Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2013 8:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Orders of magnitude better than Majestic Prince.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 12, 2013 8:52 PM

Sep 2010
Apr 12, 2013 9:04 PM
Jul 2012
I AM LOVING THIS ANIME, AND THIS SEASON! Am a huge mecha fan, and also I enjoy high school anime as its a little goofy, giving off comedy. Like the MC, and the mech with the action, I also am curious on that concept of no longer being a human, if so, WAS THIS REALLY MAN-MADE!?
Apr 12, 2013 9:11 PM
Jan 2012
skudoops said:

I'd imagine that was the case, those aren't aimed at the typical gundam audience. I didn't really mind the little fanservice until the teacher + the second in command girl in the ship. Their tits are way too large, it bring down the quality of the show.

If the fanservice is minimal, at best, I don't mind. However, at this point in time, I've had to endure several other shows, regardless of genre, that had interesting stories but annoying fanservices. So, I'm pretty use to it at this point. I just have to pretend I didn't see them.

Zegapain... RahXehpon... For those particular mecha anime, had to bare through all of them. Could've been worse. >__< Which reminds me, I should finish up Heroic Age one day. That had the least of stupid fanservice...

Irenesharda said:

And what's with those poor boys' names? They couldn't even get real German names, they're simply alphanumeric coded?

L-11, A-3, H-9, X-1, Q-4? No wonder they're all emo angry teens? I'd be mad too if someone kept calling me a name that sounds like a coordinate from the game Battleship!

I think that's it. They're all alphanumeric code names. Not normal names, or these kids would be considered more......human, per say? That's what I think. When you have a letter and a number as a name, that's pretty abnormal. It's like, you're no longer an individual but part of a system.

Since this has Nazi influence screaming everywhere, I think that's all intended....

Question though: Who is D-zero? Did L-11 call Haruto that, or was he thinking about someone else? And why "zero" anyway, when the German word for zero is "null"? Why suddenly the English?

I guess we'll find out more later.

That's definitely what I want to know too. I feel like L-11 knows something a bit more than all of his colleagues. He even went "out of bounds" to talk to Haruto.

(Far-fetched half joking theory: If the staff of Valvrave are big D.Gray-Man fans as they say they are in their interview, they would instantly connect Haruto's past to those white hair kids. Like, he was one of them. Something happened maybe 3 years ago and became human once more.... ..... L-11 = Road Kamelot!! ...... Yeaaahhh right... Actually, L=11 should be Kanda Yuu.)

As you said, we'll definitely find out more later.
BokuranokisekiApr 12, 2013 9:21 PM
Apr 12, 2013 9:27 PM

May 2012
lol, right when he was about to confess, i thought to myself wouldnt it be funny if she died? she died... it wasnt funny :(
looks like this is gonna be a pretty awesome anime... although it seemed a bit rushed at the start...
and lolwut? at the random fondling scene towards the end...
frequency15kApr 12, 2013 9:33 PM
Apr 12, 2013 9:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
tezann_t said:
With this many posts I'm guessing the comparison's already been made, but uh--isn't this Gundam Seed in another skin?...

The question is... isn't this just like any other Sunrise mecha series out there?

Lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 12, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
There should be a betting pool on whether or not Shoko is still alive... me, i say its a 55/45 no/yes

other than that... the show looks promising.
Apr 12, 2013 10:06 PM

Feb 2012
wakka9ca said:
The question is... isn't this just like any other Sunrise mecha series out there?

Lol.

I don't really find it all too similar. Just because it has superficially similar elements, doesn't mean it is going to have the same end result. Things can be more or less than a sum of their parts. This one happens to be of the latter kind. A prime example of a tryhard anime.

Also dropped, and would give it 2/10.
Apr 12, 2013 10:37 PM

May 2010
First episode was pretty awesome! Looks like the main character is immortal after being on that robot. I think a contract was signed after he pressed the "Yes" button making him immortal. Seriously, that ending though. Holy crap what happened to him!??!?

