Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 2, 2013 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Just watched the preaired episode and seemed alright.

Nice to see all the characters like Rikka, Himeno, etc. I lol'd @ that bed scene though, had to face palm myself. Suginami was kinda annoying to watch though. Also, I think that might be Sakura after the credits there with the Sakura tree? Hmm..

Anyways, not too shabby overall imo.
Stark700Jan 2, 2013 11:05 AM
Jan 2, 2013 11:44 AM

Oct 2012
Well, we got to see the characters
Jan 2, 2013 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
Too bad they changed Sakura's seiyuu once more. I liked Yukari Tamura as Sakura the most.
Nachtwandler_21Jan 2, 2013 1:57 PM
Jan 2, 2013 1:57 PM

Dec 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Too dbad they changed sakura's seiyuu once more. I liked Yukari Tamura as Sakura the most.

QFT.

The reason why I enjoyed Da Capo so much was because of Yukari Tamura's voice. It was the best narrating voice ever. WTF. They made a huge fucking mistake not having her voice Sakura. Sighh

Jan 4, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2009
A pre-air episode counts as episode one? o_o
Jan 4, 2013 2:05 PM

Nov 2011
MagicFlier said:
A pre-air episode counts as episode one? o_o

It will pretty much have the exact same content as episode 1.
Jan 4, 2013 5:29 PM
Jan 2009
I don't know why I'm thinking there will be no english subs for a long time... hope to be in a grand mistake ;_;
Jan 4, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2008
not even sure if i watched the episode 1 or some sort of ova, but wasnt the big sakura withered on purpouse in the previous DC cause it was making people unhappy...or something like that...god, its been like 3 years since i ever tought of da capo2, and DC1, was maybe, the #10th to 30th anime that i watched..like over 870 animes ago..
i seriously need a recap..
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 4, 2013 5:38 PM
Mar 2012
El_Magus said:
I don't know why I'm thinking there will be no english subs for a long time... hope to be in a grand mistake ;_;

Da Capo III is gonna stream on Crunchyroll. It will be two days late, but is a legal stream and the regional availability for it is quite good.

I eventually plan on watching Da Capo III. I hope that CR gets the previous stuff so I don't have to hunt down the first two VNs(which are available in English) or look for fansubs.
Jan 4, 2013 6:36 PM
Jan 2009
AbZeroNow said:
El_Magus said:

Da Capo III is gonna stream on Crunchyroll. It will be two days late, but is a legal stream and the regional availability for it is quite good.

I eventually plan on watching Da Capo III. I hope that CR gets the previous stuff so I don't have to hunt down the first two VNs(which are available in English) or look for fansubs.

Oh, I know that. The problem here is that I not consider Crunchy Roll worthy to translate D.C. III :P -- But i guess something is better than nothing XD
Jan 4, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
Quick question how many years later does this take place since the second season???
Jan 4, 2013 9:46 PM
Sep 2012
Hmm, what are the character relations though from Da Capo 2? Like we all know Suginami's there again, but are the other characters related to the previous characters? The main character the guy's last name is Yoshino, wonder how this all fits in..
Jan 5, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
Cripes, this means I have to get off my butt and watch DC II (still a little bitter about DC I ending so I took a pass until now). It looks like this season won't be quite as packed with good shows so I'll be able to go down my priority list a bit and that means DC III makes the cut. Interesting to watch some of the changes in animation style in the retrospective look at the OP and EDs.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 5, 2013 11:00 AM
Mar 2012
Da crapo
Jan 5, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2011
Okay, there's some confusion related to this:

The first episode debuted today but the pre aired episode has the exact same dialogues, content, and animation as episode 1.

This is the same thing as AKb4008 Next Stage. Nico Nico pre aired both series' pilot episodes on different dates. I watched both episode 0 and the first episode 1 of Da Capo III. Episode 0 was just a montage of the previous Da Capo openings/endings and a little preview (of 5 minutes) of Da Capo 3 animation.

The pre aired episode is a full episode of 24 minutes entirely new content from Da Capo III. It is the exact same thing as episode 1.

Source: http://fansubdb.com/wiki/Winter_2012

I think every season has 1-2 shows like this like Btooom from Fall, Campione! from Summer, Accel World from Spring, etc. that pre airs the first episode. I was also confused a little at first.
Stark700Jan 5, 2013 2:47 PM
Jan 5, 2013 6:09 PM

Oct 2011
Here is the ending if anyone is interested :)

Jan 6, 2013 3:17 AM

Feb 2009
Let's make an oppai ending!!

