Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 15, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
I loved the fight lol, idiots.
Jun 14, 2014 11:19 AM

Jan 2014
Drama with Aizawa... New members of the investigation team, which
are above all in fact-criminals. Gets even more interesting ;) Me likey!
Jun 21, 2014 10:11 AM

Jun 2014
i cant stand light but i liked him better as kira.

wtf i want ryuk back NOW
Aug 31, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2014
Well, last two episodes weren't as dark as the previous ones but I don't mind. They were easier to watch.
Sep 10, 2014 8:17 PM

Mar 2014
Hm... not a bad episode. I think my favorite part was the fight between Light and L. The very end was awkward. Uhhh.
Oct 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, everyone here is focused on the (fairly boring) L vs Light fight or how Light isn't as fun now that he's not a twisted genius, but it was the drama surrounding Aizawa that made this episode for me. I got some heavy feels with that.

I actually kind of like L more over the last two episodes somehow. He seems more... human than he did previously.
ZadionOct 8, 2014 9:58 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 25, 2015 5:33 AM
Nov 2014
Interesting episode, but hopefully the OLD Light come back quickly.
May 29, 2015 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
4/5
Aug 13, 2015 6:52 AM
Jan 2015
Guess Aizawa feels like a failure now, L did broke him.

I suppose L thinks not even catching the Yotsuba employee will end this case, since he is theorizing Kira can control people.

Anyway, the third Kira is careless, these two criminals will get him in no time. Unless he do the eyes trade....
Oct 3, 2015 12:57 PM

Mar 2010
The atmosphere itself is different, but its only a build up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2015 12:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The animation quality dropped. But the Light vs. L fight made up for it.

4/5
Nov 9, 2015 6:19 AM

Nov 2014
The 2 criminals working with them seem like they will be fun :D
Jan 20, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2015
-Celestial- said:
How can you NOT like L? Honestly, he's just one of those characters, and I believe that those who disagree are just being stubborn or dare to be different (usually I'm that way, but not this time).

Anyway, this episode went by fast for me, and it was so nice to see a touch of comedy for once. Seems like a set-up for something bigger, and I don't think the next episode will deliver, maybe the one after that...

Exactly, I also can't see why anyone would dislike or even hate L. I really like him.
I too like the diversity of this anime. Right now it's a lot different from how it was a few episodes ago, but I'm enjoying it so much. And I agree with your opinion, I sense something fascinating on the way.

Loved the fight between L and Light so much :D I was laughing so hard (I'm a bad person haha). I guess we were all waiting for that fight xP It was great.
Can't wait to see Ryuk again. Shinigami are so awesome.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jul 29, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
Quite dramatic thoughts the end.. Either way, awesome and rather interesting, but curious on what happened too Ryuk n all, what about the death note..Light?? poor matsuda.. ish xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 14, 2016 1:20 PM

May 2014
This is getting boring so far.
Mar 9, 2017 11:34 PM

Apr 2016
This has to be one of the most rapid nosedives I've seen a series take.
Apr 18, 2017 6:31 AM

Sep 2016
What we learnt from L: Wanna eat sweets but still keep fit? Use your brain more!

The scene where Matsuda can hear what he was talked about by L & Light under the stare of his colleagues was hilarious.
Jun 4, 2017 2:59 PM

May 2015
I feel like this anime could've stopped after episode 16. I'm hoping it starts to pickup again soon and doesn't just fall of the cliff
Aug 13, 2017 6:53 AM

May 2014
anyone else miss ryuk?
Aug 13, 2017 9:34 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
this is getting boring .__. idk why but i am loosing the fun here

Aug 27, 2017 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
After the 16th episode, I feel like the pace dropped tremendously and the show doesn't have it's previous charm in it. I hope it recovers quickly, I was enjoying the first 15 episodes much more than I expected it to be.
Sep 17, 2017 7:44 AM

May 2014
Wow. Okay, so I learned two very valuable things this episode:

1. L is way more flexible than I thought.
2. He can also tie cherry stalks with his tongue.

I've officially decided that innocent Light is way creepier than psycho murderer Light. It's unnerving seeing him be a compassionate person lmao
Typical that the Police would bow down to Kira, they were less than enthusiastic bout chasing him down in the first place so it's not surprising.

Afro dude left in the end, and it looks like Matsuda might actually do something!!?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2018 3:45 PM

Aug 2007
There is a reason for the shift...
This is not the decline of this series yet.

The animation quality isn't as good, though >>;

Jan 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Mar 2017
L has one hell of a kick xD

All's set for the next arc!
Feb 21, 2019 6:30 AM

Dec 2018
I think they will discover soon that Kira can kill through accident.

L just don't wanna admit that he's wrong all this time. Can't blame him, he's right all this time.

The new organization learning how death note works. Last episode they don't know who's Kira in their organization, and now they discuss as if they already know. (PLOT HOLE)

Aizawa left the team.

I'm feeling Matsuda gonna die next episode.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 21, 2019 6:26 PM

Feb 2019
I miss ryuk more and more with every episode.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 21, 2019 6:26 PM

Feb 2019
I miss ryuk more and more with every episode.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 24, 2019 11:08 AM

Dec 2007
generally this episode is kinda of a break to build in the story for the next arc episodes of the investigation of yatsuba group, so it's kinda not big episodes of events just cover up the aizawa leaving thing starting in the first minutes ending by the end f the episode, the real failure of the of the episode is the adaption of the manga, and it's related to what this guy said:

Kish0 said:

I mean, in the manga they kinda screamed: kira can kill with other deaths and not just heart attack and make it a big fuse about it because the most notice of light in yatsuba froup is that people killed in another way of deaths and in the anime is just flowing, and also the whole thing kira is frightening the government is much more explained in the manga, really too bad that was up to the anime shortening the manga just like that...
Feb 25, 2019 4:00 AM

Dec 2018
User-Name said:

Kish0 said:

I mean, in the manga they kinda screamed: kira can kill with other deaths and not just heart attack and make it a big fuse about it because the most notice of light in yatsuba froup is that people killed in another way of deaths and in the anime is just flowing, and also the whole thing kira is frightening the government is much more explained in the manga, really too bad that was up to the anime shortening the manga just like that...

