Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loooool run. The dinosaur or whatever it is looks weird.

Episode was a bit meh though for me. So, uh Arata got fatigue after just some running. Pfft. Looks like some shit went down later in the episode with the blood. Looks like next weeks' episode is going to get better.
May 6, 2013 11:21 AM

Jun 2012
Wow this show really turned into JRPG adventure like the ones I used to play on the SNES or the Dreamcast!

I know how blase everything is as an anime but I cant resist the urge to scratch one of my favorite video game genres X D
May 6, 2013 11:35 AM
Mar 2012
where the fuck are the women in this show
May 6, 2013 12:14 PM
Nov 2012
Shaduge said:
where the fuck are the women in this show

Here but it won't appear in the anime although 2 of them are really important to the plot

Disappointed that they didn't animate when Arata went to school and made him stay at home.
May 6, 2013 12:15 PM
Aug 2011
We're basically halfway through the series.
It's not like this has given us the idea that lots of women were going to start showing up.
edit:^ oh hey there's boobs in this manga?

I kind of like this episode.
Kanate sticking around with them has made things livelier.
That Akachi guy is making his move(s) the only way from here is up.
May 6, 2013 12:41 PM
Sep 2012
Still waiting for episode with Arata in Human world but I guess ep. 7 or 8 maybe :/ Also can't wait for next week! Hopefully we'll get a good fight between the two Shos and Arata.
"I was able to stay alive because of your heart." - Kanade Tachibana
May 6, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
Good ep.

Liking the parts of Arata on Earth XD I can't wait to see him go to school.

Kanate staying with them was nice (well it was obvious from the OP)
And let's see how Kannagi vs Akachi will be.

@Flamingo....damn! I think I'll need to put the manga in my PTR. Those girls are hot!
And the translation updates are becoming really frequent.
Does anyone have any ideas how many chapters still need to be translated? Til now it's 171. Are there even more? And Does it get better or it stays average?
May 6, 2013 1:15 PM

May 2013
good episode. i hope they show more of the other arata.
May 6, 2013 1:52 PM
Nov 2012
Barion-Zara said:

@Flamingo....damn! I think I'll need to put the manga in my PTR. Those girls are hot!
And the translation updates are becoming really frequent.
Does anyone have any ideas how many chapters still need to be translated? Til now it's 171. Are there even more? And Does it get better or it stays average?

The bikini girl with light hair on the left is the best female character, she's called Oribe and she is an important character to Arata's adventures in our world. I don't really know if the anime is going to put her in, it should but Seo -who becomes Hinohara's mentor throughout the story- was supposed to debut helping Hinohara in Gatoya and didn't make an appearance.

Right now it has 206-208 chapters I think, the raws are up to 204, it is published weekly in the same magazine as Magi.

It's not fair to compare the manga and the anime, the anime has been faithfully plot-wise but there are many details which have been changed and Hinohara's bullying was developed more in the first chapters which makes you hate Kadowaki and really feel sorry for Arata. And this episode should have been about the other Arata in school.
I like the story, it is your typical shonen with battles so don't expect anything out of the ordinary. Still, I think it is an enjoyable manga. If you don't like shonen or Watase's art don't read it, otherwise give it a try even if the first arcs are a bit slow.
May 6, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
So, uh Arata got fatigue after just some running.

I believe that was early signs of the fever kicking in.
May 6, 2013 2:37 PM

Feb 2013
Sick episodeeee :D the action is getting started! whoot whoot!
May 6, 2013 2:40 PM

Feb 2010
I like the plot development near the end.. otherwise, it was pretty lackluster.
May 6, 2013 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
Arata's family is worried about the current Arata that's with them there. lol~

Otsukaresama, "brothers". Younger one finally found his real family so quick, so that's why OP doesn't have him...

lol @ "Muru", and that girl was the reason... So there's someone in the general group that are nice, and knows the real truth behind who's the killer of hime.

Wow, that guy just betrayed the real killer and tagged that kind general.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 6, 2013 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
Betrayal, betrayal everywhere in this show.

