Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 15, 2012 11:32 AM
Jul 2010
vaikepois said:
Well.. "clean" girls you see only in anime...
in these these girls change guys like socks and then whine that noone loves em D:...
Try not to generalize so much, would you? These days might not be the best time for a honest relationship, but that doesn't mean everyone's like that. Well, that's just say that as a girl, I got a little bit offended at your comment.
Oct 15, 2012 2:48 PM

Jul 2012
Dusk252 said:
vaikepois said:
in these these girls change guys like socks and then whine that noone loves em D:...
Try not to generalize so much, would you? These days might not be the best time for a honest relationship, but that doesn't mean everyone's like that. Well, that's just say that as a girl, I got a little bit offended at your comment.

i agree. also when a girl gets raped, it does not mean she is "dirty", and it's extremely offensive when you judge someone solely on this quality. these forums are probably not the best place to have this kind of discussion, but just saying.
Oct 15, 2012 7:13 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
For some reason I thought that fat guy was going to end up being the dude she played Btooom! with at the start of episode. Guess I was wrong :P. Glad see him turned into goulash anyway.

vaikepois said:

Well im quite an idealist ... so T_T... for me is perfectos or forever alone..

Nobody and nothing is perfect, so I hope your ready for forever alone.
Oct 15, 2012 8:41 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, they're really skipping some stuff, but so far it's just a chronological change. Nothing in the story has been really changed that i can see, so that's good. This is a nice intro as well, so it's not a bad change, although i can see some people being turned off by the lack of continuation and all the rape.
I'm enjoying this so far though.

I still hate Himiko's friends, omg. Such bitches. I understand they had something terrible happened to them, but if that happened to me and my only hope was my one female friend against four guys, i'd want her to run off and call the cops too, not try and help me when it's obvious she'd probably fail at it.
They wanted to meet the guys anyway, so they can't really blame Himiko for that.
PsychoPass said:
But since he was hinted to have some anger management issues, he could be a brutal mother beater, that deserves what's coming to him. Who knows!
Basically everyone can get "spirited away" and no one in the "real world" gives a damn? What's up with that?
He's more of a father beater than a mother beater, although i guess you could say Sakamoto beat his mother emotionally.

Also, if they did a background check and concluded it was unfair to send someone to the island, they'd have less test subjects available. They have to take all they can get for this so it's as random as possible. Serves for a better experiment than putting nothing but crazies there.
You have to think like an emotionless ass to get the logic in this series. Kind of like Deadman Wonderland.
VyudaliOct 15, 2012 9:07 PM
Oct 16, 2012 2:43 AM

Aug 2012
Too much backstory and not enough backbone and backblasts.

Getting boring reaaaally fast.
Oct 16, 2012 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
The pacing is alright. We got see another character's backstory and this time with Himiko. Just so much sexual assault happened in this episode. If this seinen show needed that for the character build up, then be it and let's see how it progress from here.
Oct 17, 2012 5:25 AM

Jan 2011
Himiko's backstory is just sad. Her "friends" especially Miho makes me rage.
Seriously? She leaves the place to get help and you hate her for that? I think that Himiko made the right choice in leaving rather than helping Miho and possibly getting gang raped in the process. So Miho wrote Himiko's name in that form and she got sent to the island? So, the people there have had their name written down on that form?

Almost getting raped in that apartment and once again by some fat dude on an unknown island, life sucks for Himiko. Epic censorship but it's pretty obvious that he was sucking on her breasts. At least she bombed him before he penetrated her. He didn't even have time to put his pants back on haha

Overall interesting ep focused on Himiko though I can't wait to see the next ep. Fat dude was still creepy.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 17, 2012 5:50 PM

Mar 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Akarin~

This comment made me smile so much after all the discussion about the darker elements shown in this episode.

You Sir/Madam deserve a tub of Rum Raisin!
Oct 18, 2012 12:56 AM
Jan 2010
Dusk252 said:
vaikepois said:

........ How about all the fatso comments? These people don't know how to be polite lol, they're biased to the max. To be honest I wouldn't waste my energy on them, just ignore them.
Oct 18, 2012 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
I really cannot stand rape in storytelling. Not just because it makes me upset, but because it's a terrible plot device used to make female characters 'tragic'. I hope that there isn't any more of it in the later episodes because it will severely detract from my enjoyment.
Oct 18, 2012 10:32 AM
Jul 2008
God this episode gave me the shivers. So disturbing.
Oct 18, 2012 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, I'm really liking the two leads so far. Can't wait to see them team up.
Oct 18, 2012 9:15 PM

Sep 2008
The censoring was mostly useless. Why did they even bother?

