Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2012 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
mijuku-nii said:
but to be honest, I didn't really understand this anime from the start.

http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 9, 2012 10:54 AM

Feb 2010
QysteiN said:
First anime to drop this season
Ecchi and mecha doesnt go well.

So I'm guessing you didn't watch season 1??? lol.

Good first episode. Action ftw!
Jul 9, 2012 1:11 PM

Aug 2011
EVERYONE. HAVE SEX WITH ME!
Jul 9, 2012 2:25 PM

Dec 2010
oh man. this anime still pisses me off xD
but i forced myself through the first season and my pedantism makes me force myself through the second one too...
Jul 10, 2012 5:24 AM

Dec 2010
Well, at least it made more sense than the beginning of season one.
Jul 10, 2012 11:42 AM

Apr 2011
"Quick, have sex with me!"

lolmao! Lot's of sex talk for a first episode of the season.
MagitoJul 10, 2012 11:51 AM
Jul 10, 2012 11:49 AM

Sep 2009
Would be watching with CR subs. They are quite late but it better than watching with shitty subs.
Jul 10, 2012 2:13 PM

Jun 2010
AngelicFeces said:
Like always, I have no idea what the fuck is really going on, but I like it.

I feel the same, weird isnt it?
Jul 11, 2012 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
So much action on this episode, I loved it. Also, Horizon's jealously was the best.
Jul 11, 2012 1:25 AM

Jun 2012
Lots of good action, which is what I really wanted in season 1. That's pretty much one of the only things I like. There are so many characters that, like season 1, they will probably rarely focus on all of them (like S1,E1 showed everyone fighting). With Great Britain, it got all the more complicated with a series I already didn't understand. I also don't like Tori, just my opinion. I haven't watched episode 13 in a while, so I didn't get what was happening. Anyway, I'm still going to watch it because I started the series anyway, plus it's not so bad if I don't ignore the actually story (too complicated).

Jul 11, 2012 2:27 AM

May 2008
Completely forgot that I am supposed to turn off my brain before watching this show.
Jul 11, 2012 3:05 AM

Aug 2010
Started out nice, but then again so did S1 before it went downhill. Good comedy and action so far 4/5.

Jealous Horizon and "Have sex!" were the best parts.
Jul 11, 2012 9:12 PM

May 2011
I've been fucking waiting for this and this first ep didn't disappoint. Lmao what a great way to start everything off with Tori running around naked within the first 30 seconds, ahh this guy is just too awesome. Hahahaha at him sneaking up behind that Tres Espana lady so she ended up grabbing his balls and then I just loved the way that Margot said "Who cares?!" when Tori got hit there again. This ep sure had quite a bunch of funny scenes, rofl at that have sex scene as well, Malga sure is a great teacher. And Horizon's jealous reaction was great. :d

I loved that they're immediately starting off with alotta action and it was great seeing most of the characters have some showtime already. Ah I sure missed seeing everyone. And oooh I like the way that Toussaint fights, and I am interested in seeing if Shakespeare does something similar. Can't wait for next week.
Jul 12, 2012 12:42 AM

Jan 2011
Too awesome. Too freaking awesome!
Jul 12, 2012 1:43 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, although it's quite lame. x)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 12, 2012 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty cool like last season. I like how every character is loaded with unique spells and fighting styles. I definitely need to refresh myself on season one so I can follow this season better.
Jul 12, 2012 9:48 AM
Feb 2012
I've watched this episode three times already and I still get shivers down my spine upon experiencing the greatness that is Horizon. Simply outstanding in so many ways.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 12, 2012 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
I can't stop watching the sex talk part. It was so hilarious. Miriam and Malga's expressions where so funny.
Jul 12, 2012 1:41 PM
Jan 2012
Ok, I love this show but I still have half a clue on what's going on.
Jul 12, 2012 9:23 PM
May 2012
Azuma doesn't know what sex is? Now that's some innocence :3

Great ep to start with.
Jul 13, 2012 3:44 AM

Mar 2012
For everyone who liked season 1 enough to follow this anime into season 2, the opening is great and delivers everything that made season 1 awesome: unconventional but exciting battles, hilarious dialogue and characterization...and let's not forget the teasing but not excessive fan service.

Looking forward to the showdown between Toussaint and Shakespeare.
Jul 13, 2012 4:26 AM

Apr 2011
Den0s said:
Azuma doesn't know what sex is? Now that's some innocence :3

Great ep to start with.

Malga should have told him about the birds and the bees...

unless she doesn't know it either. XD
Jul 13, 2012 5:01 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Liked it, but like much of the 1st season, I barely understand what the hell is going on. LoL
Jul 14, 2012 12:45 AM

Jul 2011
Horizon is back with a huge bang.

I said it before but man do i love the action sequences in this anime. Not only is the animation great but they use some of the most imaginative techniques. From the fighters who conjure stories as a means of attack to the god of war that fights on all fours amongst others. Also it seemed obtaining one of the armament of deadly sins seems to already had profound effect on Horizon's personality unless in a very short space of time some of Tori's mannerisms have rubbed off on her.
Jul 26, 2012 11:15 AM
Jul 2012
Started watching first episode thinking that it would be serious. First thing I see is that the protagonist is naked. Oh god.. This better be funnier than the last season.
Jul 26, 2012 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
TheNguyen said:
Started watching first episode thinking that it would be serious. First thing I see is that the protagonist is naked. Oh god.. This better be funnier than the last season.

