Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2008 1:24 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:40 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 12, 2008 2:04 PM

Aug 2008
The sub for ep 01 f*cked my head up enough, I'll wait for the sub b/c I'm sure to be confused as hell when ep 02 starts. I want a good explanation for ep 01 & it better not be a bad dream, hallucination or alternate universe!

*crosses fingers*
Oct 12, 2008 2:19 PM

Nov 2007
KAGURA-CHAN~~!!!!!

So it looks like Ga-Rei Zero is actually a prequel to the manga series. Glad that it has more relations to the original comics than I thought it would.

I enjoyed this episode a lot; looking forward to the fansub release.
Oct 12, 2008 2:29 PM

Dec 2007
nice episode!
Oct 12, 2008 2:57 PM

Apr 2008
so im confused is there a main character cause every1 keeps dying?
Oct 13, 2008 1:32 AM

Feb 2008
We all was confused about it, but now I know why it's called Zero instead of only Ga-Rei since this is only a presequel of the manga.
But I prefer the manga it was better thought.
This episode was nice, same as episode 1.
When this anime is done I hope they will make a Ga-Rei based of manga. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 14, 2008 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
Never read the manga, but I think this series is awesome so far. I'm liking all of the characters but then they die... Kagura : ( She was a cool character. Guess there going to have to start from the beginning soon or just keep killing people once they are introduced lol Very much looking forward to what the next episode brings...
Oct 14, 2008 10:48 AM

Oct 2007
THAT is how you start anime when you want to kill all the good guys.

Looking forward to the next dying group!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 14, 2008 10:55 AM

Feb 2008
so who exsaclty is the protagonist. hehe she seems to be the one, but shes killing everyone haha. interesting.
Oct 14, 2008 11:08 AM

Jul 2008
OMG! Natsuki and Kaze ARE REALLY DEAD! They just said in the subs the whole team is dead! I liked NATSUKI! Damn you Yomi! YOU BITCH! I hate her and her stupid Ga-Rei Nue!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 14, 2008 11:36 AM

Jul 2007
I liked Natsuki and Tohru.. can't believe they're really dead T_____T
confused as heck, but this was still awesome... I love fast paced action, sword fights and kickass chicks! any idea how many eps this is going to be?
Oct 14, 2008 11:59 AM
Dec 2007
There's approximately everything I dislike in an anime condensed in Ga-Rei- Zero, pointless violence, no main characters (thus no development), very thick plot and very showy direction with nothing really interesting or original in it. It's a pass for me, already dropped.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 14, 2008 12:13 PM

May 2008
I have one thing to say so far... wtf! i like it but damn.
Oct 14, 2008 12:28 PM

Jun 2008
It's awesome.
Oct 14, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
For shame :( Natsuki and Touru were awesome. I particularily liked the motorcycle fu.

Oh well, for the moment at least, it doesn't seem Kagura is dead either, since she's apparently in the manga (basing off this site, and what Sonic said). So that's only a character or two they killed off this week. I was pretty happy with the way this episode turned out honestly, it took everything that worked so well the first week and did it again. I'll be here again next week, hopefully with a little more plot development this time, though I wasn't that disappointed with it this week.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 14, 2008 12:48 PM

May 2008
So far i have been unimpressed by this show. probably will watch one or more episode before i decide to drop or not.

score 1/5
Oct 14, 2008 1:32 PM

Dec 2007
This is getting confusing lol. But it's still kinda awesome....

I still won't stop hoping for a Natsuki comeback...she's too awesome to just die like that ;_;

Other than that...if she isn't returning I hope that Yomi'll be the main character (assuming the whole series isn't a prequel but a spinoff to the manga)
Oct 14, 2008 1:57 PM

Jul 2007
i liked the first set of characters a lot more....

and i guess there'll be some flashback episodes...
at least the killergirl had some kind of connection to tohru and his fiance somehow...
and all the pics on the website of this anime are with natsuki, tohru etc.

that what i hope at least
Oct 14, 2008 2:32 PM

Aug 2008
Now we have another supernatural action series with schoolgirl fighting monsters :r
I want first episode as one-shot OVA!
Oct 14, 2008 3:45 PM

Dec 2007
it's still wtf
but can they please make clear if they're going to relate to the manga AT ALL
Oct 14, 2008 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
I don't mind the killing and violence if there is a story behind it-will my patience be rewarded?
Oct 14, 2008 5:14 PM

Nov 2007
pointless violence woooo

this actually feels like it's going somewhere though
Oct 14, 2008 5:47 PM

May 2007
butterhex said:
I don't mind the killing and violence if there is a story behind it-will my patience be rewarded?