Episode was great, just like the previous one. This feels like Battle Royale all over again.
Oct 19, 2012 5:11 AM
Jul 2012
Dat horny sweaty fat-ass otaku rapist nigga...
...kinda remind me of myself back then when I'm in a miserable state.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 19, 2012 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
Oh the creeps are coming out of the woodwork. >_<

I think Himiko should stop beating herself up about the incident with her classmates, she called the cops right? I understand their feelings of being betrayed but she was next in line to be a victim too. Assigning blame would be pointless since all the girls IMHO were all victims.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 19, 2012 4:19 PM
Nov 2010
I like how it took some time for the chick to realize she could throw the bomb.
Oct 23, 2012 5:37 AM

Dec 2011
I can't explain with words the vulgarity of this episode, it's tasteless, like a hentai, the structure of the episode really sucks and the characters are really predictive. I hope this show get better on the next few episodes, though I find it very difficult to happen.
Oct 23, 2012 7:02 PM

Jan 2010
What a horrific, tense, uncomfortable ride this episode was. So many of the worst parts could be foreseen, which just made them more terrible to watch.

I wonder if the chap with the big knife is just an evil psychopath or if he might act more reasonably depending upon the circumstances.

I'm glad that this was the second episode and not the first. Without the first to give me some context, I would have felt that this was a cross between Leaving Las Vegas, Elfen Lied and Jigoku Shoujo but with more rape and murder. I probably would have felt compelled to drop it and I might not have even finished the episode. Several scenes were disturbing.
Oct 24, 2012 12:00 AM
May 2012
Damn it, So many fuck-up situation around here.

Yea, she shouldn't be with those 3 untrusted men! Look what happened during the flashback where Yoshioka- senpai done to Yuki & Arisa till Miho abandoned her, NOW WHAT?!

Hell, this is just way too intense than Accel World & Sword Art Online! Oh great, what did I just said. I just felt speechless.... gonna catch on this anime btw.

God, I wonder that Fat-fuck is dead after Himiko 'kills him then being thrown down through the water.
JafriZinOct 24, 2012 12:27 AM
Oct 27, 2012 10:25 PM

May 2012
This episode frustrated me a lot. Poor Himiko.
Oct 28, 2012 9:40 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode,I love how dark this is
Oct 28, 2012 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
Nice with some early on character development and back story. Now I won't just look at Himiko and think "damsel in distress" aka "helpless high school girl".

Also... damn I love that OP and ED!
Oct 31, 2012 5:33 AM

Aug 2010
I have a feeling that the fat guy didn't die and will come back later, his body seemed to be quite intact when it fell into the river. Censoring will detract from the enjoyment of the show though. 3/5.
Oct 31, 2012 7:31 AM

May 2008
Wow that was an amazing episode , whats with the ratings of this show so far ?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 31, 2012 10:06 AM

Mar 2012
PervisumChaos said:
lovelydeath said:

IN RESPONSE TO THIS COMMENT: This sin't the Btoom manga, this is the anime, the adaptation, therefore it makes sense that it has differences and if you are honestly condemning the anime for changing the one small detail of the timing then you really don't understand the word adaptation and really shouldn't be watching one.
I enjoyed the episode, it got a bit dark and I really felt sorry for Himeko, especially the part were her friends blamed ger for what happened since in my honest opinion it really wasn't her fault that happened and they are just making her feal guilty.
In my opinion this is going to be one of the best in the season if they stick to the source material and have it in multiple seasons and don't cram the whole thing into 12 episodes since things like that never turn out well.

Actually the anime didn't "change" anything, it's only going in chronological order (well as much as they can, since Himiko's stuff happened before Ryouta's, however the latter is the protagonist, so of course they had to put his before Himiko's events) of events which some people fail to realize...

I can't even find that response that I had made...but just so you know I was actually referring to someone elses post. If you look at my profile I dont read manga. I watch anime. That right there would show you that I am not comparing anything to the manga because I've never read it. Let me say it again, it was in response to someone elses comment....
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 1, 2012 5:52 PM

Dec 2010
man the blonde is really what they say about blondies. Simple minded and she was a purist with no aggression wtf. She's reduced to a simple character but I guess it's kind of okay since she's a highschooler.

