Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 8, 2008 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yes, the flashbacks finally caught up to the end of ep 2! And luckily they didn't leave us with the same cliffhanger there but with appearance of Kagura's father. Are we going to see a Ranguren vs. Biakyou(?) fight next episode?

This episode leaves some questions behind:
It seemed like Yomi acted parallel between the main fighting scene, Noriyuki and Kagura - how did she do that or how could she move so fast to them then?
Kazuki is dead (lots of gore there), but what happened to Noriyuki?
Dec 8, 2008 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
In this episode these feelings I had: chaos mixed with anger/tears/unjust/from liking Yomi to hating her like in episode1 and 2.

A little bad that they used some same scenes of #2 but it [was overall well executed. They tell us what happens from the moment they (Kagura and Noriyuki) enter that tunnel and what terrible and dreadful things await them there.

T_T Sakuraba, damn it. Yomi now is seriously hated for doing that to Sakuraba. Of all the characters I found he had the coolest device to kill demons (#23 Tomioka [I think]). T_T I will miss him. He had some good things about his character mainly some reactions and jokes he made. Kazuki Sakuraba you will be missed by some viewers of this show and R.I.P.

Other than that the episode made me rethink of all that happened in episode #2. So I take it that Noriyuki is not dead since we did not see Yomi kill him. Also the censors are present so I will have screen shots (those that were censored in this episode) of the uncensored version with a link to the episode once it comes out. That is because I find it stupid censoring stuff for mature people anyways as a way of saying buy the DVD

Kagura will be saved! Her father will eat Yomi with his Byakuei! Want to see #11 now.

1.R.I.P. Kazuki Sakuraba, I will miss you as a character from this series. :(
2.Yomi VS Byakuei.This is the battle we are waiting all who watch this!

Yomi Isayama.

VS
Kagura's Father
slayer545-samaDec 8, 2008 12:00 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 10, 2008 4:58 PM

Aug 2008
Yes, we're finally catching up! So this answers the stuff back in episode 2 or 3... and I'm glad to know that Kagura isn't actually dead, lol.

As for Kazuki... poor guy, tortured to death :<
Noriyuki was such a wuss that I wanted to punch him. Honestly, he's suppose to have skills? All he did was stood there like a wimp, he didn't even try to stop Yomi. I mean, you can blather all you want about not wanting to hurt someone you love, but not even trying to stop them from doing all those things? What a pathetic loser. Noriyuki is now officially the person I hate most from this series.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 10, 2008 5:08 PM

Nov 2008
guyklc said:
Yes, we're finally catching up! So this answers the stuff back in episode 2 or 3... and I'm glad to know that Kagura isn't actually dead, lol.

As for Kazuki... poor guy, tortured to death :<
Noriyuki was such a wuss that I wanted to punch him. Honestly, he's suppose to have skills? All he did was stood there like a wimp, he didn't even try to stop Yomi. I mean, you can blather all you want about not wanting to hurt someone you love, but not even trying to stop them from doing all those things? What a pathetic loser. Noriyuki is now officially the person I hate most from this series.

I cannot really hate Noriyuki but would gladly lend you another hand to punch him! He needs a kick in the ass and do something after that and did Yomi really leave him alive? Cause after they skip a little to the part where the ferret dies somehow. Why? In between all that it could have happened.
Dec 18, 2008 12:24 AM

Aug 2007
Yomi makes such a wonderful antagonist, though the Yuri moments will be sorely missed. To think that everything could have been prevented if they acted sooner...

Oh well, Byakuei versus Ranguren! Should be a rather epic spirit beast fight, though it should already be a given as to who will lose that fight...
Dec 18, 2008 1:26 AM
Mar 2008
Why would you want to kill Yomi, she's wearing a pony tail! Still Noriyuki sucks for lettin that dude get sliced to bits slowly. Seems like Yomi is tryin hard to fight against to stone. Awesome fight next episode hopefully, wonder if Kagura gets her stone soon.
Dec 18, 2008 1:33 AM

Jun 2008
Finally we understand what really happened in episode 2.

