Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2013 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
I was looking forward to this for a LONG time, and I'm actually really happy and satisfied with the first episode. I'm definitely looking forward to how the main character changes and all those battles with the titans.
Apr 7, 2013 8:36 PM

Nov 2009
UtsukushiiYume said:
Edefrem said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Meh, I agree that sometimes he's annoying as hell, but u gonna like him later on. The only thing that I hate about him is his voice(and probably his seiyuu) though.

Everyone just hates Yuuki Kaji, don't they.

Nah, majority of the Kaji-bitching is on MAL. Personally, he's one of my favourites.

There must be a reason why u like him, and I pretty much predict what that is when I saw your avatar.
Pusswookie said:
Sure am happy that I've seen none of Yuuki Kaiji's other voice acting work, because I have no precedents to hate him for. What else has he been in that could cause such vitriol?

if u watched Accel World, Guilty Crown, Aqua Evol, Zetsuen no Tempest, Magi, u gonna hear the same voice whining and screaming again and again. I'm just tired with his voice.
Takana_no_HanaApr 7, 2013 8:41 PM
Apr 7, 2013 8:38 PM
Dec 2012
Nicely done. Seeing the fist three mins, I hoped it was not turning into a comedy after the OP. Glad it kept the tension till the end. The plot is original and interesting. So is character design: unique yet not eccentric. I appreciate it.

I laughed at Hannes when he changed his mind to give up fighting against a giant. It was comical yet convincing and realistic. Somehow I felt Hyougemono vibe. Same goes with their mother. She told them to run away, but when they actually left, she regretted it. It felt very realistic. I liked these moments.

Seems like it's one of most promising anime in this season. Good season so far. Hope they keep it up.
eminagnamApr 7, 2013 8:57 PM
Apr 7, 2013 8:39 PM

Sep 2012
I`m predicting the future............

This anime will go downhill, too much gore and almost the same as Blood-C (worst anime of 2011)
Apr 7, 2013 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
ElfinMint said:
I`m predicting the future............

This anime will go downhill, too much gore and almost the same as Blood-C (worst anime of 2011)

The gore never gets so senseless or contrived as Blood-C. And hell, even if it somehow did go down that route, I'd still watch it for comedic purposes.

Win/Win.
Apr 7, 2013 8:47 PM

Oct 2012
Don't really have a lot of words to describe this first episode.

Epic as all hell.
Apr 7, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
I like it. Been holding off reading the manga for a while now and will continue to do so since I don't want to spoil myself.
Apr 7, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2011
Pretty nice explosive start to this anime.
But we'll see if they keep it up.
Apr 7, 2013 8:57 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty nice so far! but it really sparked my curiousity regarding where that big a&$%^ Titan came from and what caused that Lightning. Summoned by God himself? or came from the depths of hell?

And to Hannes.... Good choice! seeing dat face... i would've done the same! LOL... (That Titan Face is scarier than Sadako coming out of my T.V. Screen at midnight inside my room located in the middle of nowhere with the lights turned off wtf!)
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Apr 7, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2009
Great adaptation so far. Been reading the manga since 2011... good times :)
Apr 7, 2013 9:07 PM

Nov 2007
WOOOWWWW. This was amazing...

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 7, 2013 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
great start, kinda reminds me of Shinsekai Yori
will keep watching
Apr 7, 2013 9:27 PM
Jul 2012
We are off to a good start. I like the characters so far, and the ost is great. The episode played out how you would expect a "hero's journey" type of thing to start out.

I really like how this is a medieval fantasy story with zero Tolkien influence, and an almost Lovecraftian feel to it. *deep break* ah, like a breath of fresh air.

I can see that myanimelist still has users that compare anime to each other if the protagonists so much as have the same hair cut. High school of the dead? Gurren Laggan? Sword Art Online? Samurai 7? FMA? Hellsing? Really?

