Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2008 12:31 AM

Nov 2008
The subtitles are in! Enjoy your wish coming through!
http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=174826

BTW the coal guys apparently got the message so they removed the karaoke completely. Better than that crap in #8.
Sleep well after this! I did! A good healthy 8~9 HOURS! :D
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have never shed tears T_T this much since first seeing Clannad but I did not feel sad during this. Knowing what that sensei did, my tears were tears of happiness because that SOB piece of ***** (will not even go any further as the hate is too much) is finally DEAD! That's right! He is burned by the catholic fires of hell's punishment.

In Japanese they call it Ten Batsu! T_T Finally I am able to sleep well tonight after finishing this.

So Amamiya sensei's trigger was a portrait of Yuuko by Yuu. Well finally someone pushed the magical button! :D Great since the sensei beat up a lot Yuu and before that slapped Yuuko+Pushed into the wall Yuuko+Made her most likely emotionally enough disturbed to cut herself+hugs her to show affection (affection my *** more like advantge of playing with ones emotions), I think that is enough. I was at the edge of my seat during the whole scene of Yuuko being abused by sensei.

The film part was a nice art touch. Nagi confrontation of Yuuko was also nice, especially during her running in front of Yuuko to confront her about Yuu.

The sensei painting like a maniac made me scared. I was also wondering where the hell is Yuu's steel pipe he was using in #7. Just one shift blow to the head would have ended things well. ;)

In any case really happy about the first part cause the sensei is dead!

The second part I hated cause Kuze is not stopping his bitching about the disease. Just stop the bitching about the disease and take the meds. After live on and not to worry about the disease that makes it way worst.

Finally I hope Mizuki
also finds great happiness.

Finally a question to all: What is the meaning behind the sudden saying of something we cannot hear of present Himura to Mizuki once she mentions the statue being Yuuko Amamiya? Please do not tell me Yuu cemented into a statue Yuuko because of something of the past.

1.Glad the SOB sensei is dead and burned to death. I had much hatred and now it is gone thanks to him being dead! T_T+^_^
2.I wonder what awaits Mizuki and Kuze on the rooftop? A happy first time? Would be nice memories to Kuze. I would know because I am virgin still waiting for such a time, just click on my signature banner it's there.

BTW very nice to see Kei and Chihiro once again. Wonder why Kei gives her key also? I though making a long review is the least such a nice series deserves although I have to study! Arrrrgh! Ok see you!

After subtitles thoughts.

I though it was the stupiest reason to think for Amamiya sensei that the whole reason of his abuse is the blaming of the earthquake and the death of his sister, which somehow looks like Yuuko to him.

So Yuu drew his sister and that looked like the sensei's sister which would probably about the same should Yuu have drawn Yuuko instead since Yuuko looks like sensei's sister anyways. BTW I understand Yuuko about hurting herself but that's not the way. I know I do it too but that's my problem. Hurting yourself might be solution to painful feelings but the scars will not go away.

Kuze really has to think like this:
Kuze said:
I want to live therefore what can I do to make my life longer? Taking the meds should be #1 because I am aware of what I have. The second is to be close to my friends. The third thing that I must change is to Love someone and not only have them love me without returning it.

I think those changes would be good for Kuze, let's see if it is going to be so in #10 since now the envelope seems to be something written but with THE KEY to Otowa's Academy rooftop.

This disturbed me and I find no logic even if for the personal reasons to such a beautiful person like Yuuko to hurt herself like that. Yuuko...T_T

slayer545-samaDec 3, 2008 7:28 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 2, 2008 7:37 AM
Sep 2008
A WAAAAAH you've watched it already? DANG, i hope it comes out soon. but it seems that the mystery of Yuuko hasn't been revealed so yes, finally I can calm the **** down and chill till next week. HAHA I'm so excited, a lot of my friends never got past the first season of Ef and I can't understand why! i've got to say that this is one of my favorite animes of all time haha. too bad it has to end so soon though.
Dec 2, 2008 9:36 AM

Jan 2008
Yuuko's brother says "あいつは俺と同じだ" about Himura, but I'm still not sure why he thinks that..and then he goes batshit insane when he sees the sketch. I don't know, I feel kind of bad for his death, but then again, not really.

