Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2013 11:48 AM
Mar 2013
I made this account to just ask a question to everyone that hates Sorata. I know that he could be over the top sometimes and he had his moments where you didn't feel a connection between yourself and him;however, have you ever had someone next to you that is genuinely better than you in almost every category and no matter how hard you work to better yourself to catch up with them it never seems to work? I know i have and that gave me respect for him rather than a discomfort in his character. Of course you're going to get pissed off whenever your hard work comes crashing down in your face and you're going to yell even if the person who is better than you is your friend. I feel as if Sorata has unnecessary hate towards him because people aren't thinking around his circumstances. I'm not trying to change your opinion on him, but i just want you to put yourself in his shoes for a bit and ask yourself what you would have done in that same exact moment
Mar 19, 2013 11:48 AM
Dec 2012
10/10 for this episode. Love the whole Misaki's speech and also Rinnosuke falldown when running at the end. T.T(What a tear-jerking episode)
Mar 19, 2013 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
What an inspirational speech from misaki-senpai! Loved the episode!
Mar 19, 2013 12:00 PM

Mar 2013
BlackCrescent said:
10/10 for this episode. Love the whole Misaki's speech and also Rinnosuke falldown when running at the end. T.T(What a tear-jerking episode)

Rinnosuke falling at the end was a great touch to have the audience laugh after crying haha
Mar 19, 2013 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
varvaki said:
have you ever had someone next to you that is genuinely better than you in almost every category and no matter how hard you work to better yourself to catch up with them it never seems to work? I know i have and that gave me respect for him rather than a discomfort in his character

Respect for what?
Did he handle this well ? No.
Did he try not to hurt that person by lashing his frustration on her? No.
Did he try to push foward and move on ? No.
Was he thankful for how far he progressed ? No.
Did he stop being an over the top high pitched voice emo prick ? No.

I actually want someone to tell me something likable about him.
Mar 19, 2013 12:15 PM
Mar 2013
tsudecimo said:
varvaki said:
have you ever had someone next to you that is genuinely better than you in almost every category and no matter how hard you work to better yourself to catch up with them it never seems to work? I know i have and that gave me respect for him rather than a discomfort in his character

Respect for what?
Did he handle this well ? No.
Did he try not to hurt that person by lashing his frustration on her? No.
Did he try to push foward and move on ? No.
Was he thankful for how far he progressed ? No.
Did he stop being an over the top high pitched voice emo prick ? No.

I actually want someone to tell me something likable about him.

He usually mishandled the situations yeah, however even he realized he messed up and yeah he mopped around before he went and fixed the situation but at least he knew that he was wrong and didn't try to blame it on someone else.

In the moment your probably not going to be trying to respect someone by lashing out on someone. You're going to be saying whatever comes to mind even if it hurts the other person

I would say he tried to move forward. He worked hard and he had his ups and downs but he kept moving on and trying to become someone who was on the level of jin, misaki, shiina, and the other girl whose name avoids me. He kept going but he kept getting failure shoved down his throat so yeah of course he is going to stumble and be depressed everytime

He was thankful to everyone else for helping him to become a better person than when he first started out. He stopped blaming his boring life and failures on other but took them upon himself

He was over the top and i have nothing to say there except that's the personality he was given. Emo i didn't really see that too much

I just liked him for how much he actually cared for his friends and even though he lashed out, if you tried to work hard and he knew you were trying he would support you and go out of his way to help
Mar 19, 2013 12:16 PM

Oct 2011
Definitely the best episode!!! Awesome, so emotional, my tears,...
Signature
Mar 19, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
I almost fell asleep while Misaki is doing her speech.

JC over did this episode and lost its emotional part. I really liked this anime before it fell apart somewhere in the middle. Oh well, I hope the last episode could at least be a good one.
Mar 19, 2013 12:33 PM

Dec 2012
varvaki said:
He usually mishandled the situations yeah, however even he realized he messed up and yeah he mopped around before he went and fixed the situation but at least he knew that he was wrong and didn't try to blame it on someone else.