Why don't you trow in Bible Black, K-on, One Piece, Spice and Wolf and Bleach while you guys are on it.
OneWhoReadsBooksApr 7, 2013 9:30 PM
Apr 7, 2013 9:50 PM

Apr 2013
Pusswookie said:
Sure am happy that I've seen none of Yuuki Kaiji's other voice acting work, because I have no precedents to hate him for. What else has he been in that could cause such vitriol?

Guilty Crown is what I know him for, but I have nothing against his voice.. I enjoy it.
Apr 7, 2013 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
Everything is visually appealing (from the colors, landscape, and chara designs) and the action, man. The adrenaline feel to it accompanied by superb bg music and sfx. Really, pretty good and that's spring season for you.
Apr 7, 2013 10:01 PM

Dec 2009
Epic episode! I really felt for Eren seeing his own mother getting eaten like that by the titan. It's been only one episode but you could already feel the tension and the emotion for these characters. Brutal stuff.

But far out, Production I.G is hitting it this season. Suisei no Gargantia, awesome first ep, now Shingeki no Kyojin as well. Their doing it right so far.
Apr 7, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2013
I was really shocked when I saw the biggest Titan with red hand and face, it's creepy eue and when a Titan ate Eren's mother and I was like... "Oh my God.". By the way I feel sad for Eren's mother...

It's a really good anime though, I'm looking forward for it's second episode
murasacchibaraApr 7, 2013 10:26 PM
Apr 7, 2013 10:46 PM

Feb 2012
This was rather awesome. I really like the art, the character design kinda reminds me of Kaiji (the thick lines and stuff). The soundtrack is good too. Will continue watching for sure.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 7, 2013 11:54 PM

Jul 2011
Why didn't the humans just live underground?

Why didn't the Titans just Pole vault over the wall?

Why didn't the humans put banana peels on the ground to trip the Titans, then kill them?

Why didn't the Titans try to negotiate with the humans?
Apr 7, 2013 11:58 PM

Jul 2012
AttackoftheFrodo said:

Why didn't the humans put banana peels on the ground to trip the Titans, then kill them?

Don't wanna spoil anything, so just keep watching. There should be an episode going into depth about the titans. Well everything except the first will get answered. As for the first, they had no time, running from the titans all the time. What about the walls? Keep watching. :)
Apr 7, 2013 11:59 PM
Jul 2010
AttackoftheFrodo said:

Because given a choice, most would probably choose to live aboveground unless its not save aboveground

Because those titans are idiots meaning they don`t have any intelligence, just think of them as zombies

*you are just making a joke i presume?*

They don`t talk and communicate....they just grab you and put you in their mouth
Apr 8, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2013
AttackoftheFrodo said:

1st question seems doubtful... it can be done

but the other 3 questions are highly unlikely since the titans don't have what you call intellect (for now :P) and I doubt dem titans will slip with small pieces of banana peel. I even doubt the humans have enough banana in their times XD
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 8, 2013 12:03 AM

Jan 2013
The dad is a doctor, secret basement, unnatural titans .... SOMETHING IS FISHY FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD
Apr 8, 2013 12:24 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AttackoftheFrodo said:

I actually had the same question as you when I first read the manga, but thinking about it, I it's pretty obvious why they don't live underground. With their current technology, which isn't much, they can't live underground because they need to grow food, which needs sunlight, thus they live above. Well maybe there are better explanations out there, but I believe this hasn't been talked about in the manga so far, and I don't think it will be either.
Apr 8, 2013 1:05 AM

May 2012
This is the best 1st episode of the year. It deserve noting lest than 5/5

Hope later episodes are good.
Apr 8, 2013 1:05 AM
Jul 2010
In regards to the existence of titan....i`m gonna put my thoughts on the spoilers so for those who don`t follow the manga, kindly don`t view it.

