Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 9, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
jaggered-grimjow said:
Hmm, I never took that into consideration but Gon and Kil both need more training. They could barely handle Rammot and now that he has developed Nen and all the other Ants are sure to catch on, they are going to have a tough time.

But, the tournament style would of slowed it down considerably. So you're right on that but they do have enough time to make it to the Queen. Kite did state that. I'm not even sure why he was participating in these fights to begin with. He is obviously way more powerful than these mooks and kind of contradicted himself a bit by joining the fight.

Other than that, I cannot wait to see what Hunters will be joining the fray.

The Chimera Ants offered them the choice of how it was all going to go down, and the choice they ended up picking stipulates that they all take part, fighting one at a time. So as per the rules, Kite stepped up for his match. Once he ended up getting the scythe, I guess he didn't see the point in waiting for his opponent to be chosen since everyone was in range of the attack.
Jun 9, 2013 5:55 PM
Jun 2012
jaggered-grimjow said:
TheDodo said:
insan3soldiern said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
CNagy said:
Well, if Kite thought the situation was the best deal they could hope for (a tournament-like ruleset where Gon and Killua could get much needed experience fighting Chimera Ants), then a giant scythe that mercs all of the opponents at once would be kind of a bad spin.

Very true. That's why I am a little perturbed that he even got that scythe on the roulette spin. Gon and Kil need more training.

I'm glad he got the Scythe for a couple of reasons. First, they simply don't have the time to be wasting in a tournament style battle, picking off enemies one at a time. Second, this tournament type deal would have pretty much killed all the momentum this arc has been building so far. From a writing perspective, it would have been pretty much suicidal.

In fact, my first reaction to this situation was an "are you kidding me? Really?" Thank god we have a very competent writer for this series in Togashi. I smiled when Kite pulled out the Scythe, because Togashi pretty much told one of my least favorite shounen cliches to fuck off.

Damn right. Togashi is pretty good at killing cliches in general. The anime drags a bit more than the manga though but the pace has been ok so far, touching wood.

Hmm, I never took that into consideration but Gon and Kil both need more training. They could barely handle Rammot and now that he has developed Nen and all the other Ants are sure to catch on, they are going to have a tough time.

But, the tournament style would of slowed it down considerably. So you're right on that but they do have enough time to make it to the Queen. Kite did state that. I'm not even sure why he was participating in these fights to begin with. He is obviously way more powerful than these mooks and kind of contradicted himself a bit by joining the fight.

Kaito probably only wanted to measure Gon and Killua's levels while going all out with the intetion to kill captain level ants (same as Rammot). As they had no problem against those ants, Kaito probably thought gaining time to reach the Queen was more important than giving them battle experience against clearly weaker fighters.
I actually think that if they had not been able to fight one on one against captain level ants they would be dead weight and I'm not sure of what would Kaito do in that situation.
Jun 9, 2013 6:27 PM

Aug 2009
Berardo12 said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
TheDodo said:
insan3soldiern said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
CNagy said:
Well, if Kite thought the situation was the best deal they could hope for (a tournament-like ruleset where Gon and Killua could get much needed experience fighting Chimera Ants), then a giant scythe that mercs all of the opponents at once would be kind of a bad spin.

Very true. That's why I am a little perturbed that he even got that scythe on the roulette spin. Gon and Kil need more training.

I'm glad he got the Scythe for a couple of reasons. First, they simply don't have the time to be wasting in a tournament style battle, picking off enemies one at a time. Second, this tournament type deal would have pretty much killed all the momentum this arc has been building so far. From a writing perspective, it would have been pretty much suicidal.

In fact, my first reaction to this situation was an "are you kidding me? Really?" Thank god we have a very competent writer for this series in Togashi. I smiled when Kite pulled out the Scythe, because Togashi pretty much told one of my least favorite shounen cliches to fuck off.

Damn right. Togashi is pretty good at killing cliches in general. The anime drags a bit more than the manga though but the pace has been ok so far, touching wood.

Kaito probably only wanted to measure Gon and Killua's levels while going all out with the intetion to kill captain level ants (same as Rammot). As they had no problem against those ants, Kaito probably thought gaining time to reach the Queen was more important than giving them battle experience against clearly weaker fighters.
I actually think that if they had not been able to fight one on one against captain level ants they would be dead weight and I'm not sure of what would Kaito do in that situation.