Another anime I'll be looking forward to this season. Put this anime into my 10+ other animes I'm gonna watch this season. O__O

Apr 12, 2013 11:38 PM
Oct 2010
cool. a vampire pilot. WUTTT
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 12, 2013 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
this ep reminds me of those older mecha shows
Apr 12, 2013 11:51 PM

Oct 2012
This feels so much like gundam. I kinda missed watching a gundam-like show. The action was great, and I quite like the art. And wow, the pink haired girl has a nice fortress.
Apr 13, 2013 12:34 AM

Dec 2011
This kind of does seem like Gundam-lite.
Him becoming an android was expected.
Apr 13, 2013 1:08 AM

Jun 2007
Wow they would kill off the only character I cared about.
Apr 13, 2013 1:09 AM

Apr 2010
livingdeadkat said:

Death flag activated.
Apr 13, 2013 1:45 AM

Oct 2012
Cool. I got annoyed by the music during the fights though.
The first half kinda bored me but the second half was Bad. ass.

4/5 way to go
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 13, 2013 2:09 AM

Dec 2007
First episode is full of "unnecessary" stuff combined with worst protagonist personality makes the show really hard to enjoy. By personality I mean the ones that are in the middle and swings to one side when something happens.

I'm sure most everyone wants to see a competent protagonist and not the non-level headed ones. This first episode is very much like gundam seed; however, the key difference was (for me) kira was competent while this guy couldn't even read the front panel for 3 minutes to push yes or no.
Apr 13, 2013 2:27 AM

Jul 2008
That's one hell of a stupid main character. Which is unfortunately the norm it seems.

If you're installing a program in your PC and the EULA/TOS pops up, the first thing you do is:
a) click on 'agree', whether or not you read it at all
b) smash your keyboard, keep moving your mouse, shout hysterically at the screen

Answer: B!!!
Apr 13, 2013 2:42 AM

Oct 2009
Shouko isn't anymore a main character watching the characters list in mal... :(

I really hope she isn't dead...
Apr 13, 2013 2:50 AM

Feb 2012
Looks pretty promising. Those kids are ruthless.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 13, 2013 2:56 AM

Nov 2007
lalomartins said:
“Like” buttons in forum posts, where are you.

shanimebib said:
Arcling said:
If Shoko is dead, why did she appear in opening. Also listed as one of the main characters here.

● Dead in the first episode.
● Listed as one of the main characters.
● Appears in the OP.
● Even appears in the ED.

Click at your own risk:

Aw~ Thanks!

Also, a MAL Mod is mad because of Shoko dying and thus removing her from the Main Characters in the anime description page, even though she is still listed as a main character according to sunrise inc.'s website for this anime. +1 for Mod power.

symbv said:
It makes sense for Shouko to stay dead because Haruto is also dead anyway. Perhaps Shouko can later be revived as some kind of undead, and then the two could start a race of undead....

Lol. That would be pretty meh. But I would rather take that she just managed to survive because if we look at the scene where the beam hit, it was in between where she was at and from where her friends were looking at her way, leading them to come to a conclusion that she is toasted.

I have seen mobile suits blowing up with the pilot inside deep in the outer space and still making a glorious comeback with just face scars and sometimes even unscratched.

This will be plain win if Haruto gave away being a human for nothing! ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2013 3:03 AM

Mar 2011
shanimebib said:
But I would rather take that she just managed to survive because if we look at the scene where the beam hit, it was in between where she was at and from where her friends were looking at her way, leading them to come to a conclusion that she is toasted.

I have seen mobile suits blowing up with the pilot inside deep in the outer space and still making a glorious comeback with just face scars and sometimes even unscratched.

