Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 19, 2012 8:46 AM

Oct 2007
KaitoDash said:
You misintepreted my theory. I didn't mean Yoshino or Mahiro would try to kill Aika, of course not. My answer to your question is that there might be no reason. The Mage of Exodus is the entity bounded by logic of destruction. Maybe he (either of the two) will try to send Hakaze back to save Aika, but turn out opposite in the process by Exodus logic?

BTW, is Hakaze not allowed to kill? I thought she as the Mage Genesis is beyond that restricion. Did I misundertood?
1. The words "logic of destruction" does NOT explain itself. What exactly is that?

2. There is no such a thing as Time Travel in this show. The only thing that was explained to be working is "Swapping" using Magic and can cross time. There are conditions to that. And I shouldn't explain that because you already knew that in this episode. To make it short, Hakaze can NOT go back to save Aika because she wasn't there in the first place, she was stuck in the island.

Hakaze maybe a Mage Genesis but she also a member and a leader of Kusaribe clan. Unless they state it otherwise, therefore she is also bound by the clan's rule which is not allow to kill.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 19, 2012 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
I haven't read the manga, but from an outsider's perspective, they've done a phenomenal job with the adaptation. All the drama dragging on never felt excessive, and I'm just looking forward to every episode for the mystery to unfold. Great series. Perhaps under the radar even.
Dec 19, 2012 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
Siva said:

2. There is no such a thing as Time Travel in this show. To make it short, Hakaze can NOT go back to save Aika because she wasn't there in the first place, she was stuck in the island.

From the moment that time distortions are present you can never assume that. IMO time-travel is completely possible.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 20, 2012 3:16 AM

Jul 2008
Orulyon said:
Siva said:

2. There is no such a thing as Time Travel in this show. To make it short, Hakaze can NOT go back to save Aika because she wasn't there in the first place, she was stuck in the island.

From the moment that time distortions are present you can never assume that. IMO time-travel is completely possible.

Nop not in this show.
There's two popular theory about time travel:
-One is the single verse theory which state that fate is pretty much pre-determined. If you go to the past, you will not change the future because the future already took in account that you'll go back to the past before you even did.
If I drank a coffee this morning and went back in the past later, it'll be impossible to undo the event of me drinking a coffee this morning.

Other people suggest that changing the future might be doable but it would create a paradox and the world would end.

-The second one is the multiverse theory. When you go to the past you actually go into another world. Whatever you do will affect the future and you cannot create a paradox there because you are affecting a reality which isn't your own.
If you are in a world X and you go to the past you will go to a world Y that is exactly the same as the past of your world and even if you got the impression of changing the past you'll just live in this alternate world until you decide to use time travel again.

The show follow the former theory so Aika's killer will always be the same person and that person is supposed to be aware that he is the one that killed Aika except in the case of a memory wipe.
Most anime like Medaka and Steins;gate use the multi-verse theory hence why you probably believed that this could happen.
Dec 20, 2012 3:35 AM

Jun 2008
KuroNoKenshi said:
Orulyon said:
Siva said:

Nop not in this show.
There's two popular theory about time travel:
-One is the single verse theory which state that fate is pretty much pre-determined. If you go to the past, you will not change the future because the future already took in account that you'll go back to the past before you even did.
If I drank a coffee this morning and went back in the past later, it'll be impossible to undo the event of me drinking a coffee this morning.

Other people suggest that changing the future might be doable but it would create a paradox and the world would end.

-The second one is the multiverse theory. When you go to the past you actually go into another world. Whatever you do will affect the future and you cannot create a paradox there because you are affecting a reality which isn't your own.
If you are in a world X and you go to the past you will go to a world Y that is exactly the same as the past of your world and even if you got the impression of changing the past you'll just live in this alternate world until you decide to use time travel again.

The show follow the former theory so Aika's killer will always be the same person and that person is supposed to be aware that he is the one that killed Aika except in the case of a memory wipe.
Most anime like Medaka and Steins;gate use the multi-verse theory hence why you probably believed that this could happen.