I know, right? I'm assuming we'll find out the reason behind Yomi-chan's evilness and utter, senseless massacring of everyone, including her sister.

This is getting to be a tad bit crazy, but I will admit, its definitely a different kind of start to an anime. I'm curious to see where they will go with this.
Oct 14, 2008 5:51 PM
Aug 2008
I'm sorely dissapointed, i've been waiting for this anime ever since i read the description of it in august and i figured "wow cool story line"

but after two months of anticipating i get this? I mean i can deal with the first episode, its like an attempt at being original right? Give you these classic, stereotypical characters only to mindfuck you at the end by killing them off. THEN WE GET THIS CRAP. WILL THERE EVEN BE A STORY LINE? WHY IS IT JUST A PREQUEL? WTF?!

I want fucking plot dammit!

I'm usually not this impatient, its jsut that i had such high expectations for this anime that i expected to be blown away with awesome graphics and etc. Except i get...this.
Oct 14, 2008 6:18 PM

May 2007
Sorakami said:
I'm sorely dissapointed, i've been waiting for this anime ever since i read the description of it in august and i figured "wow cool story line"

but after two months of anticipating i get this? I mean i can deal with the first episode, its like an attempt at being original right? Give you these classic, stereotypical characters only to mindfuck you at the end by killing them off. THEN WE GET THIS CRAP. WILL THERE EVEN BE A STORY LINE? WHY IS IT JUST A PREQUEL? WTF?!

I want fucking plot dammit!

I'm usually not this impatient, its jsut that i had such high expectations for this anime that i expected to be blown away with awesome graphics and etc. Except i get...this.

Let's keep in mind that this anime is a PREQUEL of the manga storyline. So I'm sure we'll be getting something soon. The producers are probably trying to wow the audience with this awesome fighting in hopes of more people becoming interested in the manga. It's only been two episodes, and we've already gotten some plot, especially with the Yomi and Kagura (albeit, we are led to believe she's dead) connection and how she whispered Ga-rei before being sliced apart.
Oct 14, 2008 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
I am not feeling this show at all. Nothing has interested me whatsoever except kickass fight scenes with Yomi; I can't believe I am doing this, but I am actually sticking with the show just for that. Let's see how long this lasts.
Oct 14, 2008 7:38 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Jacut said:
There's approximately everything I dislike in an anime condensed in Ga-Rei- Zero, pointless violence, no main characters (thus no development), very thick plot and very showy direction with nothing really interesting or original in it. It's a pass for me, already dropped.

Kagura is technically the main character so she isn't (supposed to be) dead.

Tekky99 said:
it's still wtf
but can they please make clear if they're going to relate to the manga AT ALL

Kagura is the main character in the manga. Yomi is the main antagonist in the first story arc. But again, this is more like a SPIN-OFF than a prequel since the main male character from the manga is nonexistent (as of the current episode) and Kagura could be dead after this second episode.

Let me also point that the manga was very lighthearted.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 14, 2008 8:36 PM

Dec 2007
Damn Good!!! I really liked this series, that bad chick is hot, and there is a really cool atmosphere in the ep!!! Can't wait for ep 3!!!
.. Airwalk
Oct 14, 2008 8:51 PM

Oct 2007
lol... why does category B look so retarded... i also loled at the flying squirrel and the guy that fights with the briefcase... also they stood there looking at each other for like 5 mins... i thought my comp froze... damn everyone dies in this show.. how am i suppose to connect with the characters if they die every episode?
Oct 14, 2008 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
This anime is meh. Was expecting something better...
Oct 14, 2008 9:07 PM

Jun 2008
2 weird episodes, and I wonder where in the hell this going. Oh well, guess I'll stick around afterall....

At least the fight scenes were very good.
Oct 14, 2008 10:22 PM
Sep 2007
and i thoght cg2 was confusing
Oct 15, 2008 12:04 AM

Jun 2007
Dude I've loving this show! So many deaths in only 2 eps XD. Did anyone else think of the FF7 Turks when seeing the main fights?
Oct 15, 2008 2:41 AM
Sep 2008
Awesome episode, and only one member of the new team got killed.

