Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Takes a peek*

Another cute episode imo. She's soooo shy.
>So scary

Jun 4, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2010
Loving this show. Great episode.
Fun things are fun.
Jun 4, 2013 1:28 PM

May 2012
500 yen worth of Oppai luck!

Glad they're showing the other characters a lot more now. Yuzuko really does feel like a third wheel. It's pretty hard to surmount the childhood friend wall.

Man this show is tons of fun~
Jun 4, 2013 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
Cute episode as always.
I was just thinking, even though this takes place in an all girls school, I don't think I've seen one male character in this entire anime.
Jun 4, 2013 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
this anime is just so cute and funny

Jun 4, 2013 2:45 PM

May 2012
RediceRyan said:
Cute episode as always.
I was just thinking, even though this takes place in an all girls school, I don't think I've seen one male character in this entire anime.

There have been a lot. They're just monochrome sketches. But they have definitely been there.
Jun 4, 2013 2:59 PM
May 2013
vampko said:

Glad they're showing the other characters a lot more now. Yuzuko really does feel like a third wheel. It's pretty hard to surmount the childhood friend wall.

interesting. i really haven't felt this way about her. i agree about the new characters :D
Jun 4, 2013 4:04 PM

Dec 2009
I never get tired of hearing Yukari laugh.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 4, 2013 4:23 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
So, it appears Yukari and Yuzuko were just waiting for a chance to set up Yui and Chiho.

Anyway, somebody help me out here. I freely admit I don't get Fumi's joke at 21:27...
Jun 4, 2013 4:25 PM

Apr 2010
Ai-chan is so cuuuuuuute. I wanna snuggle her.

Jun 4, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
Anyway, somebody help me out here. I freely admit I don't get Fumi's joke at 21:27...

高い刈りバサミとかあるよ。

We've got high hedge trimmers...
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ssn/sgl-12/

There must be a pun or a sex joke in there somewhere but I don't know what it is either... might have to go through the manga to see if it is in there though I still don't have the first book so I keep thinking I am missing something.

Trim the hedge does sound a bit suggestive but... it is totally out of the blue there.
Jun 4, 2013 6:29 PM

May 2013
That picture of Yui holding a peace sign lol.
Jun 4, 2013 6:39 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
高い刈りバサミとかあるよ。
I could hear 'high' and 'shears', but that was the extent of what I could get - I was depending on the subs for the rest. But, I have to ask, cause for the last part I hear "とかありよ" - not "とかあるよ", and "とかありよ" comes out better in google translate, so is that what you meant ?

(either way, not meaning to criticize - just trying to learn)
Jun 4, 2013 6:43 PM
Mar 2013
hpulley said:
Cratex said:

高い刈りバサミとかあるよ。

We've got high hedge trimmers...
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ssn/sgl-12/

There must be a pun or a sex joke in there somewhere but I don't know what it is either... might have to go through the manga to see if it is in there though I still don't have the first book so I keep thinking I am missing something.

Trim the hedge does sound a bit suggestive but... it is totally out of the blue there.

"Hedge trimmer" 高枝切バサミ is well known common example of "waste of money" because of advertisement aired many times on TV. The ads said it's so useful in many ways even other than just trimming hedge. People consider the ads are ridiculous and it's useless, yet no one actually sees a person bought it.

Also I think another fun point is, trimming hedge itself is not for young girls (it's for middle or old ages), but being Fumi such mysterious person, she might actually do that.
ukainaotoJun 4, 2013 6:54 PM
Engrish speaker
Jun 4, 2013 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
Aikawa and Mom.. I'd be down for some nursing for 500 yen ;D
Jun 4, 2013 6:53 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ukai said:
"Hedge trimmer" 高枝切バサミ is well known common example of "waste of money" because of advertisement aired many times on TV. The ads said it's so useful in many ways even other than just trimming hedge. People consider it's not so useful and the ads are riduculous, though no one actually see a person bouhgt it.

Also I think another fun point is, trimming hedge itself is not for young girls (it's for middle or old ages), but being Fumi such mysterious person, she might actually do that.
Ah. Okay, I think I get it now. Actually, what I really mean is I understand the intent, but I'm sure it is one of those "you needed to be there" things :)
Jun 4, 2013 8:13 PM

Mar 2013
This anime makes me feel so much good, best comedy anime of the season, no question.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 4, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
Yay, more friends! ^^
Great soundtrack that played in the ending scene, so uplifting.

Honestly, this series is so relaxing ^^

Jun 5, 2013 1:06 AM

Apr 2011
Ahahaha! I laugh so many times this episode!

So the three girls are getting more screen times now. I love how six of them are getting interacting and getting along. With Ai-chan and others added, this shows is going to get more fun.