He blamed his own mediocrity on shiina and of course he knew he was wrong that's would have been too much if after all that he considered himself right.

varvaki said:
In the moment your probably not going to be trying to respect someone by lashing out on someone. You're going to be saying whatever comes to mind even if it hurts the other person

No need for explaining why he acted the way he did i understand it . He could have handled better and become a person worthy of respect or praise.

varvaki said:
I would say he tried to move forward. He worked hard and he had his ups and downs but he kept moving on and trying to become someone who was on the level of jin, misaki, shiina, and the other girl whose name avoids me. He kept going but he kept getting failure shoved down his throat so yeah of course he is going to stumble and be depressed everytime

Last time he failed was a couple of episodes ago he didn't really do anything that suggest he moved foward he just accepted his failure.

varvaki said:
He was thankful to everyone else for helping him to become a better person than when he first started out. He stopped blaming his boring life and failures on other but took them upon himself

I meant was he thankful the place her reached in the competion before he got rejected.

varvaki said:
I just liked him for how much he actually cared for his friends and even though he lashed out, if you tried to work hard and he knew you were trying he would support you and go out of his way to help

That's not exactly likable it is normal for MC of this genre to be like that.

I really don't see anything worth respecting sorata for but you said you were in his position so maybe that's why somehow you ''respect'' him.
Mar 19, 2013 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
For those who cried how exactly are your tears manly ? or is it is just an overused meme...
I think it's kind of a meme. I think it goes against how stereotypically, men aren't supposed to cry because its not manly, so they made "manly tears" a meme for males who cry to combat this stereotype? But Tbh, I'm not sure.
Mar 19, 2013 12:45 PM
Mar 2013
I really don't see anything worth respecting sorata for but you said you were in his position so maybe that's why somehow you ''respect'' him.

I do have my own bias towards him, i just don't think he deserves as much hate as he is given. He isn't the worst MC i've seen and he definitely isn't the best. He is just more realistic in my eyes because of my similar experiences.

As for whether he grows from his most recent failure in his game development, we will have to wait for the next episode to see if he has done anything since then
Mar 19, 2013 12:50 PM
Jan 2013
Oh, Misaki's speech, I feel like I wanna cry.
Mar 19, 2013 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
One of my favourite scene in this episode :
CUUTE!!!! >////<

I cried like a baby :'(
5/5
Mar 19, 2013 12:58 PM

Dec 2012
varvaki said:
I do have my own bias towards him, i just don't think he deserves as much hate as he is given. He isn't the worst MC i've seen and he definitely isn't the best. He is just more realistic in my eyes because of my similar experiences.

As for whether he grows from his most recent failure in his game development, we will have to wait for the next episode to see if he has done anything since then

I don't exactly hate him ( hate is a strong word even for a fictional character) but i really didn't get his very high expectation i mean he picked the whole game design recently and he picked it just because he felt plain and normal compared to the other residents of sakurasou yet he sets his expectation as high as the sky..
and gets pissed and depressed of failing his very first try seriously wtf?
I mean comparing his situation to Nanami his failure seems really trivial and not even worth caring for.
Mar 19, 2013 1:27 PM

Nov 2012
Well.. fahk

I liked the Anime since episode one, but this was the very very best one so far.
Wonder if the last one will be as good as this.

Finished this episode a few minutes ago, still crying, wonderful.

I already know I will miss this show when it's finished..
Mar 19, 2013 1:40 PM
Sep 2011
Well.... I think there was too much of fake emotion on this episode. 1 out of 5.
Mar 19, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2012
Damn, what a terrible episode. I'm glad that during my graduation ceremony, the representative didn't make a whole speech about his roomate.

And the faggotry at the end! puke puke puke.
Mar 19, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
Justicemannio said:
bastek66 said:
So, kiss next week...

I don't think they will kiss, next episode is where the new tenants come in which is the start of vol 7.. What a disappointing conclusion.

