Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2013 12:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, seems like Alibaba always gets the attention of uh..strange looking chicks. Anyways, I liked the latest episode. Oh silly Morgania:

Seems like Al-Thamen is starting to make their moves again. I found some of the designs of the creatures in this episode to be a little strange. I guess it fits within the fantasy theme. Oh silly Pisti.

I guess the arc started this episode and I'm enjoying it so far.
Feb 24, 2013 5:11 AM
Sep 2010
Is we weren't sure the anime will have a anime only ending this episode pretty much confirmed it.Probably the most disappointing episode in the history of anime for me.Rushed ,skipped relevant content,skipped character development,fucked up the time-line,everything that they could do wrong they did in this episode.And the person in charge of the soundtracks should be fired 1-2 song actually fit the anime the rest are random and added at random moments.
Feb 24, 2013 5:44 AM

May 2008
Utterly disappointed. The episode started out quite well but then they met with Hakuryuu and the whole episode went to a direction I didn't want to see. Alibaba is a total wimp compared to the manga but I don't think it's Yuki Kaji's fault. It's the script and the direction that be blamed.
At least Dunya looks beautiful~
sayamiFeb 24, 2013 5:51 AM
Feb 24, 2013 5:48 AM

Aug 2009
Well... Since it highly suggest that there won't be many episodes left of the series some re-arrangement had to be done to the story (the change is the whole deal with Issnan, which in turn alters the relationship between Alibaba and Hakuryuu). I still liked the episode, a little disappointed, but I can still enjoy it. We're now onto an adventure in a new dungeon and it's something to look forward to.

I'll comment on the episode again once the subs are out.
mikadocsFeb 24, 2013 6:37 AM
Feb 24, 2013 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
They could have ended at the point the group split to become stronger in the manga.Meh, I'm sure there'll be some reboot of the anime VERY soon.
Feb 24, 2013 6:07 AM

Feb 2011
A decent episode this was, kind of disappointing. Next episode is the Zagan arc, this'll be fun! I hope they don't cram this arc into 2 episodes like the previous dungeon arc, even though I can totally see that happening.

Perhaps a anime only ending is inevitable now.. so long as they don't disappoint me too much though I'll be content. Still saddens me.. oh well.
solazoraFeb 24, 2013 2:50 PM
Feb 24, 2013 6:18 AM

Jan 2011
My gosh, so this is the result of Magi's anime adaption that is supposed to celebrate/mark Shogakukan's 90th anniversary. I can't believe it's because of budget problem. Why did they have to choose those members in charge of Magi?

Agreed with sayami. Alibaba in manga is so nice and generous, one of his best traits.. And happily accepted Hakuryuu but here? He even doubted himself -.-
Hope it'll have a reboot after manga end.
Feb 24, 2013 6:56 AM

Apr 2012
wtf alibaba and sinbad supposed to heal before hakuryuu's djinn arc duh. they really fucked up story line.
Feb 24, 2013 6:59 AM

Aug 2012
Dissapointed. They cut out the Balbadd kingdom's former king part and they reveal the part with Sinbad and Alibaba too early.
Feb 24, 2013 7:02 AM

Jan 2013
WTF, They changed the storyline. The part with sinbad and Alibaba was revealed too early.

I hope for a remake soon.
Feb 24, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2011
EsPwnage said:
They could have ended at the point the group split to become stronger in the manga.Meh, I'm sure there'll be some reboot of the anime VERY soon.

Lol @ everyone thinking that there will be a reboot, unlikely. Tell that to other animes that deserve reboots. You don't see it happening. It hardly happen, EVER.
Feb 24, 2013 7:49 AM
Mar 2012
Tyrel said:
EsPwnage said:

Lol @ everyone thinking that there will be a reboot, unlikely. Tell that to other animes that deserve reboots. You don't see it happening. It hardly happen, EVER.

yeah, a lot of shonen suffered from a shitty anime staff and were cast away, this is nothing new
Feb 24, 2013 9:34 AM
Sep 2012
solazora said:
I'll never understand the logic of anime producers desiring to change content from a successful masterpiece. >>

They were not expecting this to be a huge hit and it seems the anime-only fans are quite happy with the show. Too bad for those have read the manga. Aniplex only cares for the anime anyway. But I still have faith!!

