Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2012 2:22 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
NOOOOOO....!!! :'( :'( *sound of heart breaking*

So near and yet so far... And they are getting further and further apart.. At this rate I think I can only see a repeat of the past (I think the cover page is symbolic of this).

Why Kou why?! Why must you be such a kind person and do that for Narumi??! I can only wish that you were not that kind a person and just be a bit more selfish and whisk Futaba away to happy land together and leave Narumi alone! :'( On the other hand, his decision to do that is not kind to Futaba...at all...

Perhaps Kou needs to feel jealous for there to be some progress in his relationship with Futaba...and that's where Touma comes into the picture...?
blue-yNov 8, 2012 7:31 AM
Nov 8, 2012 6:55 AM

May 2007
OMFG... Translations, translations. ;-;
Nov 8, 2012 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
KAL3S said:
OMFG... Translations, translations. ;-;

No english translations yet, so far there's only the chinese translations. Even from the pictures alone, it is heartbreaking! I bet reading the english released scans would make me feel even worse...!
Nov 8, 2012 10:26 AM

Mar 2012
depressed (︶︹︺)
Nov 8, 2012 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
It looks like Kou gave up on Futaba ;__;.
Nov 9, 2012 4:27 AM

Sep 2008
OMG! Thank you Shuuko and Yuuri.
Finally somebody tell this Futaba.
Instead explain everything, she run away from problem.
And she always cry... -.-
She was such strong, cheerful character...
what happen with her?
She could be mad at someone and now...
Also I thought she know Kou... -.-
How she could expect Kou will tell her, he like her?!

I surprised that I don't really mad at Kou.
He isn't that type of friend who only see you when he need something.
Also I think Futaba should try to understand how everybody feel instead of focusing on yourself
and her happness...
Nov 10, 2012 11:29 AM

Jun 2010
Well, after this chapter I can understand better why Kou want to help Narumi, but I still think that he's making it by the wrong way.
I mean, what he's planning to confort her, huh? He knows that Narumi like him, so maybe he's thinking on become her boyfriend still loving Futaba? That's ridiculous. He can stay by her side and be with Futaba at the same time, but looks like he's so weak that can't do both together.
Yuuri was amazing in this chapter again, loved when she scolded Futaba. That's what Fu-chan was needing, but she still need courage to tell Kou her feelings properly. Ok, I know that she asked him first about the kisses because she was afraid of confess and be rejected, but maybe it would be what Kou need to think better about this situation. All the history is a big mess right now, and I'm very disappointed for Sakisaka have made it right after that amazing chapter #21...
Can't wait to see what Touma will do in the next chapters, considering that Futaba is so less to realize the things... I laughed so loud when she joked about the possibility of Touma like her, haha. He'll need to do some "action" to her understand. ;)
Really want to see what will be Kou's reaction, if he'll be the boy with attitude that we know and will fight for her, or if he'll give up thinking on don't make her suffer anymore.

Let's see what will happen!
Nov 10, 2012 12:06 PM

Sep 2008
I don't think Kou will start dating Yui.
He just want to help through this difficult time.
Just like she help him.
Nov 11, 2012 9:08 AM

Dec 2011
This twist feels way too forced. Sakisaka ruined the amazing chapter (21) with all this unnecessary drama. When Kou and Futaba make up with each other, I'm expecting another kiss. Dammit.
Nov 11, 2012 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
Haven't ' read chapter 23 but from reading other people's rage about chapter 23 (from other sites) I'm guessing it's pretty bad and painful.... about kou comparing futaba to narumi's grief... am i right? ugh!!!! chapter 21 was so perfect then after the other one my hope just chattered I'm dying reading it! i just wanna see Kou suffer from taking back futaba or die in jealousy from seeing futaba with touma....

(im sorry for raging) please tell me this torture will be over soon??
Nov 24, 2012 9:07 PM

Jun 2009
From what I understood in the rough translations, the thing is getting worse. I believe Kou has this twisted idea in his mind of helping Narumi because she helped him when his parents got divorced... and I mean, it was a nice gesture of her and everything, but he doesn't have to give up on the person HE LOVES just to ~try~ to respond to other person's feelings. And he's aware of Narumi's feelings about him and still he's at her side, that will hurt her more imho, because she'll see he's in love with someone else and that'll just break her heart and she doesn't deserve that, even though i don't particularly like her *ahem*.

