Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2013 2:02 AM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
Marhuto said:
Last episode and this was amazing!
Congratz guys. :)

Sent with Mal Updater

This ain't the final episode. The final episode comes out this Saturday and the subs, probably, will take yet another week or two.

What I meant was the previous and this.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Mar 26, 2013 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
Brilliant Episode!!!

Nice to see that the authors realize that they want to end it in the best coolest possible way and Hattori managed to convince the Chief Editor in doing so making it a successful decision.

They animated this very well and are closely following how the manga ends.

Next Episode is the final one and I'm gonna miss this series as it is one of my favourites. Looking forward to it and hope for a sensational end to an excellent series!!

5/5

Mar 27, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2011
Somehow it felt like both so long and so short a journey to finally reaching their dreams. I thought there would be more to following their journey into a successfully animated series. Or maybe I wanted to see more of Niizuma's next great series. Still, wonderful feelings seeing the support Ashirogi have going on.

I was laughing when Mashiro had to call to fix the time he would pick her up because of the episode. Also laughed at the poor optimistic kids who thought the series would go on. XD
Mar 28, 2013 1:00 AM
Oct 2012
TheRealEK said:
I could care less about Mashiro and Miho getting married.

I have to disagree, I think they should have focused more on the marriage simply because this story is about both Mashiro and Miho yet it feels like they left Miho out, now I understand there promise about not seeing each other but I think it would have been interesting to see a bit more along the lines of there relationship. none the less this Anime is fucking amazing and I would not change anything as it is. I just hope that they show the wedding of those two that would be the best ending I think.
Mar 28, 2013 1:04 AM
Oct 2012
jenchiuk said:
Brilliant Episode!!!

Nice to see that the authors realize that they want to end it in the best coolest possible way and Hattori managed to convince the Chief Editor in doing so making it a successful decision.

They animated this very well and are closely following how the manga ends.

Next Episode is the final one and I'm gonna miss this series as it is one of my favourites. Looking forward to it and hope for a sensational end to an excellent series!!

5/5

I agree tenfold, this Manga/Anime was the best to follow, I am going to be sure to rewatch this and rate the value of rewatch high.
Mar 28, 2013 1:08 AM
Oct 2012
tsubasalover said:
eminagnam said:
Season 4 is not scheduled?

Manga ended and it is officially the final season for anime, so no more anime from Bakuman.
This is the best possible way to end this Manga/Anime in my opinion if they continued this story they would only succeed in botching it up. I love this Manga/Anime and I am pleased to see that it is ending so well my only hope is that they show the wedding of Mashiro and Miho.

Side note: I am stoaked to see how this ends and stoaked to see the next mange/anime from this Author.
Mar 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
For the people who wonder about a Season 4.. there could have been, but it would have been short. The only arc they skipped in the manga was the second nanmine arc.

Even with that and even with stretching all the episodes they shortened or summarized from the manga.. they could probably, just barely, fit a 12 episode season so there wasn't really a reason to extend Bakuman to a 4th season given the material they left out.

I could see them doing the 2nd Nanamine arc as an OVA.. but I doubt it.. it wasn't really needed to get the main point across with the story. This is what Yoriba said.. the best possible way to end this Anime
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Mar 28, 2013 8:09 PM

May 2012
anyone think that it will reach top 20 in MAL or even top10?

Mar 28, 2013 10:15 PM
Mar 2013
i hope theres a season 4 with them trying to beat nizuma's goal of getting 3 million volumes sold
Mar 29, 2013 10:19 AM

Feb 2012
Cyrosis said:
i hope theres a season 4 with them trying to beat nizuma's goal of getting 3 million volumes sold

That would be filler. The manga has already ended.
Mar 30, 2013 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
Cyrosis said:

Just like what Salice posted... only about 2 or 3 chapters left until the manga ends.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Mar 31, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2011
One more episode...
Apr 2, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2010
yhunata said:
Vikopaulum said:
Ando- said:
The ending to Reversi makes me wonder if that's how Tsugumi Ohba wanted Death Note to end. I would really like to watch that kind of ending to Death Note just to see what it'd be like.

And I also wonder what else in Bakuman relates to Tsugumi Ohba. Maybe he's a two-man team too. We will never know.. :O

But great episode! Can't wait for the ending. This has really been one of my most enjoyable series. I'm gonna miss it :(

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I got the feeling the author(s) made some references to Death Note's storyline, and it got me thinking that he might've wanted Death Note to end with the introduction of N. Was wondering if I was the only one thinking that, but apparently not ;)
Great episode btw! Really like Niizuma as a character!