Yeah that is my bet too. She's ok but then she'll be horrified by Haruto's changes and no-longer-human-ness, then she'll reject him or be afraid of him, adding yet more foil to his angst. Which... just because I predicted doesn't make it bad or uninteresting to watch :-) yeah I think I got tired of teen angst in the 80s (too much X-Men and New Titans), but I reckon the main theme of this series is what it means to be human after all, and that's interesting enough.
Apr 13, 2013 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
Well, since shanimebib mentions it already...Let's just hope this doesn't go the same way that other show have gone.
Apr 13, 2013 3:31 AM

Nov 2007
lalomartins said:
Yeah that is my bet too. She's ok but then she'll be horrified by Haruto's changes and no-longer-human-ness, then she'll reject him or be afraid of him, adding yet more foil to his angst. Which... just because I predicted doesn't make it bad or uninteresting to watch :-)

Assuming she is a virgin (even though I know, it is an embarrassment to be a virgin at the age of 16(!) according to some 200+ anime out there), there is always the chance of what symbv said.

#Hellsing Ultimate.

But his teeth are pretty human unlike vampires.

Must have hurt like crazy. This should be more emotionally damaging than physically hurting. I mean being bitten on the collarbone by a guy. I couldn't take it. It's okay to imagine L-elf will cease to be a man after experiencing this. :D

As for Shoko, I shall stick to thinking that she is dead for now. Gives this anime the spice I need to look forward to see her comeback.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2013 3:37 AM

Nov 2011
The later half of the episode is pretty epic. I reject my humanity! So that I can pilot a mecha.

Apr 13, 2013 4:15 AM
May 2012
THIS IS JUST UNEXPECTED FOR ME!! What the FUCK at the end where Haruto got killed & died thanks to that stupid asshole D'elf who killed him.

Until then, wait a minute, what is goin on?! Haruto is become a vampire now?!

Can't wait to see what happens next! And yes, SHOKO is dead! Hope she's not coming back soon I believe. *Sigh*

Anyway It's ashamed that Psycho Pass were ended last month & it's nothing left for me to watch.
Apr 13, 2013 4:58 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, this actually surprised me. I didn't expect it to be this good, and it seems to be leading to some interesting story. The characters were nice, the art was great, and the battle scene was pretty good as well! Sucks for the MC tho.. what happened kinda sucked :/ Shoko..
Apr 13, 2013 5:47 AM

Apr 2011
OMG at the epilogue.

I hope Shoko is alive. Oh well, there's the idol girl Rin to be the MC's new love interest anyway.
Apr 13, 2013 6:20 AM

Apr 2009
Oh dear, what was that?! xDDDD The last minutes ... I cried and laughed simultaneously.

I hope Shoko is dead. Sounds cruel, sorry, but the lovey-dovey shit right in the first episode SO got on my nerves. Bah.

I was so fascinated by the character design, that's the reason I looked forward to the first episode. But now I'm like ... hm. =/ Dunno what to think about that. Maybe the second episode changes my mind.
Apr 13, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2008
Yea thats what you get , you think you can just go and kill anybody you like and get away with it ? NO .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 13, 2013 7:14 AM

Jun 2012
Please tell me that Shoko didn't die ._.
I watched some screen of the episodes and then watched it because I loved how there was a romantic thing even with all these robots
Apr 13, 2013 7:45 AM

Apr 2011
A pretty awesome first episode.

I don't like Haruto so much, but maybe Iwill change my mind later on. L-Elf was more interesting to me even though he kills without second thoughts. And that ED!
Apr 13, 2013 8:15 AM

Mar 2011
Meykkei said:
Please tell me that Shoko didn't die ._.
I watched some screen of the episodes and then watched it because I loved how there was a romantic thing even with all these robots

Don't worry, it's a Sunrise mecha show, even if she remains dead (unlikely) there will still be romance aplenty.
Apr 13, 2013 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
OK, I watched this episode, liked it, read extensively on Japanese forums about fans' feedback there which pointed quite a few things to me, so I rewached this episode 2 more times and I realized there are quite a lot of information and hints planted in this first episode.