Wait..hold on..after seeing the preview for next week, it seems like Mizuki knows Yuuko. How??
sniWDec 2, 2008 9:46 AM
Dec 2, 2008 10:26 AM

Nov 2008
Pete_CG said:
Yuuko's brother says "あいつは俺と同じだ" about Himura, but I'm still not sure why he thinks that..and then he goes batshit insane when he sees the sketch. I don't know, I feel kind of bad for his death, but then again, not really.

Wait..hold on..after seeing the preview for next week, it seems like Mizuki knows Yuuko. How??

Hi Pete_CG! IN answer to your question: most likely the only answer we have is that Mizuki knew Yuuko Amamiya. It is not certain how but most likely either relatives told her or certain old friends of maybe her family or entourage.

Very shocking indeed made me go as far as me assuming this: "Please do not tell me Yuu cemented into a statue Yuuko because of something of the past. " I know I might be going over the board but why would Mizuki refer the statue as Yuuko or even mention Yuuko in relation to that statue. It was there before with Yuuko yet why would it be referred to Yuuko?

I wonder and could put in romaji what you just wrote in Japanese. I might find something since I have books at home.
Dec 2, 2008 12:44 PM

Jan 2008
Pete_CG said:

(あいつは俺と同じだ=he's the same as me[for slayer]) is probably refering to the fact that they both were at the earthquake site and both lost their little sisters. As you probably already know, Amamiya was angry and envious of the fact that Yuu could have died at the site while Amamiya never had the opportunity.
And yea Amamiya is prolly mindblown and Amamiya thought the sketch that Yuu drew of Yuuko had the face identical to his little sister. I kinda felt pity for the one guy I hated in the series.

slayer545 said:
Pete_CG said:

Hi Pete_CG! IN answer to your question: most likely the only answer we have is that Mizuki knew Yuuko Amamiya. It is not certain how but most likely either relatives told her or certain old friends of maybe her family or entourage.

Very shocking indeed made me go as far as me assuming this: "Please do not tell me Yuu cemented into a statue Yuuko because of something of the past. " I know I might be going over the board but why would Mizuki refer the statue as Yuuko or even mention Yuuko in relation to that statue. It was there before with Yuuko yet why would it be referred to Yuuko?

I wonder and could put in romaji what you just wrote in Japanese. I might find something since I have books at home.

And for Slayer's quote Mizuki knows Yuuko because Yuuko awaits Yuu at the church in the reflected town in Japan(where the 2 meet). I'm pretty sure the 2 main settings are the 2 almost identical cities in Japan and Australia where Yuu is waiting for Yuuko in the AUS church and Yuuko is waiting for Yuu in the JP church. Mizuki probably met Yuuko in the JP church idk, it may have even happened in Tale of Memories and I've forgotten.

Anyone else believe that the Mizuki plot is being pushed off to the side a bit or is iit just because I am more into the Yuu/Yuuko plot?
just-awayDec 2, 2008 1:11 PM
Dec 2, 2008 2:42 PM

Aug 2007
Haven't you seen the picture in the ending of almost every episode? =o Little Mizuki, Yuko and mystery man whose face isn't shown. And Mizuki's from Japan, which is where Yuko is (or at least in spirit), since people like Miyako and Hiro used to see her.

Yu pissed me off more than Amamiya did, heh. We know Amamiya's a jerk, but.. Yu actually releasing her hand to go help him, after abandoning her so many other times now.. he is just making her worse. He needs to redeem himself. =x
Usotsuki. 
Dec 2, 2008 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
Yandere said:
Haven't you seen the picture in the ending of almost every episode? =o Little Mizuki, Yuko and mystery man whose face isn't shown. And Mizuki's from Japan, which is where Yuko is (or at least in spirit), since people like Miyako and Hiro used to see her.

