Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2012 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat secrets revealed.

Saki is having some mental thoughts. Overall, this was a action packed episode with the new bold headed guy, a rat archer, and the fire being lit on. So many rat creatures and..oh that cliffhanger.

Stark700Oct 19, 2012 9:39 AM
Oct 19, 2012 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
Looks like things are picking up now. Dialog heavy episode.
Oct 19, 2012 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
They now know the truth from what happend in the past.

Saki say the rats is not the enemy and in the preview it feel like they got rescue somehow.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 19, 2012 5:33 PM

Jul 2012
Whoa, things really started to pick up at the end there. Lots of dialogue and information clearing things up. Awesome episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 19, 2012 7:09 PM

Mar 2009
Also, wow this episode. All that infodumping was a pain to translate and edit.
Brilliant episode though.
LunaOct 20, 2012 9:07 AM
Oct 19, 2012 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
E-P-I-C!

Also shaddup you hornies XD
Oct 19, 2012 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
Vortiene said:
Quite honestly one of the best episodes i have seen thus far this year...

Yeah, it was really, really good.
Oct 19, 2012 10:42 PM

May 2011
Another dark secrets revealed.

This is getting intense.
Oct 19, 2012 10:50 PM

Dec 2010
Dark history as expected though some of the reactions were annoying, granted shock is an obvious reaction so that was ok, but that one kid breaking down, i would have easily got over this as just a bad moment for the character but then he cries just to look around T_T, well anyway.....good episode that felt tense the whole way through. I wonder if bodies will start falling next episode, i mean normally i would say to early, but i didn't think they would lose their powers that quickly, i figured it was possible after last episode since there would be consequences for that info, but dang them having powers didn't last long at all.
Oct 19, 2012 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
other than that, brilliant episode, plot is finally picking up, shun knows too much
LunaOct 20, 2012 9:04 AM
Oct 19, 2012 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
This is beyond horrible. So I was probably right when I said

Time skip next episode. So we are going to see them a bit grown up as they attempt to make a change to this disturbing society they grew up in.

5/5 for this episode even though I don't even remember a third of what that moving library creature said.
shanimebibOct 19, 2012 11:11 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 19, 2012 11:06 PM

Jul 2011
Time skip next episode? Really?
What?

I feel confused. Why is that?? @_@

But damn interesting. Though the somewhat overly dramatic reactions were annoying.

I'm interested to see how the relationships develop. o.o
Oct 19, 2012 11:08 PM

Nov 2007
Shoujo_Q said:
Vortiene said:
Quite honestly one of the best episodes i have seen thus far this year...

Yeah, it was really, really good.

I have a feeling you are yet to watch JoJo's episode 3. Because that was this week's highlight so far and I am watching 20 shows this season.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 19, 2012 11:10 PM

Aug 2011
Awesome episode...I had a feeling that when this series really started to pick up that it would be amazing. The next episode should be even better when they are on the run from the queerats
Oct 19, 2012 11:19 PM

Mar 2009
MM-Rosiie said:
But damn interesting. Though the somewhat overly dramatic reactions were annoying.

Hardly over-dramatic. Their entire worldview was just demolished in a horrifying manner.
Nobody can possibly fully comprehend the impact of that on a person unless they've had it happen to them.
Oct 19, 2012 11:23 PM

Apr 2008
Holy cow. This was truly an intense episode, and yet again for the fourth time it felt like 5 minutes went by.

Not as important but, I wouldn't mind if this show never had an OP. That, or it's hard to top the ED as of now.

5/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Oct 19, 2012 11:30 PM

Jul 2012
^ thisthisthis my thoughts exactly.

that ep was soooooooo good wow. now to wait for next week... orz
Oct 19, 2012 11:35 PM
Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Dark history as expected though some of the reactions were annoying, granted shock is an obvious reaction so that was ok, but that one kid breaking down, i would have easily got over this as just a bad moment for the character but then he cries just to look around T_T, well anyway.....good episode that felt tense the whole way through. I wonder if bodies will start falling next episode, i mean normally i would say to early, but i didn't think they would lose their powers that quickly, i figured it was possible after last episode since there would be consequences for that info, but dang them having powers didn't last long at all.
I felt the same way when I saw that reaction. I mean it's not like the library thing actually showed anything to those kids so why that kind of extreme reaction.

