Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2013 1:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Not bad for the start of this new arc imo :P

I guess this involves an adventure across the sea? Heh, it looks like it to me. Dat water dragon. Nice to meet some other new characters as well. They look pretty damn strong imo.

Morgania also looks great this episode with her dance. Nice :3
Feb 10, 2013 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
Morgania finally dances !!!

And Aladdin is finally back to fondling breasts!! Cool !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 10, 2013 3:22 AM

Jan 2011
Morgiana is so cute in her dress *o* and her dancing is lovely <3

Feb 10, 2013 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
Why didn't they show the part where Morgiana got jealous when Alibaba praises other women pretty.. I don't think that's a small or useless part as it shows Morgiana's feeling towards Alibaba.
And why did Alibaba got bitten by snake? Like how Hakuryuu will be bitten by snake in Zagan Arc. If it's the same snake (which is Isnan), what are they trying to do about this? Are they going to diverge the plot?
Even if it's not the same snake, what is the use of Alibaba getting bitten by a snake. They put in that useless part instead of the part where Morgiana got jealous?
Feb 10, 2013 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
Aladdin: What dance is that?
My thought exactly
Feb 10, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
^lol

Decent episode, best part was Yamuraiha!
Feb 10, 2013 12:32 PM

Feb 2011
Nice way to kick off the Sindria arc, great episode!
Considering what was shown near the end of the credits, we will be seeing the Kougyoku/Sinbad bit in the next episode. Haha, yes!
Feb 10, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
Heh, this was a fun episode to watch. Best part was Morgiana dancing the night away. Oh and Aladdin diving into boobs once again, lol.
Feb 10, 2013 3:25 PM

Apr 2011
I loved this episode, but why is princess angry with Sinbad ? Haveing dilema: Did he do something bad or is she just manipulated ? :/ Hope to see that soon.

Ofc aladdin was adorable again, OPAI. And loved when morgiana was showing some feelings :D
Feb 10, 2013 3:27 PM

May 2012
too rush 1ep=6ch.. they might end it in 25 ep
.. they remove lots of funny scene but mor saves the day.

Feb 10, 2013 3:34 PM

May 2011
Sindria arc is here~!

LOL @ Aladdin usual habit towards boobs.

Morgiana's beauty is EPIC WIN!!
Feb 10, 2013 3:46 PM

Jun 2011
That dance was missing quite a few frames they tried to make it look fluid on the cheap but it just looked jerky. I was really looking forward to that dance i still remember it from the manga they even put it in their opening. I thought when the dancing started this would be where they would put the budget for this episode since they had been trying to avoid animating anything at all with all the back of the damn head shots and still screens. I swear to god A1 animation gets cheaper and even more shit with each show unless it is Vividred Operation apparently, hell even Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru gets better treatment than this, i am sick of their crappy animation/non animation.

Wtf was with the snake as well thats is not supposed to be there go bite Hakuryuu like your freaking meant to, just stick to the manga it is what works. Like hokaru said i wished they left in Alibaba complimenting other girls as well it lets us see Morgiana's cute jealousy and further shows her feelings towards Alibaba.

edit - Also yes like some people posted below me and i forgot to say, where is my fat Alibaba and fat Aladdin that part of the manga cracked me up. If you want to see what they looked like in the manga go look at parfaited's profile he put screens of them on his lol.
DragoonDeusFeb 10, 2013 4:47 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 10, 2013 3:52 PM

May 2012
Slicer22 said:
That dance was missing quite a few frames they tried to make it look fluid on the cheap but it just looked jerky. I was really looking forward to that dance i still remember it from the manga they even put it in their opening. I thought when the dancing started this would be they would put the budget for this episode since they tried to be avoiding animating anything at all with all the back of the damn head shots and still screens. I swear to god A1 animation gets cheaper and even more shit with each show unless it is Vividred Operation apparently, hell even Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru gets better treatment than this, i am sick of their crappy animation/non animation.

Wtf was with the snake as well thats is not supposed to be there go bite Hakuryuu like your freaking meant to, just stick to the manga it is what works. Like hokaru said i wished they left in Alibaba complimenting other girls as well it lets us see Morgiana's cute jealousy and further shows her feelings towards Alibaba.

i know right!! the ep makes me so mad.. its completely off from the manga.. the animation too is boring.. and i was shock with that snake bite what are they gonna do with that(chop alibabas hand? lols)?

Feb 10, 2013 4:04 PM
Aug 2011
What a hot mess leaning more towards mess than hot.

If complaining hurts your eyes just glaze over everything in italics.

They've skipped some of the funniest panels ever (R.I.P curvacious Aladdin) and they've done something funky with that leftover snake. (It bit Alibaba? WHAT)
Don't get me wrong I'm not completely against cutting away the "non-important" parts. The thing is that those parts add up and without them you end up with mostly 1-dimensional characters as we have here.
-Alibaba being a major muss who does nothing but cry when in reality he's just a Fatbaba who actually spends some time not giving a crap.
-Aladdin still likes boobs but he's quirky beyond that. Not just a little boob liking Magi with a blue genie who did everything for him.

