Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 17, 2008 2:38 AM

Jan 2008
i mean properly rich, like that russian billionair and bill gates kind of rich what would you do?

i buy a new laptop because this one had it for sure.

i've always thought about buying an island .

make an actual robot that works properly.

i run out of ideas after that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2008 2:45 AM

Jul 2006
I would spend it on stupid crap without even realizing it myself. "I don't know what this is, but I still want it".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2008 2:48 AM

Nov 2007
Really depends how rich you're talking. Ballpark figures. ~50B like Gates?

I'd do a lot. Set up real net infrastructure in this country, run education schemes for people to learn sensible net usage (maybe even push for a program so people need licenses to get online, that'd be novel, but unfortunately impossible unless done on a global scale).

I'd also make an anime licensing company that does speedy, cheap, sub-only releases instead of dicking around with dubs and wasting time with huge delays on releases and whatnot. Benefit is it can work for any region since subs can be done quickly in any language, so there's a global market for it. Push anime globally, quickly and with quality.

Also, a great deal of money is needed to refine hydrogen fuel cells, and electric cars, that'd be worth investing in. Probably do a large scale renewable energy program here, too. Build some large wind farms, solar towers and the likes. That'd be nice.

There's a lot I could do with billions. Those are just three things off the top of my head.
Nov 17, 2008 2:51 AM

Jan 2008
Asako said:
Really depends how rich you're talking. Ballpark figures. ~50B like Gates?

I'd do a lot. Set up real net infrastructure in this country, run education schemes for people to learn sensible net usage (maybe even push for a program so people need licenses to get online, that'd be novel, but unfortunately impossible unless done on a global scale).

I'd also make an anime licensing company that does speedy, cheap, sub-only releases instead of dicking around with dubs and wasting time with huge delays on releases and whatnot. Benefit is it can work for any region since subs can be done quickly in any language, so there's a global market for it. Push anime globally, quickly and with quality.

Also, a great deal of money is needed to refine hydrogen fuel cells, and electric cars, that'd be worth investing in. Probably do a large scale renewable energy program here, too. Build some large wind farms, solar towers and the likes. That'd be nice.

There's a lot I could do with billions. Those are just three things off the top of my head.

yeah, i used to think like you, its nice to remember.
Nov 17, 2008 2:56 AM

Jul 2007
I forget what answer I gave the last time this question came around, but..
I would pull all of it out of investments and watch what happens to the economy. Then I'd take over the world.

Unfortunately I have the inkling that certain government agencies would try to stop my free will "for the good of society" -.-

So instead I'll opt for starting some web projects I've been planning, and investing into research of all kinds of cool stuff.

And maybe build some agricultural infrastructure in third world countries to draw suspicions away from my other plans.
Nov 17, 2008 2:59 AM

Sep 2008
Nuke the planet, after that Japan maybe, they've already had some.
Perelman, martyr
Nov 17, 2008 3:00 AM

Apr 2008
I'd buy a Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B and put a bayonet on it.
Nov 17, 2008 3:05 AM

Feb 2005
Build a huge dark fortress out of some big ass mountain in Troms or Finnmark. It would have Point defense systems for intercepting ICBM's and hangars filled with high tech stealth bombers.
And maybe one of those Kinetic Ballista satellites just because.
Nov 17, 2008 3:06 AM

Dec 2007
Baman said:
Build a huge dark fortress out of some big ass mountain in Troms or Finnmark. It would have Point defense systems for intercepting ICBM's and hangars filled with high tech stealth bombers.

Can I live in with you then? I want to develop NOD vehicles but I need finance and a base to store them D:
Nov 17, 2008 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
i would probably spank it on a boat.
Nov 17, 2008 3:12 AM

Feb 2005
Chavez said:
Baman said:

Can I live in with you then? I want to develop NOD vehicles but I need finance and a base to store them D:

Hm. Come to think of it, if I called my world domination organization NOD, I'd probably get support from most of C&C's fanbase. Now, then just add in some Sith stuff and I'd catch the Star Wars fans as well. Might be a good idea...
Nov 17, 2008 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
Baman said:
Chavez said:
Baman said:

Hm. Come to think of it, if I called my world domination organization NOD, I'd probably get support from most of C&C's fanbase. Now, then just add in some Sith stuff and I'd catch the Star Wars fans as well. Might be a good idea...

Gentlemen, we have ourselves a decent plan.