I did not say Hakaze would save Aika. I said and I will say it again: Time travel is completely possible. Hakaze might travel back in time following the first theory you posted: it was already pre-determined that she would, and so, Aika will still die. The same way it happened for Samon: she had to leave her bones behind so he could find them and nothing changed.
IMO, As long as Hakaze doesnt see anyone from Kusaribe clan, it doesnt create inconsistency. But then, besides the "time-travel" thingie, we have magic and since this is fiction, they dont have to follow the regular standards, so who knows if they actually could find a way to save Aika through magic? If Im not in mistake the tree of genesis follows logic, but the tree of zetsuen doesnt...certainly there must be a way who defies logic, to save Aika, IMO.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 20, 2012 6:10 AM

Oct 2007
In fiction anything can happen and it doesn't have to follow any rule but in a show that doesn't follow its own rule then we called it "plot hole".

As of now, in this show, Hakaze can NOT just go wherever or whenever she want just because she can use magic. So what is your theory that say Hakaze can time travel wherever and whenever she want?

Dec 20, 2012 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
Siva said:
In fiction anything can happen and it doesn't have to follow any rule but in a show that doesn't follow its own rule then we called it "plot hole".

As of now, in this show, Hakaze can NOT just go wherever or whenever she want just because she can use magic. So what is your theory that say Hakaze can time travel wherever and whenever she want?

I would like to know where did i write that Hakaze can travel wherever or whenever she wants. I hinted that there might be certain times she might do it in special circumstances like the one we are watching now with her voice and flesh traveling through time.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 20, 2012 7:56 AM

Oct 2007
If only there was a part of her body existed in Aika's time but unfortunately there wasn't. Unless you can give me proof of that.

Dec 20, 2012 9:25 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
KaitoDash said:
You misintepreted my theory. I didn't mean Yoshino or Mahiro would try to kill Aika, of course not. My answer to your question is that there might be no reason. The Mage of Exodus is the entity bounded by logic of destruction. Maybe he (either of the two) will try to send Hakaze back to save Aika, but turn out opposite in the process by Exodus logic?

BTW, is Hakaze not allowed to kill? I thought she as the Mage Genesis is beyond that restricion. Did I misundertood?
1. The words "logic of destruction" does NOT explain itself. What exactly is that?

2. There is no such a thing as Time Travel in this show. The only thing that was explained to be working is "Swapping" using Magic and can cross time. There are conditions to that. And I shouldn't explain that because you already knew that in this episode. To make it short, Hakaze can NOT go back to save Aika because she wasn't there in the first place, she was stuck in the island.

Hakaze maybe a Mage Genesis but she also a member and a leader of Kusaribe clan. Unless they state it otherwise, therefore she is also bound by the clan's rule which is not allow to kill.

1. To put it simply, the logic that defy the tree of Genesis. While the tree of Genesis tries to keep the world balanced and logical, the tree of Exodus will do otherwise.

2. Mostly what Orulyon said, I'd say. While there is no proof saying Hakaze can go back to the past, there is also no solid proof saying she cannot. Your so-called plot-hole is an easy one to fill. For example, the author can just put anything similar to Hakaze's body somewhere in the past coincidentally and saying "There is no such thing as coincidence. Everything is out of the Tree's will."

Last one I cannot agree with. Unless they clearly state it otherwise, it is possible that Hakaze is beyond the rule.

------------------------------------

EDIT: fixed typo.
KaitoDashDec 20, 2012 9:33 AM
Dec 20, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2008
Orulyon said:
Siva said:

I would like to know where did i write that Hakaze can travel wherever or whenever she wants. I hinted that there might be certain times she might do it in special circumstances like the one we are watching now with her voice and flesh traveling through time.

That does not work.
The reason it work now is because Hakaze is actually going to the future (and not the past) and leave her bones in the past which does not create any time paradox.

It's not that easy to go to the past in their circumstances.
Let's say we are in 2015 and Hakaze decide to go back in 2012. That means that in 2012 Hakaze had her memory of the future (2012 to 2015) which she doesn't.
She need an extremely huge amount of magic plus a very strong connection to cross time and need not to create any time paradox and god knows how fucking easy it is to do so, simply kicking a stone that wasn't supposed to be kicked can pretty much blow up causality and destroy the universe.