Next episode gonna be a great one.
Dec 18, 2008 3:24 AM

Nov 2008
kie_ said:
Finally we understand what really happened in episode 2.

Next episode gonna be a great one.

You can bet your life that the next one will be amazing and that's all I am saying since I watch RAWs.
Dec 18, 2008 3:53 AM

Oct 2007
Did i see tears from Yomi when she was slicing up Sakuraba?
I honestly think Yomi deserves to slick em all up for being such dumasses!
Now we'l have to see how Yomi's sad live is ended in the next 2 episodes.

They should animate the manga after this.
Dec 18, 2008 4:30 AM

Oct 2007
Wow what a waste of an episode. They spend the first half trying to show how Noriyuki is not a coward then 5 minutes later showing how he is. I can understand maybe not killing her but how about trying to stop Yomi from killing your best friend after he is stabbed in the nut sack. He just stands there and watches and after she is done you just let her walk away, Yomi was right he is a coward. Although they did use a touch too many scenes from ep 2 and 3, they did show different perspectives. I am curious how they are going forward from here.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 18, 2008 7:32 AM

Mar 2008
i assume the juicy flashback story's gonna be pretty much absent in the next episode.. what a shame. i mean sure, the epic spirit beast battle's probably gonna be sweet, but i enjoyed the complex relationships far mroe than the action i've seen in ga-rei so far.

@jarmel: yea i totally agree with you. nobody's telling noriyuki to kill yomi (she won't let you get even close anyway), but at least do something to save poor suitcase guy.. as you said, he's pure bystander.

about yomi trying hard to fight the stone, i can't realli see it, or did i miss something? she seems to be drowning in her own misguided hatred. seriously, the way the death stone amplifies your emotions is crazy; who hasn't felt at least some form of anger towards even your close friends? but nobody actually acts on these feelings because they're just transient.

butterfly guy's got a whole load of shit to answer for.

Dec 18, 2008 10:14 AM

Jul 2008
I'm pretty much sure that Kagura's father will die and give Byakurei to Kagura, after that we will have Noriyuki who finnaly chose to at least stop Yomi.

After that there will be a fight with Kagura and Noriyuki vs Yomi

Will they save her? I wonder... I don't even know if buterfly dude will die, he seem to keep his distance and is really powerfull to be able to speedblitz Yomi like he've done it. Fact is that there's only 2 episode yet, maybe a season 2 to kill butterfly dude after this one

Anyway that's just my prediction, good episode overall

Edit: Yomi is trying to fight the stone, she was crying when she killed the other guy, she wanted Noriyuki to stop her.
Dec 18, 2008 10:23 AM

Oct 2008
wow flashbacks were quite annoying since it took up most of the episode but i guess its pretty relevant

thoughts:
hmm flashbacks.. it all fits now rofl
i guess the orange jumpsuits from ep1 had NOTHING to do with the story
LEFT 4 DEAD!!!!
what a bitch
what a pussy
ok shes not a bitch since she was crying for him
what a bad way to die
i dont get why shes mad at kugura, doesnt the stone feed off hate?
finally some action.. wait thats it?
god wheres ep11 subs

hopefully theres a season 2 since this is b4 the manga right?
Dec 18, 2008 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
nice episode.
everything connects now.

but more than that i want to have the connection between yomi and that guy from the first squad she annihilated.
Dec 18, 2008 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
yea kanze had some flash back or something involving yomi, or that butterfly kid.
Dec 18, 2008 12:06 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode.

Wasn't a second season for this already confirmed earlier or something?

In any case, the first couple of episodes make sense now.

And I'm sure that the shock and whatever made it tough on Noriyuki, but hey, we can still rage at him for not doing anything.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 18, 2008 12:09 PM
Jun 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
Good episode.
Wasn't a second season for this already confirmed earlier or something?