For what I see this is the /perfect/ chance for Touma to make his move. I'm pretty sure Futaba would reject him but say... if Touma kisses her or Kou sees them hugging or something he will go batshit crazy and will run back to Futaba, to my dismay because I really adore Touma ;__;

We'll see what happens, but I still want to hit Kou :/
Dec 14, 2012 6:15 PM

Dec 2009
): Whoa this chapter got nothing but worse...

I think Futaba should have just confessed to Kou instead of asking about the kiss. I feel like neither or them are straight forward and it makes things extremely unclear. BUT ... it was obvious she knew he was lying about the kiss, so maybe once she cools her head they will make-up...?

Kou, I see he wants to help his friend. But he's going about it the wrong way. & giving up on Futaba to console Narumi is only going to end up hurting her & him. I'm mad at Kou for not listening to Aya when he warned him about this, and the way he acted "hot" and "cold" towards Futaba is enough to upset any girl. So I really wasn't surprised when she started to tear up like that.

Touma! Everyone except Futaba has realizes he like her. He should make his feelings known now though, and see how things play out. I like Touma, but I don't think he will when over Futaba. It would be nice to see Kou reaping what he sews if Touma does get close to Futaba though.

Oh, & Aya was called cool by Shuuko c:
Dec 14, 2012 6:45 PM

Nov 2011
Another depressing chapter. It was just because of the "mood"? I facepalmed myself at that.
Dec 14, 2012 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
KOU I HATE YOU!!!!!!! T___T
Dec 14, 2012 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
blue-y said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
NOOOOOO....!!! :'( :'( *sound of heart breaking*

So near and yet so far... And they are getting further and further apart.. At this rate I think I can only see a repeat of the past (I think the cover page is symbolic of this).

Why Kou why?! Why must you be such a kind person and do that for Narumi??! I can only wish that you were not that kind a person and just be a bit more selfish and whisk Futaba away to happy land together and leave Narumi alone! :'( On the other hand, his decision to do that is not kind to Futaba...at all...

Perhaps Kou needs to feel jealous for there to be some progress in his relationship with Futaba...and that's where Touma comes into the picture...?

I agree. Kou needs to feel some jealousy. Maybe then he'll finally wake up and realize how much in love he is with Futaba *pout*
Dec 14, 2012 11:00 PM

Nov 2009
Maybe... Maybe... the part where the two main characters end up together won't happen and futaba will end up with touma?*ends joke*

nah... by the course the manga is taking, I can bet that only a toumaxfutaba couple will be able to make Kou go back on the tracks. But after all he's done, I don't think I could forgive him if I was Futaba... he just went toooo far this time.
One more chapter of this kind and I think I'm going to drop the manga since I already read the story in Bokura Ga Ita.
Dec 15, 2012 5:30 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, Kou is an idiot. A real idiot. But! I CAN'T hate him, I can't help it.

The story is narrated by Futaba's point of view, so it's obvious that everybody is taking her side. That's why I was really glad that in this chapter we could also come to know some of Kou's thoughts. Nobody is putting himself in his shoes and only read the story with Futaba's eyes... and come on, it's obvious that he's suffering like hell. He loves Futaba (I cried a lot here), but Narumi shares the same pain with him and wants to help her.

blue-y said:

Why Kou why?! Why must you be such a kind person and do that for Narumi??! I can only wish that you were not that kind a person and just be a bit more selfish and whisk Futaba away to happy land together and leave Narumi alone!

If that happened, this manga would have already ended, lol.
Anyway, yes, that's the point. Kou is stupid and he's going to hurt not only himself, but also both Futaba and Narumi, but he's not an asshole.
"Always holding back, pretending to be fine, holding back and holding back, only to end up losing everything" is what he says about Narumi. But it's the same thing he's doing too, suppressing his feelings.
And then "Is it so wrong to have given her a place to cry?" So, if he's now offering himself to help Narumi, that means that later he'll need somebody to offers himself to help him... and that person will be Futaba, I hope.

Anyway, there's a thing I don't understand... I'm maybe going a little off topic, so I put it under spoiler
Dec 15, 2012 6:48 AM

Sep 2008
When all Ao Haru Ride fans sit here and complain about Kou’s actions and behavior…
I’m sitting here like that…

because I’m pretty sure how will this story end
and what an amazing and touching moments Sakisaka Io will prepare for us :)
Dec 15, 2012 8:01 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Actually I don't think Kou is selfless and just decides to sacrifice himself.

