Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2012 7:54 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rejoice yuri fans. Your wishes have come true.

That Dekomori breakdown scene was sad but well drawn though. Really reminded me of some After Story scenes.
Dec 12, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2010

Sanae seeing her "Master" leave her side was a sad scene but looks like Shinka was able to comfort the pain.
Dec 12, 2012 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was pretty dramatic with all the drama and it felt very much like a slice of life. I mean the comedy was awesome, however I never saw this coming at all. I'm so going to miss this show though.

Anyway feel free to check out my full thoughts if you'd like down below.

TashfinzDec 12, 2012 5:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2012 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Rikka is over with chuunibyou action now? (and forgot that the different eye color was eye contact and was reminded at MAG Net that featuring it) She tries to improve herself and he tries to help out. She made friends, made up with her mother, and even disbanded the club. Twintaiil girl cannot get over with Rikka's change, and Mori Summer is the only one who can comfort her.

Visiting father's tomb might be her own test to her confusion?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 12, 2012 9:19 AM

Aug 2008
What the.. I didn't anticipate this magnitude of drama.

This episode was interesting. While people thought Rikka getting over with her Chuunibyou would be good and all, now this.
Drama exploded after what we thought would turn things a good direction. But given that, I feel their emotions somehow. It was lonely.
I can get a grasp of resolution coming up next episode, so it don't think I will be surprised. But this episode in particular was great.
Dec 12, 2012 11:26 AM

May 2011
I had this feeling last episode that Rikka wasn't growing out of her Chuunibyou-ism. She was actually broken by Yuuta's harsh confrontation. Her whole personality seems melancholy and withdrawn.

Yuuta making comments about believing in some sort of ethereal horizon would make Rikka light up emotionally. It's as if she finally found someone to believe in her. On top of this she was falling in love with him cause he was always there for her. I just think after everything that happened before, Yuuta turning "administration" on her broke her heart and soul.

At times i found Dekomori to be obnoxious. But this episode I felt horrible for her. She literally was abandoned. She was the only one fighting for Tyrant Eye Rikka to come back.

This episode was definitely a departure from the comedy. There was only one real joke the whole episode. Not saying it was bad. I just think it might bother some that only view it for the laughs. The story is still superb. It's just it deals with a touchy subject that you just can't joke about.
Dec 12, 2012 12:09 PM

Feb 2011
Watching it raw was still pwnsome . Can't believe it's only one more episode left , I loved this so much .
Dec 12, 2012 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
Oh man another awesome episode. Rikka seems broken :/ I think Dekomori always knew reality (or at least she was acknowledging it better than Rikka) but shes sad because she lost a friend more than her "master". Anyways this can't possible have a sad ending so i predict a full chuunibyou ending with a lot of Mori-sama, Darku flame mastah, dekomori and Rikka action!!!!!
Dec 12, 2012 2:49 PM

May 2011
Damn, I almost touched here.

But that's reality. Btw, is it me or does the title name has similar feeling with Sephiroth theme (one winged fallen angel)?
Dec 12, 2012 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
Damnnnn.

Really broke my heart when Sanae started breaking down. I knew it would be the hardest for her to accept Rikka's decision to let go of her chuunibyou ways. Seeing her cry was tough since I love her so much :( ( Need a gif of that ;D ). That scene with her hugging Shinka was awesome though.

Next week is last ep.. wow. Time flies. I'm expecting Rikka to come back of course, but I can't wait to see how KyoAni ends this.

Hopes for a second season are dashed though with these developments. With Rikka letting go of her chuunibyou-ism, there's really nothing left for a second season without changing the name :(. There's always the upcoming OVA's though!
Dec 12, 2012 3:00 PM

Jun 2011
Although I don't pity Dekomori, that crying was quite something. I can just feel the sadness.
Dec 12, 2012 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
Dem feels. Dekomori T^T

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898
Dec 12, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
Really hated this episode.
At not one point I felt anything but distest.

Rikka basically lost her entire personality and is now as interesting as every other normal 16 year old girl (so not interesting in the slightest), and Yuuta didn't do anything to comfort anyone. He basically didn't know what to do and just was powerless and unreliable.

It pains me to see how she forces herself to become a boring normal girl.
I'd rather want her as a chunni because at least she was somewhat interesting, though awkward, but now it's just an empty boring shell.

