Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 3, 2017 4:41 PM

Aug 2014
Great first episode! likable characters, modern Tokyo, the OP song that I loved before watching this anime, good art, funny
I hope this will go on till the end?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 15, 2017 12:55 PM

Nov 2016
Really like what I'v seen so far.

Nice color palette and lively characters,this is right up my alley.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 3, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 2019
2019 here waiting for not coming season 2
Jul 6, 2019 8:45 PM
Jan 2017
This was cute so far, a bit cliquhed, but i do like hwo everyones was an artist.
Jul 15, 2019 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
There's nothing more tasteful than an anime featuring fanservice of a girl who is so autistic that she doesn't even know how to dress properly.
Jul 18, 2019 6:22 PM

Nov 2017
Re-watching!~

Golly, it's been years since I first saw this anime. I'm glad I finally am getting around to watching it again since my memory on it is a bit hazy now lol. It was a nice start since it gave some of the quirks and ambitions about the characters in the dorm. Sakurasou just gives off a homey and positive vibe to me.

This episode used the sakura in a very smart way. In Japan, they can symbolize life's ephemerality and they can also represent renewal (which is what this anime is going with). Sorata might be lamenting how his life might be boring and he's normal, but the sakura petals are blowing around him. *Sam Cooke voice* A change is gonna come! And this is fully realized when he meets Mashiro as they're now falling around her.

Love the scene that transitioned into the ED. It was the first anime ED I put on my iPod I do remember that, haha. I also remember being #TeamAoyama when I first watched. Let's see if a re-watch will change my mind (probably not)
Sep 13, 2019 8:12 PM

May 2017
First time we see shiro , shes white surounded by collors , collorsare dmotions, i think she dont have them , it look prety with all color but shiro doesnt stand since shes white

Then what worse the MC is no color, or blured collors, make him many thing , but he didnt find hos own color , so he switch a lot

They say the place for strange ppl , but maybe the mc the strangest , after all the girl just show her underwear, mashiro follow instruction of soleone that want to control tgings

Hope for fanserive , explecialy first girl , shes there to attack rhthe MC where he wont notice xb

Sorry for my english , r'took sleepin pills , girofle (sometging that make you dizzy) then alcool
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Sep 15, 2019 6:57 AM
Apr 2015
Surprised there's nothing about the MC's ringtone.
There has to have been a few others that have watched this that had "Alex Kidd in Miracle World" built in to their Sega Master System.
Dec 22, 2019 12:24 AM

May 2018
First of all, it's just typical ecchi bullshit with tits and asses. But the last straw was that autistic girl. Making fanservice out of mental disability is the dirtiest thing I've seen in anime.
What foul fetishist a person should be to actually like this? I guess it's just dark fantasies about abusing a defenseless girl.
After watching this single episode I feel so dirty and empty inside

Feb 29, 2020 3:34 PM
Feb 2020
The anime already won me in the first few minutes, the comic time is perfect and the interaction between the characters is very fun. I will certainly continue watching.
Feb 29, 2020 3:40 PM

Jun 2019
Capxaba said:
The anime already won me in the first few minutes, the comic time is perfect and the interaction between the characters is very fun. I will certainly continue watching.

I certainly recommend it, it's one of my favorites. The manga actually continues after the anime, but you don't need to read it at all, the anime picks a perfect point to end its story. Enjoy.

Feb 29, 2020 5:25 PM
Feb 2020
NickRedMachine said:
Capxaba said:

I certainly recommend it, it's one of my favorites. The manga actually continues after the anime, but you don't need to read it at all, the anime picks a perfect point to end its story. Enjoy.
Arigato gozaimasu!
May 21, 2020 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
I've been wanting to watch this anime for a while now and decided to finally give it a try, and boy was i disappointed!

It's completely not what i expected.

Characters are just too goofy and crazy. "Wtf am i watching" - is how you'd describe this episode. If they're supposed to be funny - than maybe it's not meant for me (no laughs).

As for the MC girl who appeared in the show towards middle - I've seen many dense girls in anime, but is she's borderline autistic? Shouldn't people with such severe mental disorder be on meds or intense care or something? Why entrust her to the male MC? Forced "fall in love with first sight"? (so much cringe and fan-service in the first episode. Reminded me of NGNL - dropped it right away for the same reason)

Complete letdown of a first episode -_-; Yet the score says it's good, so gotta give it some more chance before dropping...perhaps...
May 21, 2020 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
Nemo_Niemand said:
First of all, it's just typical ecchi bullshit with tits and asses. But the last straw was that autistic girl. Making fanservice out of mental disability is the dirtiest thing I've seen in anime.
What foul fetishist a person should be to actually like this? I guess it's just dark fantasies about abusing a defenseless girl.
After watching this single episode I feel so dirty and empty inside
hahaha i just posted how disappointed i felt; scrolled a bit up in the comments and saw yours. xD Glad to find someone with a similar mindset.
Jul 23, 2020 6:52 AM
Jul 2020
Nice film,up again this film
Sep 12, 2020 8:59 AM