Aw so we
was hoping for a ova finish to the story as there was really only parts of 7-10 to finish ah well perhaps its light novel only for the remaining uncovered stuff

Bu ta very good episode

side note @ tsudecimo Perhaps you should be defending that terrible anime naruto shippuden which has made it to your all time favorites seemingly- rather than trying to tear this one down.. was it perfect no.. was it naruto shippuden bad? no. Or perhaps we can stop hating for the hating? But hey at least you unlike SetsukoHara attempted to make a point and some counter points - instead of just spamming insults ~
sirwenceMar 19, 2013 2:32 PM
Mar 19, 2013 2:09 PM
Mar 2013
It was pretty ridiculous and over-the-top, but I loved the episode anyway. Somehow, it felt right. It was more of a clever move by Jin and the student council, though. I found the Ryuu x Rita scenes great and well... Ryuunosuke crying was unintentionally funny (for me at least).

The still-not-ending discussion about the second half of the show did make me do a little re-watch. And to me, well... I think it was more of episodes 18-20 that soured the opinions on Sorata. I thought he was pretty okay in the drama department up until 18 and beyond. He's still overly dramatic, but it was put to good (or better) use in the three latest episodes (21, 22, this ep.).

Not entirely sure, though. Still, this show's great.
Mar 19, 2013 2:11 PM

May 2012
nice episode this week :)
Mar 19, 2013 2:38 PM

Jul 2012
Beautiful

Mar 19, 2013 3:09 PM

Sep 2012
sirwence said:

Bu ta very good episode

side note @ tsudecimo Perhaps you should be defending that terrible anime naruto shippuden which has made it to your all time favorites seemingly- rather than trying to tear this one down.. was it perfect no.. was it naruto shippuden bad? no. Or perhaps we can stop hating for the hating? But hey at least you unlike SetsukoHara attempted to make a point and some counter points - instead of just spamming insults ~

LOL, it's the pot calling the kettle black. Where are your points and your counter-points in this post, sir?
Mar 19, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2008
SetsukoHara said:
sirwence said:

Bu ta very good episode

LOL, it's the pot calling the kettle black. Where are your points and your counter-points in this post, sir?

Well was there a point to " faggotry puke puke puke " ? You made no point thus there is no point to counter just as an aside I spent the first several threads defending then it became obvious trolls will just troll ~
Mar 19, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
what are the piano songs they played at the end?!

Mar 19, 2013 3:49 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. To me, this is an ending. Emotional speech that summarized what was great about the show.

To the LN readers...why is this a disappointing conclusion?
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Mar 19, 2013 3:59 PM

May 2009
OGHelios said:
To the LN readers...why is this a disappointing conclusion?

Conclusion next week.
Mar 19, 2013 4:12 PM
Mar 2013
FlyingChinaMan said:
what are the piano songs they played at the end?!

I dunno the title but it's the same song they used in Evangelion AFAIK. I think it's the one where Unit 03 gets smashed to bits.
Mar 19, 2013 4:21 PM

Dec 2011
the only time i wanted to cry during this show was the episode where they broke into the school's swimming pool. that was believable. this episode was not.
Mar 19, 2013 4:21 PM

Sep 2012
sirwence said:
SetsukoHara said:
sirwence said:

Bu ta very good episode

Well was there a point to " faggotry puke puke puke " ? You made no point thus there is no point to counter just as an aside I spent the first several threads defending then it became obvious trolls will just troll ~

I said :" it's the pot calling the kettle black." So I was admitting that I didn't develop any point in my post. I was talking about your answer to tsudecimo's post, just saying that, this episode was very good and that his opinion is invalid because he likes Naruto Shipuuden, is in no way a counter-point.
Mar 19, 2013 4:36 PM

Dec 2009
Couldn't stop crying while Misaki was giving her speech. I'll miss those two.
Mar 19, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2012
That moment when this show has more emotion and makes more people cry then the routes in Little Busters. (They're being compared because J.C. Staff)

Good episode is good. A little overdramatic? Yupp, but hey, its Mari Okada, and this isn't her at her worst either. I enjoyed this a lot for what it delivered.
Mar 19, 2013 4:45 PM

Jul 2007
If Tatebayashi hadn't said his piece leading to Ryuunosuke saying his and Chihiro saying hers, I'd have felt relatively lackluster with the episode's events. I was definitely hoping they'd bring up the bit about Sakurasou being perfect for art students and the collaboration of animation, music, and (possibly) gaming.