Yu pissed me off more than Amamiya did, heh. We know Amamiya's a jerk, but.. Yu actually releasing her hand to go help him, after abandoning her so many other times now.. he is just making her worse. He needs to redeem himself. =x

Are you sure he let go? I swear you could see Yuko still holding Yuu back even until the black blur out screen. The two were on the right side of the screen and Amamiya was just standing there on the left side in the whole scene. It's harder to see Amamiya on the left side but if you look carefully I'm sure you'll catch the 2 on the right side.
Dec 2, 2008 4:02 PM

Aug 2007
I'm pretty sure that's just because the roof collapsed on Amamiya. He pulled away from her at least twice, to go and help her rapist. D:
Usotsuki. 
Dec 2, 2008 4:25 PM

Nov 2008
Yandere said:
I'm pretty sure that's just because the roof collapsed on Amamiya. He pulled away from her at least twice, to go and help her rapist. D:

Finally I have some time. Yes you are right. He did but I think it was only because he wanted to prove to Amamiya sensei that he was not going to run away even if it was to save that SOB. I think also that Amamiya sensei screwed with his mind in #8 with Yuu running away from his sister.

In the end I hated the fact he would he go save that Amamiya sensei SOB. I also for the first after watching this and writing my post slept 9 healthy hours when I only sleep 5 because of my studies. :P

Icericer said:
Pete_CG said:

(あいつは俺と同じだ=he's the same as me[for slayer]) is probably refering to the fact that they both were at the earthquake site and both lost their little sisters. As you probably already know, Amamiya was angry and envious of the fact that Yuu could have died at the site while Amamiya never had the opportunity.
And yea Amamiya is prolly mindblown and Amamiya thought the sketch that Yuu drew of Yuuko had the face identical to his little sister. I kinda felt pity for the one guy I hated in the series. That actually is what I think went on

slayer545 said:
Pete_CG said:

And for Slayer's quote Mizuki knows Yuuko because Yuuko awaits Yuu at the church in the reflected town in Japan(where the 2 meet). I'm pretty sure the 2 main settings are the 2 almost identical cities in Japan and Australia where Yuu is waiting for Yuuko in the AUS church and Yuuko is waiting for Yuu in the JP church. Mizuki probably met Yuuko in the JP church idk, it may have even happened in Tale of Memories and I've forgotten.
Even that was so the meeting was more spiritual/magical/supernatural. It did not feel Yuuko was there physically at all but I am hoping for some miracle.However she is suicidal so that might be a major problem for Yuu to handle. Remember Amamiya sensei now is gone and so is that place. The other place is where Yuu lives on his own.
Anyone else believe that the Mizuki plot is being pushed off to the side a bit or is iit just because I am more into the Yuu/Yuuko plot?

No, Mizuki's plot is coming along fine in my opinion.
slayer545-samaDec 2, 2008 4:36 PM
Dec 3, 2008 7:00 AM

Jul 2008
wow, some great cliffhangers there. really painful to see how kuze is doing now. but the end surprised me, i wonder why mizuki know yuuko.

Dec 3, 2008 12:15 PM

Jul 2008
Sooo goooodddddddd like always :)

I think I remember Yuuko talking to Mizuki in Ef a tales of memories, but that's maybe just me.

The roof didn't collapsed on Amamiya, it collapsed in mid way of Yu and him, you still saw Amamiya farter after the roof collapse.

A letter of challenge hum, seem like Mizuki remembered the song he played, I guess she want to challenge him to violin, even if she lose I guess that she want to show him that he still have something in his life.

A bit ironic meh:

Mizuku: Someone you don't know
Yu: who?
Mizuku: Amamiya Yuuko

He's probably the dude who know her the most on the planet.

Anyway long life to Ef =3.
Dec 3, 2008 1:29 PM

Dec 2007
Amamiya's death was a little dragged out. After the 2nd cutback i got the point -_-;
that was the only bad thing in this episode. I loved the filmstrip imagery and the parallelism btw Himura and Yuuko.

Kuze/Mizuki's story took an upturn this episode. Kuze is finally starting to face his true feelings and Mizuki understood how to get through to him.

Can't wait to see chibi Mizuki. ^^;;
Dec 3, 2008 9:10 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, I am lost for words. The end just took me for surprise. How does Mizuki know Yuuko?
maxime1007 said:

A bit ironic meh:

Mizuku: Someone you don't know
Yu: who?
Mizuku: Amamiya Yuuko

He's probably the dude who know her the most on the planet.

Anyway long life to Ef =3.