I really hope the last episode gives some positivity to this horrible drama.
This is not why I watched this show.
OrsoniusDec 12, 2012 3:13 PM
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Dec 12, 2012 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,the drama hit its peak this episode.

Rikka decide to move pass her Chuunibyou-ism but actually she hasnt,she pretty much is trying to be "normal" for Yuuta and running away for what she really wants,she is just waiting for him to tell her that she will be with her and find the Unseen Horizon.....Yuuta on the other side he is running away from his own feeling as well thinking that Rikka being "normal" is the way to go,both of them as Nibutani said are trying way to hard instead of do what they really want.

Also poor Sanae,she is probably the one that hit it hardest not only she lose her "Master" also she knows how both they feel and how nobody is trying to do anything,she breaking down was so sad specially of how Yuuta pretty much release all his frustration on her.....

Well one more to go cant wait to see how KyoAni wraps this,i think will probably see a Dark Master vs Tyrant Eye at last!!

GIFs/Avatars/SIGs on the club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=531492
raxius1230Dec 13, 2012 1:08 AM
Dec 12, 2012 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
Orsonius said:
Really hated this episode.
At not one point I felt anything but distest.

Rikka basically lost her entire personality and is now as interesting as every other normal 16 year old girl (so not interesting in the slightest), and Yuuta didn't do anything to comfort anyone. He basically didn't know what to do and just was powerful and unreliable.

It pains me to see how she forces herself to become a boring normal girl.
I'd rather want her as a chunni because at least she was somewhat interesting, though awkward, but now it's just an empty boring shell.

I really hope the last episode gives some positivity to this horrible drama.
This is not why I watched this show.

This pretty much summed up all my thoughts. Worst episode by far for me in this series and that's saying a lot as I haven't disliked an episode until now.

Last episode going to be pretty standard ending with Rikka most likely going back to the way she used to be.
Dec 12, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
So much drama!
Dec 12, 2012 3:15 PM

Mar 2011
The feels. All scenes with Dekomori are tearjearking. (╥﹏╥)
Dec 12, 2012 3:16 PM
Oct 2010
What was that? shock therapy? that was one cruelly abrupt reality course...

Cirris said:
I had this feeling last episode that Rikka wasn't growing out of her Chuunibyou-ism. She was actually broken by Yuuta's harsh confrontation. Her whole personality seems melancholy and withdrawn.
She's broken all right. I mean, she stopped thinking about herself completely, and relays all decisions concerning her to others, no way that's good.

I guess the obvious continuation is Yuuta realizing his folly, "rescuing" her and telling her that it's alright to be herself, to do what makes her happy.

Anyway, too much drama doesn't fit this IMO, I hope they don't overdo it with the last episode
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 12, 2012 3:17 PM

Aug 2011
Did not love this episode. The end made me cry. I can't see Sanae break down like that I guess.

Even if it doesn't exist, Yuuta didn't have to be such an idiot. Even Rikka knows that it's not actually there. But if it makes her happy, then isn't it okay?

It hurts to see how much Rikka is forcing herself.
Dec 12, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
sob.Poor everyone.I hope everything goes right, and all of them will back to their usual selves, cuz i really don't want things to stay the way they are now.Waiting for last episode is a torture.I want to see happy Rikka and Dekomori once again *cries*.

10/5 as always, but really? i wont have my weekly Chu2 from next week on.That sucks hard.
Dec 12, 2012 3:19 PM

Nov 2011
I really can't see why some people hated this episode. What's to hate? In fact I think it is one of the best episodes by far. The voice acting was quite something and I even became teary. It was so heart breaking to see Rikka let it all go and become a normal girl even though she didn't want to because her Chuunibyou syndrome comforted her from her family drama. Some people are not getting this and think that Yuuta is trying to take away her "hobby" cause he's an ass, lol no, for one it's not really a hobby it's kind of distraction from reality. A comfort. I think Yuuta was being too much of a 'helping the situation realistically' guy instead of actually comforting the one he loves by giving her an explanation and understanding. Dekomori made my heart melt, the poor girl. Also, I'm hoping what she said to Yuuta at the train station hit him hard, pretty much saying that Rikka had felt let down. I love this show. So sad it's coming to an end. Kyoto animation always makes it double amazing because of their smooth and beautiful animation, like Hyouka. Can't wait for their new series in January!
KoiShoudouDec 13, 2012 7:03 PM
Dec 12, 2012 3:19 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't like this episode at all. Chu2Koi has never handled its drama well and this episode just cemented that for me.