Good wrap up episode imo.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 19, 2013 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
Didin't cry until Misaki said her personal comments to each member of Sakurasou. And I do like the elementary school graduation song but it took me a bit to realize where else I had heard it in a not so happy way (Rebuild of EVA). I think I prefer the more traditional use of the song here than in that...

Mar 19, 2013 5:57 PM

Oct 2010
Until we meet again (8) ;________;
Mar 19, 2013 6:10 PM

Apr 2012
Everyone hating on the "forced drama" are those very same people who picked up this show because they thought it'd be some fanservice goldmine. The levels of drama in this show are comparable to most other shows with some kind of developing plot, even if the pacing is a bit awkward at times.

Now that it's become a good show, a very good show I might add, people want to bitch and moan that their precious borderline-ecchi is melodramatic.

Anyways, I loved this episode. A bit unrealistic, I'd say, but still very good all the same. It tugged at my heartstrings a bit to see Ryuunosuke crying.

So sad to see it ending next episode...

Mar 19, 2013 6:38 PM

Jul 2011
Boring
Mar 19, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2010
Nah, I didn't pick up this show because I wanted fanservice. I picked it up because I wanted a well-written romance series with good character development. I didn't really end up getting much of that.
Mar 19, 2013 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
SetsukoHara said:
sirwence said:
SetsukoHara said:
sirwence said:

Bu ta very good episode

I said :" it's the pot calling the kettle black." So I was admitting that I didn't develop any point in my post. I was talking about your answer to tsudecimo's post, just saying that, this episode was very good and that his opinion is invalid because he likes Naruto Shipuuden, is in no way a counter-point.

Ah well youd have to look in my spoiler for my other views , however if the type of things hes tearing the series down for are found all over the place in another series ( plot forcing - plot holes - over done drama/ or display scenes the mc doing stupid stuff heh etc ) and you find those in so numerous a number that its impressive in a series that one has on his favorites when they rip this for the same type of issues just in different extremes due to genre.. well thats sort of the point
Mar 19, 2013 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
Luxanna said:
Nah, I didn't pick up this show because I wanted fanservice. I picked it up because I wanted a well-written romance series with good character development. I didn't really end up getting much of that.

I'm sure that's what we all hope for when we pick up a series, but we can't help but judge a book by it's cover.

No one goes into Mars of Destruction expecting a groundbreaking plot, and I dare to say that most people didn't go into a show called "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou" expecting much more than a slice-of-life comedy/possible harem (I was expecting more of the former myself, to be honest).

Mar 19, 2013 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
Luxanna said:
And here I am wondering why you're still watching it.
Mar 19, 2013 7:33 PM

Jun 2010
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Luxanna said:
And here I am wondering why you're still watching it.

It is possible enjoy a show despite objectively thinking it is of poor quality.
Mar 19, 2013 7:42 PM

Nov 2011
It was nice graduation speech. If I were a girl, I would've cried.

Next episode is the last one. I wonder how it will be wrapped up.

Mar 19, 2013 8:23 PM

Dec 2012
Arguably the best episode throughout the entire series, hopefully they don't botch the ending.
Mar 19, 2013 8:34 PM

Nov 2012
I just lvoed this episode :') I loved Misaki's speech, it was really emotive and the song at the end was too. I didn't cried, I hardly cry watching anime (or anything), but I was about it. I knew I was correct when I started watching it :')
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Mar 19, 2013 8:36 PM

Jan 2012
Really good episode.
The crying was a bit over the top at times though, but it was one of the better graduation scenes I've seen in an anime and one of my favorites.

