Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 4, 2012 11:00 PM

Oct 2012
hokaru said:
I thought they should re-design her outfit a bit by covering her chest.

They should redesign her by taking out her mole.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Nov 4, 2012 11:29 PM

May 2012
symbv said:
Candor said:
Don't know why you're comparing these 2, but apparently TLR is ecchi and that's its selling point, while Magi has only this one scene in the whole manga, though I'm also surprised they didn't censor it.

Why? Because TLR is aired in midnight but yet it is censored. Magi is aired in the afternoon and yet it is not. And I am talking about the nipples scene in both anime.

LOL, some speak like noobs here.

TLR air at midnight and its censored BECAUSE it hopes to get more DICS SALES by doing so and making people want to buy the UNCENSORED VERSION. No-one is asking them to CENSOR anything, the studios do it deliberately for more disc sales, thats how shitty fanservice series work.
Nov 4, 2012 11:30 PM

Feb 2011
Granny's death was sad :( Ohh and I freaking love Princesses form
Nov 4, 2012 11:56 PM

Sep 2012
9988 said:
LOL, some speak like noobs here.
TLR air at midnight and its censored BECAUSE it hopes to get more DICS SALES by doing so and making people want to buy the UNCENSORED VERSION. No-one is asking them to CENSOR anything, the studios do it deliberately for more disc sales, thats how shitty fanservice series work.
Who is a noob? You are. Because you don't even know that not all midnight shows got censored. And very often the censorship happened only when it is broadcast on network TV but not cable TV. If the only purpose for censorship is to sell more discs, how to explain having censorship only on free network TV? Your explanations, like your hatred-filled interpretation of how moe and fan service destroy anime, again fell miserably short and is nothing but a bunch of lopsided prejudices while showing little knowledge of how Japanese anime market works.
symbvNov 5, 2012 12:10 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2012 12:43 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode :D

Ren is one hot woman~! And so far, I love her :D
She's now officially on my fav girls list.
and that outfit... reminds me of Sora no otoshimono~

Finally, next week I'll get to see Alibaba agai—Oh wait...

And I just noticed now but I'm not sure if it's not just a few series, but this one's got a lot of names credited at the end... might be why the series' animation is quite good despite A-1's laziness~

Still hoping this becomes a long-running shounen~

Edit: Oh right, I almost forgot. NIPPLE PIERCING.
Nov 5, 2012 1:12 AM

Jan 2012
No censore, praise the lord. All shows should be like that. In any case, great episode.

Nov 5, 2012 1:21 AM

Sep 2012
Ren Hakuei for the win ! The manga needs more of her.
Nov 5, 2012 1:41 AM

Jun 2010
symbv said:
By the way I read in Japanese forum that in manga Hakuei did not transform herself to fight the bad general? Is it true?

Doesn't really matter. Though they should've zoomed in the full Djinn equip!
Nov 5, 2012 2:54 AM

May 2010
Ok. ok, i know the nipple where great, i get that but did anyone see how Ugo Pimp Hand is to strong? he didnt even need baby powder to send that dude fly'n
Nov 5, 2012 4:15 AM

Aug 2012
A Beautiful Episode.
Nov 5, 2012 5:20 AM

May 2010
Things are getting better but I can't get believe they didn't censored those blue nipp..
Nov 5, 2012 5:48 AM

Apr 2010
Hydnlife said:
Ok. ok, i know the nipple where great, i get that but did anyone see how Ugo Pimp Hand is to strong? he didnt even need baby powder to send that dude fly'n

Hahahahaha class post, Ugo is above baby powder!

Easily the best episode of the series, good to see how much it's improved since the first, although like I said before, I'm not too fussed with how they did the first few episodes since what you need to know is included despite them cramming so much into a few episodes.

Really looking forward to the rest now that it's starting to reach the heights expected of it. :)
Nov 5, 2012 5:51 AM
Sep 2010
sadfjasdfjkasdfaskldfas

HAKURYUU! (ZUKO? ahaha)

I wasn't expecting to see him so soon. Can't wait to get all these folks together.

But I swear that the show wouldn't work even half so well without Alibaba and Morgiana. As far as characters go, they're the real draw here.
Nov 5, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
Quite funny ending preview. I'm starting to miss Alibaba's antics and it looks like he still won't be in the next one.
Nov 5, 2012 6:54 AM

Oct 2010
-Quasar said:
I'm starting to miss Alibaba's antics and it looks like he still won't be in the next one.
We need to like so see that powered weapon of his and what can it do now?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 5, 2012 6:56 AM

Mar 2011
Really liked the episode
Ren is one of my fav character in Magi hehe
Magi looks more complicated than it looks
Yeay, more Morgiana next episode
Nov 5, 2012 7:38 AM

Dec 2011
The fight ended too suddenly after the female djin appeared. And Hakuei's power up outfit was just really random.

