Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 6, 2012 6:49 AM

Sep 2012
How long did it take for the full restore to complete last time hacking happened I wonder?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2012 7:05 AM
Feb 2012
Thank you for your hard work, Xinil.^^
Dec 6, 2012 7:22 AM

Jun 2008
If this is the work of a hacker, it's a good thing it happened, honestly. Leaving security holes open even though they are not known or abused by anyone is not a good thing. This is a warning to the webmasters to get your coding straight.
Personally i don't get why this keep happening, it feels like the site is cheaply built. It's a large community and you should put more time into making the website secure (if that is the issue here).
Dec 6, 2012 7:53 AM

Aug 2008
Be patient everyone, this is site is located in California, as are the admins (probably). It's not even 8:00AM there and the admins (probably) have to go to school or work :)
Dec 6, 2012 8:10 AM

Jul 2010
ihateeveryone said:
khrymson said:
Monad said:
shina_luna said:
I highly doubt there was one, since there was no news saying explicitly that there was one.

I'm starting to get the feeling someone lost the backup, lol.

Now that would be a problem.

That would be hilarious.

And if they happen to delay it because of some other reason then more lose. People are posting new threads and posts, which will be gone once they do the restore.
Dec 6, 2012 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
srsly,what is going on?? why this happen so often? nothing can be done about it?
so annoying...
good job Xinil,ofc,just..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2012 12:47 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:
ZombiePsycho said:
So the site got hacked again or something?

Yep.

Threads deleted from some boards, as well as on clubs. Some have mentioned gory pictures were spammed too.
Oh god. Please don"t mention that. Im already feeling uncomfortable after seeing those. Just randomly go on forums and all I see are people's head's split in half, sliced bodies all over the place, eyeballs smashed. Uggghhhh damn I really want to forget that.
Dec 6, 2012 12:58 PM

Oct 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Tavor said:
ZombiePsycho said:

Yep.

Threads deleted from some boards, as well as on clubs. Some have mentioned gory pictures were spammed too.
Oh god. Please don"t mention that. Im already feeling uncomfortable after seeing those. Just randomly go on forums and all I see are people's head's split in half, sliced bodies all over the place, eyeballs smashed. Uggghhhh damn I really want to forget that.

If you have AdBlock Plus, you can add these sites to the filter list so you don't ever see those pictures again:

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 6, 2012 12:59 PM

Jun 2011
And when exactly,will this be fixed?

Another thing,too,how the hell does this guy even manage to hack you over and over?I thought you did something about it last year.
Dec 6, 2012 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
Still no restore, eh?
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 6, 2012 1:19 PM

Sep 2010
Oh no god I hope it's not starting over again, what happened last year.
Dec 6, 2012 1:19 PM

Oct 2010
When will things be restored again? :<
Dec 6, 2012 1:28 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Tavor said:
ZombiePsycho said:

Yep.

If you have AdBlock Plus, you can add these sites to the filter list so you don't ever see those pictures again:
oh, thank:D
Dec 6, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm this explains alot, thanks.
Dec 6, 2012 1:58 PM

Jan 2012
This explains some topics that are lost in the my club. Hopefully the restore will be soon.
Dec 6, 2012 3:10 PM

Apr 2011
Xinil said:
Enough is enough.
Everybody prepare your pitchforks and torches. We are going to teach this hacker a thing or two about messing with MAL

Me? I'd get a scythe and dice that damned hacker real good...

That aside...

Your hard work is greatly appreciated, Xinil. I salute your dedication and commitment to having all of this chaos sorted out at the soonest possible time...
Dec 6, 2012 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
Everything seems back to working order. Pitch forks your thinking to small I will bring a HK 416 and a with 2 beta mags and a bunch or regular mags, portable Rpg, and a Sig 226 in 40 caliber rounds. Then we will have a really scary mob. Then the hacker will no fear. Don't have to use them. But shows not to mess with our site. Plus it will scare the crap out of him.
Dec 6, 2012 4:19 PM

Nov 2009
gues we need to bust out the gundams for this attack on the hacker?
cant belive you didnt think of THAT "Setsuna f Seiei"
I miss rping here.....
Dec 6, 2012 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
Yea, don't worry about it. A forum rollback is going to be very welcomed.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Dec 6, 2012 7:34 PM

Apr 2009
So, any news on it?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 6, 2012 7:41 PM
May 2012
Anything yet? I hated it when those idiots posting some nasty stuff on every post in every anime threads.
JafriZinDec 6, 2012 8:12 PM
Dec 6, 2012 10:17 PM

Jan 2011
Knowing that at some point there will be a restore is a real disincentive to post. Of course since the discussion I want to post to has disappeared, it's not like I can do that anyway. Here's hoping the reset happens soon.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 6, 2012 11:01 PM

Feb 2012
rodac said:
Knowing that at some point there will be a restore is a real disincentive to post. Of course since the discussion I want to post to has disappeared, it's not like I can do that anyway. Here's hoping the reset happens soon.
Agreed.

WTB update!
Dec 7, 2012 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
I don't know if it's just me, or is it MAL having some sort of restore or something that I always get "incorrect cookie" message and getting logout automatically? (and for several times in a row for a day?) I'm sorry, I'm just curious.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 7, 2012 1:07 AM

Jan 2009
tsubasalover said:
I don't know if it's just me, or is it MAL having some sort of restore or something that I always get "incorrect cookie" message and getting logout automatically? (and for several times in a row for a day?) I'm sorry, I'm just curious.

im getting that "incorrect cookies" error message too and i do not take the risk of loging in before i clean my internet browsers cookies and cache
Dec 7, 2012 1:53 AM

May 2012
tsubasalover said:
Yep, it happened to me too :/
Dec 7, 2012 3:22 AM

Sep 2010
tsubasalover said:

Same here, happens sometimes.
Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.11
In opera, it's possible to clean only one websie's cookies:
F12 -> site preferences -> cookies -> click "delete" until the list become empty -> ok
Dec 7, 2012 3:41 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
tsubasalover said:
The incorrect cookie message isn't with respect to the restore; it's actually security strengthening measures by Xinil and Crave. So whenever that happens, take it as a "yay, MAL just became more secure" kind of message.