There is Yoshino Sakura-tan at the end of episode 01
Dù cho biển cạn núi mòn,
Server còn chạy, ta còn chơi game.
Jan 6, 2013 6:02 AM

Aug 2012
Just wanna ask.. i don't know if this is a dumb question or what.. but do i need to watch the other da capo like 1 and 2 to understand the 3?.. i did some research and they all have different story. and saw a da capo 1 2nd season.. so .. just asking... :D
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Jan 6, 2013 6:44 AM

Feb 2012
Hello, Here's a few questions that i would like to clarify with this show:

(1) How come the show isn't subbed yet? Are there any problems?

(2) As a new watcher of the series, Do i need to watch the prequels before proceeding with this one? Does this show have some heavy connections with the first two seasons?
Jan 6, 2013 7:51 AM
Jan 2012
pizza_012 said:

(2) As a new watcher of the series, Do i need to watch the prequels before proceeding with this one? Does this show have some heavy connections with the first two seasons?

You don't necessarily need to watch the previous seasons but you may miss some references... but if you read the plot about the Sakura tree then you'll be okay I guess
Jan 6, 2013 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
neji3994 said:
You don't necessarily need to watch the previous seasons but you may miss some references... but if you read the plot about the Sakura tree then you'll be okay I guess

Just wondering, I know Da Capo as a franchise has been around for some time, but I haven't had any background with D.C. I or II. Are those references you're speaking of going to be important for the plot?

If anyone can quickly go over what happened in I and II, that'd probably be very helpful too. Spoilers welcome.
Jan 7, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2009
You need to know the basic plot about Unwithering Sakura tree and about Sakura Yoshino and Yoshino and Asakura families to understand all the references. Plus main and some of the secondary characters are related but this is not so important.
Jan 7, 2013 9:32 AM
Sep 2011
Too many cooks spoil the broth, so they say. It was admittedly hilarious to see the girls repeating everything one of the girls said to remind the audience of the existence of every single harem members as otherwise they would fade into the background with their lack of distinguishing personality traits or character design.
Jan 7, 2013 10:21 AM
Sep 2009
Unimpressed said:
It was admittedly hilarious to see the girls repeating everything one of the girls said to remind the audience of the existence of every single harem members as otherwise they would fade into the background with their lack of distinguishing personality traits or character design.

I agree. It was kind of funny to see every girl be forced to react and say something just to have their own little bit of camera time--and even then, I still couldn't distinguish the two brown-haired girls by their faces alone~
Jan 7, 2013 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
And Suginami made it into the third season, but not too surprised.
Jan 7, 2013 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
Ok, so should this topic be renamed as "preview" and the real episode 1 set as a new topic, or should we just disregard what everyone said about the preview above (myself included)? I would have given a higher episode score for the first real episode than I did for the preview.

If anyone wants a Da Capo III drinking game, I suggest that everytime a girl's breasts jiggle, right in front of the camera, it's time to take a shot. By the time the episode ends you'll think this is the best anime ever made...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 7, 2013 12:22 PM
Sep 2009
rodac said:
If anyone wants a Da Capo III drinking game, I suggest that everytime a girl's breasts jiggle, right in front of the camera, it's time to take a shot. By the time the episode ends you'll think this is the best anime ever made...

^I'm going to have to remember to try that out for the next episode; it will certainly make the content a lot more exciting, I'm sure~
Jan 7, 2013 3:11 PM

Sep 2012
this better not be a big let down romance anime

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2013 3:37 PM
Sep 2012
It was an okay start to Da Capo. Nice to see Suginami and Sakura again. Was that Otome and Nemu's collar in the ED?
Jan 7, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
haven't watched the others but this was okay I hope they didn't have nearly as much boob close ups as this one though ;_;

Guess i wasn't wrong when i didn't notice like any of the seiyuus barely any of them have done much besides this.
Jan 7, 2013 4:38 PM

Sep 2008
ok, now that i remember, SAKURANBO!! i cant belive she appeared! she was supposed to wansder for all eternity!, damm poor girl

lets see, that cousin girl, silver hai, so, something to do with Asia? maybe, who knows

blonde girl president, for a moment(well, actually until the ending)i and because of how she was acting i really tought she was some sort of reincarnation af sakurambo, mainly because i forgot she was "sealed" in the tree

wow, 100 years? really? well, sakuranbo lready had 53 years(form the transition of DC to DCii)+ her age(around 15)+DCiii must be set about (at least)20 years later, so she is on her 90's, talk about an eternal loli

so, i really belive DCii the asakura sister(+plus the MC guy that was made by wish) were the kids of Nemu an juinchi, so DC111 must be the same, some some of endless incest, amazing, crazy, but amazing
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 7, 2013 5:28 PM

May 2008
Welp, I died a little watching that boob fest. Call me back when the shameless pandering comes down into normal levels.
Jan 7, 2013 5:33 PM

Jan 2012
so many boob bounces and ね's. ne?
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 7, 2013 5:38 PM

Jan 2008
I was debating whether to watch this, watch the previous seasons I dropped or to not watch, but all this boob talk... I've decided to watch it.
Jan 7, 2013 7:37 PM
Jun 2011
I just needed a light hearted series, found it
Jan 7, 2013 9:26 PM

Apr 2008
After just re-watching the old Da Capos I must say it made the modern visuals even more enjoyable. Considering the prequel shows didn't do a lot for me I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I really hope it does well.