But this was a good episode. Aladdin is my favorite from the trio by far.
Nov 5, 2012 8:03 AM

Dec 2011
Damn. Hakuei in her new form. That is so cool and sexy at the same time.
And Paimon is quite the djinn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 8:38 AM

Nov 2009
It's a pretty good episode, indeed. And it delivered what I expected for.
Hakuei equipped Jin form was kinda sexy xD.

Waiting to see Morgiana and Alibaba
Nov 5, 2012 9:35 AM
Dec 2010

Almost obvious, hope i get surprised as the story goes on tho
Nov 5, 2012 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
I'm loving Magi so far, I thought the pace was very good.
I wanted to see more of the Princess though, she looked so gorgeous when she was battling.
Nov 5, 2012 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
Such an awesome episode!

Poor Baba-sama. She was just too young :( But thankfully she stopped the Kouga clan going to a stupid war before she died.

Some good character development for Aladdin, now he finally realizes what he is. Oh man that Lord Priest Magi seems cool. So did the brother of the princess.

Talking about the princess, oh man is she an awesome character, her ideals are admirable. That there does not need to be war, and you can solve problems peacefully.

That Ryosai asshole got what he deserved, getting owned by Aladdin and his blue giant. Man that guy was disgusting.

Awesome episode and Morgiana next week \o/

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 5, 2012 12:15 PM

Feb 2012
Omg dem blue titties. I'm amazed they're able to show that. Granted, the nipples are pierced. I'm surprised that's all it takes to show boobs without getting censored. More anime need to take note! Pierce teh boobs lest you face the white light's wrath! Or maybe it's a special case just because it's a djinn? /shrug

Still, great ep. Sad that the old granny died but it was to progress the story. Atleast Alladin finally has a staff now.

Can't wait for next week!
Nov 5, 2012 1:02 PM

Aug 2011
Cool they kept Paimon in.
ONE STEP UP FOR JAPAN.
Nov 5, 2012 1:02 PM
Feb 2012
Aladdin is great.
He inadvertently placed Alibaba in the running to be a king.

Then there's Judal who has to work more by encouraging Hakuryuu like was shown in the episode and Hakuei when he led her to Paimon's dungeon.
Nov 5, 2012 1:47 PM

Apr 2012
I'm starting to get addicted to Magi.
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 5, 2012 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
Perverts, hahaha. But I miss Alibaba :(
I'll see him in the next episode.
Nov 5, 2012 4:21 PM

Sep 2012
This gets better every week.
Nov 5, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, this explained a lot of things, can't wait for the next episode!

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Nov 5, 2012 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
Woah... And they didn't censored it...

Oh wells, it's just nipples anyway.

Well... This is pretty much where I stop reading the manga... Can't wait for Morgiana!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was glorious. Showing us fighting to come, more of Aladdin's goal to be, and those huge plots.
Nov 5, 2012 7:01 PM

Feb 2008
i am truly astounded that nipple and boob shots are really what sells things. these stuff is free and can be obtained so easily...why does it matter if you see them on familiar characters? or is that what turns some of you on? whether to censor or not is really of no consequence really....it really shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.
Nov 5, 2012 7:41 PM
Feb 2012
kisami said:
whether to censor or not is really of no consequence really....it really shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

It's a topic of conversation mostly because Magi airs at 5 pm and the because the base material is a shounen magazine.
Even though this does come out in the manga we are used to studios censoring things like this from these type of anime.

Hell look at Fairy Tail also from A-1 pictures and even the blood is censored on that.
Magi is grittier in comparison (don't hate me FT fans) so it's cool that they are leaving things uncensored just because it makes it feel closer to the original.
Nov 5, 2012 9:51 PM
Oct 2012
I was surprised they didn't censor it also XD since I heard about the djinn equip from Hakuei I thought it was to censor it. Well, i thought paimons hair color was lighter... And Ugo's is also dark? O.o
I can't wait to see Mor <3
Nov 5, 2012 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
I seriously love the OST that plays during the action scenes, fuck yeah! Ryou Sai is such an ass. So glad Aladdin appeared and Ugo punched his lights out so easily. :D Haha, Paimon's 'oppais' aren't uncensored quite surprised about that. Seems like an interesting character. :)

Loved the scene with Aladdin saying farewell to the Yellow Fang Tribe members, especially when he noticed that one of the members had a sword that was like Golta's. :) Next episode, Morgianna keeps some ass - I'm hyped! '

Alibaba: 'Wait, I want some screen time!' <- Haha you'll have your turn in the highly anticipated Balbad arc. :D
Nov 5, 2012 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
Wild_Boy said:

This.