Reversi is basically the retelling of what happened with Death Note. Note the similarities between the main characters, the season in which the anime airs and the timing of ending. Schwarz and Weiss are similar to L and Light, representing good and evil. The anime for Death Note aired in Fall 2006, Reversi was set to start airing in Fall 20XX. Reversi ends at volume 6, around the same volume where the first arc of Death Note ended. Or even look at this, both Death Note and Reversi ends before the anime aired (even after being forced to continue, Death Note still ended before the anime aired).

I think so too, idk if it's true but whenever I re-read Death Note I always stop after the L vs. Light arc, the next (rather forced) arc is just not as good and I feel the ending of the manga was a bit meh. Seeing how Bakuman seems to indeed refer to how this mangaka thinks about how manga's shoul be, I feel like DN should've ended earlier with perhaps a double suicide like Weiss & Schwarz did in Reversi? Or perhaps even with Light winning?

Besides that I loved this episode, Takagi's present was the best! I don't want this anime to end since I love Ashirogi Muto a lot but on the other hand I'm glad the mangaka was able to end Bakuman with a strong ending like this :)
Apr 10, 2013 5:00 AM

Jan 2011
The main story feels like it's finished but at the same time it still feels like this could get a fourth season.
I do think that the next episode will be the last, this needs a very satisfying ending or I'll be mad.
Any more of this would turn it into a more generic slice-of-life manga drawing show instead of the thrilling show that it is right now, the goals have been achieved.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 10, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2010
Another solid episode...
This season has remained SOLID throughout.

...only one episode left... :(
Apr 14, 2013 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
yhunata said:
Vikopaulum said:
Ando- said:
The ending to Reversi makes me wonder if that's how Tsugumi Ohba wanted Death Note to end. I would really like to watch that kind of ending to Death Note just to see what it'd be like.

And I also wonder what else in Bakuman relates to Tsugumi Ohba. Maybe he's a two-man team too. We will never know.. :O

But great episode! Can't wait for the ending. This has really been one of my most enjoyable series. I'm gonna miss it :(

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I got the feeling the author(s) made some references to Death Note's storyline, and it got me thinking that he might've wanted Death Note to end with the introduction of N. Was wondering if I was the only one thinking that, but apparently not ;)
Great episode btw! Really like Niizuma as a character!

Reversi is basically the retelling of what happened with Death Note. Note the similarities between the main characters, the season in which the anime airs and the timing of ending. Schwarz and Weiss are similar to L and Light, representing good and evil. The anime for Death Note aired in Fall 2006, Reversi was set to start airing in Fall 20XX. Reversi ends at volume 6, around the same volume where the first arc of Death Note ended. Or even look at this, both Death Note and Reversi ends before the anime aired (even after being forced to continue, Death Note still ended before the anime aired).

I thing they are sending a small message on how they truly wanted
Death Note to end and that's by having L and Kira both lose in the end.
May 1, 2013 3:04 PM

Jul 2009
Everything's finally coming together.
May 30, 2013 7:47 PM

Jan 2013
Those bitches better kiss in the final episode.
Sep 13, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2011
A manga has to end when it has to end. They did a really great job. Season 3 is the best Bakuman season in my opinion and I just love the overall story.
Dec 12, 2013 2:20 PM

May 2012
They actually managed to top Niizuma in both position and sales! And man while this is awesome knowing that the next episode is the last does make me wonder if we'll see a marriage scene or not if not I'd be rather disappointed as that's the main thing about this whole story after all but either way let's see what the last episode of this series has to offer us!
Dec 28, 2013 10:47 AM

May 2013
Next episode they are going to get married!
Jan 23, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
Reversi makes me feel like reading some Zetman.
Feb 8, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
They finally won. In every way agaisnt Eiji. I'm happy :)

When Heishi putted his coat on, it was way too epic xD

Only one last episode now. I'm sad that it's over, but I'm glad that it will end like this. There would be no point to continue the story after that (well they could do special prologue or OVA).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 23, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
KYAAAAA... this is too much..!!!
The look on Eiji's face when he read it.
They finally did it... simply fantastic.
Mar 23, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2008
Why are they still riding bikes? Time to buy a car like Hiramaru.

Romantic awkwardness coming up.
Nov 12, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
It was a long way, buuut, it's not over yet.
They really ended that well, even if that kid had an interesting idea for a new arc.
Mar 6, 2016 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
All that's left is just Miho and Saikou to get married :3

tsubasalover said:
eminagnam said:
Season 4 is not scheduled?

Manga ended and it is officially the final season for anime, so no more anime from Bakuman.

