Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2012 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol @ ED's "right hand men"

DT being homesick, thus the title, to the extend that use imaginations. FukuJun's character is trying to create DT's order, by chemistry! And that 18+ book, martial art, which scared the hell out of him.

DT vs. ED finally next ep. ED's team is having special guns.

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2012 11:11 AM

Sep 2008
Kon is nuts.
Dec 9, 2012 11:19 AM

Dec 2009
marian secred chamber throwing te knife at the flying thing was awesome looking forward to mor ED
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2012 11:41 AM
Sep 2012
Never underestimate Kon and his "Nut Kick" to defeat his opponents. It's too bad for everyone who bet on him that he's also a coward who will run at every chance he gets.
Dec 9, 2012 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
Marian's Kitchen is to be feared XD

I lol'd at ED's servants XD
Dec 9, 2012 12:39 PM

Jun 2012
Oh Shinji Takamatsu and your time wasting scenes. The volleyball scenes reminded me of Nichibros and Gintama so much X D

The 1st half when it was being serious regarding Kon's homesickness I was actually a little intrigued by it. When Kon starts eating the hamburger and you see the happiness over a simple/familiar meal coupled with the silence really pulled me in. But as usual fashion the comedy in the second half completely overshadowed that. Don't get me wrong the comedy is funny in this show just kind of a shame we got a glimpse into a serious examination of Kon then got pulled out.

Seems like it's going down next episode which I can't wait for. A real battle between DT and ED should be fun.
Dec 9, 2012 12:46 PM
Oct 2009
ED's guys were hilarious as usual! Especially the end, where they all just repeat the same thing xD and "why are we playing volleyball" xDD
Dec 9, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
This ep was so much more entertaining than last week was, next week looks awesome.

Hybridbloodszak said:
Don't get me wrong the comedy is funny in this show just kind of a shame we got a glimpse into a serious examination of Kon then got pulled out.
You may be getting what you want next ep, key word may

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 9, 2012 2:50 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was pretty entertaining to watch. Especially Erec's henchmen playing volleyball and talking similar to as seen in Nichijou-bros.
Dec 9, 2012 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
Another funny episode, the nut kick is Kons special attack. Too bad he ran at the end considering he almost won and could have but he has no confidence. Though i understand because he's not from this world so while the others are used to fighting Kon is not.

Correct me if im wrong but that lady at the end(i forgot her name and don't feel like looking while im writing this) did she tear up a bet or something like that because she had put money on kon expecting him to win.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Dec 9, 2012 5:06 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah I was surprised. But I still think the lady is evil:P
Dec 9, 2012 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
Kon acts like such a douche.
Dec 9, 2012 6:53 PM

Oct 2012
That volleyboll scene just screamed Gintama xD.
Gotta love how far they went to make Kon happy again and it kinda worked even though they lost a good amount of money in the process :P

Funny episode nonetheless and next week we're gonna get some serious action.
Dec 9, 2012 11:28 PM

Nov 2011
I died this ep, without a doubt the best ep so far, nxt week we get lots of action.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 10, 2012 8:08 AM

Jul 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
Kon acts like such a douche.

like a true gamer :D

Doesn't matter if the comedy overshadows the serious first half, the fact remains that Kon is actually a well-developed character than most people would give credit for. I'm yet to see a part in him that doesn't scream "gamer". He's no righteous asshole, he's just a twat who's been spoiled by the comfort of his own home and refuses to grow up.
Dec 10, 2012 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
Zee530 said:
I died this ep, without a doubt the best ep so far, nxt week we get lots of action.

Sams as you, i Lol'ed too much on that episode x)
Dec 10, 2012 9:39 AM

Nov 2012
i voted 3,coz i didnt really enjoy this episode but i can say that it is okay, i just really hate the fact that they're delaying the anime so much, and i cant see any plot movement, i find the story pace really slow, that it makes the episode like fillers. but don't get me wrong i don't hate this anime XD

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 10, 2012 10:51 AM
Jan 2011
I feel like wanting to hit Kon on the head.
Dec 10, 2012 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
You know you play too many games and watch anime when you..

Anyways, I found the episode to be amusing. Those food were pretty disgusting though, ugh. I also lol'd @ those guys playing volleyball in the morning and afternoon. Man, these guys must be bored as hell.

The fight in that cage between Kon and the others was amusing as well. Dem chainsaws..
Dec 11, 2012 12:28 PM
Mar 2012
I think I like the ED bunch more than the actual main characters.
But it was sweet how Marian tried to re-produce Kon's home world food.
Dec 11, 2012 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
ElenirLachlagos said:
Yah, that is kind of the point you know

I mean i think you forget kon isnt meant to be a hero or anything, hes literally a selfish brat that got sucked into a video game world cause he wanted to get laid. Thats why hes awesome, hes everything a mc shouldnt be.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 11, 2012 5:06 PM
Jun 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
But it was sweet how Marian tried to re-produce Kon's home world food.