Also Magi's animation still remains last priority for the studio.
Feb 24, 2013 9:57 AM

Feb 2011
bippo said:
solazora said:
I'll never understand the logic of anime producers desiring to change content from a successful masterpiece. >>

They were not expecting this to be a huge hit and it seems the anime-only fans are quite happy with the show. Too bad for those have read the manga. Aniplex only cares for the anime anyway. But I still have faith!!

Also Magi's animation still remains last priority for the studio.

I've read the manga, and I enjoy watching Magi. And I do still have some faith the anime will be good. Its just I don't understand why some anime producers will change content/storyline (except for budget problems, which I just found is the case), but still. >>

Either way, so long as they make an anime only ending that is satisfactory, I won't have any problems with the anime and my rating of it won't change. Regardless, Magi is (thus far) one of my favorite anime.
Feb 24, 2013 10:22 AM

Apr 2008
My defense of the anime had started to waver since they changed the snake bite to Alibaba. But this episode pretty much killed every reason to defend it anymore. They were better off ending everything after Balbadd instead of pulling these cuts.
Feb 24, 2013 12:00 PM

Jun 2011
Only 5 or 6 episodes left(?)
Looks like the Ao no Exorcist tragic might happen again(?)
Feb 24, 2013 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
Well, the episode seemed fine to me... as a person who has not read the manga. But from what I'm hearing, A-1 butchered this badly.
Feb 24, 2013 2:59 PM

Feb 2011
Shih said:

Where was that mentioned? 5 or 6 episodes left... hmm...

My hopes, and I don't care how much of a pipe dream this may sound, but it would be nice if they closed this off after the Zagan arc and picked up with another season once they have more of a budget, plus, material from the manga to go on.
solazoraFeb 24, 2013 3:02 PM
Feb 24, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2011
solazora said:
Shih said:

It's just speculation. If I remember correct, there was a discussion in previous episode discussion about Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 is going to take the TV time slot in April.
Now it looks like it's going to have a alternative ending, so I assume that Magi is ending soon. But of course, I could be wrong.
Feb 24, 2013 4:53 PM

Feb 2011
Shih said:
solazora said:
Shih said:

It's just speculation. If I remember correct, there was a discussion in previous episode discussion about Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 is going to take the TV time slot in April.
Now it looks like it's going to have a alternative ending, so I assume that Magi is ending soon. But of course, I could be wrong.

Oh I see. Yeah I heard about that.
Hopefully it is just going on a break. Well, we will soon see I guess. c:
Feb 24, 2013 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
solazora said:
Shih said:
solazora said:
Shih said:

why would they rush the whole manga in 25 episodes when its popular

lol
Feb 25, 2013 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Well, the episode seemed fine to me... as a person who has not read the manga. But from what I'm hearing, A-1 butchered this badly.

It was doing great until the Sindria arc. Then they properly butchered it since it looks like it'll be ending in a month or so. I'm most disappointed at how they skipped the fat Alladin/Alibaba since it was pretty funny in the manga. But this latest episode.....yeah they really went all in on this.
Feb 25, 2013 12:48 AM

May 2010
great episode 5/5
#didnt read the manga. fuck yeah.
Feb 25, 2013 12:54 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AceFlonne said:
Dissapointed. They cut out the Balbadd kingdom's former king part and they reveal the part with Sinbad and Alibaba too early.

I know right...well I don't mind it THAT much that they didn't put in the former king's part. It doesn't hurt the anime to not have it, but it would've definitely made it better just because we get to see what happened with the kind and his brother. Having them appear again would show that the author didn't just throw her characters away after she's done with them. But I guess it would too much work because they would have to make up the Toran language in order to have that part :/

Serano said:

I think most of us manga fans would love for that to happen, but it probably won't ever happen, unfortunately. Oh well, the anime seems to be popular anyways.

