Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 3, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
KazukiJurai said:

Jeez... just... fuck. MC of the season, case closed.
exactly.. he's not a desperate loser, he actually stands his ground.. AND that monologue was golden.
May 3, 2013 1:44 PM

May 2012
I personally think it's Yui's fault. One can totally understand Hachiman's position. Try to put yourself in his shoes.

You're a loner, you don't have any friends, then suddenly this friendly and nice girl tries to talk and hang out with you AND the only connection you have with her is that you saved her dog. Obviously, wouldn't be out of pity?

As for the girl, if it was because she liked you, wouldn't a confession be the best option possible? Or else, she's just hurting you as you can only think that she done these things for you out of pity.
May 3, 2013 1:45 PM

May 2012
funny ep and i feel sad about yui..

"If you're nice to me you're also nice to others", whats wrong being nice to others?
the problem child here is the MC, i dont like him begin with,..
i like yui but 100% he will ended up with yukino.. thanks God :D

May 3, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
funny ep and i feel sad about yui..

"If you're nice to me you're also nice to others", whats wrong being nice to others?
the problem child here is the MC, i dont like him begin with,..
i like yui but 100% he will ended up with yukino.. thanks God :D

You obviously dont see the problem.He is a loner,read what others said.It is not wrong to be nice.It is wrong to be nice to a loner,to act like you're doing him a service.To act like Yui did it means to pity him.We know she likes him but she must tell him that she's actually looking for him because she likes him.She deserves what he said to her if she doesnt tell him her true intents than just vanish from his life because he doesnt need someone to look for him.
FluffyFleshMay 3, 2013 3:37 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 3, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2011
Oh man things just got real, although I can't blame Hachiman for being so cynical. He's been hurt so much his whole life so it's really not surprising he'd want to avoid that, and sadly I can relate.
May 3, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2010
Loved the ending. He really has a point there, in a twisted way. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

May 3, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2012
cool episode :)
poor yui T^T
Hikki baka !!!
May 3, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2012
One of the best anime of the season :)
May 3, 2013 2:36 PM

Jun 2012
I liked the bar conversation, I diddnt understand it at first and was like oh when he said what it meant. Pretty sad towards the end but it was a good part as well.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

May 3, 2013 2:37 PM

Jan 2013
That last minute monologue.
May 3, 2013 2:45 PM

Feb 2011
YUKIPEDIA XD
May 3, 2013 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
Sad, because he is actually right at the end.That's why personally i think Yukino is an nice and interesting character.Shes not trying to be nice to everyone ''on purpose'' so they are happy and puke rainbows because of it, she is simply being honest and true with everything.Of course some of her words are really harsh, but yeah.Oh, and it's not that i dislike Yui...it's just that i understand Hikki's ''I hate nice girls''.
In overall it was an nice episode and im looking forward to more ^^
May 3, 2013 3:28 PM

May 2012
Loving this show, some of the character dialogue reminds me of Bakemonogatari.

Hachiman = MC of the season. I pretty sure most guys here can relate to him A LOT.
May 3, 2013 3:41 PM

Oct 2011
OMG that scene at the end with Hachiman and Yui TwT. Yui's ending song

“I hate nice girls.
Just exchanging greetings with them will get them on your mind.
Start texting each other, and your heart will be set a flutter.
If they call you, you’re done for.
Enjoy staring at your logs and grinning like a fool.
However, I won’t get fooled again.
That’s what your kind calls kindness.
If you’re nice to me, you’re also nice to others.
I always end up nearly forgetting that.
Reality is cruel, so I’m sure lies are a form of kindness.
Thus, I say kindness itself is also a lie.
I always ended up with these expectations.
And always ended up with these misunderstandings.
And before I knew it, I stopped hoping.
A highly-trained loner is once bitten, twice shy.
As a veteran on this battlefield of life,
I’ve gotten used to losing.
That’s why I’ll always…
hate nice girls.”
May 3, 2013 4:19 PM

Mar 2012
Damn what a sudden shocking drama..! With this eps, Hachiman's popularity must be rocketing high lol.. Judging by the preview, it looks like next eps Yui stop coming to the club.. Couldn't wait for next eps argh..!! Hope the translation project for the LN shall start soon..
Claude_KennyMay 3, 2013 4:30 PM
Keep moving forward
May 3, 2013 4:39 PM

Aug 2011
Hikki's monologue at the end of the episode was freaking deep. I feel you, bro!
May 3, 2013 4:44 PM

Nov 2012
Best episode of the series so far for me, really liked his monologue at the end. Could almost call it epic.