Her glasses friend though...I don't understand WTF was her problem. Did she wanted to quietly get raped together or was it the publicity legal justice that she's mad at? I wouldn't hate my friends if they run a way on me, and they've said the same to me.

Just wtf. stupid.
Nov 2, 2012 4:44 PM

Aug 2011
Heavy on the taboo issues, I liked this episode's format very much and how it ended at the point of the first ep too. I didn't expect her story was filled with so much suspense and horror, I had the wrong idea about her.
Nov 16, 2012 12:28 AM

Jun 2009
I wasn't offended by the rape, that stuff happens, even though it's only about 1 in 1000 guys that will rape you and the media sensationalizes it like always, making girls think that every guy next to them will want to rape them.

I found it okay. My main problems with this would go away if characters reactions weren't so delayed around BOMBS. "I'm... I'm going to die? Better just stand here for a few seconds, inner-monologuing as a BOMB is in my hands."
Nov 25, 2012 10:31 AM

May 2010
Lol okay let's all instantly trust this girl whom we don't know
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 14, 2012 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
She's so cute. <3
Dec 16, 2012 4:32 PM

May 2012
I never was going to watch this anime. But after seeing the screenshots of rape scene I might change my mind
Dec 19, 2012 7:01 PM

Jan 2012
man this is going fast...... did enjoy this more though weirdly
Dec 23, 2012 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
woah.
Dec 26, 2012 7:17 AM

May 2012
Well that was rather an interesting take on the backstory of that character, well lets see what's next, getting quite interesting now!
Dec 27, 2012 4:26 PM

Sep 2011
LOL ended the same way as episode 1! xD
Jan 2, 2013 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think the rape scene was unneeded at all. If anything is realistic in this series, it's that the women would be raped right away on a deserted island. This show isn't afraid of putting out uncomfortable subjects and I like that. Not into hentai or anything. But dark situations are great in anime.
Jan 3, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2012
Here is some screenshot from the uncensored version

Jan 5, 2013 8:25 AM
Dec 2010
ffs i hate this raping suff... Im glad that fat guy got what he deserved.
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 6, 2013 2:55 PM

Oct 2011
They are rushing things too much... I didn't like the episode
Jan 28, 2013 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
recently started watching this anime, i didn't mind the rape scene just they went a bit too overboard with the whole tit sucking thing just a tad bit to far. Besides that its going good
CG Artist 3D Animator
---------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/cra0kalo
http://cra0kalo.com

Jan 29, 2013 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty good episode haha. I like how serious this is getting.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 10, 2013 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
boner achieved...

this show gives me the same vibe and Gantz, which is a good thing
Nov 16, 2013 12:40 AM

Jul 2008
And now we got the girl's story....I wonder if we'll get more but regardless now we need to find out what the heck is going on.
Nov 16, 2013 4:44 AM

Nov 2013
Poor Himiko. I do understand the resentment of her friends, but it's not like she could have done anything against those guys alone.
Nevertheless, the fat guy got what he deserved.
Dec 27, 2013 2:42 PM
May 2013
I've seen enough hentai to know that big fat guys aren't trust-able .
I hope for a SakamotoxHimiko too bad I have to wait until ep 4 to see if it's going to happen.
Himiko>Sakamoto she figured out the rules before him, he needs to train more to get some woman instinct.
Jan 6, 2014 3:17 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty good episode.
Feb 3, 2014 5:39 PM

Apr 2013
I feel bad for Himiko. It's obviously not her fault. It was impossible to save her friends against 4 guys, especially in that small room. She did the best thing, and that was run and call the police.
Though, I can understand how her friends might have hated her, since horrible experiences can really alter the way you think.
Amazing episode though.
Feb 4, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
This shit is fucked up. I like it though. These rape scenes were really, REALLY disturbing though. It's definitely getting interesting.
Feb 18, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2010
That guy was a filty piece of fucking shit and he deserved to die in a way more brutal way, fucking rapist. Really disturbing but well animated, made me feel really sorry for Himikko.

I don't know what to think of her background, I understand the anger of the other girls who were left behind but it's not like she really abandoned them, she called the cops and thanks to her the guys were at least arrested. Of course it's sad for them but on the other hand, it's not worth getting her killed over imho. If you have a problem with her, just tell her flat out and scream at her or whatever you want but don't go selling her out knowing that she could disappear/die, that's just horrible.
Mar 24, 2014 1:16 AM

Oct 2013
ah yeah this game rules :3

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.