Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 17, 2013 2:22 AM

Apr 2011
alvero said:

So she finally defeats Maou. lol

Awesome episode! Suzuno is already awesome this episode. A cute traditional japanese waifu at that. Lucky!

Lol at Emi almost falling down the stairs three times that we can see her pink pantsu. I'm surprise how Eme can now communicate with Emi from Ente Isla. Lol at bento scene where Chiho screamed at the end. I wonder what Suzuno is after? Maou's head or his heart? And that burglar guy's eyes looks similar to lucifer.Kinda convenient where you can obtain your powers from a energy drink.

Anyway, awesome episode as always. Love how Maou catched Emi from falling then defeating him after and they're always mistaken as lovers. Eme is gonna tease her more after this, especially when we get to volume 3 of the LN.

Note: dat obento of love! XD

5/5
May 17, 2013 2:34 AM

Mar 2013
I like the new girl, she brings a nice change to the other characters that are always hyper and talkative.
May 17, 2013 3:15 AM

Jan 2013
Those stairs are dangerous! I died when Emi punched and kicked Maou in the face, what a nice nosebleed! And the two layered lunchbox, oh lord, this was a great episode.
May 17, 2013 3:17 AM

Jan 2013
Laughed a lot with this ep. Those stairs are dangerous, and the end of the ep with the call of Suzuno was epic
May 17, 2013 3:39 AM

Dec 2012
I thought the girl with yukata(or kimono) are demon friend of Maou, but she is just the new neighbor. But, there was some weird atmosphere around her. Does she want to be Maou's lover or kill him?
Lucifer will have to cook everyday because of Ashiya's sickness. Which is he only have the ability to cook a noodle.
Chiho was jealous because Kamazuki made a bento for Maou. And there's a heart shape in on the rice!
I wonder what was the cause of Yuusha's power depletion. Was it the purple beam from anonymous attacker or the holy vitamin beta? Because I can sense another betrayal in the air.

Ferice said:
Laughed a lot with this ep. Those stairs are dangerous, and the end of the ep with the call of Suzuno was epic

As always, funny episode with a bit romantic & epic things here & there. Just perfect.

JimJamJamieJoo said:
Those stairs are dangerous! I died when Emi punched and kicked Maou in the face, what a nice nosebleed! And the two layered lunchbox, oh lord, this was a great episode.

Maybe there is a reason why the stairs are dangerous & why the landlord never tripped herself.
I like anime.
May 17, 2013 3:57 AM
Jun 2012
I don't understand those who are saying the series is becoming a Harem.
On a Side note Purple eyes are signs of an angel. So the attacker could be lucifer or another angel.

Like someone point it out, Emi and Suzuno/bell aren't even talking in the same wavelength. This is how i see it
Emi : "are u after him too?" >for emi she ask in romantic way but for suzuno its might sound like "are u after his life too?"
suzu: "what if he heard us" > she was being cautious but for emi she sound like she's shy....
And so the misunderstanding continue.

Hope the series end with V2 and restart with V3 in season 2 if there will be one, though i won't see Alas=Ramus if the anime end with v2.
noireoMay 17, 2013 4:59 AM
May 17, 2013 4:11 AM

May 2013
suspicious girl for having directly involve in Maou's household, but never bored to see girl in yukata... ^^
「相対性理論って、とってもロマンチックって、とっても切ないものだね。」~牧瀬紅莉栖~
May 17, 2013 4:18 AM
Aug 2012
Kinda thought the scythe guy was Lucifer too... but wasn't scythe guy a bit... taller? :O
May 17, 2013 4:49 AM

Feb 2011
Kinda liked the new girl. Lol , that part time worker's japanese was 0_0
May 17, 2013 5:26 AM

Jan 2011
I really hope this doesnt turn haremy. It will get insta -2 on score if it goes that way. Not to mention its losing pace recently.
May 17, 2013 5:26 AM
May 2012
LOL, hilarious episode, especially Chiho's overreaction to the lunch and Emi's trips down the stairs.