Liking this show the best of the current romance/comedies after this episode. Hope it can keep it up!
May 3, 2013 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
I like the new character
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
May 3, 2013 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
Sometimes someone being kind to you is more hurting than being jerk.
NeoAnkaraMay 3, 2013 5:25 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 3, 2013 5:25 PM

Feb 2008
iTsukiko said:
those last minutes,,
i felt like i just saw myself,

ugghh, almost cried xD
. . . .
trap

Dat Saika. HNNNNNG....

I actually found something that Saika said in this episode to be kind of funny. During the scene at the restaurant when Hikki's little sister was being introduced to everyone Saika said this:

In Japanese it was, "Boku...otoko no ko." The word for boy is written like this: 男の子 with the characters male (男) and child (子). However, there is a slang-ish writing "男の娘". They are both the same phonetically, but it uses the character for daughter (娘). This writing of "otoko no ko" basically means trap.

So, when Saika says "Boku... otoko no ko." It could be interpreted as him saying, "I'm a boy." or "I'm a trap." Which, I thought was funny because he is one. :p

May 3, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
The last few minutes were so emotional, great episode!
Nice people are nice to everyone, not just yourself, that's really a fact. I almost firget that.

He said he hated nice girls, so that means Yukino is good?? just saying
Looking forward to the next episode, but I have a feeling it won't be as good as this one.
Signature
May 3, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
xKirix said:
The last few minutes were so emotional, great episode!
Nice people are nice to everyone, not just yourself, that's really a fact. I almost firget that.

He said he hated nice girls, so that means Yukino is good?? just saying
Looking forward to the next episode, but I have a feeling it won't be as good as this one.

Well if they are able to top or equal that closing speech this show will almost certainly be the best of the season. I already think that monologue is going to be one of those memorable moments in anime history. Judging by the comments about how many people saw a bit of their personal history in Hachiman's words, I expect ratings for this show to rise rapidly. Crap..., I feel like I just watched Clannad Afterstory all over again.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 2010
im on hikki side, its pity, its so obvious, even in the way she looks at him, this whole 2nd part makes me remember of Welcome To The NHK, the feelings of Sato Tatsuhiro when he rejected Misaki contract...

Jul 2011
KazukiJurai said:

Jeez... just... fuck. MC of the season, case closed.

Thank you for the quotes, the ending was amazing!
May 3, 2013 6:15 PM

Aug 2011
Dat monologue. I CAN RELATE.
Yui ;__;
May 3, 2013 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
i'm liking Saki but i feel like those last few minutes overshadowed most of the episode shit was deep man!

as for Hiki i know the things the girls say to him are for humor and all but i'm amazed he hasn't just snapped some of their lines are pretty harsh lol.
May 3, 2013 7:21 PM
Mar 2009
Lol, was Komachi staring at Yui's boobs?

Yukino reminded me of Yozora when she went full, "Meow~" mode.

WOW. Shizuka got destroyed. Hahaha.

Dem maid outfits, dem formal dresses. Hell, even Hikki looked fresh although with his eyes, he looks like a Yakuza member.

Haha, Yukipedia.

So he found out and he's completely shut her out. That was so somber, did not expect that.
May 3, 2013 7:46 PM

Sep 2011
"I would always hold expectations
I would always misunderstand
At some point, i stopped hoping
An experienced loner never falls for the same trap twice"

That got to me, i can seriously relate to how he feels, eventually you just get fed up and like he said "stopped hoping"
May 3, 2013 8:49 PM
Oct 2012
Great Episode. I can really relate to this guys pain.
May 3, 2013 9:23 PM

Oct 2012
Poor Sensei, poor Hayato..
First Hikipedia, then Yukipedia..