Baman, go get the van, let's start making this reality!
Nov 17, 2008 3:23 AM

Apr 2007
There are probably all sorts of selfless, life-changing, philanthropic things I could do for our society if I were to really try and use it wisely. However, I would likely convert it all to coinage, build a money bin, and swim around in it like Uncle Scrooge.
Nov 17, 2008 3:30 AM

Sep 2008
Iri said:
There are probably all sorts of selfless, life-changing, philanthropic things I could do for our society if I were to really try and use it wisely. However, I would likely convert it all to coinage, build a money bin, and swim around in it like Uncle Scrooge.
Iri said:
You know you'd break your neck the moment you dive in eh?

Contrary to popular believe, you can't swim in metal cylindres of around 1.5 cm in diametre and 0.2 cm in height.
Perelman, martyr
Nov 17, 2008 3:41 AM

Dec 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:
I'd pay the homeless to fight each other.

Make a big cage and put them in there. Then shout that the last man standing will be provided food for his entire life. When the fight is over, shoot the survivor.
Nov 17, 2008 3:46 AM

Apr 2008
Chavez said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

Make a big cage and put them in there. Then shout that the last man standing will be provided food for his entire life. When the fight is over, shoot the survivor.

Nov 17, 2008 3:50 AM

Dec 2007
Plate said:
Chavez said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

To add some humor to it, when you have 30 hobos in that cage, you can throw in 20 weapons (axes, poles, knifes), so that 10 of them will be helplessly slaughtered.
Nov 17, 2008 3:52 AM

Jun 2008
I would do nothing..
Nov 17, 2008 3:54 AM

Jan 2008
i'd make sure that all my immediate family was extremely comfortable

then i'd buy homes in multiple places like:
OC (orange county for those of you who don't know)
los angeles
new york
miami
europe
asia

many cars like:
audi (r8, s5)
aston martin (db9, dbs, v8 vantage)
bmw (3-series coupe, m3 coupe, 6-series, m6)
ferrari (f430)
honda (s200)
jaguar (xk)
lamborghini (gallardo, murcielago)
lexus (is f, gs)
nissan (350z)
Nov 17, 2008 4:00 AM

Apr 2007
nihlniisadxhai said:

Iri said:

Contrary to popular believe, you can't swim in metal cylindres of around 1.5 cm in diametre and 0.2 cm in height.

Complying with the laws of physics is a poor man's game. I've watched enough anime to reassure me of that.

Besides, as Scrooge himself explained in Four Color #386 after the Beagle Boys knocked themselves out for a month doing that exact same thing, "It's a trick."
Nov 17, 2008 5:05 AM

Oct 2007
I'd probably buy the ultimate computer system <3

Nov 17, 2008 5:05 AM

Jan 2008
i will probably move to japan

Nov 17, 2008 5:15 AM

Jun 2008
I would build my dream home.
I would buy my family and friends homes.
Some investments such as real estate.
Great computer, LCD TV, PS3, 360, WII, telescope, go on a cruise with family and friends, furnish my dream home, lots of food and desserts, and just enjoy life. 8)
Nov 17, 2008 6:39 AM
Jul 2008
I'd be able to pay for college and travel. whooo
Nov 17, 2008 7:11 AM
Oct 2008
get the best education money could buy for languages/history

buy real estate around the world
travel for a couple years.

this as well: aston martin (db9, dbs, v8 vantage). be lazy after that. probably give some of the money away randomly.
Nov 17, 2008 7:14 AM

May 2008
The impulsiveness of my spending would depend on the amount of money I received.
Or in this case, maybe born with...? I'm not understanding the degree of hypotheticality in this thread.

In an case, very impulsively. But if I won the lottery, I would most likely but in the bank and draw interest first thing. I don't consider it richness if you don't have a backup. Well actually it is in most senses of the worth, but I consider true wealth a foundation that won't fall beneath your feet quickly.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 17, 2008 7:26 AM
Dec 2007
if i would be super rich..of course i will visit different countries like :
japan
korea
u.s
uk
all countries in europe

i also want to build mansions in different countries...very high dream isnt??

i want to have a or i would own rather an anime company....and i will visit my favorite stars..in japan,korea ,uk and us...
i will buy latest gadgets and cars.....
Nov 17, 2008 7:30 AM
Dec 2007
oh wait... i will donate some of my money in charities...and i will help the poor...(being sensitive to there needs...) build a home of jesus...lol....
Nov 17, 2008 7:50 AM

Jul 2008
I would make it rain.
Nov 17, 2008 8:01 AM

Apr 2008
Nov 17, 2008 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
i will give everyone munies so that people stop spending time on the internet and pause our impending end against the cyborgs.
Nov 17, 2008 8:36 AM

Feb 2008
Frito said:
i will give everyone munies so that people stop spending time on the internet and pause our impending end against the cyborgs.

