Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 11:45 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a pretty awesome fight. Elements of it really reminded me of Hokuto No Ken (minus the explosions). I am very curious to see what happens now that Goku will have to fight Goro.

May 13, 2013 11:25 PM

Feb 2013
Haha Goro is exactly what I thought of too when Tien popped out those extra arms. I love that I honestly have no idea whos gonna win this fight, Tien is proving to be a tough fighter but Goku is not one to be underestimated.
Nov 12, 2013 3:46 PM

May 2012
Lolwut 4 arms O_O well I totally didn't expect this! Great character development and well lets just hope they won't interfere again!
Dec 1, 2013 9:47 AM

Jun 2009
Probably the most character development filled episode in the entire series. Looks like my prediction from the last thread came true.
Mar 12, 2014 7:17 PM

Jun 2009
Great stuff. Now that the distraction is out of the way lets see how this goes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 2, 2015 9:15 AM

Feb 2014
This fight is going really good so far...
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jul 2, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
It was really satisfying to see Shen getting blasted away lol
Nov 8, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
Good fight between Tenshinhan and Son Goku. Chaozu cheated and manipulated Son Goku because of the Crane Master's order. But Tenshinhan noticed this and opposed his master. Tenshinhan changed from evil fighter to sportsman. Muten Roshi finished the Crane Master and the fight between Tenshinhan and Son Goku can continue.
Jan 10, 2017 11:53 PM
Mar 2015
Wicked! 4 arm Tien blew my mind
Mar 10, 2017 10:16 PM

Jul 2010
Great character development for Tien and Chiaotzu! Glad they're not pushed around by Shen anymore -- very climactic. Lol at Goro.
Apr 4, 2017 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
This is a really exciting fight, the art's really picked up with some really dynamic shading on Tien and the Crane hermit.
Aug 7, 2017 12:20 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
nigga said:
It was really satisfying to see Shen getting blasted away lol

totally this i hate this guy sooo much >.<

Oct 10, 2017 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
Bye bye Shen.

And holy crap it's Goro.
Mar 4, 2020 8:45 PM
Jan 2020
the crane hermit being blasted away is one of the most satisfying moments in the series
May 31, 2020 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
Master Shen was truly irritating in this episode. His constant interference in the fight was irksome. Not to mention how he aggressively kept ordering Chaiotzu to interlope in the match. I was grinding my teeth together, waiting just for anyone to put a stop to this troublesome obtrusion. I was exasperated even more when none of the gang stepped forward to end this. As soon as blonde Lunch decided to take matters into her hands, I was giddy. But alas, she failed, points for effort, though. In hindsight, none of the usual group of friends in the gang could have done anything, not when Master Shen was there. Yamcha is still slightly injured, and the others aren't made for combat. My only hope for salvation from this petty situation was Master Roshi, but even he was letting things run its course. While frustrating, It is a good thing he stayed put. Otherwise, Tien wouldn't have found himself. But Master Roshi still managed to satisfy my urges of sanguinity by having Master Shen blasted off the ground. Oh, how much I hope Master Shen felt that shock wave.

Regardless, it's quite fortunate to see Tien and precious little Chiaotzu free of the hold Master Shen had in them. Now that Tien realized his true self, his true character started shining through, displaying a sense of noble attitude found in only honorable fighters. His latest physical transformations sure allow room for a lot of flexibility.

I am curious to see if Tien and Chiaotzu would start training under Master Roshi after the tournament ends. That would be fun and interesting.
Sep 15, 2020 10:17 AM
May 2019
The crane hermit was truly getting on my nerves. I'm glad Roshi just blasted him away like that - I couldn't stand him. I'm just happy Tien realized that it was far from a fair fight and actually stood up against his master. Luckily, this only made Goku even more ambitious.
Jan 17, 2021 6:07 AM

Oct 2020
As I thought last time!!!

Shen is totally cheap. But good thing Tien understood and opposed this shameful deed. And I also like the way he made the battle even. Now there will be a fight to watch.

Hah! Master Roushi did an amazing work here by his Kamehameha wave. He just blew that cheap minded guy way far from the tournament place. Good thing. Now no one is going to disturb.

However everything became normal again but that 4 hand thing was bizarre. I wish never to see this kind of technique in real life. I hope Goku will be able to observe the situation and come up with a better strategy.

Even if Goku loses he has nothing to loose. Because he will be the 2nd champion again till the next tournament. And if he wins, he wins!!!

Late added: Ok so did someone noticed that Chiaotzou was smiling for the first time like normal!!! Haha, I found that hilarious

Maddy_ReDarkJan 17, 2021 6:12 AM
Jan 12, 2023 7:37 PM

Dec 2021
Top 3 Characters
Goku
Tien
Roshi
Tien was peak this episode bro
Mar 6, 6:27 PM

Jun 2020
Wow I really started feeling for Tien this episode the way that he just wanted a fair fight but didn’t realize that Goku was being nerfed. I’m glad that the Crane Hermit is out of the way for now. Been enjoying this fight but I hope it wraps up soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 123 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 11, 2011

21 by wildhood »»
Yesterday, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 57 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 2, 2011

24 by David_Mamyan »»
Apr 21, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 75 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 15, 2012

24 by vehehgito »»
Apr 20, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 41 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 27, 2011

28 by JaminKT »»
Apr 17, 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.