Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 30, 2012 1:57 AM

Aug 2009
Epic episode.

Boob grab might have ruined the mood in battle, but Yoshimoto getting killed would have ruined the whole "refreshing" feeling I get every time I watch this series. And Sagara is right, such a cutie getting killed is a waste! Many may disagree here but in my opinion (although I do have some mixed feelings about it), it might have been best to end the battle with a punch line rather than a serious death.

Goemon is Sagara's servant and should be part of his harem. Those guys better not interfere too much during Goemon's fan services because Sagara should deserve to hug Goemon all he wants. And lol, he doesn't see Goemon as a real ninja!

Lol, I'm kinda jealous of Nobusumi.

I believe Sagara is being too reliant on his knowledge about the history. Once history changes completely, he won't be able to make use of his knowledge. He should also try to use his skills from other similar games just like he did in episode 2 more often.
Jul 30, 2012 1:58 AM
May 2012
yeah epic fondling scene!!!!
Jul 30, 2012 2:12 AM

Mar 2011
Exellent episode.
Jul 30, 2012 2:35 AM

Dec 2009
( ゚∀゚)o彡゚おっぱい!おっぱい!
Jul 30, 2012 6:43 AM

Jan 2011
I think you guys should be gay...
The whole episode was great, and the last scene was epic.
If you don't want to see that scenes, go back to seinen animes ;p

also who in the world dislike grabing-boobs? faith in humanity destroyed

BTW: Epic episode 5/5
AzuenJul 30, 2012 6:49 AM
[size=200]Osu!
[/size]
Jul 30, 2012 7:19 AM

Aug 2007
Yvese said:
iLostReason said:

If it made it better for you, then i guess you don't enjoy this anime like you should.
How should I enjoy it then? I love everything about this anime so far. Is that the wrong way to enjoy it? Am I supposed to be critical of everything? To me, the boob grab was a bonus to everything else in this ep.

Considering how attractive the girls in this anime are ( And the fact that the historical figures are female ), boob grabs were inevitable. You can almost always expect boob grabs in comedy anime that involve attractive chicks with sizable busts. It's just a gag waiting to happen.

Could it have been done in a different scene? Sure, but that boob grab set the punchline for the final scene with Sagara's 'reward'. It is a comedy anime afterall. It seems some of you are forgetting this and are setting yourselves up for disappointment by setting the anime to a more serious tone.

Pff, now you're the one criticizing them for the way they want to enjoy this anime >.>;

tapanda said:
The more I see of this, the more ready I am to see the next episode. Though... Saru is a bit of a lost cause. Don't know what Nobuna sees in him at this point... really don't know why she likes him at all.

Unlike every other male character ever he is not a wimp and he is actually decently smart and knows his own bounds. And he shares her dream; wanting to fulfill it. That last part is reason enough alone to love another person, if you're the ambitious /dreamy kind of person.
Jul 30, 2012 7:22 AM

Jun 2009
Man, he got a full feel on those Katsuies. Delicious reward for Saru.
Jul 30, 2012 7:28 AM

Jul 2011
Akiyama said:
( ゚∀゚)o彡゚おっぱい!おっぱい!

haha thx for this<3
Jul 30, 2012 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
lol guys, if you think Oda Nobuna has "too much fanservice and kills the action", go watch HOTD. That's a example right there. Oda Nobuna is not overkilling the fan service, and the fan service is a good mix in with the anime, gives it nice comedic relief.

Also, who doesn't like fan service? You're all either girls or gay lol.
Jul 30, 2012 9:03 AM
Mar 2012
Awesome episode, but the ending was frustrating (after the victory).

Not that it wasn't funny, it's just that I would like it more if they had shown some progress between Oda and the MC instead of some missunderstanding in a ZnT style... =\
anyways, 5\5.
Jul 30, 2012 9:12 AM

May 2010
funny episde, took the chance to cop a feel haha
Jul 30, 2012 9:31 AM

Nov 2009
ICEheaven102 said:
lol guys, if you think Oda Nobuna has "too much fanservice and kills the action", go watch HOTD. That's a example right there. Oda Nobuna is not overkilling the fan service, and the fan service is a good mix in with the anime, gives it nice comedic relief.

Also, who doesn't like fan service? You're all either girls or gay lol.

true, fanservices in Oda Nobuna can be considered as a little when comparing to other show nowadays, and believe me, I've watched enough anime to say so, every anime tends to have some sort of fanservice, but to the amount which ruins the show isn't in this case.
Jul 30, 2012 11:16 AM

Jan 2011
TheLlama said:

Unlike every other male character ever he is not a wimp and he is actually decently smart and knows his own bounds. And he shares her dream; wanting to fulfill it. That last part is reason enough alone to love another person, if you're the ambitious /dreamy kind of person.