I knew the tribe elder will die in the end, but it was still very saddening when Aladdin was talking with her. Hakuei Ren is beautiful. And her moves were awesome. And I hope that smashed at least 1001 bones. That bastard. And I hope the Yellow Fang Tribe will play a role in the future!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 6, 2012 5:06 AM

Apr 2012
Aladdin doesn't seem to realize the dichotomy between good and evil. Whereas our princess, Hakeui, was intent on only capturing the evil commander while sparing her troops from his reckless commands (shooting arrows at his own soldiers), we have the deux-ex machina, Aladdin, who just wipes out the entire army just after learning what death is. Either we are going to have an anime that characterizes all of Aladdin's actions as good, regardless of consequence, or have Aladdin come to terms with his beliefs and actions.

More importantly, I was saddened that commander was deemed evil and not given an ounce of a chance. I can actually entertain that viewpoint: Not everyone is a pacifist and it's rather naive to have the army follow your commands without their confidence. Lastly, Baba's death was in really good taste!
Nov 6, 2012 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
I'm loving this show so far. Getting better each week and has already explained many things. Can't wait till more characters are introduced that we are seeing in the opening. Overall a 5/5.
Nov 6, 2012 5:38 AM

Jul 2011
shanimebib said:
Wild_Boy said:

This.

I knew the tribe elder will die in the end, but it was still very saddening when Aladdin was talking with her. Hakuei Ren is beautiful. And her moves were awesome. And I hope that smashed at least 1001 bones. That bastard. And I hope the Yellow Fang Tribe will play a role in the future!

5/5
Raikozen said:
I'm loving this show so far. Getting better each week and has already explained many things. Can't wait till more characters are introduced that we are seeing in the opening. Overall a 5/5.

This! I can't agree more.
Nov 6, 2012 12:06 PM

Jan 2011
What the hell was up with the tits? I never expected that to happen in this show but from what I've heard it's the only time that it had happened so far.
Everything else was great, next episode will be about the girl again. I can't wait!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 6, 2012 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Wow boobies.
Nov 6, 2012 1:57 PM

Mar 2011
I don't think the tits were a big deal. I have not read the manga but having that man boob scene as my first impression made me expect some odd bits here and there xD.

None the less this was a good episode, I am curious to see how and where this goes :P.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 6, 2012 2:30 PM
Mar 2012
kisami said:
it really shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.
This.
And no, it's not only a topic of conversation because of the censoring or not censoring. It's "look, someone made this gif", "here's a close-up" etc for the whole first page (then I stopped reading).
And "oh look, how cool she is there, fighting half naked". Because we all know women can't be badass while fully dressed.
[/rant]

symbv said:
Wouldn't it be great if this could happen in real history? Like, if a Hakuei could have existed in America and a Baba-sama could have existed in the native Indians...
Well, I guess then the Indians would have been suppressed, nearly lost their own culture and living in secluded areas... oh wait.

Anyway, I was surprised about Alibaba just smashing and burning the army and people being cool with that when just before the princess was protecting the soldiers at risk of her own life.
Nov 6, 2012 2:59 PM
Feb 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
kisami said:
it really shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.
This.
And no, it's not only a topic of conversation because of the censoring or not censoring. It's "look, someone made this gif", "here's a close-up" etc for the whole first page (then I stopped reading).
And "oh look, how cool she is there, fighting half naked". Because we all know women can't be badass while fully dressed.
[/rant]

Only one person made a gif and that person makes gifs of girls all the time in every forum he goes to.
Though the whole closeup of the flesh colored nipples was not needed, I will agree with that. At least it's under a spoiler.

You quote the person above me but yet gloss over my post:
ahneeme said:
kisami said:
whether to censor or not is really of no consequence really....it really shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

It's a topic of conversation mostly because Magi airs at 5 pm and the because the base material is a shounen magazine.
Even though this does come out in the manga we are used to studios censoring things like this from these type of anime.

ElenirLachlagos said:

Anyway, I was surprised about Alibaba just smashing and burning...
Aladdin. I make that mistake also.
ahneemeNov 6, 2012 3:14 PM
Nov 6, 2012 11:46 PM

Jun 2012
That was a great episode, I really liked it. When she didn't dodge the attack from that guy from the clan, it really surprised me and showed her strength. I also really liked when the princess transformed, it was really cool. Of course, she still needed Aladdin to save the day. I'm glad that this little arc is done and now we get closer to seeing Alibaba again. Next episode looks like we'll get to know a little about Morgiana. And since we don't really know anything yet, that will be nice.
5/5

Nov 7, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
Nov 7, 2012 6:08 AM

Jan 2011
Glad to see that guy finally getting what he deserves... though he still killed the grandmother.

Hakuei's fan somehow reminds me of the Zhuge Liang's fan. Also nice transformation by Hakuei.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 7, 2012 7:13 AM

Feb 2012
Not too shabby
Nov 7, 2012 6:34 PM

Aug 2011
Waiting for Kougyoku.... <3
Nov 8, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
Ah she died... join the Force granny and Disney will reanimate you (sorry I couldn't resist). XD

Something about his little brother makes me feel like we'll be seeing him in the future, must be the heterochromic eyes, and black magi with him. Wonder what the Kou emperor looks like that the black magi detests him so much.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.