We learnt a bit more about Narumi and those things made her more likeable in my eyes. A girl who was very hurt from the divorce of her parents and then losing the only place she had to hide everything she was feeling. Call her selfish, call her annoying, but she basically tried to keep what she had only left and that was Kou. Sure, I'd prefer if she stopped messing with him and leave but where would she go? He was the only one who really understood her and developed some kind of feelings as well. It's not fair to judge her compared to the rest of the girls in the manga. They are mentally and sentimentally better. She kind of reminds me of Mayuka in Strobe Edge. She just needs the motivation to move forward and gain some goals thus live happily.

Kou on the other hand, sees a bit of himself in her. She helped him in the past and he saw right through her pretense and honestly wants to help her. If you knew someone for some years that you felt close to and wanted them to be happy, lying and crying for the first time, what would you do? Just think they don't deserve it and let them be? He knows no better and the only thing he can do is stay by her side. There are really no right and wrong choices in Narumi's case. She needs to discover herself and admittedly relying too much on Kou and he spoiling her won't help much, but being left behind is also not going to help much. They know no middle way so Kou decides he wants to help her find happiness just as he got some happiness but not cutting off Futaba would hurt the trio even more.

Honestly, I just think the timing is bad and that Narumi doesn't have any other close relationship with someone to rely upon. So basically, what we are waiting for right now is for Narumi to feel better about everything and gain more confidence to stand on her own 2 feet. But while she does that, Futaba is going to be chased by Kikuchi and will start lowering her guard bit by bit. In the middle we are gonna have a torn Kou who wants to help Narumi and doesn't wanna see Futaba with someone else but will have to fight the urge followed by some mini explosions of jealousy till in the end, Narumi is ok, Futaba rejects Kikuchi properly and Kou is finally at peace and both of them can try again.
Dec 15, 2012 9:40 AM

Dec 2009
Bah, this gets me a little depressed, but oh well, I know that they'll end together anyway. It's just sad that after being so close they'll get so far at each other now.
Dec 15, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
I would definitely give this manga a higher rating if it does the unexpected. But right now, it doesn't seem so.

OG-3 said:
This twist feels way too forced. Sakisaka ruined the amazing chapter (21) with all this unnecessary drama. When Kou and Futaba make up with each other, I'm expecting another kiss. Dammit.

+1
Dec 15, 2012 11:25 PM

Sep 2011
Ugg, I hate this after they had just gotten closer. I hated him ripping her name out, that just sucked.
Dec 16, 2012 2:31 AM

Sep 2010
OMG HE IS BEING SUCH A DICK.

I'm sorry, I just had to get my anger out... If I was her I'd slap him for being so horrible to her..
Dec 16, 2012 4:50 AM

Nov 2007
I HATED KOU in this chapter.
ITS DEFINITELY NOT WRONG TO GIVE NARUMI A PLACE TO CRY! BUT IF YOU WILL GIVE IT TO HER AND SACRIFICE FUTABA's SAKE, THAT"S THE MOST DEFINITELY WRONG PART! Geez! How can you be sooo pathetic?! Ugh. Anyway, After Futabe did her part, I don't want her to do anything now. I mean, I want her to give more disatnce so Kou will realize what he did. Shames! Hate >.<
Dec 17, 2012 4:45 AM

Jun 2010
Narumi is pissing me even more... I mean, she is using her whole life misfortune as a chance to get near Kou. At this point, I do not think she cares so much about her family, but mainly to get Kou.

And Kou is just immature.

Seems like the author is just out of ideas & she is trying to force things, or she is prepares something else... I hope Ao Haru Ride won't fall under the category of typical shoujo.
Dec 18, 2012 7:01 AM

Mar 2012
Maffy said:
Actually I don't think Kou is selfless and just decides to sacrifice himself.

We learnt a bit more about Narumi and those things made her more likeable in my eyes. A girl who was very hurt from the divorce of her parents and then losing the only place she had to hide everything she was feeling. Call her selfish, call her annoying, but she basically tried to keep what she had only left and that was Kou. Sure, I'd prefer if she stopped messing with him and leave but where would she go? He was the only one who really understood her and developed some kind of feelings as well. It's not fair to judge her compared to the rest of the girls in the manga. They are mentally and sentimentally better. She kind of reminds me of Mayuka in Strobe Edge. She just needs the motivation to move forward and gain some goals thus live happily.

