Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 10:57 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sachiko is getting more and more likeable every episode. I used to think about her the way she described herself: Selfish, arrogant, hysterical... But the last few episodes, and especially this one, she has shown very well that she actually can't live without Yumi near her to protect and support her. I do like her for that!
Apr 21, 2009 4:47 PM

Dec 2007
For a minute I got really scared In this episode... Kanako was kind of cute despite the stalking an all, and Sachiko hugging the Panda Yumi was the best.
As expected, Noriko was the only one who found that strange challenge funny.
Feb 12, 2013 2:12 PM

Dec 2006
"I need you to forever remain an angelic being showing not even the slightest interest in filthy men, I want you to always remain a pure white girl."

So Kanako is exactly like those crazy japanese otakus who idolize seiyuus and waifus xD 怖い〜

This episode was funny and cute, it's almost one hour long but I felt like it lasted just 15 minutes.
Apr 26, 2013 3:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I'll admit, I was getting twitchy when those Mystery Club guys were seriously considering what to do with Yumi to save their asses.
Feb 13, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Yandere alert. Every time Kanako's around Yumi, I find myself thinking "run Yumi!"

"I love everything about you: your hair, your face, your voice, your fingertips. But it wasn't your outside appearance that inspired my love for you. It was your heart which shapes the rest of you."

Oh my, Sachiko :D! *heart explodes* You don't need to be wearing yuri goggles to see what's happening here. I don't think I'll ever say those words even to my closest friends lol

Panda hug!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 20, 2014 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
Very cute episode :)
Dec 18, 2014 1:23 AM

Sep 2014
Why is this series so well-written? An hour long episode felt like it was only 5 minutes. O_O

Other than Kanako's creepiness, this episode was just TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!!!!!

There has to be a point when subtext is no longer considered subtext, right? Every YumixSachiko moment in this episode was so romantic, cute, and sweet. Especially this...

"Even if we were in a soundless, pitch-black world, if you were there, I would know immediately. Let’s assume that you were involved in some great calamity. At the hospital they brought you to, even if there were a thousand people lying in bed, wrapped head-to-toe in bandages like Egyptian mummies, I would unmistakably be able to find you on my first try."

"Oneesama...I couldn't find any greater happiness than this."

And that panda scene was just too adorable. Sachiko kind of annoyed me last season, but I love her now. She really can't live without Yumi. So cute. <3

xchee said:

"I love everything about you: your hair, your face, your voice, your fingertips. But it wasn't your outside appearance that inspired my love for you. It was your heart which shapes the rest of you."

Oh my, Sachiko :D! *heart explodes* You don't need to be wearing yuri goggles to see what's happening here. I don't think I'll ever say those words even to my closest friends lol

Right???
Jan 23, 2015 10:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Looks like Kanako's expectations didn't go as planned. Judging someone by appearance was a mistake she made, and Sachiko proved her wrong big time.

Loved the sports festival. The climbing lol

Aug 7, 2015 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
What was the point of the Roses being on the scaffolds? They weren't even asking any questions they were just sitting there.

Not a bad episode though, not as good as the first one and a little too over the top for me but enjoyable nonetheless.
Jul 19, 2017 8:10 AM
Aug 2014
Yumi is certainly magnanimous; don't think I'd be as forgiving after being gagged, blindfolded, tied up and stuffed in a box.
Jan 6, 2022 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
Rei telling Sachiko was drooling, and Sachiko coming right in, lol.. Timing.. ;P
Mystery Novel Society writing on the candy?.. I think I heard it somewhere already..
lol, barbaric men climbing.. ;P
Wtf?.. Kidnapping?.. Wtf?.. ;o
It seems that Sachiko's cousin rightfully gave some slaps to those kidnappers.. Well, for real, just wtf.. Even if it'd be the person they thought it'd be, what if that person would have important things to do in this hard time of festival?.. Not poggers..
Apr 4, 2022 5:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Now that was a spicy episode, first we’re introduced to Kanako, who’s very fixated on Yumi and follows her around like a stalker, I really enjoyed the bit where Yumi went out with Kashiwagi to see how she would react lol, and I absolutely loved seeing Sei again. Later when they confronted each other it got extremely saucy, Kanako has a hatred of men and has a certain image of Yumi that she wasn’t meeting, and after Sachiko came in and told Kanako how it is very bluntly, we had a very nice moment between the two of them which was expanded upon near the end of the episode.

I definitely like Kanako but that was a rough intro for her, I loved it tho. And the Hanadera school festival ended up being wild as well, all was going well with some funny moments sprinkled in, like Sachiko’s reaction to all the men trying to reach her lol, until Yumi was kidnapped by the mystery novel club due to her looking like her brother in the Hanadera uniform. Thanks to Kashiwagi letting her escape unnoticed by anyone in the panda outfit (and I only realized as I was writing this that Kashiwagi was the panda from earlier lol), she was able to return to Sachiko safe and sound, and Sachiko being able to pick her out even in that outfit was a nice touch, a lot of things came full circle in this episode.

That was another great episode from this 3rd Season, definitely seemed like the most intense as well, but I really enjoyed it, also nice new ED this time, tho I think I preferred the previous one.
Apr 21, 2022 9:00 PM

Jun 2014
Kanako seems to be a bit controlling and possessive, and still cannot see why Yumi doesn't behave a certain way. Will Kanako ever grow up, and understand that people are not going to behave exactly as she wants? Granted, I'm not perfect myself, so I sort of understand Kanako in a way, but I can also understand how it's a bit crazy.

When Sachiko hugged Yumi in the panda costume, the first thing that came to my mind was, "Does anyone else know that Yumi is in the costume?" Because if not, this is going to be the talk of both schools for a while, lol.

Feb 23, 2023 5:56 AM

Aug 2021
omfg what is this show
why were they forgiven
why forgive kidnappers
fuck them what the hell
they didnt deserve it
i literally dont understand how can this show go so downhill seriously every single ep in this ova pisses me off

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 2 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

14 by Yinkie66 »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:36 PM

» the last episode

Roncha - Sep 3, 2008

1 by Rouqerd »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 1 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

18 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 18, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 5 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

20 by jenkitsune »»
Aug 20, 2022 8:37 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 4 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

15 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 22, 2022 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.