No, he kinda doesn't know his own bounds. He gets into a lot of problems from acting irrational at times. He has good intentions, but goes about some things the wrong way, and has been criticized about it from Oda on multiple occasions. He's not a wimp, but a little reckless.
Jul 30, 2012 11:19 AM

Dec 2011
Vforvendetta said:

fanservices in Oda Nobuna can be considered as a little when comparing to other show nowadays, and believe me, I've watched enough anime to say so, every anime tends to have some sort of fanservice, but to the amount which ruins the show isn't in this case.

This. surprisingly for a show like this one there has been hardly any fanservice (thank god), and when there is it isn't blown too much out of proportion.

Definitely one of the better, if not best harem series this summer~ Only 4 episodes in and its progressing well. The comedy seriousness and action of it all are mixed in splendidly ;)
Jul 30, 2012 11:32 AM

Feb 2012
TheLlama said:

Pff, now you're the one criticizing them for the way they want to enjoy this anime >.>;

Not really. I was just trying to make a point. This anime is also a comedy which some are forgetting. Comedies with cute chicks and some with sizable busts are pretty much asking for some fanservice gags. Viewing the anime with more of a 100% serious tone is only setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't keep in mind the genres of the show.

You can enjoy the anime how you want, but it's also best not to forget the genres the anime is listed as. It's kind of like being surprised and/or disgusted when you see gore or mass amounts of blood in a psychological horror/thriller; the genre pretty much hints at it. Comedies are the same and they can range from a wide variety of gags.
Jul 30, 2012 1:04 PM

Nov 2009
I still say that behind SAO for this season, this has to be the best anime going hands down that is airing.

I still love Nobuna, even when she is being stubborn about things she doesnt have to be. Goemon was adorable this episode as well. Also Hanzo is a badass, looking forward to seeing him again.
Jul 31, 2012 12:13 AM
Apr 2010
This show keeps getting better and better. Saru is such a likable main character, laughed for a bit when he saved Yoshimoto, and also when he first saw Nobusumi's babes. Wonder if anything bad will happen from letting Yoshimoto live... Looking forward to next week.
Jul 31, 2012 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse

awesome moves!

Jul 31, 2012 12:47 AM

May 2010
Oh thank Sagara for stopping Katsuie like a BAWS in killing Yoshimoto,I agree with him is such a waste for killing a cute girl like her. I guess this is the only time I have respect for him

Jul 31, 2012 2:00 AM

Jan 2010
Mediocre. The fighting was pretty lame — it might as well be Dog Days considering how silly it is. I guess that's not the point of the show however. At least there was some forward progress and Saitou managed to get Sagara's head out of his ass for part of the episode.

Can't say that I care more about any of the characters after this episode than beforehand. Too much time was spent on the MC. Maybe with the Imagawa out of the way, they'll stop hiding and go do something.
Jul 31, 2012 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
Another great ep

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 31, 2012 4:12 AM

Sep 2010
haremy end wasnt really in my taste but still a good episode, hope it goes less into harem direction and more into what it was before though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2012 4:36 AM

Aug 2010
matias067 said:
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse

awesome moves!
I hope we can see more of this. I actually re-winded the part three times just to see it clearer.

Leonard93 said:
haremy end wasnt really in my taste but still a good episode, hope it goes less into harem direction and more into what it was before though.
Nah, I don't think it's going in a haremish way. It's just the way the MC thinks. At least he has some balls, lol xD

Aaand... I liked the episode. Still bested only by SAO this season imo. Makes me wanna live in the female Sengoku Jidai really...
Jul 31, 2012 5:00 AM

Aug 2009
I'm getting tired of people complaining about this anime being harem or giving fan service. You guys might have seen this anime to have potential and are complaining because you think that harem and fan service are just going to drag this anime down. However, that shouldn't be the case at all.

Indeed, it's tiring to watch anime that are filled with nothing but fan service. Most anime even center on harem, moe, ecchi, etc. and intentionally make those factors upstage the story itself, which is usually a bad thing in my opinion.

But like I said before, it's not the case for this series. Harem and fan service don't upstage the story at all. In fact, it supports a lot of character development while the story progresses smoothly.

