Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2008 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Akie! No! T_T OMG! Akie is gone! She has been sent to hell by that SOB piece of $#%#%$#$%#%#%$ sensei! Just because of that and the fact that Enma Ai is not linked to Yuzuki anymoreShe can die for all I care and now I will watch this to see her demise. This is strike three of the animes (the other two are were a certain death in Tytania #13 occurs and certain events that happened in Xam'D #20 concerning Midori) that angered me and this being said if Enma Ai does not die I would like her to stop somehow.

Akie is gone and it makes me cry a lot! I suppose Yuzuki now will do something to go to hell. Such a waste!

1.Akie!T_T T_T Akie T_T Akie T_T

slayer545-samaDec 27, 2008 3:27 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 28, 2008 6:42 PM

Aug 2008
HOLY SH**!!! Akie is gone! And I thought they were successful in saving her too until the very last minute! My guess is because the bitch never canceled her contract with Jigoku Shoujo, so Enma Ai had to give the doll back to that bitch. Seriously, what a f**king bitch. She curses the Akie because she hates her dad. Seriously, that's pretty f'ed up (not that we haven't seen similar stuff in this show, but still, this one hurts the most because it's someone we know and actually care about).

From my knowledge of Japanese, I'm assuming Enma Ai is now freed from Yuzuki's body because of the whole lantern festival thingy? If so, then I suggest Yuzuki use the Jigoku Tsuushin to send that bitch to hell... seriously. F***, I'm still pissed at Akie being killed off like that.

Despite the fact that I used more swear words in this review of an episode more than any other reviews of other episodes, I personally think this is the MOST intense episode of the season so far. If it had my adrenaline pounding like this, I'm really excited to see what they'll do in the last few episodes of Mitsuganae, where the plot supposedly is supposed to be the most intense.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 29, 2008 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
Eh..?

Well, finally a turning point of the plot. What will happened from here will be interesting to see.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 29, 2008 3:09 PM

Feb 2008
O.O....this is probably best episode so far to me..., before i was kinda meh..on most of the third season...
Dec 29, 2008 4:11 PM
May 2008
Siva said:
Eh..?

Well, finally a turning point of the plot. What will happened from here will be interesting to see.

I hope they're not gonna do a "plot" episode, then go back to the standard revenge stories until like episode 20 something to finish up the season.
Dec 29, 2008 4:14 PM

Aug 2008
Hildolfr said:
Siva said:
Eh..?

I hope they're not gonna do a "plot" episode, then go back to the standard revenge stories until like episode 20 something to finish up the season.

I don't know... judging from the preview, there's a chance it will return to the standard revenge thing >.< Oh well, I'd still watch it nonetheless.

Dec 29, 2008 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
Yuzuki! Get revenge by killing that bish! D<
Dec 29, 2008 8:04 PM

Mar 2008
This ep is just WOW !
Dec 29, 2008 9:43 PM

Feb 2008
i guess you can use jigoku so long as you haven't pulled the string to change your target of hatred. that was wrong though, akie didn't do anything. this show's worn out, if they go back to grudge fest, which it looks like they are, ill just skip to 20 or something.
Dec 30, 2008 1:35 AM

Jul 2007
Sephor said:
O.O....this is probably best episode so far to me..., before i was kinda meh..on most of the third season...

Same here. I just hope they won't go back to the siliness of the other eps and stay on track from now on.
Dec 30, 2008 12:33 PM

Dec 2008
The only thing that keeps this serie from being a masterpiece is the lack of a continued story. Some episodes (especially the first 10 or so from each season) seem to be stand alone kinda episodes. Short story based on Jigoku Shoujo rumors and BAM! it's over. I really loved what they did in season 1 with the freelance journalist and his daughter. They kinda missed that deal with season 2, unfortunately, and tried to pull off the same trick in a very tempered way. Even this season seems to be hold together due to that Yuzuki girl. But then again, since Ai got seperated from her... UGH no more solid base for a continued story!

That's all I have to say.
★♥ マイケル ♥★
"If you obey the rules - You miss all the fun" [Kumashiro Maya]
Dec 30, 2008 7:16 PM
Jun 2008
Damn, isn't this the second closest friend that Yuzuki lost? Well, technically the other girl in the first episode isn't dead yet...or I don't think, but she's no longer around either. This really sucks. I expected something bad to happen near the end, since nothing's fair in this series...but damn, still. With Akie gone, we only have Yuzuki. They better explain the origins behind the little girl and the newcomer. I don't like how they just appear and that's it. They also better explain how and why Jigoku Shoujo returned. Just when you think she redeemed herself at the end of Futakomori, she's back to her cold and apathetic ways.
Dec 30, 2008 9:13 PM

Jun 2008
Well shit.

