Forum Settings
Forums

Winners of the 2013 Tokyo Anime Awards Announced

New
Mar 24, 2013 2:18 AM

Sep 2012
The winners of the Tokyo Anime Award have been announced for 2013.

Animation of the Year
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki

Television Category
Sword Art Online
Kuroko no Basket

Feature Film Category

Individual Awards
Best Director: Mamoru Hosoda (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)
Best Original Story: Reki Kawahara (Sword Art Online)
Best Screenplay: Satoko Okudera, Mamoru Hosoda (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)
Best Art Direction: Kouji Oono (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, Momo e no Tegami)
Best Character Designer: Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)
Best Voice Actor: Yuuki Kaji (Aquarion EVOL, Accel World)
Best Music: Youko Kanno (Sakamichi no Apollon, Aquarion EVOL)

Source: Anime!Anime!

Previous Year
myanimelistllcMar 13, 2016 7:01 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2013 2:21 AM

Apr 2011
inb4 SAO haters. Well, congratulations to the winners. Ookami Kodomo doing well is nice to see.
Mar 24, 2013 2:22 AM

Jan 2012
>Kuroko no basket
Didn't expect to laugh that hard this early in the morning. Also, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki seems horribly overrated, but well, majority apparently has a different view on that.
Mar 24, 2013 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
So boring
Mar 24, 2013 2:29 AM

Nov 2012
overrated isn't an objective term, you can't really say that a majority proves it otherwise.
However, apart from SAO, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki being popular is good to see.
Mar 24, 2013 2:31 AM

Dec 2007
Congrats to the winners! I like Kuroko no Basket, but I don't think it's the best. But after those threats it's a way of saying "in your face!"

And SAO haters are gonna rage! This should be a good entertainment! : P
Mar 24, 2013 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
I haven't seen Wolf children yet so I have no comment on that.

Congrats to Kuroko.
Mar 24, 2013 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
Aw, wanted Yuki Kajiura to win for music, 2012 she did Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online which were both incredible and not to mention all of her music is
Mar 24, 2013 2:35 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
Best Voice Actor
Yuuki Kaji (Aquarion EVOL, Accel World)
Congratulation. He voiced Issei my fav.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 24, 2013 2:38 AM

Feb 2012
lol SAO~

And I thought Kaji Yuuki was hated around here? Good to see him up there though.
Mar 24, 2013 2:41 AM

Feb 2011
All of these awards really serve no purpose. I think they're all just biased anyway.
Mar 24, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2011
This is a joke right?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 24, 2013 2:50 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Here are the lists of the winners:

Award Winners: Anime Works

Television Category
Sword Art Online
Kuroko no Basket

Award Winners: Individual

Best Voice Actor

Best Music
Youko Kanno (Sakamichi no Apollon, Aquarion EVOL)

I enjoyed SAO, but... Kurobasu?

Nice KajiKaji (and Kanno-san, but I would like Kajiura-sensei to be awarded like the following person said).
Vandalysm said:
Aw, wanted Yuki Kajiura to win for music, 2012 she did Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online which were both incredible and not to mention all of her music is

HauntingShock said:
And I thought Kaji Yuuki was hated around here? Good to see him up there though.

I didn't know about that, really?
tsubasaloverMar 24, 2013 2:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 24, 2013 3:08 AM

Jan 2009
HauntingShock said:
And I thought Kaji Yuuki was hated around here?

LOL do you think sites like MAL have influence on the preference of Japanese viewers? just remember Anime is supported (like financially) mainly by Japanese people
Mar 24, 2013 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
Congrats again to Wolf Children. Well deserved though many other great works have been missed as well.
Mar 24, 2013 3:12 AM

Apr 2011
Btw, do films of currently airing series not count? I would've thought Film Z would've won the Feature Film award, seeing how it broke records.
Mar 24, 2013 3:12 AM

Oct 2008
LMFAO sword art online and SHOE??!??!
what terrible awards. luckily partially redeemed with yoko kanno being awarded
Mar 24, 2013 3:15 AM
Mar 2010
SAO? Hmmm.
KuroBas? As much as I love this anime, there are others which deserved the spot instead.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 24, 2013 3:15 AM

Oct 2008
Vandalysm said:

the difference is while yuki kajiura's soundtracks are good, they have a distinct lack of variety. yoko kanno's soundtracks, meanwhile, are the most diverse in the medium and she is also probably the most talented composer. kajiura deserves recognition, but any year kanno is active is probably a year she should win an award like this
simo000Mar 24, 2013 3:20 AM
Mar 24, 2013 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Congrats Winners.
Really happy to see Sword Art Online& Kuroko no Basket on that list. :) Both Great Series.