I doubt that was what he was thinking because it contradicts him even saying that they had enough time. This can all be boiled down to his power giving him roulette #2 which is the scythe. The scythe's power Silent Waltz, is only able to be used with his scythe and it is extremely destructive. The blade increases in size through Kite's Nen and it can only be used by swinging it in a giant circle.
If your stomach feels weak then my work here is done.

Jun 9, 2013 6:44 PM
Jun 2012
jaggered-grimjow said:
Berardo12 said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
TheDodo said:
insan3soldiern said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
CNagy said:

I doubt that was what he was thinking because it contradicts him even saying that they had enough time. This can all be boiled down to his power giving him roulette #2 which is the scythe. The scythe's power Silent Waltz, is only able to be used with his scythe and it is extremely destructive. The blade increases in size through Kite's Nen and it can only be used by swinging it in a giant circle.

Yeah, they probably did have enough time but if Kaito wanted them to train against these ants there would be no point for him fighting and that together with the fact Gon and Kil were MUCH stronger was why I tought he wanted to spare time even if for precaution.

Either way I don't think the ants would keep with the game for much longer since they had already even given up on taking numbers. So, I guess Kaito's ability came in proper timing, enough to measure Gon and Kil's fighting skills (surpassing his expectations as they took captains easily) but not for the ants to start going in groups against them.
Jun 9, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
I HOPE Madhouse doesn't decrease the violent from this point.Because,there's been multiple complaints about the violence in the prev episode.
Jun 9, 2013 6:58 PM

Aug 2009
Berardo12 said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
Berardo12 said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
TheDodo said:
insan3soldiern said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
CNagy said:

Yeah, they probably did have enough time but if Kaito wanted them to train against these ants there would be no point for him fighting and that together with the fact Gon and Kil were MUCH stronger was why I tought he wanted to spare time even if for precaution.

Either way I don't think the ants would keep with the game for much longer since they had already even given up on taking numbers. So, I guess Kaito's ability came in proper timing, enough to measure Gon and Kil's fighting skills (surpassing his expectations as they took captains easily) but not for the ants to start going in groups against them.

Ah I see where you're getting at. I can agree with that. It was a fluke that he got that roulette. Even so, I wonder why he is worried. It can't only be because of Rammot's new development. I've got a bad feeling about the prospects of Kite surviving this arc. Dammit, I dunno if I should read the manga or not.

Jun 9, 2013 7:16 PM
Jun 2012
jaggered-grimjow said:
Berardo12 said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
Berardo12 said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
TheDodo said:
insan3soldiern said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
CNagy said:

Ah I see where you're getting at. I can agree with that. It was a fluke that he got that roulette. Even so, I wonder why he is worried. It can't only be because of Rammot's new development. I've got a bad feeling about the prospects of Kite surviving this arc. Dammit, I dunno if I should read the manga or not.

Maybe not so much that Rammot has nen but that almost every ant (the ones strong enough to take a nen attack without dying) can now use nen. But it could be something else.

About the manga, try to keep watching this adaptation. It has amazingly superior art, animation is always nice (specially when it's this level of animation) and it finally kicked in with the story by being almost completely canon and stop doing filler for the most part.

I do get the fillers were nice to the story and will increase the experience of marathoning it in a near future but it was painful to wait every week for having a chapter per episode. But now, it got to nice 2 chapters per episode or something like it and I feel there is no need to go to the manga at least not as far of now. But, that's your decision to make it will be awesome either way :)
Jun 9, 2013 8:58 PM

Nov 2012
insan3soldiern said:
jaggered-grimjow said:
CNagy said:

I think he did that in Heavens Arena arc too.
Jun 9, 2013 9:11 PM

Dec 2007
xmaikokoro said:
XxAlicexX said:
Ahhh, I wanted more of Kite though! I really want to know why he chose his ability when every roll for him is a 'bad spin'.

I found that scythe quite neat!

I was reading a blog that covered this anime and the blogger put out an interesting speculation on why Kite always says "bad spin" for each of his rolls. He wrote that the term "bad spin" is possibly coined by Kite as a way to mourn both himself as well as those he kills. So maybe "bad spin" does not mean that the rolls are bad, but rather that Kite feels sorrow for having to kill another.

Although the speculation might not be true, I find it interesting and it does fit his character. Especially since I do believe on the episode Kite was introduced he said something along the lines of "forced to take another life," like he does not want to kill others.

The blogger you bring up makes an interesting point. It is funny how Kite would call every spin a bad one, when from the viewers' perspectives it seems like the complete opposite. As for why Kite chose to make his weapons into a roulette, for those who haven't figured it out yet, it's his Nen condition in order to make all his weapons stronger.