The following are a number of my random observations and speculations :

- Could the VA in VALVRAVE mean VAmpire?

- From the official website, there are five Valvrave. Are they just the different operation mode of one Valvrave? Or there are in fact altogether five? If there are five, who will pilot the other four? Will they also turn into vampires too?

- We saw quite a large number of classmates introduced, almost all got some speaking parts in this episode:
1. Friend of Shoko with droopy eyes
2. tiny girl with glasses
3. The taller guy who, together with the girl in glasses, was approached by the agent team of L-11. Earlier he said wanted to make money after he graduates
4. The delinquent looking chap with yellow air, who screamed at the sky when the school was hit
5. The boy with glasses who could tell the model of the attacking mecha
6. The former idol who avoided swimming lesson but seemed to know something about the MC operating the Valvrave
7. The girl who hid inside a shelter made of cardboard boxes, who broadcast the image of Valvrave starting up and then fighting the enemy
8. The handsome guy who did not think much of the eating contest at the beginning of the episode
9. The ojosama high class looking girl with curling yellow twin-tail who commented back after 8 made his comment
Now would some of these go on to pilot a Valvrave? 6 (Saki) definitely seems to be a key character, judging from how high she is ranked in the cast listing.
Also will we see more scenes of school life again, as the school seems to be heavily damaged?

- Shoko's fate. Some may think that she is indeed dead, but most fans seem to think she will survive. One possibility of course is drama as she lives to find out MC is no longer human. But the most popular speculations are 1) she is actually already a Valvrave pilot (meaning she already went through what the MC went through) 2) she is saved but because of whatever reason fell to the enemy. MC will have to fight to get her back, perhaps even have to fight her to get her back. This will fit very well with L-11's saying "If it is a girl you love, are you going to share her?" , and also the phone message the MC got earlier "If she is taken by somebody it will be too late" Anyway, most expect she will not reappear for quite a while yet, and her reappearance may be intended as a surprise in the plot.

- What is the meaning of vampire change: Did the MC suck blood because he needs to replenish his blood? Does it mean that operating Valvrave uses up some ingredients of the pilot's blood? When the pilot of the enemy mecha shouted "what is this (red) light?", is there any implied connection of it with blood? Does it mean the person will die if he does not get his blood?

- What is the effect of being bitten: From the OP (ED in this episode), we can be sure L-11 will not die from this attack. So what is the effect of being bitten? Will it create certain master-slave relationship like in some vampire story? Or some other kind of dependency for the bitten?

- When L-11 said he won after stabbing (and shooting) the MC, he said "Lieserotte". It sounds like a girl's name. Who is Lieserotte? In the OP we see two young girls who do not make any appearance in the episode, one with gold hair and one with silver hair. Is one of them Lieserotte? If the silver-haired one is Lieserotte, could she be L-11's younger sister as she has the same hair color?
Also, earlier L-11 got upset when he overheard the MC talk about better to share not to fight to win or lose. He got pretty tense when he told the MC that if you are pushed back you have to fight and not let go. I wonder if this has any link to the person Lieserotte too.

- At the beginning of the episode, we heard that the year when the story starts will also be called the first year of a galactic empire. So we can expect sea changes of the galaxy geopolitics scene. And who will be the emperor? Could it be the MC? If so, does it mean he will sacrifice a lot of things to reach that position, a la Code Geass?
symbvApr 13, 2013 9:38 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 13, 2013 8:47 AM
Aug 2012
symbv said:
OK, I watched this episode, liked it, read extensively on Japanese forums about fans' feedback there which pointed quite a few things to me, so I rewached this episode 2 more times and I realized there are quite a lot stuffed into this first episode.

The following are a number of my random observations and speculations :

- Could the VA in VALVRAVE mean VAmpire?

- From the official website, there are five Valvrave. Are they just the different operation mode of one Valvrave? Or there are in fact altogether five? If there are five, who will pilot the other four? Will they also turn into vampires too?