A bit serious ep than others I guess..
Yui be strong! :(
Hachiman, just be wiser! Not every nice girl is a lie XD
"Signature removed"
May 3, 2013 10:00 PM

Feb 2012
I guess you gotta be a loner in order for that monologue to hit home on a personal level cause I felt nothing, I actually had to go back and watch it again so I could understand what he was trying to say.
May 3, 2013 10:09 PM

Apr 2013
VictorVonDoom said:
I guess you gotta be a loner in order for that monologue to hit home on a personal level cause I felt nothing, I actually had to go back and watch it again so I could understand what he was trying to say.
I'm not a loner, I'm actually a really social person, but I had bad experiences with girls that transcended what the MC said.
May 3, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't expect this anime to hit me this hard, damn Hiki DAT monologue was intense.
Nark0PunkMay 3, 2013 11:13 PM
May 3, 2013 10:33 PM
May 2013
This anime is funny when Hiki and Yukino start arguing. Also looks like next episode is going to be interesting.
May 3, 2013 10:39 PM

Aug 2008
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl."

I need to add that to my quotes on my philosophies on life.

awesome episode, definitely took a turn for the better.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 3, 2013 10:55 PM

May 2010
Why is this show so good? loved the new character.
May 3, 2013 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
you know what's the problem with people like the MC - these so called loners? it's that they fucking think that every bitch out there wants to fuck their brains out. if you're 'mistaken' by someone's kindness, then you better keep your dick in your pants cause not everybody wants to jump on that penor of yours. if all you want is a 'girlfriend' then 9/10 times you'll be 'mistaken' and 'misled'. so, no it's not yui's fault. it's the MC's fault and people who think like the MC. betas these days giving 'loners' a bad name. solitude is a choice, not some hole you dig up and crawl into. using 'loneliness' as an excuse to justify your shortcomings- give me a break. you spend time alone to get things done not because you wound up there. if you are alone not by choice, then there's something wrong with you, not the people around you. they seem to get along with others just fine, but why not you? hm.
KurogashiMay 4, 2013 12:10 AM
May 3, 2013 11:50 PM

Feb 2013
nice girl is full of trap...i agree with hachiman 100%....
May 3, 2013 11:52 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, "the zone" skill is useless against new girl, I like her design by the way..
It's fun that the volunteer club use their relationship with other characters to solve the problem, I hope to see the new girl again
May 4, 2013 12:05 AM

Aug 2011
guyklc said:
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl."
Deep.

Mr. Sparkles failed this time around. Saki is a tough opponent after all.
May 4, 2013 12:13 AM

Oct 2012
SasoriUzumaki said:
I always hate nice girls.

^This.

May 4, 2013 12:30 AM

Jul 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Sometimes someone being kind to you is more hurting than being jerk.

First thing that comes to my mind is Onani Master Kurosawa
May 4, 2013 12:31 AM
Dec 2011
I know what are Hikki's thoughts

He don't like if someone (especially nice girls) that being nice to you only because out of pity (or in this because he saved her dog), cause he got experience like that at some previous episode (the part where there's a girl that nice to him and he misunderstand it and he become laughing stock), and didn't want to experience something like that again
May 4, 2013 1:33 AM

Apr 2013
Kurogashi said:
you know what's the problem with people like the MC - these so called loners? it's that they fucking think that every bitch out there wants to fuck their brains out. if you're 'mistaken' by someone's kindness, then you better keep your dick in your pants cause not everybody wants to jump on that penor of yours. if all you want is a 'girlfriend' then 9/10 times you'll be 'mistaken' and 'misled'. so, no it's not yui's fault. it's the MC's fault and people who think like the MC. betas these days giving 'loners' a bad name. solitude is a choice, not some hole you dig up and crawl into. using 'loneliness' as an excuse to justify your shortcomings- give me a break. you spend time alone to get things done not because you wound up there. if you are alone not by choice, then there's something wrong with you, not the people around you. they seem to get along with others just fine, but why not you? hm.

