Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 21, 2012 8:11 AM

Feb 2010
one of the big disappointment ever.
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 3, 2012 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
I just finished this anime and I was left disappointed at the ending.. just like so many other anime
I just hope that there is a season 2, but hopefully it could be executed a bit better.. because I really love the idea behind it. I think I'll have a read of the manga to see how it ended
Oct 10, 2012 6:17 AM

Jan 2012
this anime had tremendous potential, but fail to deliver....

ending was fine to me...

execution was shit... such a shame really
Feb 12, 2013 8:03 PM

Aug 2011
this ending was terrible! TERRIBLE y'hear!! 4/10, the lowest rating i have ever given a show!
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Feb 26, 2013 7:33 PM

Sep 2011
Aw man, I was really hoping for an epic battle between Jin and Seiji... ;-;

The ending was way to predictable for my liking, though I cant really say I hated it. SUCH a typical superhero ending... Jesus Christ... LOL
Mar 10, 2013 8:16 AM

Sep 2012
Terrible how Kouga gets the good ending and Jin gets screwed over and loses Hanako. The show was going good up until the last episode, so I guess I'll read the manga at some point since it sounds better.
May 16, 2013 2:04 PM

Feb 2011
Dat complete form was badass. This series was pretty good , it got me. 8/10
Jun 21, 2013 7:24 AM

May 2008
The series was okay...

Ending was like I expected, which is mediocre. I didn't expect much of this series when it has just 13 episodes.

I like Kouga's justice. So twisted. haha

I may want to read the manga to find out who's the Sweeper.
Jul 1, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2013
This was a good show. If only they had more episodes it could have been way better. I am still hoping for season 2.
Aug 3, 2013 6:11 AM

Aug 2008
surprisingly liked this show, Kouga was soo much fun to watch.
Aug 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
While I liked this show, I didn't like the ending. Hanako's death was also sad, given that I started to feel bad for her the moment we found out that she became a player...

Oh, and as a reminder (I'm sure not many people watch anime dubbed), but if you also watched it on Neon Alley, it looks like the scene where Hanako is sliced in half, killing her, is butchered.

8/10 for me here.
Oct 3, 2013 12:05 AM

Jul 2008
This anime went from a 7 to a 4. Kouga kills his mom, then dad, then Jin's girlfriend then tries to kill him for his warped sense of justice and then gets to live in the hero's spotlight with no consequences.

That was too fucked up. That made for a terrible ending.

And on top of that Haitani survived, ugh.
Dec 1, 2013 4:15 AM
Mar 2013
I really enjoyed it, 8/10 for me. I disliked Kouga troughout the series.

But did Hanako die in the Manga?
Mar 26, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2013
Damn! To bad Kouga ended up being such a bastard. He matured in the wrong direction. Also, why didn't he kill his grandpa?? His Grandpa was the one responsible for creating players not his dad!

This series has SO much potential!! It really should get a sequel or some OVA's or something!

CrazyJordan said:
Oh btw why didn't the sweeper regress at the end when he was with Jin? Also what did Kouga's mother do to make him not give a single fuck when she was shot, yet he rushes to save his sister when the building comes down on her lol...

Good point! Kouga showed a shocking amount of disregard for his mother
DaydreamHeroMar 26, 2014 8:38 PM
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 6, 2014 9:32 AM
Mar 2013
This anime does bad publicity to the manga. It was SO RUSHED. What in the world were they thinking when they made 200 chapters into 12 episode?! So many important events and situations were missed that the characters had no time to develop properly.

Guys, please read the manga and do no think it bad just because of the anime. It is on a whoe different level.

Also, HANAKOOO! How dare they all be happy after killing you...
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Apr 17, 2014 7:21 PM

Apr 2011
Yay, Brace Face died! She was honestly the main thing that made me put this show on hold for two years.

Thought the show was pretty alright, all things considered. I'd rather Hanako be excised altogether, but the fact that she doesn't end up with Jin AND ends up getting cut in half (after what was hopefully a quite agonizing transformation) made me raise the show a whole point in the final scoring. Too bad the sister doesn't end up with Jin, I preferred that pairing to the canon one.