I see what you did there Ohba Tsugumi-san xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 31, 2016 9:52 PM

Mar 2014
You can say Miho-san won over her love because if it wasn't for Mashiro ,
taking notice on her at the day that they stared each it other , it will be unrequited .
That's our Hattori-san !! Best Editor of the Year .
The Best possible Ending , There ever is ~ !! ASHROGI MUTOU <3 !!
"Reversi" Grand Finale !! NUMBER ONE . Fantastic >:D !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2016 10:51 PM

Sep 2015
Irl the editorial department wouldn't let a super popular series end that short, they would butcher the heck out of it and ruin it. Happy for Mashiro and Takagi :3

I liked how everyone was in awe at the ending of the final chapter (wow Nakai is skinner prob back to his old self).

That rivalry is shown once again at the end between them and Niizuma which was awesome.
Mar 4, 2017 10:34 PM

Dec 2015
Ah Dreams do come true! with hardwork, perseverance, patience and more hard work!
Finally! Getting an Anime, Miho as the voice actress and the biggest of all is having a perfect ending and beating Eiji in sales and rank up to their final chapter! (cause zombie guns is still on going though)
Proud of this two!

That scene with Niizuma at the end, Really adored Niizuma Eiji as their rival! He's the kind of character rival that I would actually root for more than the main characters itself! HAHA! He's definitely my favorite character! and the greatest Bakuman mangaka for me! XD
QueenSapphireMar 5, 2017 6:58 AM
Sep 21, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2016
That was definitely a great ending, can't believe one episode left of Bakuman.
Dec 20, 2019 5:15 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, so many dreams coming true! What an ending it'll be!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 5, 2020 12:50 AM
Oct 2019
Making a promise and keeping it for years with an intense amount of agitation, pain is obviously not an easy job that it seems.
BAKUMAN... an anime which is slow-paced, not having that much of action scenes... still the way it has been made it is certainly good in it's own. A brilliant show. I've truly been inspired by this. Arigattou.
Oct 7, 2020 9:41 AM

May 2018
I still can't believe that everyone's phones have aged more than their looks have xD
Jan 14, 2021 5:52 AM

Jul 2017
Outstanding episode, glad to see REVERSI get to end its run early and be the real masterpiece it deserved and earned itself to be. Would be refreshing having to only collect 6 volumes of what would be one of Jump's best manga with a very intense, interesting ending that could be left to interpretation in multiple ways, and to top it off, REVERSI in its 49 chapters not only achieved #1 in the weekly rankings multiple times throughout the run (with 9 weeks at #1 for its final 9 chapters), but also outsell Niizuma's Zombie Gun at the same time as its finished months before the anime has arrived. The manga did so well without even letting the anime boost it much, so you can tell it was a massive hit overall and the right move to not stretch this too long. One episode left, and it's going to be the episode where Moritaka and Miho finally get together. What an outstanding and emotional ride this series has been as usual, worth the 4th watch.
Aug 5, 2021 6:25 PM

Jan 2020
Reversi ended in a double suicide ending....
Aug 5, 2021 6:28 PM

Jan 2020
I don't know how they gonna wrap things up in 1 more episode, well I guess they just have to rush some part or skipped some scenes and probably they will not show stuff like their married life...
Oct 26, 2021 4:19 PM

Dec 2007
once again i got the vibes from the previous arc, where they discussed if it's right to end popular anime or no not through cancelling, that it's ohba & obata story of how they didn't wanted to continue after L arc but wanted it to end there, but forced to end it.
though in some sense that "forcing" allowed some manga to be popular all around the globe, aka dragon ball, toriyama wanted to close the story after red ribbon, but continued it 'till picollo kind and picollo jr. arc, and then he were forced again to make frieza and cell arc. only in the buu arc it felt forced really. but if it wasn't forced, we wouldn't know DBZ.
but the different you can see at DB how in yotsuba arc, and the end of vol7 'till vol10 the story just were dragged away. check this out.

loved how takagi thought only for the best for mashiro, really showing the true bond with the two.

hattori as well establishing himself as the best editor character in the series.

mashiro and miho succeeded once again making their relation as mature and not childish and cliche like in the start.
but once i'm actually giving more thought on this, it may be that the direction and pace in s1 is what made that.

the end of reversi was truly epic.
i was so damn happy when they won eiji.
and in the eiji scene i actually though he would say "i lost", but ohba actually didn't disappointed me, the "rivalry continues" just tells us that the characters will still live after the end of the anime, in our mind and heart. in those kind of endings i always thinks about how the characters keeping living. lol.
Nov 11, 2022 9:23 PM

Jan 2020
"We can't say our dream came true until the anime airs. The world could explode tomorrow." I hate you so much Moritaka.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.