True Dat. I wonder what he said in the end. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 3, 2008 10:26 PM
Oct 2007
Much much much better than the last episode with all the new effects that were implemented so perfectly!!! I loved the filmstrip, the parallelism, the crimson burning fire, that crazily designed blade, the long shadow of Kuze, the masks coming out of the wall, etc.

And what's nice is I can generally expect to see Yuu/Yuuko in the first half and Mizuki/Kuze in the second half. Although there is a lot more emphasis on Yuu/Yuuko, I think it's fair enough since I'm more interested in them. XD

It's a real shocker to find out Mizuki knows Yuuko. I'm quite sure they never had a scene together in the first season. But that cliffhanger is what's getting me so excited for the next episode! I can't wait!

DizzyX said:
A lot of my friends never got past the first season of Ef and I can't understand why!

I understand why, lol! I had the same problem. It took me forever to finish the first season mainly because I find the pacing too slow and there was just too much talking with not enough of a "deep" and "mysterious" aura to drag me in. Also, I was quite annoyed by Miyako and Kei for the first and second half, respectively, which made it worse.
Dec 4, 2008 12:21 AM

Aug 2008
Another great episode. The animations were nice as usual, personally I liked the fire, it's really well done. And it's a little sad that Amamiya is dead. Of course, he deserves to be hated for whatever he's done, but he is actually a really sad man. I think I sympathise him more than I hate him now.
And it's actually quite noticable in the ED that Mizuki knows Yuuko even if you didn't play the game/visual novel, the picture at the end includes young Mizuki, Yuuko and another guy whom we currently have no clue about. Personally, I didn't play the game, but I did see the opening of it, so I guess I could confirm that statement. :P
Dec 4, 2008 1:41 AM

Jul 2007
yay, the asshole's dead. Can't wait for next episode, this 2nd season is awesome.

The ending really left me intrigued.. I wonder how she's related to Yuuko, I'm much more interested in that part of the story (Yuuko's)
Dec 4, 2008 3:52 AM

Mar 2008
Amamiya burned himself... kinda saw that coming.

Also, I couldn't really tell the difference in the OP this time around, anyone noticed anything?
Dec 4, 2008 7:09 AM

Aug 2007
Kotori said:

The ending really left me intrigued.. I wonder how she's related to Yuuko, I'm much more interested in that part of the story (Yuuko's)

Yes, I think that Yuuko's history is much more interesting than Mizuki's too =D

Dec 4, 2008 9:03 AM

Oct 2007
I can't stop watching the Fire seen. Its beautiful. Also, Tenmon, you are awesome here and in the reat of the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2008 11:31 AM
Oct 2007
Vin-nii said:
Also, I couldn't really tell the difference in the OP this time around, anyone noticed anything?

The only thing I noticed was some different coloring like the "pinky strings" were different colors. Mizuki's hair was constantly colored a pale green and the split page of with Yuuko at the center had colors, one of them being green. Then of course the title was green too. So I believe the episode's theme was "hope".
Dec 4, 2008 12:05 PM

Dec 2007
I actually didn't like the fire scene but the whole part before that was rather emotional. For some reason I feel like there isn't much to comment on for this episode, it's like the episode itself did all the talking. I chuckled a bit when Chihiro said that the key had done wonders for Renji and herself. The ending was a bit of a cliffhanger too.

On that note about the ending, some people on here need to learn how to properly label their spoiler tags. I'm not saying that they don't have the code right but the warning that they have before it doesn't have anything to do with what's actually inside.

#NBHNC
Dec 4, 2008 1:36 PM

Feb 2008
I think Amamamiya-kun got what he deserved (stupid idiot....).
And even though I don't like the Kuze/Hayama Storyline that much it was pretty nice this time.
BTW: Nice Opening, with more detailed pictures. :3
Dec 4, 2008 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
This show would be so much better if there were just a different story. I love the direction, and the creativity there, but the story just sucks...I don't care for these 2 dimensional rationalizations for Yuuko to feel guilty for what she did. She spent years hating and planning, just so that in a few seconds she can reneg? Lame.
Dec 4, 2008 2:02 PM

Nov 2008
De-JaY said:
And even though I don't like the Kuze/Hayama Storyline that much it was pretty nice this time.