As I've said in my previous post, many people might have wanted this to be a more serious anime. However, taking away the comedic parts of this series is definitely a minus. Many Seinen anime have a problem of being too dull because they make it too serious that they don't even consider putting some sort of breather in them. Every anime needs a breather, otherwise it'll be too exhausting to watch even if the quality of the story is high. Don't get me wrong, I'm also a fan of Seinen, it's just a problem I often see in most of them.

Mockman said:
Too much time was spent on the MC.
Isn't that how it should to be?

In my opinion, Oda Nobuna no Yabou is one of the best new animes this season. Although it's still not on the level of SAO and Kingdom.
VerneJulesJul 31, 2012 5:05 AM
Jul 31, 2012 5:43 AM

Jul 2010
Monkey was very useful this episode. A was pretty surprised about how easy Nobuna took him back. Awesome fights scenes near the end too. The rain made for a very interesting setting.

The way he stopped Katsuie from killing her was genius, haha. Can't say there's too much fan service, just a little here and there is nothing compared to other series.

Jul 31, 2012 5:46 AM

Nov 2010
The modern Atsumori was quite cool.

De aru ka. (I see.)
---
"Human life only lasts fifty twenty years;
it's just a slumber of the gods of the lower grade
and it's mortal for me."
(well then, let's start the war.)
Jul 31, 2012 5:48 AM

Aug 2010
This show would be a lot better without the superficial breast-groping and female on male violence scenes. Also, the creators might be intending to show the conflicting sides of being a girl and an ambitious ruler at the same time, but the portrayal is just jarring. Sulking all day long in your room? Meh, 3/5.
Jul 31, 2012 6:22 AM

Aug 2009
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse
Epic scene. But the hell? She's supposed to be a strategist, right? Why is she fighting in the front line wearing a yukata instead of an armor?
Jul 31, 2012 6:39 AM

Sep 2010
Nah, I don't think it's going in a haremish way. It's just the way the MC thinks. At least he has some balls, lol xD

its also a way of avoiding bloody deaths i guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2012 6:43 AM

Aug 2008
VerneJules said:
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse
Epic scene. But the hell? She's supposed to be a strategist, right? Why is she fighting in the front line wearing a yukata instead of an armor?
Cos it's always better like this. :3
Jul 31, 2012 7:17 AM

Aug 2007
Yvese said:
TheLlama said:

Not really. I was just trying to make a point. This anime is also a comedy which some are forgetting. Comedies with cute chicks and some with sizable busts are pretty much asking for some fanservice gags. Viewing the anime with more of a 100% serious tone is only setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't keep in mind the genres of the show.

You can enjoy the anime how you want, but it's also best not to forget the genres the anime is listed as. It's kind of like being surprised and/or disgusted when you see gore or mass amounts of blood in a psychological horror/thriller; the genre pretty much hints at it. Comedies are the same and they can range from a wide variety of gags.

Genres are very loose borders. A show defined as 'comedy' can still be very serious, and some types of comedy are more mature/'serious' than others. It isn't too much to want to see the humor at more appropriate times, or less of it.

Personally I don't mind the boob grab at all, just wish they'd placed it at a different point. It can still be a comedy without ruining epic action scenes with comedic relief 8D
Jul 31, 2012 8:01 AM

Jun 2010
I must say, Madhouse is really doing a great job here.
Jul 31, 2012 8:03 AM
Jan 2011
Oh man, I didn't see the monkey fondling Katsie's breast.
Jul 31, 2012 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, I gotta hand it to this anime. These usually suck huge donkey balls, annoying the piss shit out of me and all fanservice, but this one is pleasantly fun to watch and the main character isn't a diptard.
Jul 31, 2012 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
VerneJules said:
I'm getting tired of people complaining about this anime being harem or giving fan service. You guys might have seen this anime to have potential and are complaining because you think that harem and fan service are just going to drag this anime down. However, that shouldn't be the case at all.

Indeed, it's tiring to watch anime that are filled with nothing but fan service. Most anime even center on harem, moe, ecchi, etc. and intentionally make those factors upstage the story itself, which is usually a bad thing in my opinion.

But like I said before, it's not the case for this series. Harem and fan service don't upstage the story at all. In fact, it supports a lot of character development while the story progresses smoothly.

As I've said in my previous post, many people might have wanted this to be a more serious anime. However, taking away the comedic parts of this series is definitely a minus. Many Seinen anime have a problem of being too dull because they make it too serious that they don't even consider putting some sort of breather in them. Every anime needs a breather, otherwise it'll be too exhausting to watch even if the quality of the story is high. Don't get me wrong, I'm also a fan of Seinen, it's just a problem I often see in most of them.