I'm guessing the assailant at the end is another character we haven't seen yet, or rather, in a long time. Probably another of Maou's generals. I don't think Lucifer would go through the trouble of attacking her again after being stomped by Maou.
May 17, 2013 5:33 AM

Feb 2013
May 17, 2013 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
lol Sentucky Fried Chicken...

Also poor Chiho.

The New girl I'm 100% is the dumbass running into automatic doors assassin however.
May 17, 2013 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
Stairs are freaking scary.
May 17, 2013 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
poor Ashiya and that new girl is so cute ^^ I like her and that Chi-chan reaction for bento xD Epic ^^
May 17, 2013 7:04 AM
Dec 2012
rul said:
Anyone else think the scythe guy was Lucifer, they had similar eyes and both in purple.

I wondered if it was the new girl in disguise. She was very polite, which even felt like a fake and made me suspicious of her. She wore a purple robe in Ente Isla. Maybe purple is her color at battles as hair of Emi turns into silver. Or maybe she disguised herself as Lucifer for some reason. Of course maybe it was someone else though. Not sure. Anyway it looked like the same person showing up in preview.
May 17, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
I think we'll have a new character :p
pew pew pew
May 17, 2013 7:37 AM

Oct 2011
I don't mind if this show becomes a harem actually. The comedy and characters are more than enough to keep me interested. Definitely the second best anime of the season after Attack on Titan imo.

Kanae Itou's new character is as cute as ever :3

May 17, 2013 8:46 AM

Oct 2011
AHH NOO NOT A HAREM!! Please no.. don't destroy this brilliant anime. D:

This episode was the worst yet. Worst because there's one girl after another that goes after Maou, which btw, Suzuno has absolutely NO REASON whatsoever to fall for him. She just met him. Emi has no reason either, after he basically ruined her life in Ente Isla.. Chiho has a reason, she only knows him as her kind co-worker.

Also... DEAR MOTHER OF GOD Emeralda's voice is the MOST IRRITATING THING I'VE EVER HEARD. I had to pause the episode like 6 times to take a break from her talking. I wanted to strangle her.

The only good things about this episode was Ashiya and Emilia. Those two are just the greatest.
May 17, 2013 8:56 AM

Nov 2009
Alright episode!!!

New character Kamazuki Suzuno makes her debut but judging from her character and her appearance in the OP theme, it suggests that she is someone from Ente Isla but it will remain a mystery for now. Suspicious people are after Emi as they managed to nullify her sacred powers. Comedy was pretty good in this episode with some good laughs.

Looking forward to next episode!!

5/5

May 17, 2013 9:17 AM

Oct 2012
Very funny episode. With lot of fanservice. Pantsu Emi.

I liked new girl, she has some mysterious aura (of course she is from another world, magician perhaps? OP spoiled us) And her bento scene was marvelous :)
Who is the white haired tall guy though?

I aslo liked fantasy world "meanwhile" story.

Next time SFC vs. McRonald battle coming, lol xD
May 17, 2013 9:35 AM

Jul 2009
Those stairs are the ultimate line of defense of Maou castlle. Everybody with evil intention fall in this trap.

Last episode, Kamazuki was trapped too
bruh
May 17, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
Congats too the devil lord for his promotion haha

May 17, 2013 10:16 AM

May 2010
nretnaL said:
symbv said:
We all love Ito Kanae in yukata, right?

Actually she also looks great in the LN too:

Yeah, her arrival signifies the start of the vol.3 of the LN

Actually, that's the manga cover...
Suzuno debuts in Vol.2 of the LN and she doesn't show up on the cover.

The cover Vol.3 of the LN contains a huge spoiler so I won't be posting it here.

Instead, here's an illustration from Vol.2 of the LN:

The new girl is pretty nice
May 17, 2013 10:16 AM

Jun 2008
Damn! This show goes so quickly. i need 45 minute episodes damn it! It was another greatly amusing episode. From the new girl pulling out the landlady photo with that slow-mo and the sound lol, Emi with her stalking and stair fighting and Chiho getting completely crazy with the second bottom of the bento.

