Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2012 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This was another good episode! I liked how Shizuku is dressed like a zombie nurse this episode. I also liked the way Natsume was dressed up as well. She kinda reminds me of Maria Ushiromiya from Umineko from that outfit. They both look good imo.

I found the drama stirred up by Yamaguchi a bit amusing as he earns himself some anger from Haru. His interactions with Shizuku this episode was also a nice watch. The ending was a bittersweet as I'm glad Shizuku and Haru made up again. Overall, I liked this episode.
Nov 19, 2012 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
School Festival time.

Chizuru was scary. Haru beating her up by accident caused by Yamaken guy. Haru's brother liking to tease is... And Haru finding class rep. as talk buddy.

Very nice ep. with friend giving advice and Chizuru realizing she hurt her feeling + reassuring the confused feeling.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 19, 2012 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
Finally, some development! Poor Natsume, she looked good in that outfit but will her relationship with Sasayan move forward?
Nov 19, 2012 11:24 AM
Sep 2011
God damnit Shizuku wants more time? Seriously I was just fine with this episode until she said that.
Why can't Haru just dump Shizuku and get with Oshino, you know? The nice one who views him as more important that a freaking number on her test paper. I swear Shizuku becomes a more dispicable human being with every episode and that ending just topped off my hatred for her, here's to hoping she will get a bit better by the ending.
Nov 19, 2012 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
Aww Natsume ;_; why u so cute.When she started to cry after making up with Shizuku i was like asgjhsafdghfjas.I can see Sasayan is starting to feel something to her too.He looked really serious after seeing her cry.
Shizuku is awesome as always, but she need to learn many things about life i guess.Im not blaming her.Last scene was absoloutely amazing.
Oh, and lol when he punched her.

edl01 said:
Why can't Haru just dump Shizuku and get with Oshino

Emm? maybe because he loves Shizuku? maybe because she was the one who ''saved'' him? without Shizuku he wouldnt even meet Oshima in first place, since he was missing school? and many other reasons.Not so hard to understand.
Nov 19, 2012 12:00 PM

May 2012
lol that hug part was funny.. "i dont know" "im not sure.."
lots of love triangles its getting interesting...

Nov 19, 2012 12:11 PM
Oct 2012
Hilarious episode.Mitty finaly realizes her words hurt...Haru freaked out pretty bad when he saw his bro.poor oshima ,he doesnt take her seriously at all lol.
Natsume...your cuteness lvl s going to kill us soon!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2012 12:24 PM
Oct 2009
It was a fun episode. I like Yamaken so it was quite enjoyable that he got more screentime. He's a nicer guy than he seemed at first.
Nov 19, 2012 12:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
WTF did the brother do to merit such violent reactions from everyone? He must be really manipulative or something.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was great. Too many hilarious moments to mention and the relationship between Haru and Shizuku made some progress again.
Ara ara.
Nov 19, 2012 12:47 PM
Mar 2012
Marzan said:
WTF did the brother do to merit such violent reactions from everyone?
That's what I've been wondering! Yuuzan must have done something terrible to traumatize them so much. And not only Haru, but Yamaguchi, too.

Had hoped for a little more romance with Yamaguchi, but oh well, at least there were some hints.
Nov 19, 2012 12:49 PM
Nov 2011
I'm starting to not care about their relationship anymore. The girl with the glasses is best girl.
Nov 19, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Oshima. Trying to confess her love, only to become a hostage in a situation that escalated so quickly. xD
Nov 19, 2012 12:53 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode. I like how Shizuku finally realized that she's insensitive and apologized to Natsume and Haru. Haru lost his mind again when he met his brother and poor Chizuru got friend zoned again.
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Does Shizuku's look remind anyone of Momoji and her teddy bear from Binbō-gami ga?
Nov 19, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2012
egoplant said:
I'm starting to not care about their relationship anymore. The girl with the glasses is best girl.

i advice u to drop this series.. u should already know from ep1 that glass girl dont stand a chance.. shes just an adviser but haru sometimes airheadness never understands her..

