Forum Settings
Forums

What are the quotes that amazed you the most or even made you speechless?

New
Sep 30, 2012 7:01 AM
Jan 2012
Here are some quotes that got my full atention and truly amazed me:

Ryuk (Talking to Light): "But if you kill all the bad people,you will be the only bastard left."

Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war...becomes justice!!!
(Donquixote Doflamingo-One Piece)

We're both of the same breed, after all… motives for war are of no concern. Religion, ideology, resources, land, grudges, love, or just because… No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start a war. War will never cease to exist… Reasons can be thought up after the fact. Human nature pursues strife.
(Nagato-Naruto Shippuden)

You think you're the only ones who matter. You think you can put off death. But that peace made you foolish and thoughtless. If you kill someone, someone else will kill you… this hatred binds us together. I want you to feel pain, to think about pain, to accept pain, to know pain.
(Nagato-Naruto Shippuden)

Kino: "While everything out there is changing and progressing, the insects singing to the sky remains constant. The only thing that’s certain. The only thing that’s ceaseless and endures."
Hermes: "What’s wrong Kino?"
Kino:" You know Hermes, sometimes a traveler also explores their mind."
(Kino no Tabi)

The Author: "The difference between reality and illusion is that illusions are which humans have created. Life begins when u make a distinction between yourself and others. From that moment, the world becomes a stage in which you are the main character. Yet all people exist in the illusion that they are the main character. But the world, cruel as it is, denies you that role of the main character. It’s quite a twist and everyone is burdened with this sad bit of irony. But there is one way to escape."
Kino: To not to be a main character, to be a smaller role, or…
The Author: "That’s right, to be an author."
Hermes: "You do know he’s crazy right?"
Kino: "All I know is that normal people would never become authors."
(Kino no Tabi)

Time waits for no one.
(The girl who leapt through time)

Different conclusions are reached when one fact is viewed from two separate points of view. When that happens, there is no immediate way to judge which point of view is the correct one. There is no way to conclude one's own conclusion is the correct one. But for that exact reason, it is also premature to decide one's own conclusion is wrong. ~Senjougahara Hitagi
(Bakemonogatari)

There are more but I think this is enough. :)

And btw I am certain that similiar type of topics had been made,but I think this one is different 'cause I am asking for quotes that made you speechless,that amazed you. I think you'll understand. :)
Sep 30, 2012 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
Tomo: Then tell her what IT means Yomi

Yomi: I...I...Internet Technique......

Tomo: eeh....I see. Sounds pretty convincing...

{Quote from Azumanga Daioh]

LOLEST!!!!
Sep 30, 2012 7:47 AM

Jun 2009
People die if they are killed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2012 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
old version of this topic might be fun to read : (not to burst your bubble)
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1380&show=1360
Sep 30, 2012 9:19 AM

Mar 2012
AirStyles said:

This lol.

And also:
Believe in the me that believes in you
Sep 30, 2012 9:25 AM

Feb 2008
"My hips are moving on their own!"

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 30, 2012 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
ZetaZaku said:

LMFAO!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2012 10:19 AM
Jul 2012
ZetaZaku said:

I love you
Sep 30, 2012 10:23 AM

Oct 2010
appachai: appa?
lol
ZetaZaku said:

what is that from?
Sep 30, 2012 10:25 AM

Sep 2011
"It's tough, but I still play! I keep losing, but I still play! Because when I win... I feel so happy!"
Sep 30, 2012 10:31 AM

Aug 2009
Aghh there are SO many!

I like this one from Ghost in the Shell:

Motoko: "You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.
Puppet Master: There isn't one. Why would you wish to? All things change in a dynamic environment. Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you. "

There were a lot of good kinda deep quotes in Fruits Basket. Tohru was surprisingly wise about life, people and relationships (I don't mean the sexual kind)...Shigure spouted occasional wisdom as well.
Sep 30, 2012 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
"Secondhand smoke kills you know. It's far worse than the fumes you inhale directly. Take diethylene, one of those nasty carcinogens your doctor may have warned you about on your last visit. Firsthand smoke has between 5.3 and 43 nanograms of diethylene, whereas secondhand smoke has between 680 and 823 nanograms. Then we've got quinoline, another effective one. Secondhand smoke has 18000 nanograms, 11 times more than the amount you're sucking doen firsthand. You can make the choice to blacken your lungs, but don't expect to enforce that on me."
-November 11, Darker than BLACK

I like this one because you get the feeling November 11 has practiced it, probably to avoid inhaling more smoke than he already needs to.

I was also rather taken with many of the Count's lines from Gankutsuou.
Sep 30, 2012 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
"El Psy Congroo" (SG)
No idea what it means :P

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 30, 2012 10:45 AM

Nov 2011
"I would never commit suicide, i'd rather kill myself" (Not an Anime)

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 30, 2012 10:48 AM

Oct 2011
AirStyles said:

This.
Sep 30, 2012 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
Sep 30, 2012 11:29 AM

Aug 2012
"Pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi!"
Sep 30, 2012 11:31 AM
Jul 2012
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
appachai: appa?
lol
ZetaZaku said:

what is that from?

pretty much any hentai
Sep 30, 2012 3:25 PM
Jan 2012
Well I expected less joking around,maybe I expected too much. o_O
Sep 30, 2012 5:22 PM

Aug 2009
AwesomeCamper said:

^this.XD

"This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I’m watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can’t be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don’t know. My imagination isn’t very creative; I just can’t imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won’t disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream."--Claire Stanfield, Baccano
Sep 30, 2012 5:52 PM

Jan 2010
"I'm so fucked up."
- Shinji Ikari
Sep 30, 2012 8:16 PM

Sep 2012
Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war...becomes justice!!!