LOL at the explanation with the monkeys.

It sucks that they had to lose their powers. I kinda expected it too, though. You don't find out something that big without consequences. I hope that they haven't lost their powers permanently, though I don't think that they'll get their powers back any time soon.

And that priest was... Wow! He just created a walled path just like that.

Anyways, great episode. The first 3 were a little slow, but after watching this episode and watching the preview for the next, I feel that it was worth it.
IconicOct 19, 2012 11:55 PM
Oct 19, 2012 11:43 PM

Sep 2011
THIS EPISODE WAS... ABSOLUTELY.... EPIC, JUST EPIC!
Oct 19, 2012 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
Its amazing how they fit all that into one episode without rushing it.
Excellent episode. But the one thing that bothered me is that crybaby, right from the beginning. Oh well.
Can't wait for next week, this series just keeps getting better and better.
Oct 19, 2012 11:51 PM

Oct 2010
Since last episode you know, I always though of a personal saying I like: “What you know of too much can cause you trouble.” I was so right in this episode. Saki totally flipped out, Mamoru wiped out and Satoru/Shun had their problems. I guess I could say that Maria was the most cooler of them all. My thoughts follow of what the abstract art did to this episode and how explicit it got.

About the explicit of this series, whereas I heard of the novel being explicit, the anime itself is doing quite an amazing job on this field on many ways. First of all notice the naked silhouette in the following,

It’s a naked female riding on a scythe from what it seems. A rather gruesome representation of the Grim Reaper. What is interesting is when it looked at Saki in the spoiler
her expression was quite afraid of it. The reason being that she knows too much and as such might have realized that her being capable of killing so can the Entity in the black sand storm. So is IMO.

To further make things clear the series does not shy away from its depiction. However this time around it’s far more artistic IMO. Such can be stated with the spoiler
that from the very start explained things in terms of humanity itself. The figures were well shown and their meaning despite being depicted in the naked form, it’s artistic.

The killing in the spoiler
shyed not away in showing the blood and state of the woman whom was pretty much in underwear having been rather gruesomely murdered in the middle of the night. It shyed not away from any depiction in showing it.

Furthermore the flashbacks in the spoiler
showed easily that Blood Splatter scene along with the poor girls being blown out. It shows that people protesting got incinerated due to pirokinesis. It shows of the boy being shot to the head.

So the series does certainly and hopefully not shy away. There are female monsters and their bodies will be shown with no hiding. In other words if a monster is female and it has breasts, they will be shown. I was warned of this beforehand and that’s fine now that I see it shall be the case. If a monster is female and naked, it’s pointless to shy away from its depiction. In that the anime will be good and so far with the scene it proves itself that it won’t shy away.

About the bombing, I was quite surprised of all the B2 in the spoiler
and of all things using Gravity Bombs able to make a black hole itself. Quite impressive TBH.

I can also say it was quite gruesome in the spoiler
to see all that death.

About Saki and the gang. I knew they could not handle it in the spoiler
Mamoru is freaking out and Satoru/Shun did not really keep their cool at all. Maria was the composite type the most of the gang. While it should be obvious in the spoiler
that Saki also lost it. As she does freak out quite a lot. However I wonder with all the depiction of the monkeys and their caring for each other why of reactions Saki does the face-palm in the spoiler
???
I mean WTF is that for exactly? Makes no sense as to her reaction towards this.

What is however clear to is the spoiler
showing clearly Saki freaking out like never before.
While in fact that was the most obvious sign she can’t take the info and neither could the gang itself.

About thee end, well I liked all that priest monk person in the spoiler
burning off that monster but WTF is that girl in the flames? Who is the kid and purpose of this image? Could it have to do with the answer it was giving out? Hmmmmm, rather strange TBH. It become even weirder at the very end in the following,

OH SHIT! THE INSANE DOG! The one Satoru mentions except it looks totally deformed man! Well remains to see if the monk can kill it in time.

About the preview, from the looks of the spoiler
Satoru will interact and barter with one of the monsters to escape most likely. I would not trust any of the filth itself. I predict one of the monsters may betray with that torch.

