Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2008 11:25 PM

Feb 2007
I loath him so much that it might be hard for me to continue past episode one. I'll update here as I go on about how much I hate him. If he turns out awesome, them I am so sorry for my premature reaction. However this show seems formulaic enough (at least in character types) that I doubt there will be any pleasant surprises when it comes to him specifically.

Anyone else agree or am I just crazy?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2008 12:48 AM

Jan 2008
I'm currently playing the game. From what I see, he appears to be extremely paranoid. It's definitely a necessity because he's the guy setting the mood. As he gets more and more paranoid, the creepier and creepier the atmosphere gets. He's pathetically weak, but he's doing a good job at it.
Oct 23, 2008 2:42 AM

Jan 2008
I love hikkikomoris
Ahaha~
Oct 23, 2008 7:19 AM

Sep 2008
So, do you hate the characters that remind you of yourself?

[/irony]

He gets better after he gets his di-sword, though that makes him less interesting and more like any other standard main character. For now, enjoy your paranoid pile of nerves.
SingerOfWOct 23, 2008 10:06 AM
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

血の赤も、骨の白も、焼け爛れる肉の黒も腹から噴き出る臓腑の灰も。

銃剣の煌き弾丸のメタル。軋む戦車の振動に塹壕の饐えた匂い。
Oct 23, 2008 8:40 AM
Sep 2008
I love the main character.
Oct 23, 2008 10:43 AM

Dec 2007
Main character is my hero and what I aspire to be.
Oct 23, 2008 10:52 AM

Jun 2008
It is easier to like him in the game than in the anime because you can see all his thoughts in the game and it makes him a little easier to understand. and I have to say that I agree with him a lot of times..
Oct 23, 2008 11:01 AM

Feb 2008
I'm set after reading the first post. If i can stomach the MC of Kurogane no Linebarrels, this series should be a walk in park then..i hope.

*goes to TT*
Oct 23, 2008 1:06 PM

Feb 2007
SingerOfW said:
So, do you hate the characters that remind you of yourself?

Yeah, no.

Darkii said:
If you hate him so much then don't watch it fag.

it's called plot, fag.

Sometimes a horrible main character adds to the plot, especially if by the end you come to understand and even like them.

and yes, I know he's paranoid; and no, he's not that hard to understand.

Just starting a little old discussion of the main character, relax. Maybe my mind will change, maybe not. If you don't want to have a discussion about the anime then get the fuck out of this subboard :D
Oct 23, 2008 1:32 PM

Feb 2008
I don't hate him, he makes the story more interesting. I'd rather have a messed up character like him rather than some generic character that has been done to death a million times.
Oct 23, 2008 2:35 PM
Mar 2008
I have to agree with selective_yellow on this one. I don't like this guy either. I just watched episode two and all that came to mind was what they did to Shiki in the "Tsukihime" anime... which doesn't exist btw.
Actually, this whole series is reminding me of that dreaded anime. Especially the part in episode two
I think it's because of both the Tsukihime-like story and the main character that's starting to turn me away from this series. I'll watch one more episode and if it still goes like this I'm dropping it. Much better shows are out there that are not imitating good Doujin games.
Oct 23, 2008 2:41 PM

Apr 2007
Oh yeah, dude, obviously they're intentionally ripping off Tsukihime, seeing as it's pretty much king of originality right
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2008 2:46 PM

May 2007
I don't know if I "hate" him. He's not an abomination like Ito Makoto (School Days) - he's just abnormal. Can't say anything abut mentally retarded people... and for the record, he's not a "funny hikky" like Satou (NHK); his delusional brain is fakked upside down.
Oct 23, 2008 2:49 PM
Mar 2008
Neverender said:
Oh yeah, dude, obviously they're intentionally ripping off Tsukihime, seeing as it's pretty much king of originality right
I can practically list the Tsukihime rip-offs in this series. That's horrible. You have your spoofs, then you have this. There's a pretty big difference. That blonde girl is kind of like Arcueid when you think about it. And Taku has a friend I call Arihiko because he acts similar, even though the two characters look different. It's wrong lol.
Oct 23, 2008 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
I don't hate him (yet), but he does annoy the shit out of me.
Oct 23, 2008 3:01 PM

