Forum Settings
Forums
To Be Next to You
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2012 3:51 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WOAH, what an unexpected ending! Nina ended up choosing Miyake. o.o I guess the reason why she rejected Kyo's touch in the beginning was to indicate that he was special to her but not in the way where they could kiss. She understands that Kyo will forever have a special place in her heart, but it's due to the fact they have always been together. Anyhow, I'm happy with the pairing either way. :)

Another manga in which it has the rare ending of the second guy being the lover. <3
HEY!
Jul 28, 2012 11:21 AM

Jun 2008
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY XD the underdog won for the first time, bless you god!

Anyway, I believe Nina liked Kyou but in the middle of it ended up falling in love with Miyake.
I almost cried, seriously, i know the end was rushed, but still, Im just so happy that she choose Miyake *.* so cute that they went to different schools but mailed each other every morning~

And Miyake is just so cute~ I cant get enough of his teary face, his smiling face or his blushing face~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 15, 2013 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm, was that really the ending? I guess the cherry mood sort of concludes this but I didn't get too much of a feeling. It is nice to know who Nina chose in the end though.

That confession was a bit forced but expected imo. Otherwise, I think this manga is over after that graduation ceremony. Oh well, there's still 2 chapters left from which I assume would be one-shots; might give that a shot to see alternate stories.
Apr 15, 2013 10:25 PM

Dec 2010
Wah finally! I'm really glad she chose Miyake, I felt really sad for the both of them when they broke up.. I even liked how Kyou ended up pushing her towards him at the end.. I had been rooting for Kyou all along until I saw how Nina was falling in love with Miyake. This ending felt absolutely right and it'll be interesting to see what the last 2 chapters will be ~
Apr 16, 2013 9:22 PM

Dec 2011
YAAAAY~~ I am SO satisfied with this ending! It was clear from the last chapter that she'd definitely pick Miyake-kun, but I'm so happy with the way it all worked out. Miyake confessing that her smile was best when it was at him melted my heart. :3

Man, this has to be my favorite love triangle to date. I hated Kyou-kun for his actions, but at the same time I couldn't help liking him for all of his good intentions, and especially his kindness throughout the series. Miyake-kun was perfect. Nuff said. And Nina really is a heroine that I really like. Usually I get imemsly frustrated with love triangle heroines, but I like that she really made an effort to move one, she was honest with herself as much as she could be in a realistic way.. I like her. A++ for this one.
Apr 18, 2013 9:18 PM

Sep 2012
YES YES YES Miyaka yessssss~

I'm kind of confused though.. is this the last chapter? It says there are 40 chapters.. are there gonna be like 2 extra ones? I kinda hope so, because things seem a bit unfinished and rushed.

I don't even care though, I'm just so glad she got with Miyaka!! <3

Too bad it took like a year for these chapters to come out though...
Apr 26, 2013 2:36 AM

Aug 2010
I am happy that she's with Miyake! Though I kind of feel sad for Kyou as well! :( I really hope Kyou can find a new love and be happy as well!

The ending looked kinda rushed to me because it kinda feels as if I'm left hanging there.. Partly, I think, because Kyou is not with anyone (unlike other love triangles in manga where the other person is hinted to be with another girl/boy).

It's nice to have the girl end up with the 'other' guy (Miyake) though because some mangas tend to 'force' the heroine back to be together with the guy she liked in the first place.
Apr 29, 2013 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Nina chose Miyake! I'm so happy. Such an ending. The winner is the 'other guy'! XD Felt glad, really. Since almost of the manga have the same ending wherein the girl ends up with the first person they like~

Any manga with a similar plot like this?
Apr 30, 2013 4:47 AM

May 2010
I am sooooooooooooooo happy...Kyou was such a jerk in the beginning so I am really really glad she ended up with miyake..

I will give it a perfect 10/10 for that:)
Jun 16, 2013 5:57 PM

Apr 2011
It turns out that one of my secret pleasures is a very specific form of NTR. If a guy like Kyou acts like an indecisive idiot in the beginning, I don't mind at all if he is the only person without a happy ending. I'm so glad Nina fell in love with Miyake. He is such a better person.
Aug 7, 2013 2:29 AM

May 2008
Definitely something you don't see in most shoujo manga's. I'm so glad she ended up with Miyake.
Aug 9, 2013 12:00 AM

Jul 2011
I actually cried at the end. For the first time in my life a seemingly cliche manga succeeded my expectations. Because I am so used to the main guy ending up with the main girl, I didn't know how to react when Nina confessed her feelings for Miyake, so I just cried instead. Bittersweet, indeed. Bittersweet.
Sep 1, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so glad for this ending. :) So many times I find myself fuming at mangakas for dumping the underdog in a really stupid way. Nanba Atsuko really got it right. Even if Nina didn't end up with Miyake, I'd still be happy with the ending. Miyake left in a dignified way and if there was a bit of clearing up, he would have been a great defeated love rival, which is a compliment I raaaarely give.

But, from the moment I saw Miyake, I have been smitten with him. So I am so content with this ending. The umbrella scene at the school is probably my favorite of the whole manga. The way Miyake gets so happy that Nina waited for him is so beautiful, and my heart always clenches when he hugs her. Miyake is like, my dream guy. <3 I like his somewhat stalker-ish qualities, lol ! It gives him a lot of heart and personality.

