Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2011 11:46 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And that's the end of muscle tower. It wasn't really an interesting arc, felt like fillers.
Sep 23, 2011 3:51 AM

Apr 2010
vizhmaster_vizhu said:

And that's the end of muscle tower. It wasn't really an interesting arc, felt like fillers.

Well considering what happens in DBZ, not really lol

Dec 6, 2011 9:35 PM

Mar 2011
vizhmaster_vizhu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

None of the characters were really all that compelling in this arc. I hope the next arc is more interesting.
Jan 6, 2012 1:30 PM

Dec 2010
The ark wasn't so bad, to be honest I liked it better than the pre-Tenkaichi episodes, but way less than the Tenkaichi arc itself. But this episode(41) was really getting on my nerves -.-
Feb 25, 2012 6:03 PM

Jul 2010
Cyborg #8 finally stands up to General White and the Muscle Tower is finally destroyed! :D

I'll agree with you guys that this saga wasn't too great, but it was okay.
Jun 2, 2012 1:53 AM

Jan 2010
great arc !!! ))
Nov 9, 2013 12:08 PM

May 2012
Good that this arc is finally over got a bit on my nerves as it was taking to long but well the ending was quite nice! Lets see what's next!
Nov 28, 2013 7:14 AM
Mar 4, 2014 1:21 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, another guy that is glad this arc is over. I also echo that there were no compelling characters this arc, which really hurt the experience.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 4, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Yeah, another guy that is glad this arc is over. I also echo that there were no compelling characters this arc, which really hurt the experience.

The "Red Ribbon army" saga is actually broken up into 3 sub saga groups. The first one being the "The red Ribbon army" 2nd is "General Blue" and lastly is "Commander Red" I like to group all of these together as they are all part of the Red Ribbon army saga. With the entire saga ending on episode 67 and part of 68. This being the first. Episode 42 marks the end of the whole muscle tower fiasco.

Yeah i have to agree as well i think this part of the series was severely lacking in comparison to the remaining sub saga's how ever one interesting character was introduced called Android 8 which if you remember is a throwback to how General Gero created the androids in the android saga of DBZ.

Something interesting to note here is that it was said that Dr. Flappe was the creator of Andriod 8, when in fact this is not true. This was filler in the anime only and never was part of the manga. Dr Gero is the true creator of all of these androids, which you won't see until 17 years later in Dbz.

Mar 4, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
insan3Spectre said:

The "Red Ribbon army" saga is actually broken up into 3 sub saga groups. The first one being the "The red Ribbon army" 2nd is "General Blue" and lastly is "Commander Red" I like to group all of these together as they are all part of the Red Ribbon army saga. With the entire saga ending on episode 67 and part of 68. This being the first. Episode 42 marks the end of the whole muscle tower fiasco.

Yeah i have to agree as well i think this part of the series was severely lacking in comparison to the remaining sub saga's how ever one interesting character was introduced called Android 8 which if you remember is a throwback to how General Gero created the androids in the android saga of DBZ.

Something interesting to note here is that it was said that Dr. Flappe was the creator of Andriod 8, when in fact this is not true. This was filler in the anime only and never was part of the manga. Dr Gero is the true creator of all of these androids, which you won't see until 17 years later in Dbz.

Yeah, I was scratching my head about the Flappe paart because I was indeed under the impression Dr. Gero created all the androids. Btw, the Android 8 is called "Cyborg 8" in my subs, I wonder if that is what they are really supposed to be or perhaps my subs just got it wrong?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 17, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
Ahahaha... "Is that your mother?" :')

Eighter is such a sweetheart. He conquered his cowardice this episode...he's almost a bit of a tsundere, tbh!

Hilarious how Goku was excited about the food, not Suno.

I was a little tired of this arc as well, as many people have noted. I thought the Murasaki fight dragged on and on, and it just wasn't enjoyable. But still, the arc as a whole wasn't too bad.
Oct 30, 2016 4:21 PM

May 2014
And that's the end of muscle tower arc. I liked how 8ter just knocked general white into oblivion. A lot of time would have been saved if they just done that in the first place.
Nov 5, 2016 1:44 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
brucescrews said:
vizhmaster_vizhu said:

None of the characters were really all that compelling in this arc. I hope the next arc is more interesting.

In first place the bad guys were kinda boring

Feb 3, 2017 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
The fall of muscle tower, not my favorite part of this arc but it's still pretty fun.
Jun 22, 2017 2:54 AM

Jul 2008
Android #8, the original One Punch Man.
Aug 31, 2017 2:22 PM

Jun 2016
Alright, my opinion on this Muscle Tower story is that it was by far the worst part of Dragon Ball so far, but that it wasn't necessarily bad. More so, it had the world building we all love with this snowy village being well explored, we see how the soldiers interact with the villagers when Goku is on his way to muscle tower, we see Goku's first experience with snow and him needing warmer clothing, some of our main supporting characters were the innocent family of Suno to show us how these people live, as well as the shots of Red Ribbon since episode 30 showing them raiding homes from the Dragon Ball and Goku. All of this gives us a great idea of the state Red Ribbon is putting the areas with Dragon Balls in them in, as well as what life is like this snowy village.