In conclusion, the gang is in shit! They know too much and will get involved in the war. That alone will change all. I doubt there shall be any going back after they found all they did in this episode. It’s too late for them. Saki’s mentality change is no good at the end IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 20, 2012 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
That was an intense episode, that monk went in when he killed those queerrats. The reactions from the kids to the past was annoying, I wanted to find out what's going on then they're crying because they don't like the past. I think it was the same kid who was put on the floating thing as well.
VodkasOct 20, 2012 8:29 AM
Oct 20, 2012 12:15 AM

Nov 2011
Gets better by the week.

Shoujo_Q said:
MM-Rosiie said:

Hardly over-dramatic. Their entire worldview was just demolished in a horrifying manner.
Nobody can possibly fully comprehend the impact of that on a person unless they've had it happen to them.

I had the same reaction when I found out Santa Claus didn't exist.
The Art of Eight
Oct 20, 2012 12:25 AM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Since last episode you know, I always though of a personal saying I like: “What you know of too much can cause you trouble.” I was so right in this episode. Saki totally flipped out, Mamoru wiped out and Satoru/Shun had their problems. I guess I could say that Maria was the most cooler of them all. My thoughts follow of what the abstract art did to this episode and how explicit it got.

About the explicit of this series, whereas I heard of the novel being explicit, the anime itself is doing quite an amazing job on this field on many ways. First of all notice the naked silhouette in the following,

It’s a naked female riding on a scythe from what it seems. A rather gruesome representation of the Grim Reaper. What is interesting is when it looked at Saki in the spoiler
her expression was quite afraid of it. The reason being that she knows too much and as such might have realized that her being capable of killing so can the Entity in the black sand storm. So is IMO.

To further make things clear the series does not shy away from its depiction. However this time around it’s far more artistic IMO. Such can be stated with the spoiler
that from the very start explained things in terms of humanity itself. The figures were well shown and their meaning despite being depicted in the naked form, it’s artistic.

The killing in the spoiler
shyed not away in showing the blood and state of the woman whom was pretty much in underwear having been rather gruesomely murdered in the middle of the night. It shyed not away from any depiction in showing it.

Furthermore the flashbacks in the spoiler
showed easily that Blood Splatter scene along with the poor girls being blown out. It shows that people protesting got incinerated due to pirokinesis. It shows of the boy being shot to the head.

So the series does certainly and hopefully not shy away. There are female monsters and their bodies will be shown with no hiding. In other words if a monster is female and it has breasts, they will be shown. I was warned of this beforehand and that’s fine now that I see it shall be the case. If a monster is female and naked, it’s pointless to shy away from its depiction. In that the anime will be good and so far with the scene it proves itself that it won’t shy away.

About the bombing, I was quite surprised of all the B2 in the spoiler
and of all things using Gravity Bombs able to make a black hole itself. Quite impressive TBH.

I can also say it was quite gruesome in the spoiler
to see all that death.

About Saki and the gang. I knew they could not handle it in the spoiler
Mamoru is freaking out and Satoru/Shun did not really keep their cool at all. Maria was the composite type the most of the gang. While it should be obvious in the spoiler
that Saki also lost it. As she does freak out quite a lot. However I wonder with all the depiction of the monkeys and their caring for each other why of reactions Saki does the face-palm in the spoiler
???
I mean WTF is that for exactly? Makes no sense as to her reaction towards this.

What is however clear to is the spoiler
showing clearly Saki freaking out like never before.
While in fact that was the most obvious sign she can’t take the info and neither could the gang itself.

About thee end, well I liked all that priest monk person in the spoiler
burning off that monster but WTF is that girl in the flames? Who is the kid and purpose of this image? Could it have to do with the answer it was giving out? Hmmmmm, rather strange TBH. It become even weirder at the very end in the following,

OH SHIT! THE INSANE DOG! The one Satoru mentions except it looks totally deformed man! Well remains to see if the monk can kill it in time.

About the preview, from the looks of the spoiler
Satoru will interact and barter with one of the monsters to escape most likely. I would not trust any of the filth itself. I predict one of the monsters may betray with that torch.