Also lots of lovely capture moments.

Full Emi in the heat image for enjoyment.

and
Fanservice with a smirk.

cephilis said:
I like how the guy in the mask was like "AUGHH Oranges, my only weakness!"

Lol. I thought the same.
Hero of the day. Don't underestimate his deadly...emm..oranges.
MonadMay 17, 2013 10:27 AM
May 17, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
Monad said:

cephilis said:
I like how the guy in the mask was like "AUGHH Oranges, my only weakness!"

Lol. I thought the same.
Hero of the day. Don't underestimate his deadly...emm..oranges.

Not oranges...
Self-defense paint balls used for marking troublemakers... for shopkeepers in Japan.
Bright neon resilient pigment with an added awful stench that smells like rotten cheese.
May 17, 2013 10:33 AM
Jul 2009
Loved the opening of the bento haha. Funny how Suzuno and Emi misunderstood each other, and they never revealed it to each other either lol.

Seems like Hataraku Maou-Sama is moving slower ever since episode 5... then again I've never read the manga or LN and its a great series to watch anyhow so meh.
May 17, 2013 10:46 AM

Apr 2011
I checked "seventhstyle" after watching this episode and yep, they're still bashing this show (which is a comedy focused one) for bringing in comedy. Apparently, they're angry at the fact that this comedy show, which they seem to be ignoring for some reason, is not trying to have any serious development of it's plot. They're also under the impression, like many people in this thread, that Suzuno is adding to Maou's harem. But if you think about it, it's pretty certain that Suzuno was the Church's "assassin" seen in the last episode. And finally, when there is some sort of serious plot development, they dismiss it as "totally absurd and completely random" (totally their quote there). They are also under the impression that the shopkeeper threw oranges. Hmm.... pretty bad for a "critic site" as they are completely intent on bashing this anime for no reason whatsoever.
May 17, 2013 11:01 AM

Oct 2012
absolutely loving the series so far!

to be honest i thought the burglar/grim reaper was Lucifer; their eyes were the same, but is it like that for all 'common demons'?

ps. the use of dramatic music in this anime makes me cry from laughter
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
May 17, 2013 11:03 AM

Jun 2008
yhunata said:
I checked "seventhstyle" after watching this episode and yep, they're still bashing this show (which is a comedy focused one) for bringing in comedy. Apparently, they're angry at the fact that this comedy show, which they seem to be ignoring for some reason, is not trying to have any serious development of it's plot. They're also under the impression, like many people in this thread, that Suzuno is adding to Maou's harem. But if you think about it, it's pretty certain that Suzuno was the Church's "assassin" seen in the last episode. And finally, when there is some sort of serious plot development, they dismiss it as "totally absurd and completely random" (totally their quote there). They are also under the impression that the shopkeeper threw oranges. Hmm.... pretty bad for a "critic site" as they are completely intent on bashing this anime for no reason whatsoever.

Emm..yeah, it's like..we don't give a shit dude. Who cares what sevenwhatever has to say? There are like a ton of anime opinion sites and here is MAL we ain't gonna be bothering with every site out there.
May 17, 2013 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome as always. hahaha
That end xD
May 17, 2013 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
Nothing really happen but still a good episode. It had such a every day life sort of feel. Nice focus on the girls this week, the guys didn't get to do anything; Maou is working as usual, all proud of his promotion, good for him! Lucifer got of his ass for once, but is still bratty and bored of everything, I'm surprised he didn't snatch one bottle of vitamin beta, he could really use one of those. Sweet Ashiya is sick poor guy, he looks so frail, but puts a cheerful face for Maou.

-New girl Suzano - really polite and helpful girl and mysterious too. Nobody commented on how strong she really is? The box she delivered looked really heavy for others than her. I've also seen art with her carrying a giant mallet. Funny the characters don't even mention it ^^
She's here on a mission from the church, though I hope she won't become interested in Maou later on. I did like how she and Emi mistook the whole thing.