Berardo12 said:
Maybe not so much that Rammot has nen but that almost every ant (the ones strong enough to take a nen attack without dying) can now use nen. But it could be something else.

The ants can't use Nen...yet. Obviously Rammot is the start, but they haven't actually learned it yet.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jun 9, 2013 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
xmaikokoro said:
XxAlicexX said:
Ahhh, I wanted more of Kite though! I really want to know why he chose his ability when every roll for him is a 'bad spin'.

I was reading a blog that covered this anime and the blogger put out an interesting speculation on why Kite always says "bad spin" for each of his rolls. He wrote that the term "bad spin" is possibly coined by Kite as a way to mourn both himself as well as those he kills. So maybe "bad spin" does not mean that the rolls are bad, but rather that Kite feels sorrow for having to kill another.

Although the speculation might not be true, I find it interesting and it does fit his character. Especially since I do believe on the episode Kite was introduced he said something along the lines of "forced to take another life," like he does not want to kill others.

That's a pretty interesting interpretation. Where might this blog be?
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 9, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2009
Pusswookie said:
xmaikokoro said:
XxAlicexX said:

Probably this: http://www.lostinanime.com/search/label/Hunter%20x%20Hunter
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 9, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2012

Nice Scythe! I want more from the Crazy Slots!
Kinda remind me though of Maka's death scythe in SE!
rebelakumaJun 9, 2013 10:14 PM
Jun 9, 2013 10:52 PM

May 2012
The reason why Kite didn't just kill them all, yeah it was because of the randomness of his ability. But also Kite has made it a point to make sure Gon and Killua can handle themselves. Which is why he mentions they couldn't of have asked for a better deal. It gives them a chance to test the strength against captains.
Jun 10, 2013 12:46 AM
Dec 2012
I honestly didn't really like the writing animation style for Kite's killing blow and felt that Togashi drew a much better picture for the manga. That being said, I fucking love Kite. His nen ability is one of my favourites... actually, they're all pretty good.

Looking forward to Nef, but more so to those Hunters mentioned early on in the episode >:D. Some of my favourite characters in the whole piece.
Jun 10, 2013 1:02 AM

Dec 2011
Oh yes. Been waiting for Kite's scythe!! Loved this moment in the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2013 1:16 AM

Jun 2011
intresting that the scene at the beginning with Netero is shown waaay later in the manga, like more than a half year if we go by the manga.
Jun 10, 2013 1:32 AM

Jul 2012
jaggered-grimjow said:
CNagy said:

let me tell you guy pitou is awesome but i cant remember well since ive red the manga years ago XD.so this episodes are still somewhat fresh
Cty Best mid
Jun 10, 2013 5:01 AM

Jun 2013
Canute said:
I HOPE Madhouse doesn't decrease the violent from this point.Because,there's been multiple complaints about the violence in the prev episode.

Episode 82??

You kidding me everything was too gruesome in that episode
Jun 10, 2013 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
I loved this episode .

The moment when Gon stopped that ant was awesome .
Killua is so awesome x3
Kite is the most badass of this show . Respect for him :D
Jun 10, 2013 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
insan3soldiern said:
Pusswookie said:
xmaikokoro said:
XxAlicexX said:

Probably this: http://www.lostinanime.com/search/label/Hunter%20x%20Hunter

Yup that's the blog. The blogger presents many interesting points for the whole series that I think most people miss. If you have time, it's a very interesting read.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Jun 10, 2013 1:19 PM
Nov 2009
I'm the only one who didn't like that tornado-like shit in Kite attack? D:
Jun 10, 2013 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
Wonder who's the girl that speak on the preview..
Keep moving forward
Jun 10, 2013 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
Mikisi said:
I'm the only one who didn't like that tornado-like shit in Kite attack? D:

Don't feel bad, even Kite didn't like it.
Jun 11, 2013 4:09 PM

Nov 2011
Grim Reaper Dance!
That was fucking epic tbh. Kite for president.
Jun 11, 2013 4:44 PM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
Grim Reaper Dance!
That was fucking epic tbh. Kite for president.

And so, you have reached the last episode. (yes, I have been reading you).

Welcome to the tortuous world of waiting a week for every episode.
Jun 11, 2013 8:27 PM

Feb 2013
Gon personality is to soft... I little dislike with that, ,

The episode getting better and better, can't wait for next episode
Jun 12, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2012
Kaito lame all over around not even his death scythe was I found it extreme.
I don't know maybe I just don't like Kaito lol.
Killua had best fight in episode. Gon was cheesy.