Actually it is Yui's fault because she didnt make clear her intentions.
Hikki said from the first episode and made it even more obvious that if has a chance to get out of this club he will take it.He didnt ask for it,he doesnt want her around him.
When a girl suddenly looks up to you and act like she's doing you a service you belive it is out of pity.
We know she doesnt look for him out of pity.But he doesnt.
He didnt even said he wants a girlfriend,from where the heck you came to that conclusion?
First if its you that likes/loves a person like him then you are the one that must say that,it is wrong,very wrong to change someone so you want him to say he likes you....geez.
And,yes,there are alot of bitches out there thats why you must be twice as careful when you pick one,"once bitten,twice shy" does it ring a bell to you?
Basically what you said here is that "it is ok to be careful when you pick someone but it is wrong to be careful when it comes to Yui because I like Yui".
FluffyFleshMay 4, 2013 1:37 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 4, 2013 1:51 AM

Feb 2010
Well that was an interesting ending, lets hope they now focus on the main characters instead of just solving someone's problems each episode.
May 4, 2013 2:19 AM

Nov 2010
BloodyNightsky said:
Kurogashi said:

Actually it is Yui's fault because she didnt make clear her intentions.
Hikki said from the first episode and made it even more obvious that if has a chance to get out of this club he will take it.He didnt ask for it,he doesnt want her around him.
When a girl suddenly looks up to you and act like she's doing you a service you belive it is out of pity.
We know she doesnt look for him out of pity.But he doesnt.
He didnt even said he wants a girlfriend,from where the heck you came to that conclusion?
First if its you that likes/loves a person like him then you are the one that must say that,it is wrong,very wrong to change someone so you want him to say he likes you....geez.
And,yes,there are alot of bitches out there thats why you must be twice as careful when you pick one,"once bitten,twice shy" does it ring a bell to you?
Basically what you said here is that "it is ok to be careful when you pick someone but it is wrong to be careful when it comes to Yui because I like Yui".

By that logic, Yui should confess to Hikki at the first episode,when Hikki basically didn't know anything about her at all. Imagine if he asks Yui "Wait a minute,when did we even meet?" and Yui says "You're the one who save my dog."
That's far too unrealistic and by doing that Yui basically will be 1000% more Jerk in Hikki's eyes.

No one is wrong here. Getting closer with someone that you like is considered wrong now? What is the base of saying "Yui is trying to change Hikki"? Hikki has his own problem and that's normal, it's also not his fault. He just need to experience more difficulties in life to evolve into even a better character.

I agree that this is the time for Yukinon to start shining, though. Or actually,this is the time for every characters to shine.

Btw, I am getting a Minorin vibe in Yui,and that's a good thing for me and a bad thing for her (if you have seen Minorin's love life in Toradora)
May 4, 2013 2:38 AM

Feb 2010
Kurogashi said:

But the MC is alone by choice and he doesn't use it as a excuse to justify his shortcomings (at least in the present)
May 4, 2013 3:39 AM

Feb 2013
hikigaya is such a wise person
May 4, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
@zeroyuki92:: I commented on his post.I like Yui too,but her approache is very wrong and claiming that she's a victim is too lame to ignore the post.Loneliness isnt an excuse is a state of spirit,you suffocate yourself being with others around once you locked in yourself and only hate can burst out yourself if you dont have breathing space.Dont get me wrong Yui is adorable but it just doesnt fit with Hikki the way he is now,I liker her more than I like Yukino but my point is that if you really want to be nice to a person and not just being a nice person talk to him even more,invite him even more,ask him if he wants to this and that even if he turns you out it makes him be more thoughtful and even if he doesnt realize it he will feel better for an known reason for him.To just look out for him for anyone that can think a bit about it,it looks like,very to almost identical,you pity him.Her biggest mistake is that she just hangs around him instead of trying to do something with him.Hikki will fall for her if she tries that but thats the problem she just spectate,she just watch him like she's doing him a favor.
Being nice to a person is different from being a nice person.
FluffyFleshMay 4, 2013 4:00 AM
May 4, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
Btw, I am getting a Minorin vibe in Yui,and that's a good thing for me and a bad thing for her (if you have seen Minorin's love life in Toradora)

youmustbekidding...I hope not!
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.