Feb 2005
UkyoKuonji2010 said:
Neverender said:
I can practically list the Tsukihime rip-offs in this series. That's horrible. You have your spoofs, then you have this. There's a pretty big difference. That blonde girl is kind of like Arcueid when you think about it. And Taku has a friend I call Arihiko because he acts similar, even though the two characters look different. It's wrong lol.

If you are persistent enough, you'd find every other series use the same plot devices and character archetypes in one way or another. Tsukihime is great, but it's hardly the peak of originality either.
Not that I'd think such a peak exists. Maybe a small hilltop.
Oct 23, 2008 3:08 PM
Mar 2008
Baman said:
UkyoKuonji2010 said:
Neverender said:

If you are persistent enough, you'd find every other series use the same plot devices and character archetypes in one way or another. Tsukihime is great, but it's hardly the peak of originality either.
Not that I'd think such a peak exists. Maybe a small hilltop.

I agree with you with the originality bit. There's always something unique and original being thought up of, and who knows; ten years down the road both "Tsukihime" and "Chaos;Head" would be cliche... heck it kinda is now.
And yes, I see elements of many different series in other anime too, but so many of one in just a single episode? It's too obvious for someone who knows about the Tsukihime game.
I don't think I have seen such an annoying main character before, not if you include the main girl character in "Kare Kano". His voice drives me nuts all by itself.
Oct 23, 2008 3:15 PM

Feb 2005
Well, as much as this guy annoys me, at least he annoys in a rather unusual way. He's neither one of those emo mecha steretypes or one of those spineless recipients of Tsundere wrought abuse that are so common in Harem comedies.
As for the cliche level, I'll wait and see. Some series turn out alright even if they're walking cliches.
Oct 23, 2008 4:39 PM

Jul 2008
I actually like him. He's unlike every other anime character. It's what makes this show so ineresting to watch to me. He's so utterly pathetic that's both funny and sad at the same time.
Nov 2, 2008 1:27 AM

Aug 2008
I relate to the main character a little too much, though I'm not nearly as paranoid nor delusional. In any case, I like him but the voice can be grating at times.
Nov 2, 2008 6:23 AM

Nov 2007
Ill be honest I find him difficult to like, wouldnt go so far as to say I hate him but I wouldnt be too gutted if the show finishes with a Bad End for him.

Nov 2, 2008 11:35 AM

Jun 2008
net_nomad said:
I relate to the main character a little too much, though I'm not nearly as paranoid nor delusional. In any case, I like him but the voice can be grating at times.

Same.

But as annoying as his voice is, I think his voice actor did one of the best voice acting jobs I have ever heard (at least in the game)
Nov 4, 2008 10:05 PM
Apr 2008
I don't really hold much love for the main character, but i can kind of see why he acts the way he does. Kind of. Part of me hopes that he mans up and does something meaningful. That's just me getting into the story though :p.

But it's somewhat unfair. We can call him pathetic all we want, but who knows, its possible we'd act similarly if we were in his situation (though the way he constantly blows people off makes me a bit sad).

I always wondered about the point of these type of characters. To make the character dynamic and show growth? To avoid perfect characters who have no faults and can do everything, like Superman? To make me feel better about myself?--"at least i'm not like that" (haha)

Even if it does remind you of Tsukihime, I don't think there's a problem with that. Sometimes, drawing parallels can deepen characters/themes. But yeah, just as long as it's not super super cliche, i think it's stomachable.

I watch b/c i don't know whats going on.
Nov 5, 2008 2:08 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah, try to picture yourself as Taku in this anime. And remember Animes and characters aren't made for only you, they're made for everybody. Don't start bitching about He's the worst character in the world. They've actually made the best worthless character in anime industries. So the more you hate him, the more successful the creator are.