Also, the ED song feels really out of place.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 12, 2012 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
This was so heart-wrecking, it's so sad to see Sanae losing everything and not being able to do anything about it. Yuuta really didn't handle that very well, but I still loved the scene. Best episode so far, especially the soundtrack.
Dec 12, 2012 3:24 PM
Mar 2012
oh man, this episodes. You can literally feel the emotions pouring out of the screen. Not just dekomori's, but Yuuta, Rikka and even Shinka's as well.

At the same time, it feels like only Dekomori and Shinka truly understand what is actually going on...since both Rikka and Yuuta are doing things for other people's sake- and not by their desire.

Notice how Rikka only say "mama will be happy if I do..."
Dec 12, 2012 3:25 PM

Aug 2011
OMG. This episode was just full of drama. I thought KyoAni managed to handle that pretty well. What made this episode worked was probably Dekomori and how she's trying to handle the whole Post-Chuunibyou Rikka situation. Man, Uesaka-san's voice acting was perfect. You can feel Dekomori's sadness in her voice. :'(
Dec 12, 2012 3:26 PM
Nov 2012
What the? That was way too depressing and Dekomori was way too dramatic. I honestly didn't get it at all. Although I did enjoy the part where she makes new friends.
Dec 12, 2012 3:27 PM

Nov 2011

I miss the old Rikka tbh. But anyways, emotional episode for Sanae and Yuuta especially. Hope this series wraps up in a fun way cause that was depressing in my book.

Dekomori ;.;
Dec 12, 2012 3:30 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
Wow.... this episode was so damn boring. Everything started going downhill after the beach episode. All this drama is getting on my nerves. Hell, they made Dekomori cry. Made me wanna beat the death out of Yuuta. Right now, Rikka and Yuuta are everything that I hate about this show. Pity, it started so well =(
Dec 12, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
Ahhh I loved it when Mori Summer told dekomori that it was okay and hugged her, that was some great character devolpment.

Yuuta shouldnt have told her to go but he kinda had to? I think Rikka needed to do this for herself

That last 5 minutes were so sad. I felt really bad for dekomori

Cant believe its ending next week D:

Best anime of the season
Dec 12, 2012 3:33 PM
May 2009
i'm gonna cry
Dec 12, 2012 3:35 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think the drama itself was bad, but it just feels so out of place in a show like this. Chuu2 isn't supposed to be Toradora. It's a comedy series with a heartwarming romantic element between Yuuta and Rikka. Some drama is fine (and they already did that and handled it just fine earlier) but now it's just depression and people screaming at each other.

I dunno. Hopefully the last episode redeems this one.
Dec 12, 2012 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
Wow... That was one powerful episode. Chuu2 to have this much drama was very unexpected. Granted that some of the comedic elements were there that was too much of your usual Chuu2. All the scenes were so emotional that manly tears can arise. That change with Rikka was rather extreme, just like Shinka said. Dekomori found it hard to accept the change. And possible us the audience did too.

Oh well, last episode next week... Don't know how that's going to turn out
Dec 12, 2012 3:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Not that it made me happy, but I liked it. I hope things don't end this way for those kids, not because this is a fictional story, but because Real Life should never be Black and White.
Dec 12, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2009
Too much drama this episode. I expected way better, especially after the amazing 10th episode.
First half was actually really good, I liked the new Rikka. Second half was just trying too hard. Still fairly enjoyable though.
Dec 12, 2012 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
the1337fleet said:
i'm gonna cry

I did cry
Dec 12, 2012 3:51 PM

Aug 2012
Hmm, only me who didn't got effected by the drama?

Like many others, I know reality well. Sure it might suck but you just have to accept it, living in a damn dreamworld won't benefit anyone or make it any better.
Dec 12, 2012 3:53 PM

Jul 2010
I don't get why people are being thrown off by how dramatic this episode was. After all, we're nearing the end of the series, and there's only one episode left, so this is not unexpected. Also this is probably the only episode that was purely drama, not to mention it's not completely out of context to the rest of the show, so I don't see how this is out of place.

Although, while I still like this episode, this might be a little pushing it, and I can kinda see how this will probably resolve itself, but then again, this episode didn't quite go the way I expected it to either, and there were some pretty strong moments here, too, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this will end.
Dec 12, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
Nibutani again, was absolutely perfect.