Complaints aside, this episode was better than last week's, in my opinion. Aladdin is so cute <3 (when he touched Pisti's goodies LOL) I also loved the part where Morgiana used her anklets, and then it resulted in tangling Aladdin and Alibaba XD And loving Hakuryuu, they really chose the right seiyuu for the job. Hm, I'm not sure, but I feel like the Zagan arc is only to going to last 2-3 episodes... :(
Feb 25, 2013 12:54 AM

Aug 2009
I love this arc! *___*

I cant wait for future episodes! <3 <3 <3
Feb 25, 2013 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
tingy said:
AceFlonne said:

I know right...well I don't mind it THAT much that they didn't put in the former king's part. It doesn't hurt the anime to not have it, but it would've definitely made it better just because we get to see what happened with the kind and his brother. Having them appear again would show that the author didn't just throw her characters away after she's done with them. But I guess it would too much work because they would have to make up the Toran language in order to have that part :/

Serano said:

I think most of us manga fans would love for that to happen, but it probably won't ever happen, unfortunately. Oh well, the anime seems to be popular anyways.

Complaints aside, this episode was better than last week's, in my opinion. Aladdin is so cute <3 (when he touched Pisti's goodies LOL) I also loved the part where Morgiana used her anklets, and then it resulted in tangling Aladdin and Alibaba XD And loving Hakuryuu, they really chose the right seiyuu for the job. Hm, I'm not sure, but I feel like the Zagan arc is only to going to last 2-3 episodes... :(

1 arc 2/3 episodes? wtf
Feb 25, 2013 1:20 AM

Feb 2010
Kerozinn said:
#didnt read the manga. fuck yeah.

Same, and I didn't think this episode was bad. Whatever.. looking forward to the dungeon!

cure Sinbad... asap! ;-;
Feb 25, 2013 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
What the **** did I just watch?
Magi deserves a remake.
Manga>Anime
Alibaba is a different person here.
ernstFeb 25, 2013 2:00 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Feb 25, 2013 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
Just disgusting to watch.
The story line is totally ruined.
They should have never animated this arch if they don't got the budget.
Feb 25, 2013 1:38 AM

Nov 2011
If people can stop complaining on how the anime isn't faithful to the manga it would be great. This is nothing new.

Not a bad episode for me. Sure, they changes stuff but it can't be helped. They are short on budget. I just hope they will make the ending acceptable.

Feb 25, 2013 1:40 AM

Apr 2009
KaiserNazrin said:
If people can stop complaining on how the anime isn't faithful to the manga it would be great. This is nothing new.

Not a bad episode for me. Sure, they changes stuff but it can't be helped. They are short on budget. I just hope they will make the ending acceptable.

there ending the whole anime in the next 5 episodeS?
Feb 25, 2013 2:01 AM
Feb 2013
Total garbage... Animation quality in this episode was a new low.. Felt like it was rushed to hell and never came back.

This is one of the only shows that I liked this season and the last 3 episodes basically killed it for me.. Animation quality just went up in smoke, from what I hear the show is decently popular in japan why did they cut its budget like crazy?

Story has basically gone nowhere.. Character development was looking super promising the first 8 or so episodes and just stopped developing at that point. The flow feels like it goes in spurts.. the music director should be fired for this AWFUL soundtrack..
Feb 25, 2013 3:05 AM

Dec 2011
nice ep..

damn it... why alibaba??!? :( why did he have to be bitten by that rotten snake and got injected with black rukh. f*ck..................
Feb 25, 2013 3:41 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode although different from the manga. Still enjoy it cause i watch the anime first and then read the manga @_@
Feb 25, 2013 4:24 AM

Apr 2009
myanime1 said:
What the.... shit!... seriously a1? But i'm glad they didn't slaughter fairy tail animation like this one... but yeah, the anime under a1 was shit... well.. even fairy tail, SAO... and even MAGI?

soa,ft are amazing animated wtf
Feb 25, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2012
Rushed episode. They basically cut the part where Alibaba would meet ahbmad and the other prince.