Just wait until they've animated chapter 6 and 7, you'll change your view about Taku as a human being.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 9, 2008 2:22 AM

Sep 2007
Obviously it was intentional to make Takumi so paranoid, because it was essential to the story. I wouldn't say I like him, but his character adds more feeling to this anime, kinda like Makoto from School Days. Sometimes you need that character that you love to hate.

Nov 9, 2008 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
I mega-loathe him. But the fact that I hate him keeps me coming back. It's like I watch it to make sure I hate him more, and that he receives retribution for being an asshat.
Nov 9, 2008 9:33 PM
Jan 2008
If the anime follows the game truthfully (which it did so far) to the end, you'll love Taku. <3

Should you all want in-depth explanation of everything, play the game after the anime ends. ;D
Nov 11, 2008 3:21 AM

Apr 2007
aero said:

Ditto.

But it's not like I'm really liking any of the girls either, who are all cliche.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2008 7:13 PM

Apr 2008
Siing said:
aero said:

Ditto.

But it's not like I'm really liking any of the girls either, who are all cliche.

He is pretty annoying, I can't wait til some personality change comes... and he actual becomes.. normal?

The girls are awesome :) Yeah, cliched personalities, but that's what we like best, ya? :D
Nov 12, 2008 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
Guys, when you see the ending, you'll notice he's more badass than you think.
Nov 15, 2008 7:29 PM

Jan 2008
gdavge2003 said:

He is pretty annoying, I can't wait til some personality change comes... and he actual becomes.. normal?

The girls are awesome :) Yeah, cliched personalities, but that's what we like best, ya? :D

And this is where I differ from all of you saying you don't like Taku.
I don't want another normal main character. For once a show has a main character that isn't like every other hero in an anime. Why do you all feel the need to watch the same exact thing over and over again?

Plus, he is pretty much an anime version of me. So I can't hate him. I love him, he's one of my favorite anime characters yet. Because I can relate to him so much.

And... Tsukihime?
Every "example" of how they are alike whoever said that gave is a huge stretch.
The two have very little in common.

Seriously, this is the best show this season, and 50% of why it is so great is Taku.
Nov 18, 2008 10:29 PM

Oct 2007
Im assuming you all hate him because of his personality :P But i hate him for a different reason! I hate him because he gets to live the dream of every otaku! To be the main character of his own series D: Damn him... getting to a high level in a MMO, having tons of Anime Figures, not having to go to school alot, having his life turn into a anime, AND the most important thing that ticks me off the most, having his life turn into a HAREM anime...
[sarcasm]
Taku you son of a b*tch! ILL KILL YOU D:
[/sarcasm]
Nov 20, 2008 2:51 AM

Nov 2008
(warning, my posts are always tl;dr)

i agree with Anti-Existence and hirahira with taku.

taku is almost an exact replica of me, aside from the figures (i can't afford those). the extreme social isolation, paranoia, hallucinations, and preferences of anime and games to real life people. this series feels so real to me, because taku is extremely relatable and real. i often lose my sense of reality as he does, and to see someone similar to me is intriguing. i usually don't find these traits in people, whether IRL or the net.

i think a large chunk of this series was not really made to be appreciated by certain people, and as many know, nitro+ does not produce average things for average people. i don't think i'm wording this properly so it might sound offensive somehow. by the way, i don't think his voice is annoying at all. it's realistic. someone like taku wouldn't sound how other characters sound. the portrayal of the type of person is spot-on. that's what makes taku enjoyable, he's believeable and you really get the sense that he's not like everyone else.

i don't like the pink haired girl, probably because of bias from how taku sees her. i can sense a shift in that after episode four, so we'll see. i don't like his sister at all. so far she seems worthless to the plot and just added in for sister complex. i'm waiting to see how she'll develop.