The crying face that Nanami did after Ryuunosuke telling Ritta that she's probably crying made me laugh a little. xD

It was cute when Misaki mentioned Ritta and Ryuunosuke and they both started blushing. x)

I'm excited to see what happens in the final episode.
For a second I thought this was the last at the end and was a little pissed, but then I realized there was one more episode to go.

I swear there's always an argument on these discussion threads for this anime, lol.
Mar 19, 2013 9:47 PM
Jul 2012
Great job on the emotions conveyed in just one episode. I mean, you feel the sadness(which brought, me, a cold-hearted person near tears), and the awesomeness of just doing whatever the F you want at school, and kicking the butts of stupid principals and teachers!
Mar 19, 2013 9:53 PM
Oct 2012
ohhhh GOD!!!!!
why wont the manly tears stop coming out x'(

i love how tthey played the original op in this episode
& also i dont know if you guys noticed but at exactly 19:27 in this episode you see the new character for the sakurasou game for psp (or at least it looks like her). i thought she was an orignal character for the game only??

great episode i loved it :D
Mar 19, 2013 10:00 PM

Dec 2012
sirwence said:
tsudecimo Perhaps you should be defending that terrible anime naruto shippuden which has made it to your all time favorites seemingly- rather than trying to tear this one down.. was it perfect no.. was it naruto shippuden bad? no. Or perhaps we can stop hating for the hating? But hey at least you unlike SetsukoHara attempted to make a point and some counter points - instead of just spamming insults ~

What does naruto have to do with this?
Is it in the same genre ? No.
Is is trying to be something it is not? No.
Does it contradict itself? No.
Does it have an obnoxious character like sorata ? No.
I mean i didn't love the melodrama in Ano hana but this episode take the word ''Melodrama'' to a whole new level..
Crying at melodramatic forced emotional episodes like this is beyond me.
Mar 19, 2013 11:15 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
I don't exactly hate him ( hate is a strong word even for a fictional character) but i really didn't get his very high expectation i mean he picked the whole game design recently and he picked it just because he felt plain and normal compared to the other residents of sakurasou yet he sets his expectation as high as the sky..
and gets pissed and depressed of failing his very first try seriously wtf?
I mean comparing his situation to Nanami his failure seems really trivial and not even worth caring for.
This is the biggest thing that makes the show less enjoyable to me than I would think. And I am sure this is not a feeling that is shared by just a few people. All in all, I have a lot more sympathy towards Nanami and her breakdown, which I found perhaps slightly over-the-top but also understandable. Sorata is different. He already made it further than a typical high school student could imagine going by at least teaming up with a well-known game designer in a project, and it was defeated by none other than the unstoppable vocaloid boom. And even so, he can be happy with the gain of a mentor and connection to the game industry. Yet he treated the failure of his first stab to make it big as a fall of the sky.

AnimeHAwk616 said:
tsudecimo said:
For those who cried how exactly are your tears manly ? or is it is just an overused meme...
I think it's kind of a meme. I think it goes against how stereotypically, men aren't supposed to cry because its not manly, so they made "manly tears" a meme for males who cry to combat this stereotype? But Tbh, I'm not sure.
I am not sure about others so I would just speak from my own experience. While I did not cry at any time when I watched Sakuraso, I admit I shed real tears at certain point when I watched Kotoura, Love Live, JoJo or MaoYuu. At the end I think it all depends on each person's sensitivity and how he perceives the characters and the show. Some may find a certain situation or style of execution more inducing for tears, but not other situations. It may be entirely the reverse for some other people. And I also suspect many people just claim "manly tears" as an exaggerated way to express his being touched. To be honest, I would rather people write they cried only when they have really shed literal tears. For me at least, if I said I cried then it means tears indeed flew out from my eyes.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 19, 2013 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
It was pretty selfish of Sakurasou to turn the graduation ceremony into their pity fest.

Sad that next week is the finale :s
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

640 by MrChopper07 »»
May 8, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.