This is part of the series' humor. You have everything turned 180 degrees. For the main character, the protagonist, you have a selfish brat who got stuck in a video game world when he tried to get rid of his virginity, who abuses every opportunity to feel better about himself (trying to drag Marian down at the beach by telling people (s)he has balls and pretending to be a God). The whole "Getting the princess to the capital to secure peace to the country"-thing couldn't be further from his mind: He just wants to get the fuck home. Even when given a perfect oppotunity to shine in the arena this episode, he just runs away instead... There's no honor, dignity or drive in him.

ED on the other hand... Is a proud warrior, who shows (even if misplaced) respect for his opponents, fights with honor and appreciates his underlings, who adores him (which again shows him in a good light). Comparing the two, ED is by far a more likable character than Kon. There's a reason why we're spending that much time with ED's group: They're the one's we're actually liking.

I have to admit though that my favorite character is Marian. (S)he is an awesome character, in the sense that his design is pretty much the stereotypical "wet dream" girl in the show. But he's a boy, with added breasts, which puts another level to the "trap" as you actually see him walsing around in a bikini, showing off a perfect body. They've made that character without making him stereotypical or nervous/embarrased about being a trans. And it works so well :D
Dec 11, 2012 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
BTW - the manga pages that are shown when Kon is thinking about home are from the "Ixion Saga" manga that is currently running in Besatsu Shounen Magazine. The manga is not at all like the anime it doesn't have the same plot or characters. It's much more of a standard quest-game sort of fantasy.
Dec 12, 2012 2:45 PM

Feb 2009
It is true that ED and his subordinate are really interesting, and that DT is way too realistic everything we are and don't want to be.

You all are so hard on DT. I think Kon is a survivor, how the hell you want a normal teenage to be in such a violent world.

Anyway the idiot could have win.
Dec 13, 2012 2:22 PM
Mar 2012
Kon Battler Five seems to be Combattler V reference.
Dec 13, 2012 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
dbaranyi said:
BTW - the manga pages that are shown when Kon is thinking about home are from the "Ixion Saga" manga that is currently running in Besatsu Shounen Magazine. The manga is not at all like the anime it doesn't have the same plot or characters. It's much more of a standard quest-game sort of fantasy.
wow that sounds......not fun actually. Granted im worried this show may become that, though this is gitama's director so he should have some experience with handling stupid concepts in serious form

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 14, 2012 7:54 AM

Sep 2008
Lol'd when the blond woman tore the bet ticket. Also those volleyball scenes were pretty good, specially the "something amazing"-lines with different accents.
Dec 18, 2012 4:16 AM

Dec 2011
Best episode of series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 26, 2012 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
Those references~
Dec 30, 2012 3:26 AM

Jun 2008
Lol, even the mysterious woman lost the bet on Kon.

As about his home food. Well if he saw how they do it in our world too he wouldn't eat it ether. Is not like Marian had the procedure any wrong.

Best reference at the end with the Newtype thing for Hyperion.
Feb 3, 2013 1:00 PM
Nov 2011
The jokes keep coming LOL
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 3, 2013 1:27 PM

Oct 2012
lol even mystery girl placed a bet on him :P

Apr 18, 2014 8:40 AM

Apr 2011
LOL. What a crazy episode.
Sep 10, 2014 6:03 AM

Jun 2011
That Alma lady bet on him winning haha. Random volleyball was amusing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 4, 2014 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
Those guys playing volleyball man. I love it. They're my fav chars in this show. And Marian of course. This show is steadily improving with each episode.
Feb 18, 2015 1:44 AM

Nov 2011
The volleyball thing reminded me of Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. xD
Mar 9, 2016 5:52 PM

Aug 2015
oh what irony - he freaked out over how hamburgers were made, while it is just as bad, if not even worse in reality.
Sep 13, 2017 2:12 AM

Jan 2016
The volleyball scenes are straight from Daily lives of High school boys.. with a spice of idiocy.
May 9, 2022 2:55 PM

Jan 2020
Kon broke. I'm not sure what he was expecting after writing down "genetically altered" and "artificially flavored." It's not like the back of fast food joints look much better than Marian's kitchen/lab room. If anything this just made me appreciate Marian more.

Can't believe he walked away from a sure win like that. Why do protagonists hate money?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 25, 2023 11:28 AM
Jan 2022
jokes are very bad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

91 by Sebsatian123 »»
Oct 21, 2023 11:37 AM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

53 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 4, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2012

87 by EsieEyen »»
Apr 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2012

56 by neeJay »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Ixion Saga DT Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

30 by commonxreaction »»
May 10, 2022 6:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.