Now what are they going to do with the story?
Dec 31, 2008 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
ok this was kinda .....a great episode even if i didnt expected akie to vanish justlike that
so Ai is out of zuzui so what is going to happen from now on
im retty sure this will the start of te plot but...
wasnt AI inside susuki because she didnt a body..so where the hell does she got that new body...pretty sure waniudo maked something to get the body but
AAAAAAAAAAAAA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
i´ll have to wait

Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 1, 2009 4:12 AM

Mar 2008
Okay, i watched this on saturday night and only typing this now..
well, to be honest, it was too much to take down in one episode.. i guess this is supposed to be the climax for mitsuganae..
either ways, it will go round and round again like the 1st and 2nd season.. wat's going round and round? the hatred ring of course..
Enma Ai receives her body from Hell, and leaves Yuzuki's body
Yuzuki loses her best friend, right in front of her!
well, it was already quite clear who would be sent this episode from the teacher's way of speaking.. of course the most painful way to live life is without our loved ones'.. so in matters of cliche, mitsuganae has gone over the line.. it would get utterly boring if they continually repeat this style..
however, as the climax for mitsuganae, it was quite entertaining, and makes you wonder wat's going to happen next.. of course, Yuzuki is super-angry and depressed now.. but is she brave enough to take on the city? if the trend from season 1 and 2 is going to continue, they'll need to make a very good impression, or season 3 will be no more than a waste of time..
Jan 1, 2009 8:45 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Wow Yuzuki and Akie are getting more screentime recently.

-Listen Akie, you are going to need an exorcist or at least half the cast of Ghost Hunt and possible of a few of the characters from Bleach (including Zaraki Kenpachi who is amazing.) to help Yuzuki with the problem that is possessing her. (One hell of a cross-over episode and I hope to God it is never made).

-Whats this, they are actually going to devote an episode to the main plot? Sweet! Oops spoke too soon.

-So...why is Skye from Lost in Blue 1 going to Yuzuki's school?

-So what you are saying is essential this whole six-scripted lantern festival thing amounts to the closest thing Hell Correspondence has to a Holiday Season rush?

-Hmm Akie seems to be getting more screen time this episode than Yuzuki...

-Wow small world, Oh and by the way Akie, you should probably go and look for a new tutor before your current one decides to become violent.

-Heh, Yuzuki wants Jigoku Shoujo to go away and Akie wants her Father.

-Wait "SHIBATA-Sensei"!?! I smell a link to Season 1. We may have found what happened to Tsugumi and if I am right that means its been several years since the events in season 1.

-So the tutor hired a guy to rape the police-chief's dauther Akie...yeah she is so fired.

-Wow did Yuzuki just prevent someone from being sent to hell? Its about time she got a break...

-Wow I think that is the first time that Yuzuki and Ai have actually spoken to each other directly.

Post Episode Comments:

WOW! I do believe they just advanced to plot in a big way. Im not talking about the fact that Akie got sent to hell or the fact that we may have found Tsugumi. Im talking about the fact that unless I miss my guess, Ai might be retiring from the whole Hell Correspondence gig on going back to school...oh I CANT WAIT till the next episode.

Verdict:

No explanation necessary.

NOT GUILTY!!!

Jan 4, 2009 8:50 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm so there's a link between all the curses of this third season : Saigawara city, which is the city closest to Hell. Not a bad idea actually, let's see where this leads us, especially with the great ending of episode we had. Welcome back Enma Ai, and I hope Yuzuki will step up a bit and do what she's supposed to do. I'm waiting for the next ep now (and we see a Nyanko-sensei plushie too in the preview ;)).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 8, 2009 6:21 AM

Feb 2008
Has anyone noticed that Tsugumi appeared in this episode ? She was referred to as Shibata-sensei and she also was the one that stopped Yuzuki from going to hell.
Enma Ai is back,although I don't really understand why she isn't linked anymore to Yuzuki.
And I can't believe that Akie got sent to hell.Very unfair since she was completely innocent.All in all,this episode was the most heartbreaking of all,and I think that the real plot begins now.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 8, 2009 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
SailorKagome said:
Has anyone noticed that Tsugumi appeared in this episode ? She was referred to as Shibata-sensei and she also was the one that stopped Yuzuki from going to hell.
Enma Ai is back,although I don't really understand why she isn't linked anymore to Yuzuki.
And I can't believe that Akie got sent to hell.Very unfair since she was completely innocent.All in all,this episode was the most heartbreaking of all,and I think that the real plot begins now.