Judging by the preview, The next episode will finally show one of the main villains of this arc.
Jun 12, 2013 7:17 AM
Jun 2013
Salce said:
Welcome to the tortuous world of waiting a week for every episode.

If that's for you tourturous world, then what about manga readers? THAT'S hell, you know.
Jun 12, 2013 7:24 AM

Jun 2013
I just want to see Rammot go for revenge and win a little and then just get wrecked again
Jun 12, 2013 7:50 AM
Jun 2013
I guess Pitou is officially male:
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=924071

This should end discussion about it.
Jun 12, 2013 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
bwps said:

one of the images in the OP contains a pretty big spoiler, oh well, I don't expect anime only folk to dig around there anyway
Jun 12, 2013 3:33 PM
Jun 12, 2013 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
gedata said:
bwps said:

one of the images in the OP contains a pretty big spoiler, oh well, I don't expect anime only folk to dig around there anyway

I did, and saw horrible things.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 12, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not sure if this was discussed yet but was this the first time that Gon killed someone from latest episode?
Jun 12, 2013 8:03 PM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
I'm not sure if this was discussed yet but was this the first time that Gon killed someone from latest episode?

He didn't destroy the ant's head, so he could have survived. Maybe he was just paralyzed.
Jun 12, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
killua never fail me again sick ending kill! and kaitos death scythe is sick with one single blow..that was epic men.. this anime is gettin better :) keep it up! ;)
Jun 13, 2013 2:21 AM

Jun 2013
gedata said:
Stark700 said:

He didn't destroy the ant's head, so he could have survived. Maybe he was just paralyzed.

He will die in a day,so consider that the first kill of Gon
Jun 13, 2013 6:09 AM

Feb 2013
Aaronide_ger said:
gedata said:
Stark700 said:

he did't cut it apart or decapitate it, so Gon remains pure
Jun 13, 2013 9:35 AM
Sep 2012
He didn't destroy his head, he crushed him to death

and the wiki says he killed him
Jun 13, 2013 10:22 AM

Jun 2013
gedata said:
Aaronide_ger said:
gedata said:
Stark700 said:

he did't cut it apart or decapitate it, so Gon remains pure

Pure lol

As long as your opponent dies and the cause is YOU it means that you killed him
Jun 13, 2013 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
What does it matter if he's pure?

By the way, if Armadillo is paralyzed then that means he can't feed himself which will lead to starvation. So Gon did kill him. JUST SAYING.

Jun 13, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2013
Gon probably intended to kill that multi-armed ant, so yeah...either way, it's made pretty clear especially by Kite that stuff like that doesn't matter here. If they're going to go through hell (we've yet to see the aforementioned hellishness, but it'll happen...) then being pure's the least of their worries.

Good ep, a bit slow with Gon's fight but it's going well.
Jun 13, 2013 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
Gon's "purity" seems to be an awfully weird thing be concerned about given the circumstances.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 23, 2013 10:44 PM

Oct 2012
This was a really good episode. I give it a 4/5.
Jun 25, 2013 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
colts such beast! took full force punch to the face. but they fucked up how theyREALLY discovered Nen!
that whole organ vomitting thing was really gross... :/
he's like an armored armadillo that does that spingy thing sonic the hedgehog does. i wonder
how he knows which direction to change when hes spinning that face with his face tucked in his
stomach?

damn killua was so beast and efficient again. i really like hhow theyre plsying out these fights!
more of illua's secret techniques. and then kaito.. omfg. kills it.
Jun 28, 2013 2:50 PM
Apr 2011
gets better each eps. can't wait for mawr
Jul 14, 2013 7:44 AM

Jan 2012
kite sytche was crazy, and him calling it a drag is more than crazy XD
Aug 6, 2013 2:22 AM

Dec 2012
More awesome fights, keep em coming! Kite's scythe is especially awesome. It was a bit freaky how the frog C.A. was able to remember the feeling of being killed. And man, I never thought I'd find someone creepier than Hisoka in this series, but I'm going to nominate Rammot. Only difference is Hisoka's rape faces rock, Rammot is seriously distorted and ugly as hell.
Aug 10, 2013 10:33 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode.
The fights were epic especially Kite's battle and Killua also Gon too.
The preview oh things will be cool.
5/5
Aug 11, 2013 7:15 AM

Jul 2009
Kaito's scythe was so badass, I love the completely random nature of his ability. Nen is right up there with the devil fruit when it comes to making brilliant abilities for characters.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
Yesterday, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.