Apr 8, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
DAT BUDGET
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 8, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2012
Woah.. that was an incredible first episode!! I don't read the manga, but now I think I will.
Apr 8, 2013 1:36 AM
Oct 2011
Pusswookie said:
I thought people hated him because he's in literally every goddamn anime anymore, using the exact same voice for every character.
Apr 8, 2013 1:36 AM

Sep 2010
I laughed when the bullies were like "lol it's eren, we gon beat his ass... OH SHIT MIKASA'S WITH HIM! RUN!"
Apr 8, 2013 1:40 AM
Mar 2008
How did the humans manage to build those huge walls while on the run from the titans?
Apr 8, 2013 1:48 AM

Apr 2013
livingdeadkat said:
I laughed when the bullies were like "lol it's eren, we gon beat his ass... OH SHIT MIKASA'S WITH HIM! RUN!"

Lol that was funny. Mikasa's face was awesome at that part. :)
Apr 8, 2013 1:50 AM

Apr 2013
This episode kept me hooked on the whole time. I'm telling you, those titans are seriously freaky. And the OST music? That was amazing.
Apr 8, 2013 2:08 AM

Mar 2010
Not bad... but not great either. I felt like they were trying to make the opening look epic way too hard and the episode itself wouldn't be over average without such a budget. We'll see how it continues but the only thing I can really compliment on so far is their extreme trying to make it epic. Which I hope won't turn to be a bad thing later.
Apr 8, 2013 2:09 AM
Nov 2012
draker said:
How did the humans manage to build those huge walls while on the run from the titans?

the answer is in the manga

you wil be very very very shocked lol
Apr 8, 2013 2:16 AM

Aug 2011
This really did surpass all my expectations, which doesn't really happen often for something I had already anticipated to be good.
Apr 8, 2013 2:31 AM

Oct 2012
Good OP
Good start
Good flow
Nice action
My feels
Dem Titan asses.
Fantastic Art

Best first ep of this season. No contest
500000000/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 8, 2013 2:43 AM

Aug 2012
Oh. My. God. This was brilliant. I hadn't felt so much impatience to watch a next episode for a long time. This show's promising as hell. It made me thrill.
Btw does someone know how old are the main characters?
Apr 8, 2013 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
thepath said:

Nope, it will go downhill.
Apr 8, 2013 2:46 AM

Apr 2009
ElfinMint said:
thepath said:

Nope, it will go downhill.

Show me your ways, oh prophetic wizard who hasn't even read the manga.
Apr 8, 2013 2:47 AM

Jun 2011
Seems like a run of the mill shounen to me so far. Let's see how it goes.
Apr 8, 2013 2:50 AM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:

Do you remember Guilty Crown was a very good anime in the beginning? it went downhill and that anime is overrated.

Do you remember Sword Art Online was a very good anime in the beginning? it went downhill and that anime is super overrated mainstream like Naruto.

i`m guessing Shingeki no Kyojin will be like this and very overrated.
if my predictions were true then i will laugh to all of you people.
I`m watching this anime to make fun of it and laugh to those suffering characters.

I promise myself not to drop it also i rate this as 4/10.
Apr 8, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
Guilty Crown was always an original anime, so we didn't have any idea what was going to happen. Sword Art Online's light novel was always shit, so no surprises there.

Shingeki no Kyojin's manga stays pretty damn good throughout.
Apr 8, 2013 2:57 AM

Oct 2011
With the amount of hype this is recieving and the fact that it is already ranked #23 on MAL, I can't help but feel disappointed by this first episode. Now before I get attacked by a bunch of people (which will happen anyways since no one will read past the point where I said I was disappointed) let me put it into context.

I AM NOT SAYING THE FIRST EPISODE WAS BAD! In fact. I thought it was a great introductory episode. However, in comparison to the ridiculous amount of hype this show is getting and the already extremely high ratings, it did not live up to the standards people are trying to set for it. The first episode was well done and a solid start, but was it mind blowingly spectactular to the point of justifying it's rating? For me, no it wasn't.