The only thing that possess a strong enough connection for someone to cross time is their own bodies so there cannot be two Hakaze in the same time.
Dec 24, 2012 2:51 PM

Jul 2012
Everyone in this show is smart...LOL If I were there, I would have been panicking like hell. Or I would have been turned into metal. ^o^'
Dec 28, 2012 12:42 AM

Nov 2011
The one thing I still don't like about this anime is the OP.
Jan 4, 2013 6:30 PM

Mar 2011
I really thought the blonde hair college guy was the killer, you know, since he couldn't use magic and was exiled and stuff...
Jan 11, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2009
shadesofblack07 said:
I really thought the blonde hair college guy was the killer, you know, since he couldn't use magic and was exiled and stuff...

Same here lol It would have still surprised me.
Jan 16, 2013 7:58 PM

Jul 2008
A mage of Exodus now? Alright cmon now, time for some real answers we've beaten around the bush long enough.

Also Junichiro for mage of exodus?
WolfWood37Jan 16, 2013 8:06 PM
Jan 26, 2013 2:18 PM
Mar 2009
Bwahahaha, Junichiro's "reason" to help was so out of place.

This back and forth was pretty damn good. Seems like it's finally reached its conclusion though. FINALLY.

A mage of Exodus? Oh boy, introducing a pivotal new character now?
Feb 13, 2013 4:14 PM
Mar 2010
The fact that we've had a majority of dialogue for a load of episodes and it's still extremely gripping is a huge credit to the writers. Every cliffhanger is great.
Mar 23, 2013 5:19 PM

Sep 2010
Wait. Wait. Wait.
Was that the voice of Aika at the end?
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Apr 8, 2013 6:41 AM

Sep 2011
This is turning out to be one hell of a show! Hope they keep it up! ;-;
Jul 18, 2013 6:24 AM

Apr 2010
This is messed up. The murderer isn't from the clan so basically. . . not Hakaze. Now I want to know who the killer is~
Oct 22, 2013 8:03 PM

Nov 2009
I really thought it would be that Junichirou or w/e his name is kid . . . I mean he is kind of suspicious. However, having said that, why would the Exodus mage target Aika then? It seems that her death was beneficial to the Genesis tree . . .
Jan 12, 2014 9:26 PM
Apr 2011
Another episode full of talking, it's interesting seeing the dynamics change throughout the anime. Which is one is in the right? The tree of Genesis or the tree of Exodus? Since we've known Hakaze longer than Samon, we tend to want to take her side, but is she really in the right? At least, Mahiro doesn't seem to be as biased as Yoshino. When it was announced that nobody in the Kurasibe tribed killed Aika, I immediately thought of suicide, but it doesn't seem like that was the case.

Maybe Jun? He seems like the type who would do something like that.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 30, 2014 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
Another twist! Make it stahp! xD
Mar 7, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
This show dragged me to watch it more. But I hope they change the location with their conversations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
The atmosphere was fvcking intense, this feeling is remind me of Death Note. I'm glad I decided to rewatch it again after I dropped it.
Jul 31, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2012
Very interesting development, I really do wonder what will happen next!
Sep 13, 2014 4:36 AM

Jul 2013
Junichirou is a bro!

the mage of exodus? the hell is that?
Dec 29, 2014 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
It's time to make a choice now, Mahiro.
I hope Hakaze will be revived soon.
Yoshino, please convince Mahiro again lol.
Jan 9, 2015 12:19 AM

Sep 2014
Lol

This back and forth is ridiculously long, but Im enjoying it
May 27, 2015 3:22 AM

May 2013
Aika is definitely the Tree of Exodus' mage. She's the one who set everything into motion, there's no other person. She must've killed herself.

Why the fuck is Jun so strong?

Next episode is gonna be the hypest.
Jul 10, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2012
Holy crap, is Aika the Mage of Exodus? Did she kill herself, or did she fake her death? Did Junichirou kill her?

And how did Hakaze's skull crack?
Jul 26, 2015 10:09 PM

Oct 2010
Nov 12, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
That's so crazy. I don't know what is happening. It would be logical if Aika is the Exodus mage, but is this really the case. I can't say that for sure.