I sure hope so. Any more info on that?
Dec 18, 2008 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
wow awesome episode, can't wait for the last 2.. although there's probably nothing to avoid a sad ending now :(

GRZ will always be Yomi x Kagura to me.
Dec 18, 2008 3:09 PM
Apr 2008
so far the best ep ever!
Dec 18, 2008 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
I don't think I've ever felt this way before about an anime.

I hate Yomi so much, and yet I don't. I don't know how to describe it.

I knew it was going to happen but I guess I just couldn't prepare myself. :|
Dec 18, 2008 4:01 PM

Nov 2007
All the pieces to the missing puzzle have been placed :3! So now we finally return to where episode 2 left off which makes me wonder if there was an actual purpose to the first episode =/
Dec 18, 2008 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode, and the series looks like it will stay good. But I'm still wondering why Yomi doesn't want Kagura to call her Onee-san and why Kagura feels she betrayed Yomi.
Dec 18, 2008 6:04 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok, so Kagura's father's Ga-rei versus Yomi's Nue/Rangurren.....

Of course Kagura is not dead! Or else what will happen to the storyline in the manga? But the problem is, what about the characters killed off in the first episode? Was that just random fodder to keep the audience interested?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 18, 2008 6:07 PM

Mar 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
Great episode, and the series looks like it will stay good. But I'm still wondering why Yomi doesn't want Kagura to call her Onee-san and why Kagura feels she betrayed Yomi.

When kagura ran off with that stunned look on her face, yomi thought that her best friend could not accept her, and was kinda let down by kagura. then the butterfly kid had to come along and start feeding poison into yomi's mind, and amplified her hatred for mei into "i hate everybody who ever wronged me in the slightest"

A pity that kagura could not get back to yomi in time to explain herself, so the last contact between the two of them was that of kagura apparently seeing yomi as a monster.

Dec 18, 2008 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:

Of course Kagura is not dead! Or else what will happen to the storyline in the manga? But the problem is, what about the characters killed off in the first episode? Was that just random fodder to keep the audience interested?

i'm guessing they were just random gore machines, with the exception of kanze who seems to know yomi from before.

Dec 18, 2008 7:06 PM

Jul 2008
Damn this series is good at cliffhangers.
Dec 18, 2008 9:08 PM
Dec 2007
tanjx said:
wakka9ca said:

i'm guessing they were just random gore machines, with the exception of kanze who seems to know yomi from before.
They were mainly there to emphasize the point that the little kid stole the death stone under japan's noses, so the government created special forces to combat spirits like him. I feel like they wanted to explain more but they didn't... they could try to fit it into future plots, or they will probably just drop them altogether and never remember them.

And for people who don't seem to notice, yes, Yomi is trying to fight the stone. You can see how hard she tried to get Noriyuki to act. It could be argued she was just screwing with his head, but she wouldn't have cried if that was her only intention.

And I like how they made it seem like she killed Noriyuki back in episode 2 when in fact she never said she killed him, but rather referred to him standing by and letting Kazuki die.

I can safely say this was quite the interesting prequel. I'll be looking forward to seeing the actual manga series adaptation if and when they animate it.

Dec 19, 2008 12:25 PM

Feb 2008
Excellent episode, as usual. Yomi is truly a great character and this show is the surprise hit of the season for me. I'm hoping for a pure yuri spin-off called Ga-rei ero, that would be almost as much win as this.