That's my quote right there.
Sep 30, 2012 8:47 PM

Jun 2012
誰かが世界はもう終わりだと言ってました。
でも私この世界が好きです。
この街が好きです、ここにいるみんなが大好きです。
だからあきらめるなんて、出来ません。~kanata sorami

when she said this i rewound the cr vid and smacked the wall
damn that quote single handedly made this anime good, is what i thought
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Sep 30, 2012 8:55 PM

Jun 2009
"I've masturbated to you before!"

This literally left me amaze and speechless...

The courage to say that...
Sep 30, 2012 10:15 PM

Sep 2012
"I'm already super negative!!!"
*insert dumb struck face*
One Piece, Usopp vs Perona
lolz i couldnt breath for like 10 mins after i read/saw it
there's many others, but this is what came to mind first
Sep 30, 2012 10:17 PM

Apr 2012
"Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddam vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 1, 2012 2:42 AM

Oct 2009
ZetaZaku said:

Sigh. Now I feel depressed knowing that I'm too familiar with this phrases.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 1, 2012 2:56 AM

Jan 2009
Fate/Zero episode 24 the Deceptive Holy Grail

Holy Grail said: your wish can never include a method yourself dont know
if you wish to save the world it must be done in a way that you comprehend
Emiya Kiritsugu said: shut up!!! how the hell can you call that a miracle?
Holy Grail said: its a miracle, the deed that you try and failed on your own can be accomplished on
a scale beyond the power of any man, what else could you call it but a miracle?
Oct 1, 2012 3:03 AM

Jun 2012
When Luffy says "That's slow" (or whatever may have been lost in translation) after dodging the Pacifista's lasers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOcCu1TCIUQ

Fucking badass.
Oct 1, 2012 4:18 AM
Jan 2012
Doflamingo45 said:

That's my quote right there.

That's one of my favourite quotes. :)

Mageking said:
誰かが世界はもう終わりだと言ってました。
でも私この世界が好きです。
この街が好きです、ここにいるみんなが大好きです。
だからあきらめるなんて、出来ません。~kanata sorami

when she said this i rewound the cr vid and smacked the wall
damn that quote single handedly made this anime good, is what i thought

Translation? :P

SaberEdge said:
When Luffy says "That's slow" (or whatever may have been lost in translation) after dodging the Pacifista's lasers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOcCu1TCIUQ

Fucking badass.

I thought that as well. :D
Oct 1, 2012 4:22 AM
May 2012
"God Is Dead"

Aioi Yuuko - Nichijou
Oct 1, 2012 4:33 AM
Oct 1, 2012 4:52 AM

Apr 2011
Everything said in the Grail Dialogue was exciting.
Oct 1, 2012 10:31 AM

Oct 2010
AwesomeCamper said:

and this
Oct 1, 2012 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
AirStyles said:
ZetaZaku said:

LMFAO!!!

I LOL'd so hard
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2012 11:31 AM
Mar 2012
"Oh my Gah"

idk why
Oct 1, 2012 11:41 AM

Jan 2012
AirStyles said:

I was just gonna say that xD
One of the quotes that I loved was from Bakemonogatari that I watched recently from episode 12.I don't remember exactly how it went but it was pretty romantic
Oct 1, 2012 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
shintai88 said:
Kurano said:

What anime is this from?

Campione
Oct 1, 2012 1:12 PM

Feb 2011
It's not a quote though , but Hollow Ichigo's speech while he was fighting Ichigo was just extraordinary
Oct 1, 2012 1:31 PM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:

Best quote ever.
Oct 1, 2012 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
"Something that's supposed to die and doesn't... will eventually rot away, whether it's a man or a nation." - Reinhard von Lohengramm

"Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago. And they are still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can I abandon a friend?" - Yang Wenli

And many more amazing quotes from that series.
Oct 1, 2012 2:10 PM

Mar 2012
"I won't let you forget anymore. I won't let you forget no matter what happens. I'll always be with you. That's why...that's why...we'll definitely...always be together." - Renji to Chihiro from ef-a tale of memories
Oct 1, 2012 4:08 PM

Nov 2011
AirStyles said:

This.

My favourite of all time is still:
"Goodbye, Ray Penbar." (My reaction was: Holy; he didn't just do that. /Instant approval.)
Oct 1, 2012 4:09 PM

Sep 2012
AzureBlues said:
AirStyles said:

This.

My favourite of all time is still:
"Goodbye, Ray Penbar." (My reaction was: Holy; he didn't just do that. /Instant approval.)

+9999

Best quotes of all time.
Oct 1, 2012 4:25 PM

Feb 2010
"Anything that hasn't been there since the beginning of the universe needn't be there until it's end."
Y.W.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 1, 2012 4:41 PM

Jul 2012
"Don't forget, your lives have value just by being alive and being there"---Lloyd Irving

"PEOPLE'S DREAMS NEVER END"-----------Blackbeard
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Oct 1, 2012 4:47 PM
Jul 2012
ZetaZaku said:

Made my day, thanks.

And this I agree
-GrayZOX
Oct 1, 2012 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
"You won't learn unless I kill you."

- Kenshiro

More topics from this board

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - Yesterday

52 by Memore »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you pick new anime to watch thinking you probably will like it? Or just picking whatever is popular?

Rinrinka - Yesterday

36 by DarkShame2 »»
4 minutes ago

» thoughts on users that have a mean score of below 5?

deg - 11 minutes ago

2 by animegamer245 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - 40 minutes ago

6 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » anime is trash and so am i

deg - 2 hours ago

18 by Zhenro »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.