I didn't really notice it, but yes, I suppose you're right; that "Shibata" sensei just might be Tsugumi. Wow, then if that's the case, many years have passed since the first two seasons.

I'm sure everyone agrees that Akie was innocent. Even though people like her has been sent to hell before, we were all heartbroken because this time, it's a person that we actually care about.

Jan 16, 2009 6:11 PM

Dec 2008
Heartbreaking episode, but really well done turning point. The series just got a whole lot more interesting~

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Feb 6, 2009 1:43 AM

Nov 2007
I don't understand. -.-

\but great nontheless.

Feb 6, 2009 8:44 AM
Nov 2008
SailorKagome said:

Well I suppose she's Tsugumi too.
Mar 17, 2009 5:05 PM

Mar 2008
gah so sad when Akie disappeared like that T_T
Apr 12, 2009 12:23 PM

Feb 2009
Sephor said:

yeah same for me!
Apr 21, 2009 3:30 AM

Dec 2008
God damnit, not Akie???

Why do i fell like this show is showing more and more, that bad guys/gals sending good guys/gals to hell is FAIR and SQAURE???

Jigoku Shoujo is going down the road of my ranking...
She just sends random good and innocent people into hell just from the hatred of the guys that really deserves to be there... if this something like that really did exist, the world would become baldy in mean of humans and the only humans left, would be scum of the earth!

it started in season 2 and season 3 is getting more of a joke,

give akie back god damnit!

F*** Y** jigoku shoujo, you god damn coldhearted bi***!!!!!! You borrowed Yuzukis body without asking, you took her thru all that pain and suffering and this is how you pay her back? GO TO HELL!

I hope you will be held responsible for all the suffering and sadness you bring to the world...
PredselnApr 21, 2009 4:47 AM
Apr 21, 2009 3:58 AM

Mar 2009
lol damn, i'm kinda stupid XD

at first i thought Akie disappeared because Yuzuki touched her hand or something XP but then i realized the slut pulled the string so you know... shit happnes >.>
Apr 21, 2009 4:40 PM

May 2008
This one left a bitter aftertaste, but that's what made it even more enjoyable than the previous ones.

Also, poor Yuzuki, having to suffer all that.
May 10, 2009 9:01 AM

Jul 2008
Uguu, Akie is gone ;_______; Poor Yuzuki-chan. Akie didn't do anything wrong and still she was send to hell. And I liked her really much ! ~~

Hopefully the plot really starts soon n______n

Aug 29, 2009 2:02 PM
Feb 2008
Predseln said:
God damnit, not Akie???

Why do i fell like this show is showing more and more, that bad guys/gals sending good guys/gals to hell is FAIR and SQAURE???

Jigoku Shoujo is going down the road of my ranking...

Stupid. It's finally time that evil prevails at least in SOME anime series because that's how the outside world works.
Predseln said:
She just sends random good and innocent people into hell just from the hatred of the guys that really deserves to be there... if this something like that really did exist, the world would become baldy in mean of humans and the only humans left, would be scum of the earth!

That's the idea behind the whole series. There's a power that can take revenge instead of you and we see how people deal with it.

Predseln said:
give akie back god damnit!

F*** Y** jigoku shoujo, you god damn coldhearted bi***!!!!!! You borrowed Yuzukis body without asking, you took her thru all that pain and suffering and this is how you pay her back? GO TO HELL!

I hope you will be held responsible for all the suffering and sadness you bring to the world...

See above. And keep in mind it's anime. No need to get overemotional.
Sep 28, 2009 10:19 AM

Aug 2009
Fucking piece of shit teacher. I thought Yuzuki got the doll from her? So, she accessed the site twice?

AND WTF? WAS THAT TSUGUMI? IS SHE A GHOST NOW? SHE LIKES TO DISAPPEAR A LOT MAN.