Defiance said:
Damn this series is good at cliffhangers.
Yeah, finally a show with actual cliffhangers and not just bullshit cliffhangers that are never resolved or turn out to be extremely lame.
Dec 19, 2008 2:06 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode and went back to the beginning of the series to show why it happened
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2008 3:09 PM
Jun 2007
Evil Yomi is so delicious. I just love the condescending manner she speaks after she took the Death Stone.
Dec 19, 2008 10:06 PM
Sep 2008
Good or Evil. Yomi is delicious. >:3
Dec 20, 2008 9:31 PM

Jun 2007
Jarmel said:
Wow what a waste of an episode. They spend the first half trying to show how Noriyuki is not a coward then 5 minutes later showing how he is. I can understand maybe not killing her but how about trying to stop Yomi from killing your best friend after he is stabbed in the nut sack. He just stands there and watches and after she is done you just let her walk away, Yomi was right he is a coward. Although they did use a touch too many scenes from ep 2 and 3, they did show different perspectives. I am curious how they are going forward from here.

It wasn't that he was a coward at all. He just had no idea how to act in that situation. Imagen seeing your g/f ,a master swords women with a huge monster, who's turned into something you both hated, killing your friend. How would you act to that? You'd probably shit your dipe like a little baby.

On one hand you could try and stop her but you would risk losing her forever if you killed her or you might die along with your friend since she's obviously stronger.

On the other hand you lose a friend but you have a slight chance that no one dies since you think you know her true personally. He was basically stuck trying o figure out what to do. I don't think anyone in his position would be able to think rationally or make a good decision. It's literally like having someone point a gun at you and ask basic questions really fast. If you cant answer them fast enough they shoot one of your limbs.
Dec 20, 2008 10:06 PM

Aug 2008
Intense.

slayer545-sama said:
guyklc said:
I cannot really hate Noriyuki but would gladly lend you another hand to punch him!
Fsking morons. I was gonna rant, but DeathfireD did it for me.

Crimsonwill said:
All the pieces to the missing puzzle have been placed :3!
No, we're still missing two: what exactly is the Butterfly Kid's past, and what exactly Touru's past is. By the way, why does everyone still call him Butterfly Kid? He's got a name...
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 21, 2008 7:38 AM
Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:

Crimsonwill said:
All the pieces to the missing puzzle have been placed :3!
No, we're still missing two: what exactly is the Butterfly Kid's past, and what exactly Touru's past is. By the way, why does everyone still call him Butterfly Kid? He's got a name...
Maybe because we are used to it. Besides, I don't even remember when anyone mentioned his name, everyone always says "Level A" dude or "Unique Point" when they are searching for him. By the way some spoilerific dudes where going about it, it seems like just as predicted he will live on and his past will be touched in the official Ga-Rei story, since this is just one hell of an awesome prequel.

Actually, if they just leave this series like this and expect us to just go and pick up the manga, I'm gonna be pissed. Not because I'd hate the idea of reading the manga, on the contrary, but I just hate it when anime are just shameless plugs to hype the original work. It's this way of viewing the anime medium that has resulted in so many incomplete seasons and OVA's that hardly explain things. Would it kill them to treat anime as something besides glorified advertisement.

Sorry about that, I'll end my rant there.

Dec 21, 2008 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Actually, if they just leave this series like this and expect us to just go and pick up the manga, I'm gonna be pissed. Not because I'd hate the idea of reading the manga, on the contrary, but I just hate it when anime are just shameless plugs to hype the original work. It's this way of viewing the anime medium that has resulted in so many incomplete seasons and OVA's that hardly explain things. Would it kill them to treat anime as something besides glorified advertisement.
Eh, well they did a hell of a good job plugging it. I'm going to read the manga after this is finished, unless they anounce an anime adaption.

Dec 21, 2008 3:34 PM
Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Eh, well they did a hell of a good job plugging it. I'm going to read the manga after this is finished, unless they anounce an anime adaption.
Oh believe me, I'll check it out too. This series looks promising. I just really think that if you open a door, you should close it. Open endings are fine, but you need a hint of a resolution somewhere, otherwise it just looks lazy.

Dec 22, 2008 2:38 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:

It wasn't that he was a coward at all. He just had no idea how to act in that situation. Imagen seeing your g/f ,a master swords women with a huge monster, who's turned into something you both hated, killing your friend. How would you act to that? You'd probably shit your dipe like a little baby.