This episode was also so thrilling. Need more :P

Feb 10, 2016 2:16 AM

Mar 2015
3.5/5

At some point, I felt boring because of non-stop talk but the possibility of body transfer and revelation of culprit rises my score a bit :3
May 27, 2016 4:12 AM

Dec 2014
SO wait if the bones are replaced... it will not create a time paradox.. but wait wont the bones decay overtime.....
I mean the bones are being replaced and are taken to past and then two years after They will be found by Samon and will be send back again.... Seriously that's not possible they will decoy overtime completing the cycle.....
I know that bones have long lives but still.... The bones will decay ...Right
Jun 19, 2016 9:30 PM

Feb 2016
Even though they are standing there over two episodes already and just talking, it's still a big question who the killer of aika is and how this all fits together with the trees and samon. The mystery deepens.
Oct 19, 2016 7:45 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tyrel said:
Aika is without a doubt the Mage of Exodus. I mean come on, who else could avoid logic if she herself was Exodus, thus killing herself. No signs of real proof of someone else killing her, she had to do it herself.

If I'm wrong I'll facepalm.

Nope I dont think you are wrong, it is the perfect twist to puzzle everything together, just as Hakaze is the princess of the Tree of Genesis, Aika is the princess of the Tree of Exodus.
Which leads to theorize that the destruction of one tree versus the other is not the solution to preserve the world, but the coexistence is.
I m getting some vibes from Ga Rei manga with this, and I definitly am liking the direction that it is taking, I just hope it keeps me on the edge, and avoids being preditable cuz right now, that is the anime biggest strenght, second to the interaction between the MC cast (Aika, Yoshino, Mahiro and Hakaze).
Oct 19, 2016 7:52 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ibraheem234 said:
SO wait if the bones are replaced... it will not create a time paradox.. but wait wont the bones decay overtime.....
I mean the bones are being replaced and are taken to past and then two years after They will be found by Samon and will be send back again.... Seriously that's not possible they will decoy overtime completing the cycle.....
I know that bones have long lives but still.... The bones will decay ...Right

Only plothole I can see, we will have to wait to see.
Dec 16, 2016 1:26 AM

Sep 2015
Lol the Junichiro came and saved her. The mage of Exodus? Now I'm confused.
Dec 27, 2018 5:47 PM

Mar 2018
Aika must be connected to the clan somehow. I'm starting to think that she killed herself.
Feb 12, 2019 3:41 PM

Aug 2017
Jurichirou vs Natsumura was hilarious lmao.

Another episode with many twists. So, Aika's killer wasn't from the Kurisabi clan. A mage of the Tree of Exodus? What? Aika, is that you? I think that she killed herself.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 18, 2019 2:28 PM

Nov 2016
Comeback after comeback, really enjoy the battle of wits.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2022 9:10 AM
Nov 2020
I have a strong intuition that Aika killed herself and also she was the mage of exodus herself
Sep 14, 2022 2:02 PM

Nov 2010
Oh man, one counterargument after another. I love it!

I wish Hakaze was indebted to me instead. I'll make her pay me back in full with that sexy body of hers!

I see. So, if I got that correctly, Aika is the Princess of Exodus? so, who is the Mage of Exodus? I really thought Junichirou is the killer.
Nov 9, 2022 10:45 PM
Oct 2020
The story is getting more interesting and all the plots are neatly arranged. I love this.
Nov 15, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2020
"This happened because that happened, but then, that happened because this happened in the first place".

A brief of this episode in simple words. And now that they've dropped this mage of exodus title, the possibilities of Aika being the killer herself are very strong.
Dec 10, 2023 6:35 AM

Dec 2022
This is getting so much interesting. Whenever i think i am understanding the story a little bit then boom another plot comes and changes the whole situation lol. I can't help but laugh at Samon, my man is in a pinch situation for the last 4 episodes lol. Seriously wtf was Aika doing she f*cked the world up so much and then here we have the so called princess who's the strongest but still isn't able to leave that Island since ep 1 xD.
Apr 2, 11:56 AM

Dec 2022
Whodunnit

This is like the ultimate playground mystery. You've got a supernatural apocalypse and an iron virus going on to up the ante as well.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.