FUCK AKIIEEEEE. Go Yuzuki, judging from her eyes when it suddenly transformed, I think Yuzuki will become Jigoku Shoujo herself.
Jan 24, 2010 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
She FINALLY saved some1!!! but she lost akie... what a bummer!!! she lost both of her best friends cuz of hell girl XP i feel soooo bad 4 her!!!
Apr 15, 2010 9:23 PM
Jul 2008
Dang. After what Akie went through, she's gonna get sent to Hell? It's really messed up, but I guess this may drive Yuzuki to change or something?
Apr 25, 2010 1:15 PM

Feb 2010
Ai is finally back! :-)!
Next eps are going to be awesome!
Jun 30, 2010 10:20 AM

May 2010
cool episode! :D form now I'm interested how it ends :)

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Oct 10, 2010 12:45 AM

Apr 2010
Why did they have to go and kill Akie?

Hmm.. maybe plot episodes are starting earlier this series, but still.. Now Yuzuki is all on her own. D:

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Feb 20, 2011 3:18 AM

Oct 2008
Poor Yuzuki. =/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 15, 2011 8:17 PM

Jun 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Akie was a char I liked a lot T.T why? omg
This kind of situation makes me really mad it was not her fault ugh I am really angry now
This season it's like of people not deserving to go to hell going and watching that makes me angry :/
I am angry and sad I just want Yuzuki to start stoping people of send people to hell.
Jun 22, 2011 12:27 PM

Apr 2008
Another episode that I can't vote... but I'm sure now.
Jul 8, 2011 9:35 PM
Jun 2009
Why is Ai suddenly back? They seriously need to do a better job explaining.
Aug 3, 2011 6:06 PM

Dec 2010
This is for sure the best episode from Mitsuganae this far. I didn't imagine it would be so good! I mean - whoah, this is one of the few episodes(either from Futukamori & Mitsuganae) that I can say deserves to exist under the title of Jigoku Shoujo, in other words - episode that continues Season 1 in the best possible way. It somehow reminded me about episode 13 from Season 1 - back then it was turning point in its own way too. I really expected to see something like this again, but I didn't hope for this good episode.
I can't say there's something I dislike about this episode, but still I really can't stay on my seat after seeing Ai being freed from Yuzuki's body. Many people expected this episode to explain what happened to her and why she's using Yuzuki's body, but I think we got really more than anyone could possibly hope for!
After she lost her best friend, Yuzuki will for sure play more of an important role now, and I'm sure we'll see her character build up.
When Yuzuki was in the mansion(when shew was saving Akie) she really resembled Hajime while trying to discourage the bitch about her having revenge. This resemblance really gave me even more faith in Mitsuganae.
I really love how they explained what are all these lanterns that were going with the Hell's river flow. It somehow helped me remember Season 1 and in some magical way it connected it with Mitsuganae. Irreplaceable...
The OST is getting really great in this episode too...
But what really helped me build most faith about Mitsuganae was Tsugumi's appearance. I wasn't even hoping to see some of the Shibatas again, but now I feel like this episode is enough for the whole Mitsuganae, considering myself. I feel a bit sad about her being grown up now, but I guess it can't be helped. Time really passes faster than we can imagine =\
MeritasAug 3, 2011 6:17 PM
Sep 6, 2011 7:44 PM
Sep 2011
this series keeps getting better and better! i wonder what tsugumi has to do with this. omg isnt it obvious its her! its the same hair same everything omg. its plainly in sight its her -.-
Jan 21, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2008
Meritas said:
When Yuzuki was in the mansion(when shew was saving Akie) she really resembled Hajime while trying to discourage the bitch about her having revenge. This resemblance really gave me even more faith in Mitsuganae.

My thoughts exactly. I was like, "Hey, this is a Hajime moment! ...Aw, now I miss him."

Meritas said:
But what really helped me build most faith about Mitsuganae was Tsugumi's appearance. I wasn't even hoping to see some of the Shibatas again, but now I feel like this episode is enough for the whole Mitsuganae, considering myself. I feel a bit sad about her being grown up now, but I guess it can't be helped. Time really passes faster than we can imagine =\

I, for one, was definitely hoping the Shibatas would show up again. Someone in an earlier episode thread mentioned something about one of the teachers being Tsugumi, which at this point I don't know if that was a spoiler or a good guess; but I'm coming to the belief that it is definitely her, which I still wouldn't have thought about had it not been for this discussion thread.