I love how this animes makes me laugh and relax at the same time. It takes out some stress from real life.
Jun 5, 2013 2:14 AM
Dec 2007
Did I hear Ishihara Kaori in the beginning when an underclassman greeted Aikawa?
Jun 5, 2013 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
hpulley said:
高い刈りバサミとかあるよ。
I could hear 'high' and 'shears', but that was the extent of what I could get - I was depending on the subs for the rest. But, I have to ask, cause for the last part I hear "とかありよ" - not "とかあるよ", and "とかありよ" comes out better in google translate, so is that what you meant ?

(either way, not meaning to criticize - just trying to learn)
I thought I heard what I wrote but you could be right. She said it quickly...
Jun 5, 2013 2:43 AM

Feb 2012
Glad to see the other trio getting more screen time. Hopefully this continues for the next 3 episodes.
Jun 5, 2013 5:34 AM

May 2010
I still crack up when they call the teacher as "Okaa-san" XD. The other girl trio is also pretty interesting. Fumi is great;D
Jun 5, 2013 7:19 AM

May 2012
phenom_ said:
vampko said:

interesting. i really haven't felt this way about her. i agree about the new characters :D

I'm saying how she feels, not to me, but the way she personally feels about her situation.
Jun 5, 2013 7:25 AM

Apr 2010
They certainly are obsessed with the breasts of their teacher with the 500 yen coin and all.
Lot's of Okano this episode not to mention lots of Aikawa's group in general seems Okano felt out with not having any kouhai and started sticking more with the others.
Aikawa coming to the club room looked cute especially when left alone with Yui.
Jun 5, 2013 10:45 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
My biggest problem right now is that I often can't keep up with them. That, and as I'm older and my hearing is getting worse, exactly in the range that matches female speakers' voices...
Jun 5, 2013 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
hpulley said:
My biggest problem right now is that I often can't keep up with them. That, and as I'm older and my hearing is getting worse, exactly in the range that matches female speakers' voices...
I 'hear' you there LOL. Listening is the hardest part of learning Japanese for me. I read better than I listen as of course I can read at my own speed. Most people hate kanji but I love it as it means I don't need to rely on context for the synonyms though you have to use the 'wrong' kanji to tell a pun in writing that way or leave it in hiragana or katakana.

When listening to real people you can't even rewind it to hear it again. Then all you can do is sheepishly say, "もう一度言ってください。" Or hope you heard enough to answer the right question. It is a challenge for sure. がんばります!がんばってね!
Jun 5, 2013 12:11 PM

May 2013
Did anyone got the lesbian undertext this episode? I read somewhere that lesbian couples dynamics work as a mother-daughter relationship, so in asking "like whom would your daughter to look like?" they were really saying "who would you choose to be your submissive partner?".
Jun 5, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
Full group, more fun.
Jun 5, 2013 1:54 PM

Oct 2011
better than last 2 episodes - which is not much of an achievement :(
had some laughs, nice moments here and there

major problem is still Yuzuko - somehow I don't find what she does or says funny, rather irritating, Yui is funny character and Yukari weird way of seeing things is awesome.

good they give more time to other characters :) I do like them - Chiho was soooo adorable
Jun 5, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
Cratex said:
hpulley said:
高い刈りバサミとかあるよ。
I heard あるよ but I agree that she sounded almost like ありよ. I guess I got あるよ because it just sounded natural that way. Grammar wise, "とかありよ" is questionable but "とかあるよ" is standard Japanese. I don't know what is meant by "come out better in google translate" though. I only know the Japanese grammar.

And as ukai said, the item she said is 高枝切バサミ not 高い刈りバサミ.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 5, 2013 3:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
symbv said:
I don't know what is meant by "come out better in google translate" though. I only know the Japanese grammar.
I don't (grin), and I couldn't find it in my dictionary. So I put it in Google Translate, and I got the following:

とかあるよ = I'm a certain preference

とかありよ = I have such as

(not that I trust Google Translate, but sometimes it's the only thing I've got when my other resources run out)
Jun 5, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
attack on moe
Jun 5, 2013 6:17 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
hpulley said:
Cratex said:
hpulley said:
高い刈りバサミとかあるよ。
I heard あるよ but I agree that she sounded almost like ありよ. I guess I got あるよ because it just sounded natural that way. Grammar wise, "とかありよ" is questionable but "とかあるよ" is standard Japanese. I don't know what is meant by "come out better in google translate" though. I only know the Japanese grammar.

And as ukai said, the item she said is 高枝切バサミ not 高い刈りバサミ.