While i still enjoyed this episode, it's obvious that A1 is not that much faithful in this adaptation. I would probably just judge this shit by it's own merits without comparing to the manga.
Feb 25, 2013 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
tingy said:
AceFlonne said:

Serano said:

never say never to remakes they did for fma

if this series was rushed maybe they done it to test the waters who knows they could make more money if it lasted longer
Feb 25, 2013 4:30 AM

Nov 2011
What the hell was up with all the Meme faces, atleast use an anime one like this >.<

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 25, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
Zee530 said:
What the hell was up with all the Meme faces, atleast use an anime one like this >.<

i found them funny
Feb 25, 2013 4:49 AM

May 2010
why so much hate...
Feb 25, 2013 4:52 AM

Apr 2008
ahmed_great2005 said:
why so much hate...
It's hate mixed with disappointment.
Feb 25, 2013 5:08 AM

Mar 2011
I think it was fine....
Can understand the disappointment because they changed some stuffs, but some of the complaints here seems exaggerating
Feb 25, 2013 5:20 AM

Jun 2010
Sigh. I'm not even that surprised and disappointed. I mean, its obvious that A-1 won't do anything but to fuck up this series more.

On a serious note, I hope this is the last popular series A-1 shits upon. They should just make five versions of Vividred Operation per season to satisfy their needs.
Feb 25, 2013 5:47 AM

Feb 2011
Calumz said:
solazora said:
Shih said:
solazora said:
Shih said:

why would they rush the whole manga in 25 episodes when its popular

lol

No one said they may rush the whole manga into a 25 episode adaption. That's impossible. And popularity doesn't exactly deem the outcome of a show's duration. Whether or not they have the budget for it, there are still anime companies that make changes to adaptions. There are some good, popular manga out there that have short anime adaptions; too short to contain the entire story and they settle for an anime exclusive ending. Besides... Magi, the manga, is still ongoing and doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. If no fillers will be included to ensure a similar ending in the long run, then ending the anime with its own ending separate from what the manga will intend, is what happens a lot with some anime and it is a possibility here, but we don't know yet! We'll just have to wait and see what happens to the anime of Magi by the time its TV time slot is taken up by Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 come April.
Feb 25, 2013 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
Since I've already accepted that its pretty butchered I won't comment on that, but I'm not feeling any suspense at all in this, it feels like they're just going through the motions. I did enjoy watching Pisti though.
Feb 25, 2013 6:09 AM

Feb 2012
Yeaaah man!! Another dungeon!! And a new mysterious character is yet to be revealed! Can't wait for next week :)
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 25, 2013 6:51 AM
Sep 2012
well this episode pretty much confirms that magi will get anime only ending and that´s just a shame because it deserved more
Feb 25, 2013 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
it seems like the animation quality has improved. or did i just imagine that?
and the music was great. last week it was just distracting and didn't fit at all, but this week's music was really nice. first of all the dramatic one when sinbad was getting cursed and then the oriental one when they were talking about the dungeon.

which leads to my second point: finally a new dungeon! and hakuryuu is joining the trio. i'm really excited about the next episode! :)

and i have to admit that i'm kind of glad that i haven't read the manga yet. every week people are complaining how bad the anime gets (and just look at the poll, woah ôo) and how much they skipped and yes, a lot of parts felt rushed, even for me, but i'm still enjoying it because i don't know about the manga.

and i can't imagine magi as a short show. even though i haven't read the manga (as i just mentioned), i feel that it has a lot of potential. i really hope for more seasons (and i think it's not very unlikely because the anime seems to be popular).
Feb 25, 2013 7:32 AM

Oct 2011
Mixed feelings with this episode as everyone stated.
Feb 25, 2013 7:49 AM

May 2012
I didn't read the manga but what are the changes they made ? I mean are the changes they made make it impossible for anime to cover the manga in the future ?

I hope that they continue this anime after episode 24
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.