Loved the other Arata moments, we need more of him.
May 6, 2013 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
So Hinohara must venture to Kannagi's Domain( 1 of the 12 Shinsho) to get to the capital. Aww Kannate leaves Ginchi with his mother. Lol @ Mura scene. Back in the Human world: Arata seems accustom while Hinohara's family go along with him. ( Memory lapse) Hinohara is sick and we learn another Hayagami is here. Whoa what happen at Kannagi's place? That massacre. Plot thickens

Wish to see more Arata and how he deals with school life. Maybe Suguru and the bullying Hinohara went through. Since this is a 12 ep series, we won't see the other domains of the 12 Shinsho : (
May 6, 2013 4:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I really enjoyed this episode, the comedy was nice :D Loved the part where they got chased by the muru(?) and the part with Hinohara's family trying to cope with the other Arata. And so the battle begins. Maybe I'll pick up the manga again after the anime is done.
May 6, 2013 5:05 PM

Nov 2012
Getting better and better. Next episode should be action packed, hopefully that sho of Kannagi and his pregnant wife end up alright. Wondering how Arata will figure into the fight, be nice to see his hayagami do some more badass stuff.
May 6, 2013 8:32 PM

Feb 2013
Well, that was another good episode. I see they mixed some things up but that was just for the sake of the unnecessary fanservice in the manga. I am glad we are getting into the meat of everything, however I am still concerned with the next episode having the first fight between Akachi and Kannagi, that they will have gone half way through the series and we still have only covered one-twelfth of the lords. I don't expect them to even get through the masked 6, but how will we even get through even just the other elemental four's territories in only 6 more episodes?
Oh, and poor fantasy Arata, his parts have been relegated to the background...oh well.

Still it was a good episode and they are doing a good job so far. I give this a 8/10.
IreneshardaMay 6, 2013 8:45 PM
May 6, 2013 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

Wish to see more Arata and how he deals with school life. Maybe Suguru and the bullying Hinohara went through. Since this is a 12 ep series, we won't see the other domains of the 12 Shinsho : (

Well we'll probably get through Yorunami (Shinsho of Water) and , maybe, maybe Kugura (Shinsho of Wind), but I doubt we'll get to Yataka (Sky)and Akachi's (Earth) arcs. Which is weird since 11 out of the 12 Shinsho are shown in the opening. Why put them there if we're never going to get to them? We just don't have enough time even if they rush it. Unless they do a second season, the story will be only half-finished.
May 6, 2013 10:25 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, Akachi betrayed Kannagi??? Interesting. Can't wait to see them battle each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2013 10:29 PM

Sep 2012
Needs more screentime for the other Arata XD
May 7, 2013 12:59 AM

Jan 2013
Mehh
May 7, 2013 1:02 AM

Feb 2009
I thought I would get more Arata this time.
May 7, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Slowish ep. Under-Sho guy seems nice, even though his boss is annoying fire guy, we'll see what happens next week, someone gunna die I guess...
May 7, 2013 4:13 AM

Jan 2012
someone hacked the terrain tool
May 7, 2013 7:39 AM

Oct 2011
Irenesharda said:

Well we'll probably get through Yorunami (Shinsho of Water) and , maybe, maybe Kugura (Shinsho of Wind), but I doubt we'll get to Yataka (Sky)and Akachi's (Earth) arcs. Which is weird since 11 out of the 12 Shinsho are shown in the opening. Why put them there if we're never going to get to them? We just don't have enough time even if they rush it. Unless they do a second season, the story will be only half-finished.

I hope for a second season.
May 7, 2013 11:44 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode!

May 7, 2013 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda rushed eh, they skipped the other Arata's scene when he go to school or maybe have to wait another episode.. Gonna continue reading the manga I guess..
Keep moving forward
May 7, 2013 4:07 PM

May 2013
I'm really hoping they are not planning on trying to make me feel sorry for Kannagi. Yeah his subjects that he likes are getting killed by the other Sho, but hasn't that been his endgame from the beginning. Earlier in the episode he said that he planned to become the king. That's not going to happen unless he defeats everyone else that's going to have the exact same plan. He just got off to a later start apparently. His actions have directly led to these entirely predictable consequences. I'm already dreading the great big ole angst bomb that's probably on its way, what with the screaming and falling to knees and maybe some vibrating googly eyes thrown in for good measure. FYI I haven't ready any of this manga at all yet, so this is all speculation on my part.
May 7, 2013 5:01 PM

Jun 2012
KyonIsGod said:
Still waiting for episode with Arata in Human world but I guess ep. 7 or 8 maybe :/ Also can't wait for next week! Hopefully we'll get a good fight between the two Shos and Arata.

Yeah I was looking forward to a episode about the Arata in the regular world, it seems like that one could have some comedy. This episode was really bad or anything but the anime is like half over and nothing has really happened. Maybe a good fight in the next episode.