In conclusion, the gang is in shit! They know too much and will get involved in the war. That alone will change all. I doubt there shall be any going back after they found all they did in this episode. It’s too late for them. Saki’s mentality change is no good at the end IMO.

It makes sense that Saki wanted to suffocate herself, because she was having a intent to kill after someone around her, or maybe towards the robot library.

Besides, try to think more about those questions you made yourself, now I'm not in the mood to answer them =|
Oct 20, 2012 12:31 AM

Oct 2010
NightMareX1 said:
I am trying to think but the output is too varied due to the abstract delivery of the series.

There already tons about the shadow lady herself and Grim Reaper references. It can be as wild as Saki seeing herself as a killing machine. It's wild.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 20, 2012 12:55 AM

Nov 2009
AiCon said:
I felt the same way when I saw that reaction.

Because these kids have cantus, so they can likely relate what happened with their power. And they were just kids, they didn't expect that their history they have been living on was that bloody hell.

Yes I will consider this episode of Shinsekai as one of the best episode anime this week. Honestly you can't get bored reading the dialogue. And some action near the end as well, that priest was a badass, but there must be a reason why he wanted to slaughter the queerats that badly ...

Well according to the pv, next episode will be the escape part. Perhaps they will run away from the village.
Oct 20, 2012 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
7.47 (scored by 4150 users), this is terribly underrated, I don't get why :(
Oct 20, 2012 1:04 AM

Jan 2011
Now this was an amazing episode!
It seems that their 'enemies' aren't enemies after all but some sort of people instead.
edwd2 said:

Perhaps most people still need to watch it or some people stalled/dropped it because the first 2 episodes were meh-meh and it seemed as if it were going to be an episodic show.
I can't wait for more, this is getting really, really interesting!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 20, 2012 1:31 AM

Aug 2010
On a side note, I wonder what will happen when they learn that their cantus isn't actually sealed. I mean, if they could seal it away, why not seal EVERY cantus and live a happy PK-free life? Because they CAN'T. They just make people BELIEVE they can. Psychology.
LunaOct 20, 2012 9:00 AM
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 20, 2012 1:50 AM

Jun 2011
Gotta love the spoiler wall in the first page xD

This episode was amazing. Lots of shit went down, and equally as many were thrown into the air. I wonder what that girl in the tornado was? And someone mentioned that failed/exiled cantus users become queerats? That'll be awesome to see what'll happen when they find out. The only major gripe I have with this episode are the frkn guys minus the mc's romantic interest. I just wanted to slap that crybaby silly, and punch that dumb ass' face in. Aside from that, really, really good episode.

4.5/5

Apparently time jump next episode? That'll be interesting.

edwd2 said:

I actually prefer it this way. No retards and trolls infesting the threads. At least until the end of the season in which (I hope) this anime gets best of fall 2012.
Oct 20, 2012 1:54 AM

Aug 2012
Everyone is dropping this show because of yuri/yaoi unfortunately.

5/5 btw
Oct 20, 2012 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
BunnyKing said:

5/5 btw

Watching: 15,341
Completed: 0
On-Hold: 247
Dropped: 436

At least not right now, but I doubt A1 will animate those scenes, and I don't want to see them either
Oct 20, 2012 2:06 AM

Aug 2010
edwd2 said:
BunnyKing said:

5/5 btw

At least not right now, but I doubt A1 will animate those scenes, and I don't want to see them either

If u watch the PV2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J-Vw9WfQs4&feature=relmfu I think they'll actually animate it.
Oct 20, 2012 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
Barion-Zara said:

If u watch the PV2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J-Vw9WfQs4&feature=relmfu I think they'll actually animate it.

Forgot about that, at least its not the real 'bad' part.
Oct 20, 2012 2:39 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
From just plain weird to a post apocalyptic setting. Well, at least something is making sense now (kinda).
Oct 20, 2012 2:43 AM
Sep 2012
m4rc0 said:
Are you guys really retarded? Stop spoiling the fucking series in the episode discussion topic. Go discuss your thoughts about what might happen, what they'll aimate or stuff like that in another thread.