But yes, I agree. It's crazy to see her grown up now. Hajime was always my fave. ♥

Otherwise, while most people are freaking over Akie's disappearance, I can't help but be all questioning what happened in the rest of the episode. Yes, I found Akie's disappearance quite a shock, saddening, and had my mouth dangling open for several minutes when it happened, but that almost felt like the least surprising thing on my mind. I mean, Enma's separated from Yuzuki now! Supposedly? It certainly looked that way, though Yuzuki's eyes did flash red for a moment, so I'm slightly confused. And maybe I'm eating up the fact that Shibata-sensei is probably Tsugumi, which gets me super excited and kind of overshadows what's going on in Yuzuki's life - for me, anyway.

But I really liked this episode and it's one of my favorites so far. I honestly thought the police chief would be the one who got sent to hell, to make Akie suffer more, but eh. I'm a sucker for delusion, I guess.
Mar 2, 2012 12:34 PM

Aug 2011
An episode that once again proves the inevitable future in the Jigoku Shoujo series. Even if you think you've stopped the revenge, someone will still be sent to hell. Too bad it was Yuzuki's best friend, but it was predictable - the whole episode was centered on her a bit too much for her to stay alive. This episode also gave me some explanations about the whole series.
So, Ai is back in her own body now? I really hope so, because that would make the series better in my opinion - I just couldn't stand how she was climbing out of Yuzuki.
Mar 15, 2012 6:00 PM
Jul 2009
When they were running towards each other I figured one of them was gonna disappear D:
But why would she send Akie to hell? Why not the drunk guy, Akie's father, or the prosecutor/whatever?

Either it was meant to be fucked up, or they just wanted to put a plot twist in the show..

Also, I don't get why that sensei was trying to get Akie raped? o.o
UserDeletedMar 15, 2012 6:23 PM
Jun 29, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
SecretNobody said:
When they were running towards each other I figured one of them was gonna disappear D:
But why would she send Akie to hell? Why not the drunk guy, Akie's father, or the prosecutor/whatever?

Either it was meant to be fucked up, or they just wanted to put a plot twist in the show..

Also, I don't get why that sensei was trying to get Akie raped? o.o

sensi wanted akie father to feel real pain death wasnt enough she wanted something to happen to the person he treasured most and that just happened to be his daughter
Jun 29, 2012 9:40 PM

Jul 2011
oh i forgot AI IS BACK YAY!!!!
i feel so sad akie had to die but it was predictable...
HAJIME DAUGHTER!!! oh i miss him so much shibata family ftw
Aug 10, 2012 12:41 PM

May 2012
What a great episode we're now in the half of the season and finally we've got some more progress with the main story! So now Ai left Yuzuki will she still be a part of this story well I do hope so, she was an interesting asset to it!

I knew it when they where running that Akie was going to disappear! Quite a sad moment and what a horrible person to do so!

Either way this was a great episode and up to the final 13 episodes!
Sep 20, 2012 1:38 AM

Apr 2011
Very nice episode!

Shibata is back as an adult, so it might been 2 decade's has pass.

Ai receive her own body once again, through the festival event.

Akie, sadly she got sent to hell by the tutor, who was suppose to send the father, but she changed her target.

Will Yuzuki save her friend somehow? PLOT DEVICE, where are you, when we need you!
Sep 24, 2012 4:02 AM

Jan 2012
shit's about to get real...

yuziki is so damn likeable too... would wife/10 (no pedo)
Oct 1, 2012 7:46 AM

Jun 2012
Somehow, I saw this coming a mile away. As soon as matters became personal for Yuzuki, I felt like a giant red flag was raised signaling imminent death for Akie. Turns out I was right.

There was so much win in this episode that all of the mediocre episodes before this are irrelevant.

Also, was I the only one who saw Yuzuki's eyes flash red at the end? I'm guessing that this is foreshadowing that she is going to try to get revenge, either with the help of Jigoku Shoujo, or good ol' fashioned murder.

Yuzuki was a very likeable character, so I hope she continues to play a part in the rest of the season. It really felt like she was fulfilling the role Tsugumi Shibata from season 1; a role left unfulfilled in season 2.

Regardless of what happens, I want to see some serious Yuzuki revenge now. She's too good of a character to simply be thrown away like this.
LarasoOct 1, 2012 7:51 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

guyklc - Nov 22, 2008

82 by Phobossus »»
Aug 21, 2023 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.