Ok whatever. It's my fault for wanting to see some light comedy that add more likeable qualities to a character. Dissapointing.
I think that for once I'm glad that I don't read too much manga cause sitting here picking this stuff out is not fun but it's hard not to nitpick.

The highlights:

-The 8 generals
-animated and talking Sharrkan. Cocoa sexiness ahoy and I can't deny I proceeded to gasm all over the place.

-animated and talking Yamu. Stunning queen goddess and yes, I gasmed all over once again.
Some people were mad that Yamu helped Sharrkan take down the serpent but I ain't mad because this is my OTP. Thanks for the extra ship material.

-Even with shit cut out Morgiana is still adorable. Can't hold her down!
Feb 10, 2013 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
this was a really nice episode. not a lot was happening and maybe it was too rushed, but that's okay for me. i truly enjoyed this episode and that's a bit... weird because during the last episodes there were always things that bothered me.

i know that everyone loves morgiana, but i never really cared that much about her. but this episode makes me look forward to yamu and maybe i'll finally find a female character in that show that i like. let's see.
and aladdin, i totally understand you. those boobs are so nice.

i also thought that sharrkan's pretty interesting. the way he just slaughtered that water monster made me really laugh :D

i don't know much about the other six characters yet, but they definitely looked interesting as well.

as i said: maybe they changed the scenery a bit too quickly, but i can live with that (especially because i can't compare it with the manga). so i liked it, surprisingly. yeah.

edit (because i just read about the dance):
yes, the dance animation looked awful. i don't even know what they were trying to do there. it could have been a really nice scene, but the animation totally ruined it.
HaibaraFeb 10, 2013 4:21 PM
Feb 10, 2013 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, morgiana is one hell of a dancer
Feb 10, 2013 4:31 PM

Apr 2010
It was a pretty good episode
However I'm sad they didn't put the part with

Feb 10, 2013 4:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
parfaited said:

They've skipped some of the funniest panels ever (R.I.P curvacious Aladdin) and they've done something funky with that leftover snake. (It bit Alibaba? WHAT)
Don't get me wrong I'm not completely against cutting away the "non-important" parts. The thing is that those parts add up and without them you end up with mostly 1-dimensional characters as we have here.

Yeah sucks that decided to condense so much into one episode AND cut a bunch of stuff out that was in the manga. I was looking forward to see fat Alibaba and Aladdin (and also Sinbad's reaction to them), because it's just so hilarious. I think it would've made this episode far more interesting with it than without. This episode was honestly just a tad boring and really could've used some comedy (or more comedy). I also agree that Morgiana's dancing was a little jerky, they could've animated it better. Although I don't really care about the dancing, I just felt that they could've animated it (and other things) better. I think I've complained about it for the last two weeks, but A-1, I am disappointed in the lack of quality in your animation sometimes.

Still, it was nice to all 8 generals and I enjoyed watching the festival part. Seems like a lot of fun ^^
Feb 10, 2013 4:43 PM

Feb 2012
Hella yes, the 8 Generals are beast, I've been waiting to see them.

Loved the episode, also the end, HE's coming to town. :D
Feb 10, 2013 5:03 PM

Aug 2011
LOL dat dance animation. It was like 2 frames per second. Cute ep though.
Feb 10, 2013 5:05 PM
Sep 2012
Morgiana looked great in that outfit and her dance was alluring. She also looked so cute when she blushed like that after Alladin and Alibaba complimented her on how gorgeous she looked.

LOL @ that Kou princess being pissed like that. I guess Sinbad stood her up.
Feb 10, 2013 5:21 PM
Jun 2011
So disappointed that they didn't show fat Alibaba and obese Aladdin!
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

Feb 10, 2013 5:24 PM
Sep 2011
Wait... Morgiana is in love with Alibaba?! O__0
Feb 10, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2011
deave112 said:

Of course this is when she fell in love with him

lol but really she has developed feelings for him, he has done alot for her such as freeing her and all the slaves back in the first arc and giving them jobs and using the treasure from the dungeon to set up their wages after he left, he has also supported her and tried to make her think for herself and not like a slave just as Morgiana supported him as well. She also saw his kind and compassionate side, how he cares for the people and how he puts himself out there without giving up. The are many reasons for why her feelings for him grew the manga does a better job of showing it.

Moderator Edit: Large image was placed under a spoiler tag.
Suzune-chanFeb 10, 2013 5:35 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Feb 10, 2013 5:38 PM
Sep 2011
Slicer22 said:
deave112 said:

lol but really she has developed feelings for him, he has done alot for her such as freeing her and all the slaves back in the first arc and giving them jobs and using the treasure from the dungeon to set up their wages after he left, he has also supported her and tried to make her think for herself and not like a slave just as Morgiana supported him as well. She also saw his kind and compassionate side, how he cares for the people and how he puts himself out there without giving up. The are many reasons for why her feelings for him grew the manga does a better job of showing it.

