Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 5:54 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No topics about this OVA yet?

Well, it seems to me there are much more yuri references. Yumi actually held Sachiko a few times and expressed her love frequently, I don't recall seeing this in the original or Haru series. The animation is superb, it is clear the budget is much higher, although I do think they should finally get rid of those noses. XD I think I'll come to like this OVA very much!
Apr 21, 2009 4:41 PM

Dec 2007
Prety nice. At first I thought Sachiko would neglect Yumi during the whole stay, but then came the scene in the misty forest.
Jan 23, 2010 2:55 AM

Aug 2009
Cheerier than usual. It wasn't for getting me relaxed, like previous episodes, but I liked it. It's another arc.

Oh, and there were too many men. :P

Yumi-chan owned everyone in the party.
Jun 15, 2010 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
Totally agree with the party, though I preferred classical music over 'Maria-sama' song. :P
Apr 21, 2013 6:12 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
TitanioVerde said:
Yumi-chan owned everyone in the party.
She sure did.

Strukla said:
Totally agree with the party, though I preferred classical music over 'Maria-sama' song. :P
but Yumi's VA did a really good job with it - I like her singing voice.

Teddy said:
Yumi actually held Sachiko a few times and expressed her love frequently
I don't see them as having that sort of relationship before, but it did seem strong enough here that at the end as they were sitting on the porch before Sachiko started teasing about what Yumi might have done instead at the party I was sort of half expecting...
Feb 13, 2014 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
Ha. Owned.

In an alternate universe, Yumi performed the skit she did during their previous Christmas party haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 28, 2014 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
xchee said:
Ha. Owned.

In an alternate universe, Yumi performed the skit she did during their previous Christmas party haha.

The thought crossed my mind when she went before the guests, but I'm quite thankful I didn't have to endure watching that kind of train wreck. The "über-pwnage" was much more uplifting to watch, I was grinning like an idiot.
Jun 11, 2014 6:34 PM
Feb 2014
I thought of the folk dance too, but still pictured the great-grandma loving it and lighting up and clapping along and such.
Nov 27, 2014 3:24 PM

Feb 2010
xchee said:
Ha. Owned.

Sachiko thought about this (or something similar).
And I was thinking... "she is going to do THIS".
Dec 17, 2014 12:29 AM

Sep 2014
I thought Yumi was actually going to do that folk dance too. I was reacting just like Sachiko, all like "NOOOOOOOO". But bwahaha she owned those rich bitches. Rich girl drama, and thanks for helping, Touko. >_>
Jan 22, 2015 10:13 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Those girls got owned by Yumi. I too thought she'd perform that silly dance, I mean it's Yumi of all people. The old lady was very mad throughout the nigh, forced to stay in that spot and listen to the performances of the arrogant girls.

Yoshino was very cute earlier in the episode. Yumi asks her about her vacation plans which Yoshino replies with "heh, heh, heh", her expression was so cute and Yoshino like.

Jun 14, 2015 11:28 PM

Jan 2010
By the time I finished watching this episode, an hour went by. I didn't even realize this was double the length of the regular episodes. I suppose that shows how much I enjoyed this episode.

The strange thing with Maria-sama ga Miteru is how well it does pleasantries and simple everyday activities. As such, the smallest cracks in that pleasant lifestyle become more apparent here than in other shows. On top of that, I've been in the mood for a simple, non-dramatic, quaint slice-of-life with characters just going about their daily lives, and this episode happened to have a lot of it. Of course, the expectation is no sane viewer could sit through an entire episode with characters just being nice to each other, so the No-Fun Brigade arrived to put a stop to that.

Furthermore, I haven't been able to isolate it before, but with an hour long episode dedicated to just Sachiko and Yumi, I think I figured it out my gripe with this show: I dislike the characters being so dependent on one another. I like this show when it's peaceful, so with everyone so close to each other, the troubles of one will affect everyone all at once, which drives down the overall tone of the show. That being said, this is most likely the intent, and had I been under another state of mind, I may have enjoyed the tension between them all. As of now though, I just want to see nice things happen to the cast. Perhaps that means I've grown fond of them. Huh.
Jun 7, 2016 12:25 PM
Apr 2016
1) I ship sooooo badly Yoshino and Rei
2) Those fk bitches...Why the fuck are they so obsessed with Sachico?!...Bullying Yumi for no reason...
3) I am starting not to hate Touko THAT much, and i am actually starting to like the guy - Sachico's cousin and fiance
4) Imagine Yumi doing the dance Lmaooo xD
Jul 18, 2017 3:37 PM
Aug 2014
Took me a while to get used to the atmosphere of the show again, but once I did it was once again a really enjoyable episode.
Apr 19, 2018 9:44 AM

Mar 2017
The girls got rekt!
well done Yumi.

I thought there was going to be a drama about Yumi and Sachiko once again but I was wrong. Really liked this episode.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 5, 2022 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting, how Yumi compares Sachiko to ice cream.. Not only cold, but also soft and sweet..
Rice as a present is a bit strange, isn't it?.. But it's also kind of an awesome present, to be honest.. ;P I like rice.. ;P
Omg, these girls (at around 23:30) are probably some high society bs, aren't they?.. I can feel trouble in the air already..
That was great conclusion to the party.. ;P Yumi found solution pretty quickly.. Even grandma herself liked it.. Well, makes sense.. Yumi was the one with most innocent heart right there.. It was sweet.. ;P
Mar 24, 2022 7:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Oh yeah baby, it’s time for Season 3 of Maria-sama Ga Miteru, and this time it’s a much shorter amount of episodes but also much longer ones, basically two episodes in one, so it’s more like a full season packed into 5 episodes, but I really like it. It went by fast and it was a great episode. I love the change in scenery from the school we’re used to from the first two seasons, I’m with Sachiko on that relaxing vibe, and the plot this time was pretty interesting, a handful of snobby rich girls jealous over Yumi, I absolutely loved when she showed them up with her song paired with Sachiko’s piano playing at the party, even the granny thought it was a soulful performance lol.

I also noticed the art style is different, but I definitely don’t dislike it, I got used to it quickly and I love the animation as well. The new version of Pastel Pure in the OP was great too, and I love that we have a more traditional ED this time, as much as I love the original Sonata Blue ED I was always hoping we’d get one like this, glad to finally see it, it’s a jam too! This is definitely gonna be a season of this show I’ll enjoy once again.
Apr 20, 2022 9:52 PM

Jun 2014
That summer home was quite nice. Those other girls didn't like Yumi, but that granny certainly appreciated Yumi's singing, which foiled the other girls' plans.

Overall, Yumi had a good time with Sachiko, although she probably wishes that Sachiko didn't sleep so long, lol.

Feb 18, 2023 7:54 AM

Aug 2021
i hate rich people so much
"prestige" like what the fuck is that holy shit
i will forever hang out with poor alternative gay junkies, they at least have a personality and u can actually build bonds with such people

and idk if sachiko is actually unaware of this, but shes hurting yumi, like holy shit just SPEND TIME TOGETHER cuz it looks like u litearlly do not want to come near her lmao
elgatosaikaFeb 18, 2023 7:57 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 2 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

14 by Yinkie66 »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:36 PM

» the last episode

Roncha - Sep 3, 2008

1 by Rouqerd »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 3 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

13 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 23, 2023 5:56 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 5 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

20 by jenkitsune »»
Aug 20, 2022 8:37 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 4 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

15 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 22, 2022 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.