Nov 19, 2012 1:18 PM
Jun 2012
AiCon said:
Does Shizuku's look remind anyone of Momoji and her teddy bear from Binbō-gami ga?

Huh, actually yeah, it does.

I hoped we would get to see a flashback showing what happened with Yuuzan. Oh well.
Pretty sure it's coming soon.
Nov 19, 2012 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
Marzan said:
That's what I've been wondering! Yuuzan must have done something terrible to traumatize them so much. And not only Haru, but Yamaguchi, too.

Had hoped for a little more romance with Yamaguchi, but oh well, at least there were some hints.

Well, don't know why they left this part out in the anime (since the manga chapters covered in this episode explained it pretty clearly), but as for Yamaguchi being afraid of Yuzan...

Don't know anything beyond that. After episode 7, I got too eager to see what would happen next, so I just read a few chapters of the manga (only up to episode 8 in terms of story content).
Nov 19, 2012 1:21 PM
Oct 2012
egoplant said:

The reason why this is not another fluffly shoujo kirekire anime is cause they dont rush to the point.You should sit back and enjoy the comedy:DAlways watch an episode with what you know about the characters.A girl with no friends ,no life except books,no interests cant transform to a hot romantic chick in 8 eps.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 2011
AHHHHH!
HARU AND SHIZUKU ARE KILLING MEEEEE!
Sep 2012
nauticalblue said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
Marzan said:

Well, don't know why they left this part out in the anime (since the manga chapters covered in this episode explained it pretty clearly), but as for Yamaguchi being afraid of Yuzan...

Don't know anything beyond that. After episode 7, I got too eager to see what would happen next, so I just read a few chapters of the manga (only up to episode 8 in terms of story content).
They probably left that out for this episode because there wasn't room to fit all that without disrupting the flow of the episode. I'm sure that they'll include that backstory on a future episode where they can devote more time to it.
Nov 19, 2012 1:37 PM

May 2011
Great episode. I normally don't like most of the cast in shoujo anime. This one is different. I'm having a hard time finding a favorite character between Natsume and Shizuku.
Nov 19, 2012 1:38 PM

May 2011
Ah Haru, you're so unpredictable there.

That scene at the the end was lovely.
Nov 19, 2012 1:42 PM

May 2008
My One True Pairing getting back together...*´ヮ`* ♥

LEGOF said:
Great episode. I normally don't like most of the cast in shoujo anime. This one is different. I'm having a hard time finding a favorite character between Natsume and Shizuku.

I know right? * 'ヮ' * All (or most) of the casts in this anime are likable XD
Nov 19, 2012 1:43 PM
Aug 2012
Avato-chan said:
AHHHHH!
HARU AND SHIZUKU ARE KILLING MEEEEE!
Nov 19, 2012 1:46 PM

Jan 2011
egoplant said:

I personally think that it's the relationship between Haru and Shizuku that makes this anime/story kind of unique so far. I find the way the two interact very interesting because of their unique personalities. Every single conversation they have had so far in the story has really engaged me. I don't mind that Shizuku is conflicted by the way Haru makes her feel and the way those feelings distract her from her goal. In a way I think that's the only way she knows how to protect her goal and herself against unwanted feelings such as jealousy, etc.

However, I suspect that she will continue to change little by little but I hope not too much that she isn't as unique as I find her now. Haru is a bit wild and I hope he learns to tone that down as the story progresses but I also really like his personality.

What I don't want to see is this story devolve into love triangles as the basis for the growth/progression of the story and characters. Countless shoujo use this approach and I really hope this story does not go that route.
Nov 19, 2012 1:49 PM
Oct 2012
tsubakix said:
egoplant said:

The reason why this is not another fluffly shoujo kirekire anime is cause they dont rush to the point.You should sit back and enjoy the comedy:DAlways watch an episode with what you know about the characters.A girl with no friends ,no life except books,no interests cant transform to a hot romantic chick in 8 eps.