what surprised me most is sakakibara yui's character. i'm a big fan of sakakibara yui and i've never known her to pick such a role. it's very interesting to see this fresh take, i'm used to her taking on cuter roles (and song styles). FES is definitely a favorite character. so far i like sena a lot too. sena is very mysterious...

oh, and by the way, someone said taku is "mentally retarded". pyschological problems and retardation have absolutely nothing to do with each other, it is offensive and insults my intelligence that anyone could ever think so.

on to episode 5...
Nov 20, 2008 2:56 AM

Nov 2006
i like him. :)
Nov 23, 2008 2:01 PM

Nov 2007
I like him too, it´s actually a pretty original character. But I can understand why some people may hate him, he´s just such a weakling.
Nov 23, 2008 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
He reminds me of Satou from NHK, so I like him.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Nov 23, 2008 2:06 PM

Mar 2008
I couldn't get enough of this guy if he was in a daily soap opera!
Nov 23, 2008 2:23 PM
Oct 2008
I like him =3
Dec 3, 2008 10:52 AM

May 2007
sellective_yellow, you are definitely not alone.

I couldn't bare 2 episodes of his bitching.

I've bailed out, and i'm pretty confided when i say that this phails. (IMO)

You sir, are my hero. Enduring this crap just to see if it gets any better definitely makes you some one who deserves my respect.

As for the Tsukihime addicted guy (I'm too lazy to scroll up an get his username), he is right.
I've also noticed that the childhood-friend thing. It really resembled with Arihiko, though i did't notice the hypnosis thing.
Now, it wouldn't be so terrible if at least they copied Akiha as well. lol
Dec 3, 2008 1:10 PM

Oct 2008
I dislike the main character.

And it's not like I only like typical protagonists. I actually liked Makoto from School Days.
Dec 3, 2008 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
taku is the best characters in this show this far. dont like the girls at all.. well, fes is ok.
Dec 20, 2008 8:49 AM

May 2007
I still hate Taku, but not as much as i hated him before.
Dec 24, 2008 2:28 PM

Dec 2008
Veronin said:
I don't hate him, he makes the story more interesting. I'd rather have a messed up character like him rather than some generic character that has been done to death a million times.

Dec 28, 2008 5:11 AM

Mar 2008
I actually liked him till he

Perhaps it is because I somehow have a weak spot for characters with serious psychologial issues. I was almost as scared as him during his red delusions and I think he acted perfectly natural for someone in his state.

Also, the story would probably be very cliched if he wasn't messed-up.
Dec 28, 2008 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
Takumi was the best part of C;H. but he was better in the game. you could see more of his thoughts. He's so crazy <3 <3
Jan 13, 2009 10:14 AM

Dec 2008
I liked him until

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 2, 2010 9:09 PM

May 2008
selective_yellow said:
I loath him so much that it might be hard for me to continue past episode one. I'll update here as I go on about how much I hate him. If he turns out awesome, them I am so sorry for my premature reaction. However this show seems formulaic enough (at least in character types) that I doubt there will be any pleasant surprises when it comes to him specifically.

Anyone else agree or am I just crazy?

I'm soo agree with you!! I'm currently watching episode 5, the more I watch the more I feel I need to drop this nonsense anime. zzz
Jan 4, 2010 11:19 PM

Apr 2009
Seijuro's Favorite Characters:
Nishijou, Takumi ChäoS;HEAd
Feb 22, 2010 6:33 AM

Sep 2009
For whatever reason, I like him. I mean, he's a total freak, but for whatever reason I like that about him. Makes me laugh ^_^
Mar 22, 2010 8:28 PM
Jan 2010
Kanon-kun said:
I'm currently playing the game. From what I see, he appears to be extremely paranoid. It's definitely a necessity because he's the guy setting the mood. As he gets more and more paranoid, the creepier and creepier the atmosphere gets. He's pathetically weak, but he's doing a good job at it.

Im also playing the game right now.

Hes very diffrent from most anime characters which is why I like him, Hikkomori's are the best in animes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

1 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:07 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

97 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.