When the MCs iphone alarm went off I hastily checked to see why mine was going off before realizing what was going on. I had a good laugh at that.
Jan 7, 2013 11:50 PM

Sep 2011
I'm pretty sure alot has already asked that "Should I see Da Capo II before Da Capo III?"
and pretty much everybody who answered the question is No.

Well, this time, its 100% NO!
For a Da Capo II, you can still watch it without watching Da Capo, but its somewhat lacking because most of Yoshino Sakura's comments is a reference to the previous Da Capo.
However, Da Capo II was basically a lot like a remake of the original series since ALL the characters had the VERY SAME characteristics as their grandparents did. So having at least a gist of what happened in the first Da Capo would be helpful. BUT, from what I've seen in the episode, its a Whole new set of characters. Even if this series were to have a few similarities with the original series, chances are, their mere coincidences. But who am I to say those things? What's most important is that the characters have now lost their connection to the original characters and are starting fresh. Now that's a sequel. (Actually, the reason I didn't like Da Capo II too much was because they were still connected to the previous characters. I'd enjoyed it more if they started fresh, or Nemu and Juunichi were still the mains but sadly their not.)

HAHAHA, I got some new information.
It would seem that Da Capo III probably isn't some years after Da Capo II. Its NOT a sequel to Da Capo II. (Probably!) It might be an alternate timeline where Junichi never chose Nemu, and chose Sakura instead. This explains why Yoshiyuki never existed

Ah what the heck, here's a spoiler tag

EDIT: Okay,there were mistakes in the spoiler thingy that I said. The info I got were from people I knew that played the VN. What I've confirmed is that it MIGHT be an alternate timeline, which explains why most of the original characters are no longer here. I cannot explain why Otome is still there. But, for the people that I've seen saying Yoshiyuki could still be the new protagonist with a new name, that is highly doubted. If Yoshiyuki is still there, more so is every single other character. ALSO, Sakura cut her hair in Da Capo II, what's to say that Sakura cut her hair after getting together with Juunichi? I haven't played the VN since its still not translated. But my friends tell me they do not see Juunichi anymore. Only Sakura. Its also given that the new protagonist with the name Yoshino is 100% a descendant of Sakura, and is not a made from a wish like Yoshiyuki(At least, that's what I've heard from my friends). This is the reason why people believe its a alternate timeline, because the descendant is 100% Juunichi's and Sakura's.

P.S. I have no idea, or any proof to validate my info. Its just what I've heard from my friends, but at least I have an idea if this is truly the case
Naoe-RikiJan 9, 2013 11:43 PM
There comes a time when you need to become stronger and finally move forward from playing like a child, to strong adult

Jan 8, 2013 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
ell218 said:
I'm pretty sure alot has already asked that "Should I see Da Capo II before Da Capo III?"

For a Da Capo II, you can still watch it without watching Da Capo, but its somewhat lacking because most of Yoshino Sakura's comments is a reference to the previous Da Capo.
However, Da Capo II was basically a lot like a remake of the original series since ALL the characters had the VERY SAME characteristics as their grandparents did. So having at least a gist of what happened in the first Da Capo would be helpful. BUT, from what I've seen in the episode, its a Whole new set of characters. Even if this series were to have a few similarities with the original series, chances are, their mere coincidences. But who am I to say those things? What's most important is that the characters have now lost their connection to the original characters and are starting fresh. Now that's a sequel. (Actually, the reason I didn't like Da Capo II too much was because they were still connected to the previous characters. I'd enjoyed it more if they started fresh, or Nemu and Juunichi were still the mains but sadly their not.)

It would seem that Da Capo III probably isn't some years after Da Capo II. Its NOT a sequel to Da Capo II. (Probably!) It might be an alternate timeline where Junichi never chose Nemu, and chose Sakura instead. This explains why Yoshiyuki never existed

Lol i can tell you had fun writing this.