Yeah, I'm surprised that none of them realize that Kira can kill through other means than the usual heart attack, after they've seen that Yotsuba's rival is killed by an accident.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 25, 2019 6:22 AM

Dec 2007
Kish0 said:
User-Name said:

Yeah, I'm surprised that none of them realize that Kira can kill through other means than the usual heart attack, after they've seen that Yotsuba's rival is killed by an accident.

that is the thing, that they realized it, the problem is that they didn't say it loudly and importantly issue like in the manga...
Mar 30, 2019 11:45 AM
Mar 2019
It does seem like an entirely different show now, as if the script switched writer's hands. I get the feeling a bit as if this great new world utopia through murderous cleansing alerted some people to the idea of eugenics and so it might have been decided to make it more appropriate by taking it in a new direction. Evil business does seem more cliche and "safe" as an idea compared to a new pure world with a singular leader, but then again that was half of the originality that made this show so promising, to think about this new derivative world, free of crime and what it would look like, I don't think we'll ever find out now with the way things are going.
CubiK_Mar 30, 2019 11:54 AM
Aug 19, 2020 12:11 AM
Oct 2019
The anime is literally getting boring. I am thinking of dropping it. If this was a Battle between Light the kira vs L and the ending would've been an intense battle between Light and L it would've been more interesting
Spoilers:
Nov 8, 2020 2:13 AM

May 2017
L x Misa is starting ! 😆
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 4, 2021 2:40 PM

Mar 2020
This had to be the worst episode yet of Death Note. It was so boring and uneventful and it was hard to keep track of what the hell was happening.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

Jan 5, 2021 1:12 PM

Jan 2020
oh man.. i can already see the anime goin downhill.

it was way more entertaining watching light being kira with the death note.
it was so entertaining watching what new smart plan L or light would come up with next.

now things are getting boring.
Jan 29, 2021 10:52 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty flat episode as a whole, and lacked the adrenaline rush, intensity nor interest that other episodes had but to be fair, the anime went exactly for that since this was more of a detour with Light forgetting all about the Death Note and having a really normal personality compared to the maniacal face he's been used to wearing while working with the Death Note. More of a transition episode with introducing new members to the team while losing a member in the process for the sake of being with their family, while Kira technically now is targeting politicians and other organizations and businessmen for the sake of monetary profits. I will give it to the show, for showcasing multiple reasons for why people would want to own a Death Note, whether it is to cleanse the criminals and build a new world without them and rule like a god, or to dominate in global markets and profit from the losses of other companies, and much, much more.
May 28, 2021 1:14 AM

Feb 2021
I feel bad for Aizawa. While they were risking their lives, Ryuzaki still had doubts...
Light vs. L....I thought L was a bit flimsy and weak but damn he kicks hard XD. 2 new members on the team now. SO basically now the antagonist of the show is the Yotsuba group? Light has lost his memories and has teamed up with L.

Sep 8, 2021 5:28 PM

May 2019
Great date for Misa and Light while L eats everything then fight, chained together.

L need some zoloft and Aiber looks like Thor.
Nov 11, 2021 9:25 AM
Nov 2020
Aizawa is a good man T_T,
I think L provoked him to leave knowing he would be offended so that he wouldn’t take him further away from his family now that it’s even more time committed.
Dec 3, 2021 6:01 PM

May 2015
This is so interesting. I love how they've completely flipped the dynamic and now Light and L are working together. Reminds me of when Kaneki lost his memory so he worked for the CCG.

I can't wait to see what Light's full plan was for this. I'd imagine it'll be something like he left a note somewhere to go to the location where the death note is and pick it up again in which he'll regain his memories.

Honestly, though I love seeing L and Light interact and work together. You could totally see them being best buds under different circumstances.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2021 1:13 AM
Feb 2021
Jan 28, 2022 6:52 PM
Apr 2021
Why don't people like L?
Jun 7, 2022 4:05 PM
Apr 2022
That episode was ok 😌 nothing big happened
Sep 21, 2022 3:33 PM
Jul 2022
okay how the f*** is he gonna become kira again..?
Sep 21, 2022 3:34 PM
Jul 2022
okay how the f*** is he gonna become kira again..?
Oct 29, 2022 2:35 PM
May 2022
Wow, Light's a genius. Now L kind of thinks he is not Kira... Good Job Light!
Nov 16, 2022 1:04 PM

Feb 2022
I love how L always tests people
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 14, 2023 3:42 AM
Mar 2022
no one in they're right mind would agree to do what light did innocent or a killer, people dont agree to have cameras in they're rooms, get themselves or they're girlfriends incarcarated and tortured and afterwhords agree to be linked with a person 24 hours until that person decides its ok for them to leave, not to mention any guverment leaving such a problem in the hands of 1 individual. this tv show is so bad I can't even imagine why people actually give it such high grades its mind blowing to me. And that's only the surfece there are so many plot holes i can't even count.
Mar 15, 2023 8:57 PM

Jun 2022
Not a big fan of how where this series is going, the first 12 episodes were really serious and suspenseful, this and the last one are full of random out of character moments and needless unfunny comedy. 
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
9 hours ago

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 24, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.