That is what makes this so much better than your normal shoujo manga. Mitte is changing, but her change is occurring naturally, and she is remaining in character as she changes: this isn't like Suki or Todoke, where the girl is merely an outcast waiting for her Prince Charming to come riding up on his white horse to rescue her and show everyone else how nice the girl really is. Mitte is prickly, she wasn't isolated, she decided she wanted to be alone and while she does love Haru, she isn't sure if she really wants to change, she is by far the most proactive and real Shoujo character I have seen in a long while.

The same is also true of Haru. He isn't the traditional "bad boy saved by the love of a beautiful woman" trope that is far too common in shoujo manga. He is working at this as well, taking a step back for every one point two steps forward.

It has a good pace, a real pace, and it makes the journey interesting to watch.
Nov 19, 2012 2:19 PM
Aug 2012
HARU OR STUDYING ?
it's not much of a dilemma if u ask me.....stupid shizuku
;)
Nov 19, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
It got little bit slow but i still like it.
Nov 19, 2012 2:25 PM

Mar 2012
damn I'm not good with shipping two pairings
I just like Yamaken

jeez Yuzan is really weird
I really wawnna know what happened

wooho Sasayan was jealous of mi-san with Natsume
Nov 19, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Was thinking of bringing this show down a point, but this episode redeemed itself :D
I know studying is important, especially so in Asian countries, but common, you have a bit of an obsession there Shizuku.

I feel bad for Ooshima, she keeps getting shut down every time she tries to confess xD

"Lets play pretend-Zelda!" OH GOD MY SIDES XD
QuiGonJonNov 19, 2012 2:42 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 19, 2012 2:44 PM

Aug 2009
OHHH GOSHH THE CUTENESSSS

OH GOSH THE OSTTTTTTSSSS T ~ T <3 <3 <3
Nov 19, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was great! Like everyone says, both Shizuku and Haru's changes make sense and are occurring at a natural pace. Although I really do want a kiss scene already, it's nice to know that I'll be able to at least somewhat relate to the feelings of the main characters.

However, this anime has a few loose ends they're creating that they may not be able to tie up with 13 episodes. For example, are we ever going to see Haru's dad or Shizuku's brother? Both were either talked about or given a 3 second screen time and although it would be easy to forgo them, I think they deserve at least a one minute time each (not playing any important role or anything) just there and then gone. They could show the brother introducing himself at the house because his dad forced him when Haru comes over or something. Also, I think it's about time Haru and Shizuku learned about eachother's past.

Also, the development with Natsume and Sasayan isn't really progressing, character wise. Natsume is still crying and Sasayan still seems like the easy going guy. I think their relationship or character upgrade could easily be done without having to complicate things (as I see the producer doing with Mitsuyoshi being flung in...). It'd be a nice contrast against the complexity of Haru and Shizuku's relationship. And where the heck is Haru's aunt's development? And that blond guy we saw? And what about that female teacher from the very beginning? You can't just fling in so many characters and expect it all to smooth out in 5 more episodes!

Continuing, the Yamaken love triangle hinting is bothering me =.= I think it'd be better if they wouldn't go there. And Oshima is starting to get annoying. Just have her confess already! Get her a pep talk or something, she and Haru can get a character upgrade when he apologizes to her when she confesses! He'll learn to recognize people's feelings and his own than just taking it literally and she'll learn to move on.

Anyways, I'm glad Shizuku finally reopened communication and realized that if she wanted friendships, she was going to have to work on them and for them. I also appreciated the bit shown when she stated she didn't want to give up studying for Haru, not without thinking it through at least. This let me know how much it affects her truly, studying being her foundation and all.

More importantly, most people aren't getting this even though the hints have been everywhere, but Shizuku's mom is a business woman (or something along those lines) who is never home. Therefore, she's a hardworker, and focused on work 24/7. Don't you think she'd pass those traits and lessons and orders on to her daughter? Shizuku wants to be successful. She's studying to have a stable and successful career and obviously her father is easy going enough not to mix in his own input- which really stains the 'father' part of his role. I think it'd be a nice development and it would help some other viewers to understand if Shizuku's father actually talked to Shizuku or someone about how he feels about all the studying and his wife and etc. It could clear up those misunderstandings and maybe bring Haru and Shizuku closer together. It'd also resolve a bit, if we solidify the fact that Shizuku's mom is never going to appear in this anime. Then we can stop waiting.