Jan 8, 2013 1:23 AM

Dec 2011
AiCon said:
It was an okay start to Da Capo. Nice to see Suginami and Sakura again. Was that Otome and Nemu's collar in the ED?

totally. oto-nee = best d.c. girl
Jan 8, 2013 2:18 AM

Dec 2008
yah. this is decent start, not so good, but also not bad. .
consider i didn't expect much from DC series after DC season 1 ended... lol

but charles really captivated me... she is cute and i love her voice.. lol
hope this will get better..

3.5/5 from me..

Jan 8, 2013 6:22 AM
Feb 2012
i like all the da capo series lol (after all i never really hate any anime series i watched lol)
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Jan 8, 2013 8:46 AM

May 2010
Not bad, not bad at all. Pretty good for the first episode. So far I don't like only Himeno girl, which looks like another copy of Nemu (most annoying anime bitch ever). Probably either Rikka or Charles are going to be my favourites. Also the Kiyotaka guy looks pretty okay, not that bad for a harem protagonist.
Well, I should enjoy it at least as much as D.C. II, (which went Nemu's route, brrr).

Still wondering, where's some Shirakawa girl in the harem? :c
Jan 8, 2013 12:25 PM

Jun 2009
ell218 said:

Don't thin that is true because Sakura cut her hair in Da Capo II so this might take place a few years past Da Capo II second season. But could be right but then this wuld not be a squel to Da Capo II then it would be a sequel to 1 going a different route. Yoshiyuki changed his name to Yoshino and those are his kids. Also if we see and of the character from 2 then this theory really went down the drain. Also this could take place in our time today then the time gap makes sense. But Otome killed the tree so all the stuff would stop hapening which leaves a huge plot hole then. Also forgot to mention Otome is in the end normal which means same time line as 2 but may have been a few week or months and we are just seeing these new charaters same school with 2 just differnt areas of the school also Sakura retruns to exsisting cause she Juichi disapeared but only Sakura returned.
Setsuna200Jan 8, 2013 12:39 PM
Jan 8, 2013 4:16 PM
Nov 2012
Just curious, but did anyone else notice that the 2 women on the news looked ALOT like Yume and Otome?
Jan 8, 2013 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
now that you mention it they did but did not hear there original voices.
Jan 8, 2013 7:01 PM

Dec 2007
I've pretty much forgotten what happened in the previous seasons. Might have to skim though them again...
Jan 8, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2010
Lol, the ending didn't show any characters from Da Capo III but Otome

ell218 said:

XinozJan 8, 2013 9:53 PM

Jan 9, 2013 3:41 AM

Jun 2009
AAh no,it's this show again with that damn tree. I watched the previous seasons a long time ago and the only memories I have left from it, is that it was really disappointing. The drama was dreadfull and the romance was just so bad. I don't think this season is going to be any different, but I'll give it a chance. My expectations are very low though.

The first episode was average, not that special. We got a brief introduction to alll the important characters. We know that all the female characters at the Newspaper club are in love with the maile character, but that is to be expected from a Harem anime. It also has the really dense male heroin so we got everything. Even the incest, but I'm not 100% it is incest. We'll see. One thing I did liked was the leader from the unofficial newsclub. He's interesting.
Jan 9, 2013 11:54 AM

Nov 2010
Shaduge said:
Da crapo

dude gtfo... you haven't even seen any of the previous seasons!

for the people who asked if they need to watch the prequels:

i think you'd better watch it to realy enjoy the show, but think the show will have enough stength to hold on it's own. but Da capo (SS) and Da capo II (ss) hold the story behind the tree and why it's there (don't think they will explain the whole thing in this show as there is not much room for a new story then (and they could just make a recap season)

only thing that botherd me was the unnecessary boob focus... i wish FEEL was behind the show again but hey...

for the people liking the synopsis, watch the previous seasons. for some reason i have this feeling this is not going to be as good as da capo (II) but then again... sakura is back!!!! :D (that's why you should watch the previous seasons)

i actualy kind of wonder why people even ask this :D it's like skipping clannad and going straight into after story. or watching amagami SS + first...

short version:

you like synopsis? go watch the others seasons first (Da capo, Da capo SS, Da capo II, Da capo II SS in this order) show will hold it's own but will be far better when you have the backstory.

pizza_012 said:

(1) ASF-Oyatsu is subbing it (they also subbed all the others)

(2) read above your quote, and the ending of the show kind of trows the ball that way, yes. somebody who never watched a da capo show will be cleuless of who that girl is.
kickthebucketJan 9, 2013 11:58 AM
Jan 9, 2013 2:14 PM

Nov 2008
All I have to say is that I don't want him to end up with Rikka...and I don't like her whole red thread thing either.

All I care about is the Nemu look alike : )
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

28 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 1:45 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

64 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 10:22 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 7:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.