Why thanks and that would be me. I think it just deserves a little but I study so not much time. Just come around to take breaks some brain not over heats. *_*
Dec 4, 2008 4:59 PM

Oct 2007
De-JaY said:

Amamiya got what he wanted most of all, he got to die with his little sister. There is a reason he never harmed Yuuko's face, as he wanted to paint his sister. His sister who had the same face as Yuuko. Yes I hate Amamiya for what he did to Yuuko but I also pity him. This is why Yuuko held Yuu back, because it was what Akari Amamiya wanted.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2008 2:02 AM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
I don't care for these 2 dimensional rationalizations for Yuuko to feel guilty for what she did. She spent years hating and planning, just so that in a few seconds she can reneg? Lame.

yeah i meh'd at that.

some nice music and direction in this episode though.
Dec 5, 2008 8:27 AM

Aug 2007
Sayonara, bastard! =D Back on the same pace as the other episodes. The fire scene was a bit too exxagerated to my taste: it was like... too slow. I felt like I was watching a painting, if the fire didn't move and there wasn't music. Anyhow, funny to see Kei and Chihiro together. They really are twins, as they prove. Seeing Kuze crying so sadly I'd immediately run inside and give him the biggest hug ever. I'm wondering what Yuu was saying in the end, just like everyone else. Perhaps... Are you... my daughter? Yuuko's daughter? Oh yeah, that weapon had an awesome design. It would have been cool is she would have killed baka with that weapon...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 5, 2008 11:24 AM

Jul 2008
I'm really starting to dislike Misuki and Kuze's story. It's so predictable and all he does is whine. I've seen characters like his repeatedly. They find out they're gonna die so they cut off ties with all their loved ones, only to realize at the end that it's much better to be happy for as long as possible. So played out. I mean, Kuze and Misuki were medicore at best as side characters, but they're just annoying as main characters.

I loved the Yuuko and Yuu part though. It was kind of sad to see Amamiya die, but in the end, he really did deserve it. I really wasn't expecting the twist at the end. I did notice the picture of Yuuko and Misuki at the end, but I wasn't sure that's who it was. When I saw the picture it made me think that Misuki is Yuuko's daughter. Who else could she be that would be more shocking? It'd make sense to why Yuu and Yuuko can't see each other too. But I mean, how old is Yuu and Yuko anyway? I don't think Yuuko's old enough to have someone that age. But I don't know. I can't for it to be revealed.
Dec 5, 2008 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
Fire scene was definitely too long IMO. But at least that asshole is dead.

Why would Yuu decide to attempt to save that bastard....I have no idea. Maybe it's just an instinctive rush to save a life, considering he wanted to earlier, but couldn't with his sister? Odd how sometimes you fail once, but don't want to fail again, even if it's with someone you don't like very much.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Dec 5, 2008 1:53 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
This show would be so much better if there were just a different story. I love the direction, and the creativity there, but the story just sucks...I don't care for these 2 dimensional rationalizations for Yuuko to feel guilty for what she did. She spent years hating and planning, just so that in a few seconds she can reneg? Lame.

I can't agree more. I missed half of the episode because I wasn't really paying attention to the scenario and dialogues, the direction and music are so much better than what's happening on the screen... And the Kuze part is unbelievably dull (I kind of like the Yuu and Yuuko part even though there are major flaws too), I wish he'd die quietly and rapidly so I won't see more scenes of him alone in his appartment doing nothing but whining.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 6, 2008 12:18 AM

Jun 2007
Icericer said:
Yandere said:

Are you sure he let go? I swear you could see Yuko still holding Yuu back even until the black blur out screen. The two were on the right side of the screen and Amamiya was just standing there on the left side in the whole scene. It's harder to see Amamiya on the left side but if you look carefully I'm sure you'll catch the 2 on the right side.

He let go for a second and then she grabbed his hand again with both hands. The last show was of her holding on tight with both hands then the fire shit filled the room.

I have to agree with the person above the said Yuu is in one town in AUS and Yuko is in another in Japan or vis versa. Not sure how they split up but I'm sure we will find out soon.
Dec 6, 2008 12:19 PM

Jul 2008
Vin-nii said:

I've been somewhat keeping track.