ALL of this. Haters gonna hate bro.
Aug 1, 2012 12:26 AM
Jan 2011
So many hypocrites here. Is there really a need to whine about boobs and harem when it does not upstage the story, as VerneJules mentioned. What are all of you trying to proof here? "I am a good boy" " I am a pure person" "I am not a pervert" "I am a serious person" Oh please, just as how some tropes in a harem anime are overused, your whines are the same as well. Why try so hard to proof that the bulk of you are saint when in real life you'll definitely talk with your buddies about the girls and their bees. Unless you're gay or a 'lonely boy', that's a different story altogether
Aug 1, 2012 12:38 AM
Jan 2011
If you think about it, Saru grabbing Katsuie's breasts are legit. Why?

1) She's a knight/samurai type thus she would rather die than let her enemy live. Convincing her to let the enemy go by speech will take a hell lot of time

2) Her strength is inhumane. You expect a NORMAL boy like Saru to just grab and hold her spear in place while trying to rationalise with her? So much for trying to think seriously eh guys?

3) Time is of essence. Either they kill her or they make her surrender. Fast. Kastuie is obviously picking the former and Saru the latter.

The only way for Saru to stop her, a prideful knight, completely in record time was by doing so. Talking takes too much time and his method was by far the most effective and fastest. She could not even go against him nor have the chance to speak her views.

You hypocrites might say that this is weird yada yada yada. This is a conquest. It is not like now where you can capture people for information. The head of the enemy is already before you. Kill him or make him surrender and his region is yours. Those were the rules. Surrendering might backfire if he ever betray you thus killing was most effective in Katsuie's eyes.
Aug 1, 2012 7:15 AM
Mar 2010
For those two(three?) people who said 'you have to gay or a girl', yes, I am a girl. XD

regarding the breast thing, in one way I feel that's the only way to stop Katsuie....in another way, I feel that totally killed the moment....I'm torn between this.

Yes, for an ecchi lover that would have made it 'OMG 10x better!' but for a girl or someone who doesn't want fanserice, it would have made them cringe a bit.

It made me cringe a bit too, but, really people, this is NOTHING compared to the other harems we're getting this season.NOTHING. Don't get me wrong, enjoy your fan service, but having at least one anime with minimal fanservice is a blessing for a Japanese History anime fan like me.

Again, I'm torn between this, but bottom line, hey...its not like its like Hagure Yuusha(which for your information is a show I am enjoying right now due to the MC having some guts)...so count your blessings. XD

Minimal fanservice like this is better than the LOAD of stuff you get in most harem anime. lol.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 1, 2012 8:04 PM

Jul 2009
Beak said:

LOL. Rationalizing fan service is the way to go!
Aug 2, 2012 9:10 AM

Aug 2007
Beak said:
So many hypocrites here. Is there really a need to whine about boobs and harem when it does not upstage the story, as VerneJules mentioned. What are all of you trying to proof here? "I am a good boy" " I am a pure person" "I am not a pervert" "I am a serious person" Oh please, just as how some tropes in a harem anime are overused, your whines are the same as well. Why try so hard to proof that the bulk of you are saint when in real life you'll definitely talk with your buddies about the girls and their bees. Unless you're gay or a 'lonely boy', that's a different story altogether

...or we're just fucking tired of poor harem series and anime that relies overly much on fan service and we don't want this anime to go there (and why do you assume everyone here's a boy)?

That said I don't think this anime is doing anything wrong with regards to harem/fan service. It has a fair amount of it without letting it bog down the series.

I still think the boob grab could have been placed more appropriately though, but overall the episode was at least 4.7/5 (much in thanks to the Atsumori scene, that transcended every anime scene I've ever found to be exceptional)

ForgiveSins said:
Wow, I gotta hand it to this anime. These usually suck huge donkey balls, annoying the piss shit out of me and all fanservice, but this one is pleasantly fun to watch and the main character isn't a diptard.

Yess I so much agree. Mostly every harem anime has a male lead who sucks major balls, treat women like aliens and has a brain that makes a monkey seem like fucking Einstein. This, not so much.

VerneJules said:

Comedic relief is always good but many mature series actually have mature humor that doesn't rely on silly parodies and cheap fanservice.

I enjoy the humor in this one but I still sincerely hope it won't rely too much on fanserivce.
Aug 2, 2012 9:25 PM

Feb 2012
This thread has definitely made me chuckle at how a 5 second boob grab can end up as a 2-3 page argument.