- We saw quite a large number of classmates introduced, almost all got some speaking parts in this episode:
1. Friend of Shoko with droopy eyes
2. tiny girl with glasses
3. The taller guy who, together with the girl in glasses, was approached by the agent team of L-11, who wanted to make money after he graduates
4. The delinquent looking chap with yellow air, who screamed at the sky when the school was hit
5. The boy with glasses who could tell the model of the attacking mecha
6. The former idol who avoided swimming lesson but seemed to know something about the MC operating the Valvrave
7. The girl who hid inside a shelter made of cardboard boxes, who broadcast the image of Valvrave starting up and then fighting the enemy
8. The handsome guy who did not think much of the eating contest at the beginning of the episode
9. The ojosams with curling twin-tail who commented back after 8 made his comment
Now would some of these go on to pilot a Valvrave? 6 (Saki) definitely seems to be a key character, judging from how high she is ranked in the cast listing.
Also will we see more scenes of school life again, as the school seems to be heavily damaged?

- Shoko's fate. Some may think that she is indeed dead, but most fans seem to think she will survive. One possibility of course is drama as she lives to find out MC is no longer human. But the most popular speculations are 1) she is actually already a Valvrave pilot (meaning she already went through what the MC went through) 2) she is saved but because of whatever reason fell to the enemy. MC will have to fight to get her back, perhaps even have to fight her to get her back. This will fit very well with L-11's saying "If it is a girl you love, are you going to share her?" Anyway, most expect she will not reappear for quite a while yet, and her reappearance may be intended as a surprise in the plot.

- What is the meaning of vampire change: Did the MC suck blood because he needs to replenish his blood? Does it mean that operating Valvrave uses up some ingredients of the pilot's blood? When the pilot of the enemy mecha shouted "what is this (red) light?", is there any implied connection of it with blood? Does it mean the person will die if he does not get his blood?

- What is the effect of being bitten: From the OP (ED in this episode), we can be sure L-11 will not die from this attack. So what is the effect of being bitten? Will it create certain master-slave relationship like in some vampire story? Or some other kind of dependency for the bitten?

- When L-11 said he won after stabbing (and shooting) the MC, he said "Lieserotte". It sounds like a girl's name. Who is Lieserotte? In the OP we see two young girls who do not make any appearance in the episode, one with gold hair and one with silver hair. Is one of them Lieserotte? If the silver-haired one is Lieserotte, could she be L-11's younger sister as she has the same hair color?

- At the beginning of the episode, we heard that the year when the story starts will also be called the first year of a galactic empire. So we can expect sea changes of the galaxy geopolitics scene. And who will be the emperor? Could it be the MC? If so, does it mean he will sacrifice a lot of things to reach that position, a la Code Geass?

Now this is what a real discussion is supposed to be like.

- As for the name, it's quite a possibility to become VAmpire.

- I am guessing they are separate mechs as they have different designs and arsenals. Btw is Saki the girl who appears alongside Shoko in the opening? She is one who revealed the mc's name after the battle. 4,5 & 8 are possible candidates in my opinion.

- Shoko being a valvrave pilot seems interesting but no. 2 seems more of a possible outcome. It will add romance and drama and also help the mc's development.

- The mech turned red when it interfaced with the MC. I think alongside injecting something into the MC, it also used some of his blood. It could be a possibility. But i think rather than dying, it would exhaust them meaning they won't be able operate the mechs for extended period of time. Also the MC looked quite weak when he got out but that could also be caused by the shock of losing Shoko.

- I think L-11 said D-Zero which seems like a codename similar to them. So it's a possibility that he knew the MC beforehand and held some kind of grudge judging from his actions.We will just have to wait for the next episodes.

I just wish more people would focus on these rather than whining and complaining.