All in all, good episode, but expecting a tad bit more. Either that or there better be more than just 13 episodes if they want to be able to tie up all the loose ends of the developments they're making.
SpiraiNov 19, 2012 3:00 PM
Nov 19, 2012 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
i KINDA feel bad for Ooshima for getting rejected several times she tries to confess but she doesn't stand a chance against Shizuku. :/

Base on the manga I'm guessing they will end the show PROBABLY after the crazy triangle of love between Yamaken and Haru both confess(sorry for spoil for other people :( if you havent read the manga)

Slowly the episode is getting interesting between Haru and Shizuku so much misunderstanding lol
Nov 19, 2012 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
Best episode so far. I really lol'd at the "female to male attraction" part.

5/5
Nov 19, 2012 3:12 PM

Mar 2012
This was a slight improvement over the last episode, but it's not altogether great, merely settling into a passable decency. There's a strange dichotomy present here, as this episode possessed a noticeable contrast between it's few meaningful, integral developments within the story and the disappointingly dull, unenjoyable nature of the episode as a whole. Unfortunately, the last three episodes, though reasonably good in their own right, haven't been nearly as terrific and satisfying as those that came before. As such, these latest temporary, insignificant developments and the unnecessary broadening of the secondary characters has slightly weakened the story and has partially ruined the pacing of the overall narrative.

The ending was easily the best part of the episode, since Haru and Shizuku's compelling, enjoyable relationship continues to be the most impressive element of each episode, and, though partially understandable, Haru and Shizuku's self-inflicted distance from one another had become tired and repetitive. Of course, even this moment wasn't allowed to be entirely satisfying, since Shizuku simply needs to ask for more time, which, aside from cheaply extending their separation, isn't really an understandable decision. Then, due to these perpetual complications, Yamaken will inevitably interfere with an elevated frequency, gradually becoming increasingly prevalent in the story, so that their dragging, monotonous separation will endure for an even lengthier amount of time.

Haru is definitely my favorite character, as his socially awkward, retaliatory personality is exceptionally endearing and quite original, so it was a bit disappointing that he was missing from much of the episode. Shizuku is a somewhat flawed, but excellent and considerably intriguing character. It was nice that she finally acknowledged her inability to be honest with herself and that she took responsibility for the mistakes she had been making, though it does occasionally become a bit grating when she continually denies her feelings, and, upon eventually accepting them, she won't even allow herself to fully embrace these emotions.

Natsume, once again, is a terrific character, as she consistently provides some of the best moments and hilariously exaggerated reactions in nearly every episode. Though not particularly ideal, it seems to be subtly foreshadowed that she'll eventually, if not already, have feelings for Mitsuyoshi, which, if this does occur, will only likely induce a heightened focus on her relationship with Sasayan, since it's starting to appear that he's romantically attracted to her. Regardless, it will be greatly interesting to see how their complex dynamic continues to evolve as the story progresses.

Yamaken's sudden infusion into the narrative feels thoroughly artificial and immensely forced. Of course, it's immediately evident that his sole purpose is to insufferably interject between Haru and Shizuku's relationship, attempting to manipulate their emotions for his own selfish desires, while existing as a singularly possessive sort of character. Even though, due to his role as a rival, he's intended to be somewhat aggravating, his actual characterization portrays one of the biggest flaws in the story, which are highlighted by his contrived involvement, as, unlike Oshiima, he's consistently unlikable, which is a highly disappointing differentiation from the other characters. Basically, his fear of Yuzan is the only aspect of his characterization that is remotely likable.

Oshima's nearly as useless as Yamaken, but, thankfully, she's a far better character. I still don't find her particularly interesting, nor do I think her interactions with Haru are anything more than mildly amusing, but, at the very least, she's relatively tolerable throughout the majority of the time she appears in an episode. Yamaken's interactions with Shizuku aren't engaging either and they're far from interesting. As such, the scene in which he begins to realize his feelings for Shizuku was as trite and uninteresting as these unimportant moments typically tend to be.