Hyperinflation will settle in way before those cyborgs even make it out of the drawing board.
Nov 17, 2008 8:37 AM

Jan 2008
Sohei said:
i am rich.
lol.

what like bill gates rich?
Nov 17, 2008 8:38 AM

Oct 2008
Zero-Prime said:
Sohei said:
i am rich.
lol.

the prince of brunei is richer >_>
Nov 17, 2008 8:43 AM

Jan 2008
Frito said:
Zero-Prime said:
Sohei said:
i am rich.
lol.

only cos he had to give half his money away >_>
Nov 17, 2008 8:44 AM

Oct 2008
Zero-Prime said:
Frito said:
Zero-Prime said:
Sohei said:
i am rich.
lol.

only cos he had to give half his money away >_>
even warren buffet is richer and he's a philanthropist.
Nov 17, 2008 8:57 AM

Dec 2007
I would buy slaves.
I would buy dogs.
I would buy at least one husband.
I would buy Bill Gates and make him work for me so I could continue rich.
I would pay someone to kill Ingrid Newkirk
I would open an animal shelter and put in practice my theories for politics.

Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 17, 2008 8:58 AM

Jul 2008
Nicely sized house.
Two nicely priced cars.
Private Jet.
Island.

Done.
Nov 17, 2008 9:04 AM
Oct 2007
I'd buy myself a friend and girlfriend. Aha.
Nov 17, 2008 9:07 AM

Oct 2008
and a mistress.
Nov 17, 2008 9:21 AM

Aug 2008
I would buy a sub division and give everyone I like a house and a golf cart. Then we could just drink and smoke everyday and never have to work.
Nov 17, 2008 9:24 AM

Jan 2008
I would buy myself a medium sized house.
A new computer system.
A Smart Car.
More figma so Nagato isn't so lonley.
More Manga.
And... Maybe something nice for my mom.. :D
Nov 17, 2008 9:31 AM

Feb 2008
I would fund terrorism.
Nov 17, 2008 9:43 AM

Sep 2008
Iri said:
nihlniisadxhai said:

Iri said:

Complying with the laws of physics is a poor man's game. I've watched enough anime to reassure me of that.

Besides, as Scrooge himself explained in Four Color #386 after the Beagle Boys knocked themselves out for a month doing that exact same thing, "It's a trick."
Which you have mastered?
Perelman, martyr
Nov 17, 2008 9:55 AM

Oct 2007
I think that the education system here is pretty damn stupid and wastes too much time (mine), so I'd change it. I think I'd take over the school system of a county and a university and make it not painful and focused on actually teaching relevant material. Bring experts with good ideas from all around and such and make it the model for other areas. I'm more interested in the lower levels of education because I think that that is where there is a greater problem. It is kind of bad that the reason I want to do this isn't because I love the mass education system, but because I absolutely hate the time I wasted and still waste in school.

Quantity isn't what counts...quality does.
Nov 17, 2008 10:30 AM

Apr 2008
Zero-Prime said:
Sohei said:
i am rich.
lol.

no, but my inheritance would be a few million.
seriously though, i know a guy who has many of the things some people want.. private jet, house in the côte d'azur, london townhouse etc..
Money doesn't make happy btw.

If i was seriously über rich, i'd probably buy a 400 square kilometer estate, with a nice bug mansion in the middle.. a la Hayate no Gotoku..
Frito said:
Zero-Prime said:
Sohei said:
i am rich.
lol.

The saudi royal family is richer.
Nov 17, 2008 10:34 AM

Mar 2008
if i were rich, i'd live like i wasn't. ^^ =D
Nov 17, 2008 10:58 AM
Jun 2008
Move somewhere with less taxation, and buy everything that I wanted to.

Nov 17, 2008 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
the_prime_one said:
Siberia perhaps? =D
Nov 17, 2008 11:00 AM
Jun 2008
jrsygrl0601 said:
the_prime_one said:
Siberia perhaps? =D

Of course =D

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.