-Emeralda sounds so sleepy.....

-Chiho-chan omg, stop shaking him already xD

-Emi is a creepy stalker and what an ungrateful way to thank the person who catch you when falling down stairs, lol. The assailant who attacked her is likely a random demon, maybe more like him will show up because the Hero is an easy target in the human world. Shop assistant came to her rescue, what a great guy ^^
May 17, 2013 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
Monad said:
yhunata said:

Emm..yeah, it's like..we don't give a shit dude. Who cares what sevenwhatever has to say? There are like a ton of anime opinion sites and here is MAL we ain't gonna be bothering with every site out there.

Yeah, I was just sharing it since someone said that he found they were bashing maou-sama, so I wanted to know what they were saying and I just wanted to share it. It's pretty apparent they don't know what they're talking about, though.
May 17, 2013 11:26 AM

Oct 2011
Suzuno makes a great addition to Maou sama's group XD

Lol @ Emi. Stairs are her weakness.

Yay for Maou's promotion

Sentucky Fried Chicken ??? Lol

I died when that guy ran into the glass door. Hmm the assassin could be the James look alike next week.

Obento: what sorcery is that XD. Chiho's serious reaction when she talked to Emi about it.

Keep getting better and better.
May 17, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
yhunata I also checked out the site. People have their tastes but I'm kinda annoyed with how picky they are ;/ Maou-sama is my favorite right now, and since it's comedy with such a lovable cast I won't complain about the silliness of the show.
May 17, 2013 11:30 AM
Dec 2012
yhunata said:
I checked "seventhstyle" after watching this episode and yep, they're still bashing this show (which is a comedy focused one) for bringing in comedy.

Yeah, it's kinda funny and reminds me of some professional reviewers who criticized Jurassic Park for insufficient depiction of humanity. What did they expect from a monster film? lol It happens in criticism sometimes. I don't even remember how many times I laughed at questionable reviews by media.
May 17, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2013
rul said:
Anyone else think the scythe guy was Lucifer, they had similar eyes and both in purple.

i was thinking that the assassin was the mgronald's store manager.
May 17, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2012
rul said:

i think so too when i saw the scythe and the eye..

lol chiho..

May 17, 2013 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:

You expected something worthwhile from "seventhstyle"?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 17, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
Num1dad_Asura said:
yhunata said:

You expected something worthwhile from "seventhstyle"?

After last week, no. I was just interested in what they had to say this week. Needless to say, I'm not gonna be returning to that site ever again.
May 17, 2013 12:11 PM

May 2012
Well, didn't expect this to be as entertaining as it is.

May 17, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2013
Emi's worst enemy = stairs. The reaction to the bento was hilarious.
May 17, 2013 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
babymilo91 said:
rul said:

I thought (and still think) it was Suzuno.
Let's go bowling.
May 17, 2013 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
They're kinda cute, right? She just meet him and she makes him do stuff by just being nice ^^

May 17, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
babymilo91 said:
rul said:

I thought (and still think) it was Suzuno.
she has blue eyes, It's likley the store manager

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 17, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2010
♥♥♥♥♥

"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 17, 2013 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
Oh Chiho you never disappoint.

The attacker probably was the store manager since she told Maou she'd be busy and not to contact her unless it was an emergency. And while Emi was that conversation on the phone outside of MgRonalds there was a closeup of the manager entering the store. There was absolutely no need for that closeup.
May 17, 2013 1:59 PM

Feb 2013
i laughed so hard the endind hauhauahauheuahe
May 17, 2013 2:45 PM

Mar 2012
The only part that got me is the soon open SFC lol..
Claude_KennyMay 17, 2013 2:57 PM
Keep moving forward
May 17, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2012
Better than previous ep. A lot of funny moments.

From now on, I can say this show is pretending to be the best one this season (after the Attak on Titans, obviously) for me. The main problem is the ending. Hope there will be some kind of conclusion. If not, than it would be a disappointment.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.