TheLlama said:

...or we're just fucking tired of poor harem series and anime that relies overly much on fan service and we don't want this anime to go there (and why do you assume everyone here's a boy)?

That said I don't think this anime is doing anything wrong with regards to harem/fan service. It has a fair amount of it without letting it bog down the series.

I still think the boob grab could have been placed more appropriately though, but overall the episode was at least 4.7/5 (much in thanks to the Atsumori scene, that transcended every anime scene I've ever found to be exceptional)

Honestly you're overreacting to a 5 second boob grab scene. You act as if the anime will somehow make a 180 and place 10x more fanservice gags when that hasn't been the case so far. Heck, there wasn't even a fanservice scene in ep 3 that I remember, yet now in ep 4 with a 5 second boob grab it's become some huge controversy.

Also, the boob grab was placed appropriately. It's a comedy anime. It doesn't matter how much of it is comedy, it's still comedy. The boob grab scene set up the punchline for the end of the ep where Nobuna gives Sagara his "reward". Heck, this anime is also a romance so you could look at it from a romantic point of view and see it as Nobuna being jealous and angry, typical of tsunderes.

TheLlama said:

Comedic relief is always good but many mature series actually have mature humor that doesn't rely on silly parodies and cheap fanservice.

I enjoy the humor in this one but I still sincerely hope it won't rely too much on fanserivce.
Again, you're overreacting. A 5 second scene isn't going to suddenly change the direction of the anime into your standard Ecchi show.

TheLlama said:

Genres are very loose borders. A show defined as 'comedy' can still be very serious, and some types of comedy are more mature/'serious' than others. It isn't too much to want to see the humor at more appropriate times, or less of it.

Personally I don't mind the boob grab at all, just wish they'd placed it at a different point. It can still be a comedy without ruining epic action scenes with comedic relief 8D
It doesn't matter if a show listed as comedy can be serious or not. Fact of the matter is, a comedy is a comedy no matter how many gags are in it, and with this show having historical figures being female, it was pretty much setup to have fanservice gags here and there.

It just really boggles the mind how a 5 second scene could spark such a controversy in this thread. People that get annoyed at short, harmless fanservice scenes must take life too seriously ( seriously lighten up some of you ) or have low libido. I'm hoping for the latter. That, or you're a female which would be understandable in this case. I can understand not liking shows that are made with fanservice in mind ( Ecchi and Harems ), but a 5 second scene? Come on.
Aug 4, 2012 7:37 AM

Sep 2009
I'm much surprised that you hold good opinions of this anime.
I fear for your misunderstanding of Japanese history.
Aug 4, 2012 1:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
nifffy said:
As if we're watching it for the history lesson.
Aug 5, 2012 4:04 AM

Dec 2011
Cratex said:
nifffy said:
As if we're watching it for the history lesson.

Quite. Historical fiction can be great without sticking exactly to the historical events. It's created for enjoyment, not for educational purposes.

"It didn't actually happen like that" has been used as criticism for everything from Macbeth to Blackadder, and seems to assume that the work is somehow inferior on account of the writer modifying events, characters or even lines to make the story more entertaining for themselves and for the intended audience.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 7, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
Grabbed her boobs to stop her. Great. >.< Just too much fanservice I tell you.

Lol. And now the enemy is joining Saru's harem. Woopeee!! XD

Haha, at least it's not as bad as Campione! :P

(Watching fanservice when you're a girl is somewhat painful .__. Thanks, you perverted male viewers.)
fishergirl16Aug 7, 2012 1:00 PM
Aug 8, 2012 4:12 AM

Nov 2008
I wonder if we going to see an increase in the harem?
Aug 9, 2012 11:54 AM

Mar 2012
way to go tainter!
Aug 12, 2012 2:25 PM

May 2011
Katsuie is just so innocent and cute when it comes to stuff like this. And haha I like his reason for letting Yoshimoto live, seems like she's fallen a little for him too. Then seeing Nobuna jealous like that was great, I am loving the scenes between her and Saru.

Great ep.
Sep 6, 2012 6:18 PM

Jun 2010
So far, I am enjoying the anime and the harem. Also for me, Nobuna reminds me of Haruhi
Sep 28, 2012 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
What can I say, I'm hooked.

This reminds me of an old game I used to love and enjoy, Dynasty Warriors. xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM

» where is season 2 ??? ( 1 2 3 )

Californiaa - Aug 13, 2013

121 by Sillmeria »»
Sep 29, 2022 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.