I don't think Kyou-chan was a bad character either, though. He was perfect in his own way too, as a childhood friend. There were times when I was really rooting for him. However, I think that Nanba Atsuko didn't do the best job in concluding Kyousuke's and Yuiko's relationship, and Yuiko's and Kumegawa's relationship, for that matter (although it is implied that they make up). I know it was a kind of mysterious plot device, but it didn't settle right with me. I hope the extra chapters clarify it a bit.

And, since Kumegawa was kinda emotionally cold, isn't it a bad message that Yuiko makes up with him? Or, at least, that's how I see it as. ^-^;

Meh, I have some problems with Yuiko and Kumegawa, but I think our main love triangle played out really well. It wasn't unique, per se, but it did make me happy that the underdog won out. :) I alwaaays love manga like that, they're perfect.

And Miyake is so adorable! I love the way he hides when he blushes; it makes him too cute. I would be his girlfriend too if he was real. ^o^ His character design is also very beautiful, better than Kyou-chan, IMO. But, Kyou-chan has his sexy moments too, especially when he looks like a nicer Sasuke-kun. xD

I will never forget your blushes, Miyake-kuun~! <3
Sep 23, 2013 3:50 AM

Jun 2011
What about Asou?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 9, 2013 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Sugoii~ I really love Nanba Atsuko's works. Its pretty rare for shoujo manga to end up with the second guy.
I both like the two guys and whoever she ended up with, i will still love it.
Its just that it was unexpected so the impact is better. :D Hoho.

10/10. :)
Nov 7, 2013 7:49 PM

Oct 2011
I guess I'm not unsatisfied with the ending. In the early chapters I didn't imagine that she would end up with Miyake because all signs for set on Kyousuke but TnA doesn't have this special guy where I would get angry if she didn't end up with him. I'm fine with both of them and Miyake is a nice guy so the ending is good as well.
Mar 2, 2014 2:32 PM
Jan 2013
I root for the underdog most of the time in mangas like this but knowing that the MC will end up winning...but this wasnt the case!! MIYAKE! YES!!!
Aug 14, 2014 6:28 PM

Nov 2009
I hated this ending .. By kyousuke having a one-sided love .. it would have been better if he did not confess to Nina .. if Nina and miyake would return to each other and he would return to Yuiko ..

This ending irritated me ...
Oct 6, 2014 1:23 PM
Oct 2014
I actually have mixed feelings with this manga. I really thumbs up to the author for pulling me into the world and making me feel this roller coaster ride. Actually whoever Nina ends with, I will somehow end up with this sad feeling but it is realistic and its life. I guess I'm Kyou-biased even thought he is hated, but I know even he ends with Nina, I wouldn't be happy somehow.

Somehow I hated him with Yuiko at first.. but now I kind of wish he and her will start something fresh. Since her relationship with her senpai isn't really solve yet anyhow... anyways this manga is talking realistically about timing and moment and how feelings change/grow in time. After all they are still kids learning about love and life. Who knows they will end up with another person when they grow older?
Nov 16, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
YES GOOD! This is how to write a good love triangle! They totally pulled a Hirunaka no Ryuusei and I'm completely cool with that! <3 Miyake was the best choice and I'm glad she picked him over Kyousuke.

GHmimi said:
I hated this ending .. By kyousuke having a one-sided love .. it would have been better if he did not confess to Nina .. if Nina and miyake would return to each other and he would return to Yuiko ..

Yuiko doesn't love Kyousuke though. She loves her ex.
Jan 1, 2015 4:31 AM

Sep 2010
yes yes ys EYS yes yes I have no words I'm so glad this didn't go the typical "drag some poor kid along and end up with the jerk who abandoned you and made you feel terrible the whole story" route... Ughh. Thank you mangaka, I love you.

The other side to the story though, with Kyou and the annoying girl seems a little unresolved however... They didn't leave the MC with a cliffhanger though so I'm not really bothered by it.
Feb 18, 2016 12:58 PM

May 2010
What a twist, I can't say I am happy about it. Aosu is still unhappy and left out
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 26, 2016 11:59 PM
Jun 2015
The ending was unexpected. I was rooting for Kyousuke.
Apr 8, 2016 10:46 PM

Jan 2016
i am glad she chose miyake over her neighbor, kyou-chan and her look good together, but they share different things.
im happy for nina, but i dont know how i feel for kyousuke.
Nov 3, 2023 8:07 AM
May 2023
Nina, you single-handedly saved my rating for this manga with your decision to date Miyake. Good job.

More topics from this board

» Tonari no Atashi ending.. howd you like it?

muntasir123 - Nov 6, 2012

25 by Shirayukin »»
Jan 23, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Atashi Chapter 30 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 25, 2012

8 by Cazqui-09 »»
Sep 29, 2021 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Atashi Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2012

2 by Confucius »»
Feb 18, 2016 8:51 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Atashi Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

1 by Confucius »»
Feb 17, 2016 10:03 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Atashi Chapter 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2013

4 by iinbloom »»
Dec 16, 2013 5:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.