I'm not trying to start any arguements even though I know this will rile up the emotions of some people considering the already large fanbase of this series between new anime watchers and people who have read the manga. It had a great first episode, yes, I am not denying that. However, I think people are jumping the gun when it comes to the way they hype up the series as the next big thing. I just think recently people have been jumping on bandwagons a little too quickly with any new series that has come out with a little bit of hype and popularity going into its debut.
Apr 8, 2013 3:01 AM

Nov 2009
ElfinMint said:
Amarrez said:

Do you remember Guilty Crown was a very good anime in the beginning? it went downhill and that anime is overrated.

Do you remember Sword Art Online was a very good anime in the beginning? it went downhill and that anime is super overrated mainstream like Naruto.

I`m watching this anime to make fun of it and laugh to those suffering characters.

Did u forget that Guilty Crown is an ORIGINAL anime? Meanwhile Shingeki is based on manga and I really enjoy reading through its story.
One more thing, this is Production I.G(W.I.T Studio) not A-1, so I believe it will only get better like Kuroko no Basket.
Oh well, if your prediction is wrong(obviously it will be wrong), we will be laughing at you.
Oh wait, as long as the anime is good, who gives a f*k on what u think
Takana_no_HanaApr 8, 2013 3:10 AM
Apr 8, 2013 3:07 AM
Jul 2010
ElfinMint said:
Amarrez said:

I think you should stick to MOE anime and not mainstream anime...
Apr 8, 2013 3:10 AM

Jul 2009
finaly its here <3
Apr 8, 2013 3:21 AM
Dec 2012
richardtengcy said:
ElfinMint said:
Amarrez said:

I think you should stick to MOE anime and not mainstream anime...

Ignore her, she's just a troll *looks at favourite anime* LOLwut!? Boku no Pico xD
Apr 8, 2013 3:31 AM
Oct 2011
ElfinMint said:
Do you remember Guilty Crown was a very good anime in the beginning?

Do you remember Sword Art Online was a very good anime in the beginning?
Nope, I sure don't remember those being "very good" at all.
Apr 8, 2013 3:40 AM

Dec 2012
fearthebeard85 said:
The first episode was well done and a solid start, but was it mind blowingly spectactular to the point of justifying it's rating? For me, no it wasn't.

Actually, it does. I think this is the best possible opening an anime can get, so the hype as well as the rating is justified.

fearthebeard85 said:
However, I think people are jumping the gun when it comes to the way they hype up the series as the next big thing. I just think recently people have been jumping on bandwagons a little too quickly with any new series that has come out with a little bit of hype and popularity going into its debut.

I do share your concern on this. In fact, fans of the anime & manga should concern as well. Most popular anime suffer from over-hyped, which set the bar too high for their own good. The most recent one is Psycho-Pass, which dropped a bit on ratings after the ending. SAO and GC are the more distant examples and we all know how well those two went. Shingeki is also risking a lot since the manga is still on-going. Cliff-hanger ending, or worse, an original one, is already warrant some backlashes from people.

That being said, at least for me, I predict that this one will not fail people's expectations. Here is what I wrote on the other thread:

ThangLong said:
I rated this show 9 right off the bat.

Some people wait for a couple episode to rate, others rate after finish watching the ending. I do the same most of the time.

However there are shows, like this one or Psycho-Pass, that are full of potentials starting from ep 1, and deserve to be scored base on those potentials alone.

I have not read the manga, but so far, Shingeki no Kyojin has everything: immersed medieval lore, adrenaline rush actions, well-crafted characters, good pacing, good music, and tear-jerking tragedy. Most importantly, it is a manga adaption, not some original work that risks being f up later on *looking at Guilty Crown*

I always trust my intuition on an anime. The score now is 9 and I can't imagine it will go down any time soon.
ThangLongApr 8, 2013 4:13 AM
Pages (32) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.