Feb 2020
Well it looks pretty good so far ! It is fun, heartwarming, I like the mc... Guess it won't be anything amazing but I'll probably enjoy it.
However I'm a bit confused when it comes to Mashiro. Is she supposed to have autism ? She has the symptoms at least, but the show seems to do nothing but introduce her as an airhead kuudere. I hope the show isn't actually trying to make her autistic and is simply clumsy, or else this is quite an awkward way to represent people with autism... But the whole thing with her seeing herself as "white" is quite interesting, given that the colour white is associated to purity and she indeed seems to be completely innocent.
Dec 15, 2020 3:58 AM

Oct 2016
Rewatching, good times
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Mar 18, 2021 7:02 AM
Jul 2019
tell me Im not the only who notices it, but on 15:54, Sorata said "Tangina", which means fuck in filipino. I was shocked that it was no kuso or shimatta, but a filipino word instead, please check it too and reply to mee
Apr 23, 2021 9:59 PM
Dec 2019
I was so worried that the "cat girl" was going to be the one who was sleeping in his bed in the beginning, but I'm so glad it's this cute, quiet transfer student.
I thought that maybe by "cat girl' they meant a girl who likes cats, not a girl with cat-like tendencies.
I'm really looking forward to see how this anime pans out :)
Apr 23, 2021 10:03 PM
Dec 2019
bakingpowderr33 said:
tell me Im not the only who notices it, but on 15:54, Sorata said "Tangina", which means fuck in filipino. I was shocked that it was no kuso or shimatta, but a filipino word instead, please check it too and reply to mee

I think he said "dame da," does he say it while he's laying in bed after the dinner party?
"ahh dame da. Tsutai dame..." I'm not sure how to spell the rest.
Apr 24, 2021 2:18 AM
Jul 2019
0ssi said:
bakingpowderr33 said:

I think he said "dame da," does he say it while he's laying in bed after the dinner party?
"ahh dame da. Tsutai dame..." I'm not sure how to spell the rest.
when he was lying in bed i think. You can feel the letter n when he said it, so dame da is out
May 7, 2021 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
fun place to live u see live action cinema awry day if ur not MC and if u are MC u get to live it lol
May 11, 2021 11:21 AM

Jun 2020
A pretty spicy start from Kanda waking up to that

Introduced some of the characters already which I love to see we get to see Mashiro in this episode which I'm very excited to see her already this early and their interaction with each other is something else and it's so hilariously entertaining didn't know that Mashiro can't handle herself and needed Kanda's help

This is going to be a fun ride I'm guessing and it's going to be a hilarious one I suppose as well because their interaction with each other is priceless and I haven't brought this up but her manga works are kinda refined to define it as she just needs to work on her responsibilities and independentness.
May 18, 2021 1:47 AM

Feb 2019
Mashiron is so cuteeee

I guess she's a neko
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jul 21, 2021 10:46 PM

Apr 2020
Good first episode, I kinda liked how the two MCs first meet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2022 6:38 PM

Feb 2014
Well, this should be good.
Jan 20, 2022 7:25 AM

Oct 2007
ok, it's a wish fulfillment anime.. have stopped watching this kind of anime a few years ago. However, they have cute cats. So giving this a chance.

actually, the only character name I remembered after watching is Hikari, the cat's name. lol

his kitten has grown so big already.
Jun 20, 2022 12:09 AM

Nov 2018
kono suba + toradora = sakurasou
I hate everyone equally
Sep 25, 2022 10:32 AM
Sep 2022
Excelente y caliente
Dec 11, 2022 7:38 PM
Apr 2021
Holy Mackerel! I haven't seen such a witty anime episode in a VERY long time. I love this. 10/10 no doubt about it.
Jan 20, 2023 9:48 AM
Jan 2023
just started this anime and it was, ok i guess? there is surely much potential for the characters, we'll see where this goes :)
Mar 4, 2023 7:54 AM
Mar 2023
i like this kind of anime
May 26, 2023 6:02 AM

Dec 2022
Good first episode
May 26, 2023 6:44 AM

Dec 2022
ishinashi227 said:
dspr said:
Good first episode
you will love the rest
I'm enjoying it so far. Thanks
Jul 26, 2023 6:26 AM
Jul 2023
good anime for first episode
Aug 9, 2023 6:09 AM
Jun 2023
all in all it was a very enjoyable anime, however romantic tension wasn´t resolved in the end. just like toradora in a way
Sep 7, 2023 9:45 PM

Sep 2022
It seems that Sorata has to take care of Mashiro like she is another cat in the house. Let's just hope that Mashiro can pick up the pace on getting ready for school as school is going to last for quite a while.
Nov 7, 2023 6:42 AM

Dec 2022
Mashiro is cute and sexy. A winning combination if there ever was one. Add emotionlessness on top of that, and you have a recipe for easy best girl material.

That said, this anime is going a mile a minute with on-screen events. Will it slow down, I wonder.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 9, 2023 2:14 AM

Oct 2007
have watched first ep more thoroughly now. Enjoyed it.

Nanami is so nice to give the food for the cats.

Mashiro is a little weird, but feels like she's a good person.

only thing that annoy me is Sorata constantly screaming. But he adopted the poor cats, so I tolerate the screams.

gonna watch some more.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.