3/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

May 7, 2013 9:48 PM

Feb 2013
Moridin17 said:
I'm really hoping they are not planning on trying to make me feel sorry for Kannagi. Yeah his subjects that he likes are getting killed by the other Sho, but hasn't that been his endgame from the beginning. Earlier in the episode he said that he planned to become the king. That's not going to happen unless he defeats everyone else that's going to have the exact same plan. He just got off to a later start apparently. His actions have directly led to these entirely predictable consequences. I'm already dreading the great big ole angst bomb that's probably on its way, what with the screaming and falling to knees and maybe some vibrating googly eyes thrown in for good measure. FYI I haven't ready any of this manga at all yet, so this is all speculation on my part.

I'll just say this. There's reasons behind why each of the 11 Shinsho ( I say 11 because even as of this point in the manga, Watase has yet to reveal the identity of the 12th Shinsho) participated in the the assassination of the princess. Some of them are not as evil as they first appear, even Kannagi and Akachi have good reasons of why they are doing what they are doing. And while Kannagi was the one who did the deed, he actually wasn't the mastermind behind everything. That was another of the Shinsho who also again has a tragic explanation to his actions. And even then, there are others who are pulling the strings in the background. This story has a lot of subplots and hidden plots that are revealed as the story goes on.
IreneshardaMay 7, 2013 9:53 PM
May 8, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2011
Episode was pretty normal, but it looks like it will pick up pace next week.
May 8, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Arata episode that shows a much more badass! The story is just beginning to be interesting, I figured that Kannagi he was the victim of a betrayal! Was too slippery for a type not suspect him! The female component has been enhanced with a new character quite funny! The raise my vote, waiting for the sequel.
May 8, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2010
iTsukiko said:
someone hacked the terrain tool

May 9, 2013 7:23 PM

May 2008
Okay so Akachi is the bad guy , but why did they kill the princess?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 11, 2013 12:40 AM

Feb 2013
greenmush said:
Okay so Akachi is the bad guy , but why did they kill the princess?

Well she's not dead yet. And yes Akachi is a bad guy but he has his reasons, and to a degree all of the Shinsho are the same way, just different levels of evil, with different reasons as to why they are doing what they're doing.

As to the reason they tried to kill her, they actually already explained it a little and explain it more as the story goes on. If I can get this right, it's that as princess, she has the heavenly power to keep the gods, which are the Shos' hayagami swords in check, she also keeps the world in balance and governs over the 12 Shinsho. With her gone, the 12 Shinsho could use their swords as they like and rule as they want. Unfortunately this creates chaos between all the hayagami and the Sho, with the people as collateral damage. This will also cause a race between the Sho to see who can become the most powerful Sho who will bring all the hayagamis under his control and all the Shos into submission. This person is known as the King/Emperor and he is more powerful than the Princess, who is more of a placeholder.
May 11, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
I actually got interested more into this anime by this episode

May 12, 2013 7:02 PM

Apr 2011
It feels like they're setting this up to be a long longer than just one season ... apparently Arata is on an epic quest to defeat and absorb all 12 Sho's hayagami, but we'll be lucky if he gets around to beating up his evil twin and the fire guy by the end of 12 episodes. Seriously, does that guy with the bone sword not look pretty much like Arata but with 'evil eyes' and darker hair?

Real World Arata seems to be pretty much comic relief in this series, which I don't mind so much. The fantasy world's what I really wanna see, and there's barely enough time to progress through that storyline, let alone doing the slice of life thing. Looking forward to next week as always :)
May 14, 2013 10:39 PM

May 2011
When Kannagi showed up late I thought Akachi would go and blame it on Arata. xD; But it is all groovy that it worked out this way instead. I like Kannagi so I'm happy to see him on the other side.
May 15, 2013 8:15 AM

Sep 2009
AHAHAHHA ..
The Arata in the modern world is so funny!
I like him XD
LOL at his family .. hahaha..
Jan 24, 2015 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
They killed the queen and now the infighting starts, what a shock.
Jan 6, 2020 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
MusashiRose said:
I like the plot development near the end.. otherwise, it was pretty lackluster.

Awhole bunch of nothing really...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

81 by White_Alice »»
Jun 20, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2013

53 by White_Alice »»
Jun 20, 2023 3:18 PM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2013

100 by White_Alice »»
Jun 16, 2023 1:21 AM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2013

44 by shilvio »»
Oct 19, 2022 4:59 PM

Poll: » Arata Kangatari Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2013

43 by shilvio »»
Oct 16, 2022 10:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.