Liked how that girl in the wheel-chair got them to agree to share information.
and that guy asking why they didn't have a siren.
Oct 15, 2008 4:27 AM

May 2008
If a point to this show eventually develops then maybe I'll come back, but for now dropped. I mean really, was the first episode even necessary? You could've changed a few things in this episode up and it would've been a good first episode, but instead this felt like we were back to square one outside of knowing "hey, there are supernatural beings running around killing people and causing havoc!"
Oct 15, 2008 4:35 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
Dude I've loving this show! So many deaths in only 2 eps XD. Did anyone else think of the FF7 Turks when seeing the main fights?
LOL yeah kind of remind me of that one.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 15, 2008 4:44 AM

Feb 2008
I feel kind of disappointed of this anime, hear this was a presequel. The anime have a lot of action and of course worth to watch.
Do you really think it easy to killed her sister?
Why are you guys hating Yomi?
She wasn't like that before she was human that what I think. That's still Unknown if Kagura is dead.
How come she isn't died on that explosion? That becuase she isn't human
BlackbirdOct 15, 2008 5:02 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 15, 2008 5:18 AM

Jan 2008
If this really is based on before the manga then....

I'm kinda disappointed in the anime but... not in the story, but rather the artwork, i prefer Manga Kagura over Anime Kagura a lot more...

Well, hopefully they connect to the manga soon... i want Kensuke with Steam Iron >:O

As for many questions like "Why didnt Yomi die?", i could answer that too but then it'd be too much of a spoiler. IF you really want to know, i recommend reading Ch8 of the Manga, its a bit different, but you can see the similarities.
PaulOct 15, 2008 5:22 AM
Oct 15, 2008 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
Cliche-ridden nightmare with abyssmal dialogue lines...I give it one more ep before dropping.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 15, 2008 7:15 AM

May 2008
Really I am going to cal this the WTF show.

Awesome as the last episode and confusing as the last episode
Oct 15, 2008 7:59 AM

Dec 2006
Argh!! We should have Yomi killed off soon but

would be unlikely since her beast has the name of the anime... >=/

First Natsuki... Now, Kagura!?!?? Why!? Why!?

The creator kills off the characters so easily and

I'm not sure I'm finally looking at the main cast now... ?

We also get an ED theme but no Ep 03 preview =(
Overall, Ga-Rei provides GREAT suspense that I'm itching to see.

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Oct 15, 2008 9:10 AM

Feb 2008
who are the main characters? didn't get to see the casts in the previous episode at all...are the mains going to be norichan, kagura and yomi now? i think the main guy from the 1st episode didn't die did he? getting confused....the girls look really cool with their long katanas though...

Oct 15, 2008 11:01 AM

Oct 2007
Am thinking Yomi is the main character.
This is just so weird, they introduce a group of likable characters
into the anime, just so they can kill em right off.
Oct 15, 2008 12:06 PM

Sep 2007
Best Anime this season so far, looking forward to more

Oct 15, 2008 12:18 PM
Oct 2008
It's good, but I'm fucking pissed off that they killed off nearly everyone we saw in the first episode, and killing more in the second. At this rate, every damn person will be dead before the series ends.
Oct 15, 2008 1:41 PM

May 2007
this is so messed up.......the second ep isn't any better than the first one
it's like they bring in one group of main characters and just when im getting used to them, they're killed off
then they bring in a second batch and when im finally over the fact that the first grp of characters were killed off, kagura (whom i thought was the new main) is killed off?
wtf.......this is starting to piss me off (like most ppl are here)
so is the bitch of the series, yomi, supposed to be the main character now??cause then im not gunna watch this anymore
Oct 15, 2008 1:51 PM

Jul 2007
I can't find a sub episode for 2 anywhere :|
Oct 15, 2008 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
I feel like there is an entire story to be told that happens before the first episode that properly sets up characters and relationships. With this show we're just dropped into a situation and asked to care about these people...and then the get killed, and then care about some more people, and then care about this girl who was with these other people who is apparently dead or something...wtf?
Oct 15, 2008 2:21 PM

Feb 2008
Of course, we all want the manga. I'm prefer the manga. ^^

Paul said:
If this really is based on before the manga then....

I'm kinda disappointed in the anime but... not in the story, but rather the artwork, i prefer Manga Kagura over Anime Kagura a lot more...

Well, hopefully they connect to the manga soon... i want Kensuke with Steam Iron >:O

As for many questions like "Why didnt Yomi die?", i could answer that too but then it'd be too much of a spoiler. IF you really want to know, i recommend reading Ch8 of the Manga, its a bit different, but you can see the similarities.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.