Well, the last thing you saw in season 1 was him naked, so it's obvious lol

Jul 26, 2012 6:26 PM
Mar 2012
Action was great, loved the mecha fight & dog/tiger/cross design, very original.
Pacing is way too fast, either on adhd level or whole episode felt like a long action movie trailer. But i get their intention of re-introducing each important character all in one episode, but that's really not necessary especially with such a huge cast. 2nd episode did a better job.
Aug 6, 2012 7:53 PM
Oct 2011
So in love lol. Even beyond the cast, fight/action scenes, character/art designs, unique abilities, etc etc. I think what also makes it amazing is that Horizon also includes comedic moments to keep the euphoric feeling flowing. Not to mention that it can also be considered an actual love story in a way that hasn't been beaten to death/typical harem-romantic comedy style. Which IMO is extremely refreshing, and may be one of the few times I enjoyed having romance in the plot/story. It was definitely fast paced, but as a first episode I don't think it was a bad move, especially if they are trying to get people whom didn't watch season 1 to watch both seasons.
Aug 23, 2012 7:30 PM

Jun 2012
I cant wait to see more of Horizon and Toori's relationship, great start and a lot of action.
Aug 23, 2012 10:46 PM

Jun 2008
Shuhan said:
I cant wait to see more of Horizon and Toori's relationship, great start and a lot of action.

Just a heads up, this Arc mostly focuses on Tenzou and the new female character.

Sep 12, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
So I just started watching S2... and I seriously have no idea what the hell is going on.
Sep 13, 2012 6:59 AM

Jun 2008
Paul said:
So I just started watching S2... and I seriously have no idea what the hell is going on.

Start slowly reading the infodump.
http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/

Sep 13, 2012 12:05 PM
Aug 2010
Do what Kaimax suggests. Sensei / Zeroblade's infodump is one of the best places to get info or answers on Kyoukaisen if you can't understand something, or get lost.
Horizon wiki is good too I think, and Stilts from RandomC does a good job blogging it as well from some of his posts that I've read. (and the commenters catch some things, or have also read the novel so, lucky him)
Oct 31, 2012 2:33 PM
Oct 2011
I would like to +1 this ^^ , when season 1 came around, I was starstruck, loved it enough that I searched on google for answers for things that happened, who people are, what things mean. It hit me that hard! And "sensei's" website has been invaluable. Definitely recommended for anyone feeling lost.
Dec 4, 2012 6:11 AM

Oct 2012
SEX! hahaha
Mar 2, 2014 11:38 AM

May 2013
Fans can hate me, but...Can somebody explain,why the hell is Tori naked?And his scar on left shoulder, how he got it? Will it be explained later? It really is terrible and unwatchable...And battles...I really can't find it serious, nobody dies, and weapons as tennis rackets just wtf? I don't know how it got over 7.8 rating...
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Mar 4, 2014 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
He's naked because of a scene that was cut completely in the anime, involving the school where Masazumi is doing is part job as a teacher. Would be a bit long to explain it fully though.

His scar IIRC comes from the accident where the original Horizon Ariadust was killed. He was hit as well while trying to protect Horizon. Horizon still died and Torii was hospitalized for a while, returning with just a huge scar on his body. It won't be explained later because it's supposed to have been explained beforehand (I think).

Tadakatsu died. His wife as well. Horizon's father as well. Sakai's friend was koushukakushi'ed almost right in front of him as well. But you have to remember that all the people fighting in horizon verse have some sort of divine protection. Which means that they takes far less damage than you would usually take from normal weapons.

I've seen far weirder weapons than a magical tennis racket in anime.
Mar 4, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2013
Thanks for explanation...Imo it's bad if they skipped such a huge moment about Tori.
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Mar 5, 2014 12:29 AM

Apr 2013
They're skipping half of the content since the start anyway. Can't help it, the original work is too much of an infodump for it to be properly adapted in anime. People watching anime usually want things to move, not huge explanations taking half of the episode each time. Look at the episodes 1-3 of the first season. They tried there. People didn't like it at all. They stopped trying after that. People praised the anime. *shudder*. This shows that the studio was right in its choice.
Well, since I knew the original content before watching the anime I could simply enjoy it being animated without having to worry about not understanding what's going on half of the time. I would guess that lots of the fans who bought the dvd/br were part of the usual 50k readers of that series. As for the others... well, original world + lots of fighting+boobs, I guess. The original work is really deep about its world building and worth praise for a lots of things, but don't expectthat from an anime adaptation.
Jun 14, 2014 11:56 PM

Sep 2011
Just like the first season, amazing first episode! (even better actually) I was kept entertained from the beginning to the end. Lots of great battles, hilarious moments, and the awesome ost was like the icing on the cake!

Looking forward to the next one!
Jul 16, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely continuation from the first season together with a whole lot hilarious comedy like the incorrect definition of what sex means and that Aoi is naked this whole episode xD

Pretty lovely start with great action and humor so let's see what this season will offer us!
Aug 8, 2014 2:21 AM

Dec 2012
Oh man, what a way to start the second season. Plenty of action and hilarity ensuing already. That whole sex joke had me roaring. "Calm down! Have sex!" Also glad Tori is as hilarious as always, can't believe he was naked the entire episode. It's a bit of a setback watching this months after finishing season 1 so my memory is a bit fuzzy on these characters and their abilities but it's good to see them all again, especially Kimi and Neito.
Aug 29, 2014 12:45 AM

Jul 2008
I think a recap would have helped this first episode, the lingo, rules and setting of the world is pretty confusing.

That said, lots of good fights this time around.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon_SEASON 3 ??? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nova12 - Sep 22, 2012

168 by derpinat0rz »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Best girl poll

Doc101 - Mar 12

4 by DarkLeafNinja »»
Mar 12, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

71 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

55 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 14, 2023 9:12 AM

» After watching both season, I really like the power system, but should I continue watching manga?

aLotQuestion_ - May 10, 2021

1 by Zefyris »»
Jun 20, 2021 4:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.