Haters Gonna Hate.
Mar 24, 2013 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
BigSimo said:
Vandalysm said:

the difference is while yuki kajiura's soundtracks are good, they have a distinct lack of variety. yoko kanno's soundtracks, meanwhile, are the most diverse in the medium and she is also probably the most talented composer. kajiura deserves recognition, but any year kanno is active is probably a year she should win an award like this

True, apart from Cowboy Bebop I haven't heard any of the music she did for an anime series so I can't really judge. Kajiura's music pretty much consists of choirs and orchestal music so yeah she doesn't really have much variety. Guess Yoko really does deserve the award
Mar 24, 2013 3:31 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
The 12th Tokyo Anime Award winners were announced today at the Tokyo International Anime Fair.

Here are the lists of the winners:

Animation of the Year

Television Category
Sword Art Online

Feature Film Category

Best Director
Mamoru Hosoda (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)

Best Original Story
Reki Kawahara (Sword Art Online)

Best Screenplay
Satoko Okudera, Mamoru Hosoda (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)

Best Art Direction
Kouji Oono (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, Momo e no Tegami)

Best Character Designer
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)

Best Voice Actor

Source: Anime!Anime!

Only ones associated with anime i'm seen before. Congrats for all these awards!
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 24, 2013 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
symbv said:
Best Original Story

Wtf?

What about this man?

Mar 24, 2013 3:56 AM

Apr 2009
Well, since this poll is based on popularity in the industry on a part and SAO, KuroBas, Wolf Children and Yuuki Kaji were rather popular last year this is no suprise.

However, from a quality point of view this is terrible for the most part. I mean, I liked Wolf Children but it is overrated around here. Not to mention SAO, featuring writing so bad it equals Twilight.
Kanno getting the composer's price is the only redeeming factor here.
NidhoeggrMar 24, 2013 4:02 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 24, 2013 4:01 AM

Mar 2011
GG to SAO and KuroBas.
Mar 24, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2011
Congrats to the winners.

Great to see the composer of Sakamichi no Apollon there.I really enjoyed the music of the anime.
Mar 24, 2013 4:39 AM

May 2011
Congrats for KajiKaji and Kuroko no Baske. They deserve it.
Mar 24, 2013 4:54 AM

Mar 2011
nothing interesting.
everything went as expected.

Mar 24, 2013 5:00 AM

Jun 2010
symbv said:

Television Category
Sword Art Online
Kuroko no Basket

Kuroko no basket winning an award is understandable with that epic adaptation but wtf, SAO? With that shitty A-1 adaptation? Holy fuck.

symbv said:

Best Original Story

So happy for him. He deserves more awards with his works ( SAO and AW)

symbv said:

Best Voice Actor

LOL, LOL. Hahahahahah, rofl.

symbv said:

Best Music
Youko Kanno (Sakamichi no Apollon, Aquarion EVOL)

Nice!
-MgZ_Mar 24, 2013 5:04 AM
Mar 24, 2013 5:26 AM

Jan 2012
I'm tired of Yuuki Kaji, only roles he is good at is no-whiny-losing-attitude roles. Which is not much.
Mar 24, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2011
-MgZ_ said:

Kuroko no basket winning an award is understandable with that epic adaptation but wtf, SAO? With that shitty A-1 adaptation? Holy fuck.

Both are understandable, basically the two top sellers of 2012, nothing surprising there.
Mar 24, 2013 5:30 AM

Dec 2012
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki to Anime is like Titanic to Oscar, or Adele to Grammy. Well deserved, it's one of the best anime out in recent years. Anyone who did not watch it should definitely check it out.

Best Original Story for SAO is not unexpected. There goes criticism about Reki Kawahara's "fan fiction."

Yuuki Kaji won again? This is his year. I'm surprise his work as Ouma Shu was not cited, maybe it has to do with Guilty Crown being 2011 anime. Anyways, it takes dedication to keep acting as inferior whiny character all the time. He must be exhausted. Since Shounen anime needs his talent, the award is well deserved

I'm surprised Youko Kanno got music award for EVOL and Apollon. Those music are good, but there were many great musics last year; SAO and Accel World for example.
ThangLongMar 24, 2013 5:37 AM
Mar 24, 2013 5:41 AM
Dec 2007
Best Original Story

We don't have the same definition of original it seems.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 24, 2013 5:42 AM

Jan 2009
ThangLong said:
Best Original Story for SAO is not unexpected. There goes criticism about Reki Kawahara's "fan fiction."

There goes any sliver of credibility that this award holds, in terms of judging actual merit.