Apr 13, 2013 8:54 AM

Mar 2012
@symbv: I like the idea of VAmpire. You may just be right. As for something else:

symbv said:

I assumed from the OP that L-Elf's 'possy' of those 4 other people would be piloting the others. I'm thinking that L-Elf himself was supposed to get the red Valvrave, but due to the unforeseen circumstances, Haruto claimed it. Not sure why L-Elf needs it, maybe it has to do with the codenames and such.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I just wish more people would focus on these rather than whining and complaining.

Agreed.
Apr 13, 2013 9:03 AM
Aug 2012
@Chxistine: I have to disagree on a little bit there. L-11 and his group of psychos pilot different suits judging by the op including a huge mobile armor. Also there are six of them including L-11. So i am betting on the MC's friends piloting the Valvraves rather than them. Well that's what i think anyway.

Apr 13, 2013 9:05 AM

Sep 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Now this is what a real discussion is supposed to be like.
Thank you. So far I have watched >25 shows this season and Valvrave has got more details in its ep.1 than other shows, including Majestic Prince and Gargantia. Not saying whether this is good or bad, but this indeed prompted me to look closer.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

- I am guessing they are separate mechs as they have different designs and arsenals. Btw is Saki the girl who appears alongside Shoko in the opening? She is one who revealed the mc's name after the battle. 4,5 & 8 are possible candidates in my opinion.
I also think separate mecha is more likely. Yes, Saki is the girl with long hair who always plays with her phone. She is definitely going to play a very major role, judging from the ranking in the cast and her appearance in the OP (ED in this episode). Your choices of possible candidates look sensible, although 5 (the guy who knows mecha model inside out) could also become a mechanic or researcher. I also think 3 could be a candidate too.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
- Shoko being a valvrave pilot seems interesting but no. 2 seems more of a possible outcome. It will add romance and drama and also help the mc's development.
I also think 2 is more likely than 1. Lots of romance and drama are to be expected if 2 should happen, particularly if the MC has to fight her.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
- I think L-11 said D-Zero which seems like a codename similar to them. So it's a possibility that he knew the MC beforehand and held some kind of grudge judging from his actions.We will just have to wait for the next episodes.
I wonder what the English sub said about that part. Anyway, as I watched the episode 3 times, I am quite sure that L-11 did not say D-Zero but Lieserotte. And Lieserotte is a valid German female name (I've just checked, which also led me to find out that one character in "11 eyes" is also named Lieserotte) and we know names in the enemy state all derive their names from German. What I got from his words is that he wanted to prove to this Lieserotte something about him and the implication is that he has had some long history with this Lieserotte.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 13, 2013 9:11 AM
Aug 2012
@symbv: Well it said D-Zero in the English subs so i was basing my opinion on that. But those 2 have some long history that's for sure. I don't have much knowledge on German so can't say anything about it. Btw no. 3 doesn't really look pilot material to me for some reason.......too normal i guess.

Apr 13, 2013 9:26 AM

Sep 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

people likes to criticize out of ignorance
especially in the 1st god damn episode
Brigs77Apr 13, 2013 9:32 AM
Apr 13, 2013 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
@symbv: Well it said D-Zero in the English subs so i was basing my opinion on that. But those 2 have some long history that's for sure.
I have just quickly skimmed through this episode again, this time with the English sub.

I do not get how the subtitle got D-Zero because to me L-11 said Lieserotte quite clearly. But then my knowledge of German is limited so I could still get it wrong.

But watching it for the 4th time got me to see some more things. Remember L-11 got upset when he overheard the MC talk about better to share not to fight to win or lose? He got pretty tense when he told the MC that if you are pushed back you have to fight and not let go. I wonder if this has any link to the person Lieserotte he mentioned later.

And a few more things:

Hints of the MC had to fight to get Shoko back. Not only we have L-11 asked the MC if he could share the girl he loves, but earlier the MC got a phone message saying it would be too late if someone got Shoko first. Now all these could indicate something like a triangle relationship, but it also can be a hint about Shoko being taken by somebody and the MC has to fight to get her back.