But i'm guessing nothing will ever actually happen between the two of them am I right?
Feb 10, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
I liked the ep, but as others have said above, I'm disappointed by some of the changes from the manga...
Also, I was looking forward to seeing how Mor's dance would look animated, but I didn't like how they did it >.<
On another note, I like Yamuraiha's VA ^^
Morikubo-san fits for Sharrkan too.

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Feb 10, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2009
I really don't understand why animes try to change certain plot points from the Manga, when the anime is so far behind that they already know the reasoning behind the points.
Feb 10, 2013 6:07 PM
Sep 2012
Plot changes... I wish that never happens, the manga is so awesome, I can't accept changes x.x
Feb 10, 2013 6:12 PM
Jan 2013
Damn. .
Feb 10, 2013 6:14 PM

Mar 2010
All y'all talking about the manga differences are making me wanna go read it..

Any who, liked the episode regardless. Big dragon guy with beautiful wife. -Gigantic- dude with kids. So out there, haha.
Feb 10, 2013 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
They sure are rushing it. I don't think Alibaba getting bite by the snake will change much thing but we'll see.

Feb 10, 2013 6:22 PM

Feb 2008
They forgot fat alibaba & fat aladdin
but why
it would only make it so the episode would end around when Morgiana started dancing
and the animation looked a bit jumpy
are they low budget right now? Please tell me they're not low budget ;o;
I WILL BUY STUFF
Feb 10, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
I think they broke Mor..

Feb 10, 2013 6:24 PM

Oct 2012
TsukiKarui said:
I think they broke Mor..

Dancing while keeping all of your fingers straight, especially the pinky, what a bitch!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 10, 2013 6:24 PM
Nov 2012
deave112 said:
Slicer22 said:
deave112 said:

But i'm guessing nothing will ever actually happen between the two of them am I right?

Nobody is sure, since Aladdin doesn't show romantics feelings for her and another young man will grow feelings for her, check the manga :)

But they still make a perfect couple, just think about it.
Feb 10, 2013 6:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay episode I guess, except they really seem to be rushing things. I'm kinda bummed they skipped some things from the manga such as..........

"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 10, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2011
GateLambda said:

Nobody is sure, since Aladdin doesn't show romantics feelings for her and another young man will grow feelings for her, check the manga :)

But they still make a perfect couple, just think about it.

I think you mean Alibaba

Tavor said:
TsukiKarui said:
I think they broke Mor..

Dancing while keeping all of your fingers straight, especially the pinky, what a bitch!

I think you should take a closer look at her look extended arm her messed up mangled finger or just the picture as a whole
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Feb 10, 2013 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
I really liked this episode. Morgiana training with Masrur was so cool, even if it was only for a few seconds. Sindria looks like such a wonderful place to be in. Sinbad's eight generals all look badass. LOL @ Aladdin running up to Yamuraiha and gropping her breasts and soon-after got steamed. xD It was awesome to see Sharrkan slice up that monster in pieces. Morgiana is so damn cute. Loved it when she started dancing. Morgiana X Alibaba pair confirmed? :D
LOL @ Princess Kougyoku getting really pissed. Kana's rage voice ftw!
Feb 10, 2013 6:33 PM
Jan 2013
I have a questioN, why do they have to squeeze the 6 chapter into 1 episodE?
Feb 10, 2013 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
Slicer22 said:
I think you should take a closer look at her look extended arm her messed up mangled finger or just the picture as a whole

I was focused on the mangled finger, but didn't notice the arm itself! Holy shit, way to go A-1! XD

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 10, 2013 6:37 PM

Jun 2008
Best Magi ep in a while.

<3 Morgiana so much. If only A-1 could animate worth a damn.
Feb 10, 2013 6:38 PM
Oct 2010
The budget is running out D:
Feb 10, 2013 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
Slicer22 said:

Tavor said:
TsukiKarui said:
I think they broke Mor..

wow. whoever animated this doesn't even deserve a "you tried" star.
(but thanks for pointing it out you because now i can't stop laughing :D)
Feb 10, 2013 6:40 PM

Oct 2007
Severely disappointed with this episode. What the hell have they done to FattyBaba and Fatdin? And Sinbad's humour? And the fact that that snake is meant to bite Hakuryuu, and Alibaba leaves Balbadd of his own free will instead of being taken by force? I give up!

And that animation, dear lord above.

At least Yamuraiha and Sharrkan are here at last ♥
Feb 10, 2013 6:49 PM

Oct 2011
The animation -.- I shall go read the manga now
Feb 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
morgiana has class changed to an dancer!(TO much fire emblem this week)

i liked it been waiting all seeson to see the rest of the generals Sinbad really has a diversity group of people

but it's funny how a majority of the events of the OP all happened in one episode lol
Feb 10, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2011
OS_Christina706 said:
The animation -.- I shall go read the manga now

Good choice you wont regret it the manga is just all round better and the art is better as well.

A good example i pulled off one of the old episode forum posts
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Feb 10, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2010
MORRRrrr ♥
Feb 10, 2013 7:15 PM
Feb 10, 2013 7:16 PM
Sep 2012
A-1 fucked up on some SAO animations, and now Magi is getting the same treatment. Nice consistency A-1. Don't do this to magi A-1, doing it on SSY is enough.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.