On the other hand, this episode by itself felt rather forced and awkward. The drama surrounding Rikka's backstory always felt out of place in a show that initially appealed due to its comedic nature. Add to that, being able to relate to our childhood.

I hope next week wraps it all up well...
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Dec 12, 2012 3:56 PM
Oct 2012
I really don't know what to think of this episode. i think yuuta is being an asshole not asking rikka what she is feeling like forcing her to come to real life so shockingly is a good thing.

also, since the beginning i always thought that both yuuta and rikka would go to a sort of half point between chuunism and real life. with yuuta regressing and rikka progressing. but that isn't what seems to be happening.
Dec 12, 2012 4:00 PM

Nov 2009
Gu3rrit0 said:
the1337fleet said:
i'm gonna cry

I did cry
i already cried
Dec 12, 2012 4:01 PM

Apr 2009
My god. That drama. Wow. But seriously, relate this episode to the real world, Yuuta is struggling between decisions, what makes Rikka temporary happy and what is best for her. Really, her Chuunibyou needs to be fixed and she needs to come to terms with reality. She needs to accept her fathers death and rebuild her relationship with her mother, this obviously is causing a lot of pain, for Rikka, Yuuta and even Dekomori. It wont be easy but is the best and most sensible path and needs to be accomplished before it's too late.. If her Chuunibyou carries on much longer, more pain will be had.

On the otherhand he could pretend to not realize this and tell her that having Chuunibyou is okay, she doesn't need to accept her fathers death and her mother and sister are evil. This is a temporary fix, but will make Rikka happy for the present time. Would keeping her happy for a short amount of time by telling her it is alright to put off accepting reality, really be the best option? This option could cause a lot more pain down the track. Ask yourself, if you were in his shoes, which path would be best? It's a very hard and important decision, don't make light of it.
RydakoDec 12, 2012 4:13 PM
Dec 12, 2012 4:02 PM

Nov 2009
I can clearly see why KyoAni adapted this light novel now, the idea and plot of this story is really complex and unique both for the comedy and drama elements QwQ
Dec 12, 2012 4:11 PM
Jun 2011
Reality can hit anyone hard just like a brick.
Dec 12, 2012 4:14 PM
Sep 2011
Depressing, depressing as all hell. Poor Dekomori.
A touch I loved honestly is how the art didn't seem nearly as colourful and bright as previous episodes being more plain and realistic which goes along perfectly with the tone of the episode.
I hate to be on Yuuta's side here but I do think what he is doing is for the best, for him and for Rikka. She needs to grow up and face reality, which is what she is finally doing and if the show is going to make Rikka a chuunibyou again I defanitly think that would be a major, major step backwards.

5/5 episode. Hope this show has and ending good enough to live up to the high standards set by the rest of the series.
Dec 12, 2012 4:16 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. "
-- Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"
Dec 12, 2012 4:16 PM
Sep 2012
All i gotta say is, WOW.
My view for this anime has been completely and significantly changed. I didn't expect the drama in the last couple of episode to get so oppressive. One more episode to go.
Dec 12, 2012 4:19 PM

Jun 2009
Wow that drama was really intense in this episode. Dekomori crying was really sad. Seeing Rikka so despressed throughout the episode isn't really that uplifting to. The worst part is that the awesome dialogues between Rikka and Yuuta are in the past. Now their conversations are rather boring. So I hope that Rikka turn back to herself in the next episode (which is most likely going to happen) But I hope she'll find a good balance between real life and her fantasy.

Rikka attempt to finally make some friends in her class was cute though just like the scene where Nibutani was comforting Dekomori. I hope that the next episode is going to bring an awesome ending to this delightfull series.

Jan 2012
It's gonna be interesting to see how Yuuta will figure this all out in the next episode.
Hopefully the ending won't be so dramaish and more happy. I think we can expect more Chuunibyou again...

I hated Dekomori, but,those scenes with her...

Feb 2012
Will Rikka return back to her formal self? Will Yuuta find a way to make Rikka happy without her Chuunibyou, or discover some kind of compromise? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2012 4:21 PM

Jan 2012
Accepting reality is a hard thing to do especially if you were in Rikka's shoes. Nobody told her that the father was dying and his death came too suddenly which put Rikka into shock. How do you expect to accept that cruel reality where no one tried to support her? This episode was drama packed and by the looks of it. KyoAni will not animate a kiss-scene. *Sadface* Well I hope Yuuta and Rikka reaffirm their love in the last episode.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.