Seriously, I came to discuss the episode and got lots of spoilers. And no, I didn't open the damn spoilers, but people keep writing comments about lots of things that haven't been hinted at yet.
Completely agree. If people want to be spoiled they can just go to the other thread here.
edwd2 said:
Barion-Zara said:

Forgot about that, at least its not the real 'bad' part.
Barion-Zara said:
edwd2 said:
BunnyKing said:

5/5 btw

If they did it would be blocked by annoying rays of white or black just like in other animes like To Love-Ru
IconicOct 20, 2012 2:47 AM
Oct 20, 2012 3:14 AM

Feb 2012
Finally,a good episode.
this is what I waited for,4.5/5 for the episode.
Oct 20, 2012 3:17 AM
Sep 2011
There are quite a few hints suggesting that Saki bears a rather violent personality from the presumably sealed memory about her stabbing the old priest to her stress reaction during the explanation by the library. Last episode she also had no qualms about damaging the false minoshiro forcefully.

Once again Maria stands out by being remarkably quiet which was exeptionally noticable when her companions freaked out. She also seems pretty close to Mamoru which has been emphasized in the last few episodes as well. I sense a mother-child dynamic developing between them.
Oct 20, 2012 3:43 AM

Jun 2010
This is crazy. I love confusing stories. I didn't even understand shit in the explanation about the past. The Queerats and Blowdog. Fucking awesome! AWESOME! Omg Im too excited I can't put it with words. This Anime might be the best this season.
LunaOct 20, 2012 8:50 AM
Oct 20, 2012 3:50 AM

Feb 2012
Seriously people, these are 12 year old kids who just found out that not only is their society was founded on the slaughter of an entire civilization, but also that it was their own ancestors who did it using the very power they were using at that moment and treasured so much, not to mention the fact that they had been genetically modified and environmentally programmed so they wouldn't cause trouble. Seriously, as if you guys would take it much better, and if you can say you would then you're most probably just an idiot or someone with serious emotional deficiencies.

Anyway, this was a fantastic episode, I'd probably even go so far as to say it was the best 24 minutes of television I've seen in the past few months, so definitely a 5/5 for me.
Oct 20, 2012 4:16 AM

Jun 2012
Finally we get all the interesting backstory on human civilization. I've been waiting for this.
Action was great and I can't wait for the next episode.
taketoriOct 20, 2012 4:24 AM
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Oct 20, 2012 4:55 AM

Oct 2009
Good, now things are really interesting!
Oct 20, 2012 5:39 AM
Sep 2011
look at SAO thread ... the most comments topic was episode 10 when they had sex ... MAL people ...
Oct 20, 2012 5:40 AM

Oct 2009
Holy shit, this was beyond great. Oh my god.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2012 5:43 AM

Feb 2011
MEHHHHHHHH Broing episodes , thought of dropping the series twice , but i'm strong .
Oct 20, 2012 6:04 AM

Sep 2011
UnbornMVs said:
MEHHHHHHHH Broing episodes , thought of dropping the series twice , but i'm strong .

If you think that was boring. You should just drop it.
Oct 20, 2012 6:06 AM

Jun 2008
Queezrats are awesome. period.
And regarding the spoiler of the novel of you know what, all I have to say is...
AWESOME!!! Just the type of story I like the best XD

Also ranting a bit, all characters except Maria will change their VA´s and are listed. I dont understand why Saki´s other VA is not listed. (Endo Aya). Oh well...

damnit, Kaji Yuuki again...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 20, 2012 6:23 AM

Apr 2011
This is the best episode so far. A lot of information revealed in this ep and by reading some of those spoilers seem like things are going to be picking up even more.
Oct 20, 2012 6:25 AM

Mar 2011
Amazing episode
What are those Queerats exactly, are they hunter, slaves or what?
many questions still unanswered, but it really become interesting
That preview looks great
Oct 20, 2012 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
really enjoyed this episode. the library explained a lot of answers, so that was good. we're finally understanding the type of society they live in. and also, that was crazy how they said that that clapping scene for that emperor lasted 3 days..
'What we learned as children, that one plus one equals two, we know to be false. One plus one equals one. We even have a word for when you, plus another, equals one. That word is love.' ~ The Buddha
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.