あるよ sounded natural to me too. Sorry I failed on my IME entry for the high hedge trimmer, it is not a word I had heard before to be honest. High branch cut scissors makes much more sense though!
Jun 5, 2013 6:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I suddenly realized something, and had to laugh. This is an anime about Cute Girls Doing Cute Things ™ and here we are a bunch of guys arguing over grammar and phonetics. I think I need a drink ;)
Jun 5, 2013 9:34 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
I don't (grin), and I couldn't find it in my dictionary. So I put it in Google Translate, and I got the following:

とかあるよ = I'm a certain preference

とかありよ = I have such as

(not that I trust Google Translate, but sometimes it's the only thing I've got when my other resources run out)
I've just checked Google Translate and am actually surprised how it messed up this translation while it seems to be doing a not-so-bad job translating some much longer text.

Anyway, ある is the verb for "there is" so using it makes sense but あり is the conjunction form of ある or (less commonly) a formal style of it, neither of which fits in the context of the situation (when Fumi spook only that sentence and as a casual conversation)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 6, 2013 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

This part was really fun, but not only Yuzu, Yui also behaved well!

Wingzx said:

Really loads of comedy this episode, the entry of fumes and Kei, gave his frutti.Fumi turned out to be really up Yuzu, with his antics. Chiho, who knows if they will enter the club of Yui, it would be interesting and Kei is not clear who is aiming really. This series has the fetish breast it seems, unlike Aiura! XD A whole bunch of situations, I was never bored!
Jun 6, 2013 9:42 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Anyway, ある is the verb for "there is"
The light bulb just went off in my head. I feel stupid now.
Jun 6, 2013 9:57 AM
Jul 2011
I think that the show has finally lost its momentum.

The first couple of episodes weren't by any means masterpieces, but at least they had some entertainment value. Now the series seems to have deteriorated to... what, exactly? I feel that in the more recent episodes (6 onwards, maybe) nothing of any importance happens. Nothing has happened to get me invested in these characters at all.

I watch it, but I no longer get anything out of it. The jokes don't work and the situations aren't entertaining.
Jun 6, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
Information said:
I think that the show has finally lost its momentum.

I watch it, but I no longer get anything out of it. The jokes don't work and the situations aren't entertaining.
On the contrary I love the recent episodes far more than the early ones. More characters, the relationship more established, more funny situations, more variety of jokes.... The list goes on...

Jun 6, 2013 10:08 AM
Jul 2011
symbv said:
On the contrary I love the recent episodes far more than the early ones. More characters, the relationship more established, more funny situations, more variety of jokes.... The list goes on...

I guess I was more into the set up of the series. But I feel that in every recent episode, the same things seem to be happening with slight variations. More characters are added, but what do they add to the entertainment? What makes them stand out? In my mind, all of the characters are written very similarly (with the exception of Yui, whose pessimistic personality is the one aspect I tend to like the most about the series).

That's not to say that this has become a bad show. It still has its moments. But I just feel that it could be a great deal better.
Jun 6, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
Information said:
More characters are added, but what do they add to the entertainment? What makes them stand out?
The characters of Aikawa's group are quite different from Yui's one and they have a different group dynamic. Also the interaction of the two groups is something absent in early episodes. (besides as a yuri fan, the interaction gives me more room of imagination). And as the girls get more familiar with Okaasan, the jokes also evolve quite a bit. The same also happens between the three girls - for example in one episode when Yukari starts to play with Yui's finger when Yuzuko goes away, it is something that reminds me of something I once saw back when I was in high school between two very close girls (of course they did not have the Yuzuko's character to sneak attack them lol. And the increase of some raunchy jokes is just another element of diversity that I enjoy.

Jun 6, 2013 4:27 PM

Oct 2012
grinning all episode long, lovin the pan ups from their legs to the top.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Jun 7, 2013 6:56 AM

Sep 2010
Best part of the episode was when Nonohara was explaining about the 500 yen coin. The "lucky girl" sound is just too awkward to overlook. lol
Jun 8, 2013 4:36 AM

Jul 2011
lucky girl.
講廢話,被撞到.
Jun 8, 2013 11:32 PM

Apr 2011
I'm a bread person too! XD

With Aikawa and co joining the fray, things are gonna be more fun.
MagitoJun 8, 2013 11:50 PM
Jun 9, 2013 8:45 AM

Oct 2007

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 9, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ That's great! Love the keyboardist putting a copy of the manga on his keys! LOL
Jun 9, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
The vocals are particularly good in the cover. They even cosplayed as the characters!

Jun 9, 2013 9:16 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Thumbs Up!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2013

112 by katakumplat »»
Feb 16, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2013

44 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2013

56 by katakumplat »»
Jan 25, 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.