The cast for the major story however was Goku, Ha-Chan, Suno, Murasaki, and General White. I would not count the terminator robot of course. Suno's parents played some brief parts and the village chief was in the anime for very little until the end. The only real relationship Goku had, apart from some cute moments with Suno's family, was with Ha-Chan. What this means is that the only two characters that grow a worth while relationship and develop together are Goku and Ha-chan for the entirety of Muscle Tower. Ha-Chan is adorable even if he is simple, but his character arc is there, he grows to trust and care for Goku and then later learns a version of the saying "To protect a life, you must be prepared to take a life". Murasaki was charming, but his episodes went on too long for me, his whole character was that of a bumbling idiot who was good at playing ninja. I especially did like the moment where he briefly taught Goku to count though. General White was a boring generic villain, what we can expect so far from Red Ribbon, his whole character revolving around being arrogant, evil and cowardly. He did however show us three tactics to defeating Goku, 1. holding his tail, 2. using his gullibility to get an advantage(asking him to turn around) and 3. using other people against him(in the form of a hostage). This is three of the five ways we currently know to beat Goku, the other two being his hunger and being actually stronger than him(as in just Roshi so far, but even that's debatable). So, even if he was a boring villain he still had some interesting moments come from his presence.

I think because of the lack of static characters this arc, and the process of fighting boring baddie after baddie in the tower, it made this arc feel filler, and would argue that because the lack of synergy with the cast throughout it makes it much less impressive than what's come before it.
Sep 5, 2017 7:28 AM
Sep 2017
I think it was pretty good that he good to meet new people maybe that will help out in the future like eighter or senow!
Oct 4, 2017 5:20 PM
Sep 2017
Goku laugh is the cutest
Mar 1, 2020 4:59 PM
Jan 2020
pretty great ending to a very mediocre arc
May 16, 2020 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
This isn't exactly the end of this sub-saga. The Red Ribbon Army Saga is divided into three sub-sagas. Red Ribbon Army Saga (29-45), General Blue Saga (46-57), and Commander Red Saga (58-67). Meaning, only 4 episodes remain to complete the entire Red Ribbon Army sub-saga.

Anyways, this whole hostage situation could have been avoided if it wasn't for Android 8 being too much of a pacifist. These types of people, similar to General White, just can't be reasoned with. It is better to get rid of them now rather than waiting for them to cause trouble again. Because, from what I can assume, General White, despite the fact he got knocked out into the horizon with one punch alone, most likely landed in a thick snow-covered surface. Meaning, he could still be very much alive and could come back later on the story. Regardless, it is a welcome sight to see Android 8, the peace-loving robot, punch the lights out of General White and destroying the entirety of Muscle Tower, which, if memory serves right, still holds a fair number of soldiers, probably injured or even dead now. It is nice to see Android 8 could come in clutch when the time calls for it.

Sonu seems like she would be a good compatible with Goku. And yet, Goku already has the attention of Chi-Chi. I wonder how will that turn out.
removed-userMay 16, 2020 6:41 PM
Sep 4, 2020 7:21 PM
May 2019
Surprised by how quickly Goku regained his strength there. Ha-chan finally decided to stand up for himself and punched General White as hard as he could. I was really waiting for that. Overall, it was an okay arc.
Nov 10, 2020 11:50 AM

Oct 2020
Another good ending.

White is mean. But Eighter taught him a good lesson. Whoa! The punch seemed more powerful than Gokus' punches. However He did a good thing by destroying the tower.

Sunos father to her mother: Is that your mom?

Haha... that was good entertainment for the day.... haahahaha!!!

Apr 8, 2021 1:22 PM

Jul 2016
So.. I enjoyed it :).
Nov 19, 2022 11:04 AM

Dec 2021
I really liked Ha chan's arc and Goku immediately diving for the food made me laugh.
Nov 26, 2022 12:04 PM
Mar 2018
It was so rewarding to see Android #8 break through his cowardly demeanor and give General White a taste of his own medicine. It was much needed after all the nonsense they were put through by him and murasaki. However, I didnt like that Goku was brought down by a gun when he gets shot all the time in the show without repercussions. But honestly, that is glossed over at the end with Goku being more excited about eating some hot bread than seeing that red haired girl. A classic goku move that is worthy of the cheesy end of arc group laughter.
Nov 26, 2022 12:06 PM
Mar 2018
removed-user said:
This isn't exactly the end of this sub-saga. The Red Ribbon Army Saga is divided into three sub-sagas. Red Ribbon Army Saga (29-45), General Blue Saga (46-57), and Commander Red Saga (58-67). Meaning, only 4 episodes remain to complete the entire Red Ribbon Army sub-saga.

Anyways, this whole hostage situation could have been avoided if it wasn't for Android 8 being too much of a pacifist. These types of people, similar to General White, just can't be reasoned with. It is better to get rid of them now rather than waiting for them to cause trouble again. Because, from what I can assume, General White, despite the fact he got knocked out into the horizon with one punch alone, most likely landed in a thick snow-covered surface. Meaning, he could still be very much alive and could come back later on the story. Regardless, it is a welcome sight to see Android 8, the peace-loving robot, punch the lights out of General White and destroying the entirety of Muscle Tower, which, if memory serves right, still holds a fair number of soldiers, probably injured or even dead now. It is nice to see Android 8 could come in clutch when the time calls for it.

Sonu seems like she would be a good compatible with Goku. And yet, Goku already has the attention of Chi-Chi. I wonder how will that turn out.

I agree about Android #8. It was great to see him finally grow the balls to act.
Sep 8, 2023 3:37 PM

Jun 2020
Back to watching 1.00x speed, I honestly regret watching 2 episodes with 1.25x…

Goku was super cute this episode. I’m glad that this mini arc is over
Apr 17, 7:02 AM
Jan 2024
such a great episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 13 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 26, 2008

41 by Kyla_The_Plant »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

57 by berninhachan2 »»
Apr 14, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitaTsuki - Oct 14, 2011

64 by b1ackyoshi »»
Apr 6, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 24 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Sep 27, 2010

35 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 5, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 18 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 6, 2011

31 by oozePOP »»
Apr 1, 9:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.