Fixed for ya.

And no, I'm not a SAO hater. I love it for what it is, a feel-good self-insert story with some sincere emotion, albeit with horrible writing.

Don't understand the anime hate from LN readers either. Badly written novels get badly written adaptations, is it that much of a surprise?
Mar 24, 2013 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
If we're going by the popularity game, Girls und Panzer is spreading through Japan like a plague, i was hoping it'd win something, maybe it's because it's still airing.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 24, 2013 5:48 AM
Feb 2012
Looks like the wolf children scored big this year. Congratulations. Also congratulations to SAO and Yuuki Kaji (despite so many hating him I greatly enjoy his various roles).
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 24, 2013 5:49 AM
Aug 2011
Best Original Story: SAO

Colour my white gaijin ass surprised. Fucking autists thinking this shit is actually good because other fellow simple minded individuals are in agreement.

-Trapped in a video game where you can die.
-Self-insert MC
-Waifu/fap material Tsundere Heroine
-Incest sibling, that's actually a cousin (PLOT TWIST)
-Other stock characters with no personality or development
>Original

tsubasalover said:
HauntingShock said:

Do you even read posts on MAL or even know the general consensus concerning the western fanbase?

He is a guy who can turn any male character into a fag.
.....Did I mention he can turn a character that's already a fag, into a even fucking bigger one?

Is that not a good enough reason to hate?
Mar 24, 2013 5:52 AM

Feb 2010
symbv said:

Television Category
Kuroko no Basket

"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 24, 2013 5:54 AM

May 2012
Garbage cunts, fts

Shoujo basketball won.

WAT

/smh
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 24, 2013 5:55 AM

May 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Colour my white gaijin ass surprised. Fucking autists thinking this shit is actually good because other fellow simple minded individuals are in agreement.

-Self-insert MC
>Original

tsubasalover said:
HauntingShock said:

Do you even read posts on MAL or even know the general consensus concerning the western fanbase?

.....Did I mention he can turn a character that's already a fag, into a even fucking bigger one?

+Fairy tail. Best shits ever
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 24, 2013 5:57 AM

Jan 2012
It probably does solely depend on popularity. Most of their choices are straight out ridiculous if we compare it to other people and works. I checked last years results and Aya Hirano and Aki Toyosaki won the "best seiyuu" award for example. And while I love Aki Toyosaki, that's ridiculous as well.

I don't know if my guess is actually true, but it would explain most of the results.
Mar 24, 2013 6:02 AM
Aug 2011
Tommk said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

-Self-insert MC
>Original

tsubasalover said:
HauntingShock said:

Go look at my rating for FT, manga and anime, retard.
Mar 24, 2013 6:06 AM

May 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Tommk said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

-Self-insert MC
>Original

tsubasalover said:
HauntingShock said:

Why u dont understand ? Thats why I'm agreeing with you ? I dont understand the problem here. Lol.
Mar 24, 2013 6:06 AM

Aug 2008
Vandalysm said:
Lol, Yoko Kanno all the way
Mar 24, 2013 6:09 AM
Aug 2011
Tommk said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Tommk said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

-Self-insert MC
>Original

tsubasalover said:
HauntingShock said:

Why u dont understand ? Thats why I'm agreeing with you ? I dont understand the problem here. Lol.

I thought that was sarcasm.

My bad then
Mar 24, 2013 6:16 AM

Aug 2010
>SAO winning.

Just no. There should be some kind of lower intellectual requirement for an award.
Mar 24, 2013 6:18 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
Television Category
Sword Art Online
Best Original Story

Just gonna let this sit here and sink in :D

Tee hee at all the rage. God, it must suck to get so worked up over cartoons D:

Red_KeysMar 24, 2013 6:21 AM
Mar 24, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2011
Mogami-kun said:
>SAO winning.

Just no. There should be some kind of lower intellectual requirement for an award.

I don't understand this mentality you people have, fucking SAO was the top seller of 2012 followed by Kuroko no basket, they won the awards, what the fuck is there to be surprised about?
Mar 24, 2013 6:25 AM

Mar 2013
KnB won also.

YAAYYYYY. FUU you KnB haters.
Mar 24, 2013 6:26 AM
Aug 2011
Red_Keys said:
symbv said:
Television Category
Sword Art Online
Best Original Story

Just gonna let this sit here and sink in :D

Tee hee at all the rage. God, it must suck to get so worked up over cartoons D:

Its not about cartoons, its about the art of storytelling, which has been part of human culture since long long ago, Mr.Troll.

Now, go back to /b/ or whatever hole you crawled from.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 42 minutes ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
12 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.