From ep 1-5, I believe each episode, they add more color to the OP.
Ep. 6 was without people, and the song was off-vocal.
Ep. 7 had inverted colours.
Ep. 8 was upside-down
In this ep, they altered some of the colours a little as well.

I've also noticed that in each OP they add more details to the characters - like we can see Yuuko's reflection in Yuu's eyes. etc.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Dec 6, 2008 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Nika-senpai said:
Vin-nii said:

Ep. 8 was upside-down

I've also noticed that in each OP they add more details to the characters - like we can see Yuuko's reflection in Yuu's eyes. etc.

That's interesting, anymore deeper meanings than those you mentioned to this whole OP changing?
Dec 7, 2008 1:59 AM

Dec 2007
the overall feel of this episode kinda kept me glued to the screen through the whole thing
Dec 7, 2008 6:28 AM

Dec 2007
hah! you deserve to die you insane freak amamiya.. its still disturbing and its such a pity that such a beautiful girl like yuuko being tormented EVERYDAY by that crazy freak.. looking forward to the next episode
Dec 7, 2008 8:55 AM

Feb 2008
k guise wut did himura say to mizuki at the end.
so i guess yuuko is dead?
n 25th the date where yuko got raped rite?
Dec 8, 2008 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
slayer545-sama said:
Nika-senpai said:
Vin-nii said:

Ep. 8 was upside-down

That's interesting, anymore deeper meanings than those you mentioned to this whole OP changing?

Well, the addition of color in the first five eps could be drawing parallels between Mizuki and Kuze's relationship growing. Same thing with Yuu and Yuuko.

Ep. 6 is without people and off-vocal because that's Yuuko's world: what has happened to her makes her feel alone, isolated.

Ep. 7 is inverted. If you notice, certain parts actually appear the right colour. The two hands with the green/red strings, respectively.

I believe one portrays Mizuki, the other Yuuko.

You'll notice that during the regular OP, the sillhouettes of Yuuko are black w/ white hair, while Mizuki is white with greyish hair. In this OP, it's Yuuko who's coloured the "right" way: light skin. Darker hair. So I guess the OP is sort of bringing the focus on Yuuko.

As for the great detailing in later episodes, I suppose it's a way for the creator to let the viewer find something interesting. "Oh yes, we see a reflection of Yuuko in Yuu's eyes and we know why." But that would've had to have been left out of the earlier episodes because it'd be a spoiler. :3
In ep. 8 there's two drastic changed: Yuuko runs away with Yuu. And then, she does a 180, and goes back to Amamiya-sensei. The OP is foreshadowing to someone changing their mind completely.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Dec 8, 2008 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
Nika-senpai said:
slayer545-sama said:
Nika-senpai said:
Vin-nii said:

Ep. 8 was upside-down

Well, the addition of color in the first five eps could be drawing parallels between Mizuki and Kuze's relationship growing. Same thing with Yuu and Yuuko.

Ep. 6 is without people and off-vocal because that's Yuuko's world: what has happened to her makes her feel alone, isolated.

Ep. 7 is inverted. If you notice, certain parts actually appear the right colour. The two hands with the green/red strings, respectively.

I believe one portrays Mizuki, the other Yuuko.

You'll notice that during the regular OP, the sillhouettes of Yuuko are black w/ white hair, while Mizuki is white with greyish hair. In this OP, it's Yuuko who's coloured the "right" way: light skin. Darker hair. So I guess the OP is sort of bringing the focus on Yuuko.

As for the great detailing in later episodes, I suppose it's a way for the creator to let the viewer find something interesting. "Oh yes, we see a reflection of Yuuko in Yuu's eyes and we know why." But that would've had to have been left out of the earlier episodes because it'd be a spoiler. :3
In ep. 8 there's two drastic changed: Yuuko runs away with Yuu. And then, she does a 180, and goes back to Amamiya-sensei. The OP is foreshadowing to someone changing their mind completely.

Excellent and will give some thoughts to what you wrote above! Thanks again!
Dec 9, 2008 9:18 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome episode! I bet next will be the end of Yuu and Yuko story.