The confrontation between Haru and Yuzan was excellently directed, as it illuminated the emotional resentment and tense volatility that Haru was displaying towards Yuzan in a wonderfully expressive fashion. Musically, this episode was fantastic, especially the selections that were used during said confrontation and the moment Shizuku was reflectively pondering on the struggles of her relationship. The visuals are, as always, extremely good and complementary to the tone of the show, and, as such, the vibrantly colorful aesthetic of the background art really illustrates a suitably lively, energetic atmosphere.

All in all, Tonari has been quite good, but rarely great throughout the last three episodes. The weakest elements of this episode, aside from Yamaken, were it's surpising lack of enjoyment in comparison to the other episodes and it's increasingly noticeable tendency to falter into a mediocre predictability. Essentially, one of the primary reasons for this criticism is the two newest characters, as the story wouldn't suffer at all if Oshima and Yamaken weren't involved, or if, at the very least, they were strictly relegated to the secondary characters that they are and always will be, which would clearly be for the best. It's rather unfortunate that a show as great as this couldn't avoid the seeming necessity for a terribly cliche and woefully drama-filled preference for nonsensical, pointless love triangles, so I must admit to an increasing disappointment at how conventionally shoujo this has become. I certainly expect the show to return to the brilliant quality of it's earlier episodes, but I remain rather hesitant to place full confidence in the immediacy of it's arrival, since the story could potentially lean in a temporarily meandering direction for the next several episodes. All I ultimately desire though, is for the seemingly imminent triangle involving Yamaken to be permanently dealt with prior to the conclusion of the show.
Nov 19, 2012 3:20 PM

May 2012
Love that hug at the end :)
Nov 19, 2012 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
I loved this episode!!!!

Haru punched Shizuku! That was hilarious. LOL

But her response was COLD! LOL

You know there's a simple solution to her need to concentrate on studying and not him... all they need to do is study together. I get it that he doesn't need to study, but shit... there are things he doesn't know that she knows and vice-versa.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 19, 2012 3:36 PM

Aug 2011
FALCOOONN PUUUNCHHUUU
Nov 19, 2012 3:39 PM

Jun 2009
EstelleBright said:
FALCOOONN PUUUNCHHUUU

Dying omg

I really like Yamaken, so I can't help but feel sorry for him in advance ;~;
Also Natsume is loosing her touch, she was damn hilarious in the first episodes but now she's ... normal -gasp-. I still love her, though.
Nov 19, 2012 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Chizuru getting caught in the middle again, lol.
Nov 19, 2012 3:41 PM

Nov 2012
I loved the part where Nagoya pooped on the guy's head
Nov 19, 2012 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
"Let's play pretend-Zelda!" XD
Running around with a chicken over your head is my favorite activity while playing Zelda.

I loved that we got to see all the characters ^^
And Yuzan was eating all the time as usual XD Love Yuzan!
Nov 19, 2012 3:55 PM

Oct 2008
EstelleBright said:
FALCOOONN PUUUNCHHUUU

same me this is me

but this was a nice episode and their relationship is progressing even if only it's just a little. yamaken is pissing me off a bit and he obviously likes shizuku now no excuse me pls leave this is not about to turn into a love triangle.
Nov 19, 2012 4:06 PM
Nov 2011
tsubakix said:
egoplant said:

Yeah but considering how much change she went through in the first episode alone. The series is all over the place in terms of pacing.
Nov 19, 2012 4:33 PM

Aug 2012
Natsume-san's so cute <3 Decent ep
Nov 19, 2012 4:46 PM

May 2008
Lol why are so many people afraid of Yuzan , i still do not understand . Looks like they are almost in a relationship already XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 19, 2012 5:04 PM

Jun 2010
I managed to read the next episode's title without the help of subtitles. YES. I feel so accomplished.

Two times he's hit her and she doesn't even care.

Nov 19, 2012 5:10 PM

Dec 2010
The reactions to Haru hitting Shizuku were lol XD
Nov 19, 2012 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
really well done :D i remember those costumes everyone wore !
Nov 19, 2012 5:40 PM

Feb 2010
One of the best episodes so far... excellent pacing...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.