On one hand you could try and stop her but you would risk losing her forever if you killed her or you might die along with your friend since she's obviously stronger.

On the other hand you lose a friend but you have a slight chance that no one dies since you think you know her true personally. He was basically stuck trying o figure out what to do. I don't think anyone in his position would be able to think rationally or make a good decision. It's literally like having someone point a gun at you and ask basic questions really fast. If you cant answer them fast enough they shoot one of your limbs.

I think all bets were on when his friend got stabbed in the balls. He didn't even have to kill her just stop her or try to get the monster away from his friend. He did not attempt anything. In fact it seemed that she wanted to die therefore might have let him get the killing blow on her.
Even after she killed him, he just let her walk away and did not even show any emotions such as rage.

So either he was a coward by not acting or too stupid to run away.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 22, 2008 4:44 AM

Aug 2008
Jarmel said:
Or he was just too shocked to think rationally.

Dec 22, 2008 12:18 PM
Jun 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Jarmel said:
Or he was just too shocked to think rationally.

Exactly.

Or....another plausible scenario is Noriyuki was already in his breaking point while Yomi (delicious, delicious Yomi) was killing Kazuki slowly. He did try to clear her name despite the overwhelming evidence against her. He was contemplating on what his feelings for her after the entire incident. He was trying to do everything for her, and a possible future with her. all of that, unfortunately, just shattered in a snap when he saw a drastically different Yomi in front of him. I wasn't really surprised that his feet were glued to the floor.
Dec 22, 2008 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
gc said:

I know what you mean, Yomi's character has touched me in a way that no other anime character has. I can't wait to see how it ends.

If it ends, I mean. There's probably gonna be a season 2 AT LEAST, even if it's just an adaptation of the manga (which I plan to read after this series).

Dec 22, 2008 6:44 PM

Sep 2007
Well, that was intense.
Dec 23, 2008 3:56 AM

Mar 2008
WOOT Kagura didn't die ;_; I was so happy when I finally saw that scene xD This is going to be a Epic battle, or close to one if another epic battle arises from the next episodes. I think Yomi left Noriyuki to suffer >_<
Dec 23, 2008 3:58 AM

Mar 2008
MiKu214 said:
gc said:

I know what you mean, Yomi's character has touched me in a way that no other anime character has. I can't wait to see how it ends.

If it ends, I mean. There's probably gonna be a season 2 AT LEAST, even if it's just an adaptation of the manga (which I plan to read after this series).

Same here, I get a mixture of emotions when I see Yomi being herself and (Not) being herself >_< and I am going to read the manga after too, this anime really got me hyped =D
Dec 25, 2008 7:18 AM

Jan 2008
Love this ep. The scenes from before. Was it from ep 2?

I want that Pocky chocolate sticks too.
Dec 25, 2008 8:50 AM
Dec 2007
Lieila said:
Love this ep. The scenes from before. Was it from ep 2?

I want that Pocky chocolate sticks too.
Yep, Episode 2. Yomi went berserk for the first 2 episodes then the series went back in time from episode 3 onwards.

Dec 25, 2008 9:09 PM

Apr 2007
god, noriyuki is such a fag.

just kill her already. :3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 26, 2008 8:51 PM

Apr 2008
nihil said:

Yeah, he is -.-
Dec 26, 2008 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
That was f*cked up! I don't know where to direct my feelings. Yomi has been beaten and manipulated so much that she's twisted beyond recognition. But its hard for me to sympathize w/ Noriyuki. An intense, INTENSE scene.
Dec 27, 2008 4:23 PM

Sep 2007
nihil said:

In his defense though, Kagura did say something like "If you find Yomi, will you fight her?" So Noriyuki wanted to save Kagura's sister by any means possible, even if it meant sacrificing another life. Then again, he was given the order to kill Yomi, so he should've just followed the mission.

Dec 28, 2008 3:22 AM

Jan 2008
Someone, save Yomi please > <
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.