Dec 9, 2008 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
I have to say that once I saw him take that picture into his room, he was going to commit suicide shortly after. Though I never expected it to be by way of burning. I thought he would stab himself with that dagger of Yuuko's.
Dec 10, 2008 11:53 PM

Aug 2007
Well they finally confirmed that Yuuko is dead, but what is Mizuki's connection to Yuuko? Enough hints have been dropped in the show itself to show that the two are connected in some way, but that still doesn't explain how and why.

Well anyway, another great episode of melodies. Surprisingly enough, the Yuuko arc felt lacking in comparison to Mizuki's arc. While it had its moments (that length of that burning scene made no sense to me), it couldn't hold a candle to another great soliloquy by Kuze.

You have to genuinely feel sorry for the guy. He willingly lost everything to accept his impending death, but the humanly desire to live conflicts with his wish and he eventually ends up wanting to live as well. Such a shame that due to his actions, he could very well die by his lonesome...

Well on to the next episode...
Dec 16, 2008 10:19 PM

Dec 2008
could it be that she's the child of Yuuko? I don't think that I should put up a spoiler for this because I'm not really sure myself. This series is only getting more and more intense. Can't wait for the next episode ^_^
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 19, 2008 2:38 AM

Jan 2008
Ahh Kuze, decided whether you're afraid to die or not. One minute he is ready, the next he wants to live again. Been dragging on since the beginning >_>

But I don't really care since I'm much more interested in Yuuko's story. Fucking bastard took so much screen time to die.
Jan 5, 2009 2:45 AM

Feb 2008
4/5

As already mentioned: Way too long fire scene!
Everything else was quite decent imo. ^^
Feb 2, 2009 10:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The visuals in this episode were astonishing. And I like the somewhat positive feeling I got from this ep. Really great.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 5, 2009 10:40 PM

Nov 2007
the fire scene was great but it went on way to long. i was just sitting there going oh look pretty colors. blink...blink....same pretty colors....blink blink.....same...pretty....colors....

i like himura's story so much better. i wonder how yuuko seperates from him.
Feb 15, 2009 2:56 AM

Nov 2007
That flame scene felt like it lasted forever @_@, but wow ... Kuze getting a letter of challenge and all but wonder what happens to Yukiko.
Apr 13, 2009 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
Jacut said:
I can't agree more. I missed half of the episode because I wasn't really paying attention to the scenario and dialogues, the direction and music are so much better than what's happening on the screen... And the Kuze part is unbelievably dull (I kind of like the Yuu and Yuuko part even though there are major flaws too), I wish he'd die quietly and rapidly so I won't see more scenes of him alone in his appartment doing nothing but whining.

aero said:
Ahh Kuze, decided whether you're afraid to die or not. One minute he is ready, the next he wants to live again. Been dragging on since the beginning >_>

But I don't really care since I'm much more interested in Yuuko's story. Fucking bastard took so much screen time to die.

The reason why Kuze is like this is because this is his first loss in his entire life, and he doesn't know how to face it. He has ALWAYS been winning, has ALWAYS been successful and has ALWAYS been running and has NEVER stood up to any single loss before in his entire life. He's never failed before. That's the bad part of never having known failure. Not knowing how to deal with it.

Since this is the first time he's going to lose to something in his life, and furthermore, lose to something major, he does not know how to handle his feelings. His first instinct would naturally be to run from the problem and deny it, and when unable to run away and forced to confront the problem, he would just give up on himself and all the things he holds dear.

What other kind of reaction can you expect from someone who has never faced up to and only run away from things he might lose from in his entire life?

Poor Kuze; for someone who has only known Success and Beauty his entire life, and never knowing failure, how bleak the ending must be looking for him.
Mar 17, 2010 6:16 PM

Aug 2009
My wish has been granted. Burn in hell Amamiya....is it wrong to feel a little for him?

Kuze. I feel more for him.

If this story gets any more depressing I might end up killing myself.
Mar 25, 2010 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
Kuze... I shed tears for you...

And what's with the silent words from Yuu in the end?! Damn, I must hear them!

This is getting intense... and I like it more than memories xp
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aidouca - Dec 22, 2008

257 by SenpaiMY92 »»
Dec 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 8, 2008

196 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 24, 2008

89 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.