Everyone said:
When is this rollback going to occur?
I wish I knew and could tell you. But probably not at least for another 6hr since it's 3:30AM in California right now.
Dec 7, 2012 5:19 AM

Aug 2012
I don't understand.

This rollback will essentially make us lose two and a half days worth of posts for the entire forum?

Seems like the rollback will get rid of more posts/threads than the attack did lol.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Dec 7, 2012 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
I hope the rollback is today. ;--;
Dec 7, 2012 5:55 AM

Nov 2007
Kineta said:
tsubasalover said:
The incorrect cookie message isn't with respect to the restore; it's actually security strengthening measures by Xinil and Crave. So whenever that happens, take it as a "yay, MAL just became more secure" kind of message.

Ok, thank you very much.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 7, 2012 6:19 AM

Aug 2008
Goryo said:
I don't understand.

This rollback will essentially make us lose two and a half days worth of posts for the entire forum?

Seems like the rollback will get rid of more posts/threads than the attack did lol.
Your avatar is perfect for this post :D
Dec 7, 2012 7:12 AM

Jun 2008
Goryo said:
I don't understand.

Well i guess they took too much time but still it's better to lose those 2.5 days i believe than old threads and stuff. Going by Kineta's words i guess they were trying to close a few holes in the code before they make the rollback and it took them a little too much time.
Dec 7, 2012 9:03 AM

Nov 2010
Goryo said:
I don't understand.

the people who remade threads and kept posting things since the hacking only have themselves to blame if they loose their stuff. these hackings have been happening alot this month so they should know not to redo anything until a roll back happens. i would much prefer to have the threads that have been deleted back then the ones that got remade or just added. since the multiple threads that i have lost have been open for awhile now.
Dec 7, 2012 9:26 AM

Sep 2011
Goryo said:
I don't understand.

Well, that's why I'm not posting anything for the meantime because I know that the rollback will happen soon enough.

I hope it'll be sooner.

Dec 7, 2012 10:19 AM

Nov 2007
Glad to see it's back up.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 7, 2012 11:00 AM

Dec 2011
Vizard said:
Glad to see it's back up.

It isn't though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 7, 2012 2:56 PM
Feb 2012
We are mah threads.....Come on....
Dec 7, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2010
Monad said:
Goryo said:
I don't understand.

Well i guess they took too much time but still it's better to lose those 2.5 days i believe than old threads and stuff. Going by Kineta's words i guess they were trying to close a few holes in the code before they make the rollback and it took them a little too much time.

It's actually sad for peoples who wrote stuff and know it's going to disappear. I think there is a method to restore database without dropping current tables. Each thread have unique id, so it shouldn't be problem and duplicate threads can be deleted or merged later. Of-course i'm novice and admin know much about it and if possible then please do it without losing 2.5 days worth posts.
Dec 7, 2012 3:27 PM

Oct 2012
Han-yuu said:
Monad said:
Goryo said:
I don't understand.

It's actually sad for peoples who wrote stuff and know it's going to disappear. I think there is a method to restore database without dropping current tables. Each thread have unique id, so it shouldn't be problem and duplicate threads can be deleted or merged later. Of-course i'm novice and admin know much about it and if possible then please do it without losing 2.5 days worth posts.

Most of these threads are not worth saving anyway.

Users are intentionally making useless threads/posts in knowing it won't matter since a rollback will happen.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 7, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2011
Don't worry about losing your recent posts, since "rollback" will never happen.
Dec 7, 2012 4:02 PM

Jan 2012
Kyobotte said:
Don't worry about losing your recent posts, since "rollback" will never happen.

I don't care much about recent posts. I do like to see the old topics back, missing a lot now.
Dec 7, 2012 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
Wait there is still going to be a rollback, lol? I guess I should stop posting so much.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 7, 2012 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
I'm still waiting for that rollback. There are several old, but active club topics I want restored.
Dec 7, 2012 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
umm... it's already been two days and no sign of a rollback coming Q.Q
Dec 7, 2012 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
What happened to the rollback? -.-;
Could someone at least give us a rough estimate of when the rollback will occur?
I've been checking every hour of the past two days to see if anything happened.
Dec 7, 2012 11:12 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder if there is going to be one.
Dec 8, 2012 12:47 AM

Sep 2010
Sorry! We've had a problem keeping you logged in.
Please clear your cookies, close your browser, and try again to log in. Thanks.

Just checked. This happens when your ip changes. This is security measure against cookie stealing.
Dec 8, 2012 8:44 AM

Nov 2010
can an admin or someone tell us if there will be a roll back or not. i know everyone is busy uping security and fixing the site. i just want to know if we will be expecting a roll at all like it was mentioned before and when that will be. if there isnt going to be one id like to know so i can remake all the threads that i lost. plus id like to be able to add manga and anime to my list with out loosing them shortly after. >.<
Dec 8, 2012 9:27 AM

Mar 2012
infactuation21 said:
can an admin or someone tell us if there will be a roll back or not. i know everyone is busy uping security and fixing the site. i just want to know if we will be expecting a roll at all like it was mentioned before and when that will be. if there isnt going to be one id like to know so i can remake all the threads that i lost. plus id like to be able to add manga and anime to my list with out loosing them shortly after. >.<

It will be monday
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

208 by hawkpelt5 »»
4 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.