Some "evidence" that fans in Japan use to speculate Shoko may already be a pilot/vampire is funny: They said since Shoko wears a T-shirt about beef and meat and she shows preference for meat as she said she loves the ham more than the egg in a ham-and-egg dish, she must love blood too LOL
symbvApr 13, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 13, 2013 9:57 AM
Aug 2012
symbv said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
@symbv: Well it said D-Zero in the English subs so i was basing my opinion on that. But those 2 have some long history that's for sure.
I have just quickly skimmed through this episode again, this time with the English sub.

I do not get how the subtitle got D-Zero because to me L-11 said Lieserotte quite clearly. But then my knowledge of German is limited so I could still get it wrong.

But watching it for the 4th time got me to see some more things. Remember L-11 got upset when he overheard the MC talk about better to share not to fight to win or lose? He got pretty tense when he told the MC that if you are pushed back you have to fight and not let go. I wonder if this has any link to the person Lieserotte he mentioned later.

And a few more things:

Hints of the MC had to fight to get Shoko back. Not only we have L-11 asked the MC if he could share the girl he loves, but earlier the MC got a phone message saying it would be too late if someone got Shoko first. Now all these could indicate something like a triangle relationship, but it also can be a hint about Shoko being taken by somebody and the MC has to fight to get her back.

Some "evidence" that fans in Japan use to speculate Shoko may already be a pilot/vampire is funny: They said since Shoko wears a T-shirt about beef and meat and she shows preference for meat as she said she loves the ham more than the egg in a ham-and-egg dish, she must love blood too LOL

Yeah i noticed those things too. L-11 definitely has some history with the MC but i think i will wait patiently for them to reveal it.

About the love triangle..........from the opening i think it gonna be MC, Shoko and Saki. They must be important to the the plot or they wouldn't have shown them like that.

But seriously they give those evidences for Shoko being a valvrave pilot.............we now have to notice what t-shirt each person wears now? Like you said it's funny but i am not buying it.

Btw seeing the opening several times i am thinking the green-haired girl could be the pilot for the pink Valvrave (judging by her clothes). Well the style and colors of Valvrave and Majestic Prince reminds me of Power Rangers in a way. So it could just be a dumb speculation on my part.

Apr 13, 2013 10:10 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Btw seeing the opening several times i am thinking the green-haired girl could be the pilot for the pink Valvrave (judging by her clothes). Well the style and colors of Valvrave and Majestic Prince reminds me of Power Rangers in a way. So it could just be a dumb speculation on my part.

No actually Majesty Prince specifically made references to super sentai (i.e. power rangers).
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 13, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2012
Just on a side note from someone who speaks German, it's Lieselotte (or Liselotte, whichever one you prefer), not Lieserotte.
.................................................................................
Apr 13, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Romedbaumann said:
Just on a side note from someone who speaks German, it's Lieselotte, not Lieserotte.
Cool, I guess I got the L/R condition from listening to too much Japanese these days ;-)

So do you agree that L-11 said "Lieselotte" not "D-Zero" after he stabbed and shot the MC?

Apr 13, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 2008
The 'baddies' just did a Nice Job Breaking It, Herod. LOL
Apr 13, 2013 10:51 AM

Jul 2012
Yes, just kill the character i have just fall in love with...damn...
And that last scene... I hope he doesn't shine in the sun.
Apr 13, 2013 11:03 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:
Romedbaumann said:
Just on a side note from someone who speaks German, it's Lieselotte, not Lieserotte.
Cool, I guess I got the L/R condition from listening to too much Japanese these days ;-)

So do you agree that L-11 said "Lieselotte" not "D-Zero" after he stabbed and shot the MC?

I do.
.................................................................................
Apr 13, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2011
>Implying it's not AOTY solely because of SPACE VAMPIRES.
Apr 13, 2013 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
They killed off Asami Seto's character in the first episode right off the bat...I am disappoint >:(
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

677 by Catalano »»
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.