Kou on the other hand, sees a bit of himself in her. She helped him in the past and he saw right through her pretense and honestly wants to help her. If you knew someone for some years that you felt close to and wanted them to be happy, lying and crying for the first time, what would you do? Just think they don't deserve it and let them be? He knows no better and the only thing he can do is stay by her side. There are really no right and wrong choices in Narumi's case. She needs to discover herself and admittedly relying too much on Kou and he spoiling her won't help much, but being left behind is also not going to help much. They know no middle way so Kou decides he wants to help her find happiness just as he got some happiness but not cutting off Futaba would hurt the trio even more.

Honestly, I just think the timing is bad and that Narumi doesn't have any other close relationship with someone to rely upon. So basically, what we are waiting for right now is for Narumi to feel better about everything and gain more confidence to stand on her own 2 feet. But while she does that, Futaba is going to be chased by Kikuchi and will start lowering her guard bit by bit. In the middle we are gonna have a torn Kou who wants to help Narumi and doesn't wanna see Futaba with someone else but will have to fight the urge followed by some mini explosions of jealousy till in the end, Narumi is ok, Futaba rejects Kikuchi properly and Kou is finally at peace and both of them can try again.

bless this post.

I actually can't hate/be mad at Kou, tbh.
May 20, 2014 3:57 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, Kou really is an idiot. As if ignoring Futaba's and his own feelings and taking care of Narumi out of pity would help anyone. Nothing good would ever come out of a situation like that..
Sep 23, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
He really ripped it? Damn.
Stupid Kou. Also, I'm pretty sure he's dating Narumi now. The whole "I've given her a place to cry" thing is a dead give-away.

Tbh, I'm not really mad at Kou. As a fangirl, I'm mad, but as an actual person, I'm not mad. He's doing what he believes is right, and hey, maybe it is. He's helping Narumi out during this difficult time. I just think his feelings for her are not romantic though, so he shouldn't try to force himself into that role. Also, he could have been less of a bastard to Futaba.
What upsets me is that my boyfriend is a lot like Kou, in that kind disposition. I have nightmares of him defending another girl over me, because of her feelings. There just has to be a line somewhere, but even I don't know where it should be.

Bleh.
*cheers for Touma*
fishergirl16Sep 23, 2014 5:32 PM
Feb 1, 2015 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
RiukixD said:
Wow, Kou really is an idiot. As if ignoring Futaba's and his own feelings and taking care of Narumi out of pity would help anyone. Nothing good would ever come out of a situation like that..
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 2, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
I like the way this is going.
Feb 8, 2015 10:41 PM

Jan 2014
I'd do the same as Kou if I were him, probably. But, dang, I don't think Narumi needed anything more than a friend, and that's something he could've been to her without hurting Futaba. AAAAA grr. whatever.
Feb 8, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
Good chapter.
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Dec 6, 2015 10:19 AM
Oct 2015
I WILL LITErALLY KILL KOU ONE OF THESE DAYS
Dec 11, 2015 8:53 PM

May 2013
*siiiigggghhhhhhhhh* Oh Kou, what such naivety doth lie in you. Sometimes you're no good for Futaba-chan. Always making her cry. A guy like you can't be the one for her in those moments. I'm still wishing for y'all, but I feel my standards falling.

This might be an evil mangaka to make Futaba and Kikku a permanent happening... but still, I suppose I'll try to root for y'all still :/ Step up your game though, Kou. Pls. It's called multi-tasking. Smh.
Dec 30, 2015 5:45 PM

Jan 2015
Noooooooooooooooo he ripped the page???
Apr 10, 2016 7:41 PM

Feb 2015
Gahhhhhhhh. Koi, whyyyy. You can't do that.
Jul 8, 2016 8:50 PM

Feb 2013
Kou is being an idiot. Ugh, I'm so mad.
Jul 23, 2019 11:13 AM

Mar 2018
Lmao this is such a cheap plot.Both of their parents divorced, and they both have a parent with ilness.What a fucking 'coincidence'!What is next?They are distant relative or something?

Such a big letdown from anime...
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Apr 3, 2020 8:07 PM
Nov 2015
I hate this so freaking much cuz It make no sense, i can relate to the trauma of loosing someone for cáncer but is not relatabld that you Will drop the person Who give you a smile and willing to live again yo go back to a girl you dont like at the moment, cuz lets be real he likes yutaba right now, so why on Earth would you do that for symplathy ???? Is a cheap plot and i hate It to the Core!
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM
Jul 2019
Kou was soooo close to closing this tension out only 2 chapters ago... THEN THIS DUMBASS SCREWS IT UP.  At this point, screw it; rooting for Toma for the meantime. Kou needs to redeem himself for now (Which may be pretty hard noticing that he ripped the page with Futaba's name).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2013

73 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.