8/10, glad I finally got around to finishing this one
Apr 28, 2014 3:38 PM
Dec 2013
This is the best trolling effort I've ever seen in my history of watching anime! lol, the ending is just hilarious!
8/10 for effort. Internet trolls can learn a lot from this show.
Aug 22, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
I'm disappointed, It started out so good but then towards the end it's like the people directing it kept dying off and were replaced with fan-girls from some cheesy makes no sense chick-flick, like Twilight or something. I should have just stopped after the first episode.

It's funny, who would've thought that the first episode would have more closure than the last episode.

Only in anime I guess.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 7, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2014
I enjoyed this series, but ending wasn't as fulfilling. I liked the slight romance in the series, as well as the blood lust.

Ending was predictable, I mean would Jin kill Kouga? No he wouldn't obviously.

Would I want a second season? Yup, This series was a fun one. I like the time skips as well.
Apr 4, 2015 5:17 PM

Aug 2014
Not as bad if you don't compare it to the manga but still pretty average.
May 13, 2015 7:27 PM
May 2010
So... in the end... this real hero thingy is just a batman copycat.... except the story is way worse..

A number of characters should play a vital part of the story, but most of the time they were just literally bystanders i.e. the detective, Amagi Daughter, Hanako, and auntie, and even the chairman himself and that useless "Boss" of EVOL. Sigh...
jimmy2027May 13, 2015 7:30 PM
Jul 26, 2015 2:06 PM
Jul 2015
HammersFan10 said:
Kerozinn said:
whats witht the endign straight from batman the dark knight?????

avrage anime with predictable ending

It took itself waaay too seriously.

Funny - I laughed so hard at that ending and took it the other way - I didn't think it took itself seriously at all which is why I liked it.
Nov 30, 2015 8:46 PM

Jun 2007
I saw comments about the manga, which ended in 2014 ('part one', anyway): people were saying it goes in a very similar direction to the anime. Which would make sense given the anime's strangely open, post-manga end. I guess Katsura gave the anime writers a basic outline, if true. It would make the purist complaints kinda ironic.

As for me, the tween friendship edits and content skipping pacing wasn't good, but the manga had awful pacing: no real plot details and switching between leads. So I kinda appreciated an 'abridged' version, heavily flawed or no. I did rate it 4/10 and drop it when it was airing, but the episodes starting with the Kouga justice trololo school girl bit (where I read up to in manga, iirc) bumped up my rating to 6/10. Especially the ending.

I definitely got a Commissioner Gordon vibe from the police officer during the 'Dark Knight' ending. But I enjoyed the ending more than in TDK, if only because - unlike Batman - Zetman has a nemesis that is viewed as the true hero by the public; in spite of him being willing to sacrifice others. Kouga was always an annoying arsehole in the manga as well but the development regarding his perception of justice was strong. Also: it's cool that anime has its very own 'dark knight' now.
Dec 30, 2015 1:45 PM

Aug 2012
i have not yet read the manga but the ending was awful. Towards the end , I think around ep 8, the anime goes all over the place creating tons of questions that are never answered. I hated they killed hanako (or whatever the name spelling was). About the questions some posters had here are the answers based solely on the anime: her parents become players before she was born. this explains why she does not know she is a player. The medicine keeps her in human form so reverting back was entirely possible. Most of the damage was caused by her actually her being scared and confused. It was not with intent. Also the swim teacher was also a player so female players should not have been a surprise. also interestingly enough she does not seem to need the medicine when she is in a normal mental state. Killing Kouga would have served no purpose. Yes, he killed Hanako, but he was until the end just a puppet in the hands of the evil guy. And even in the end he remains a puppet but to his grandfather, who at least seems more of a good guy. I disagree Kouga developped as a character. He remained a puppet from beginning to the end.
Feb 26, 2016 6:23 PM
Mar 2014
Zetman is Batman? hehe. Anyway, I did not like that end.
Mar 4, 2016 12:36 AM

Mar 2012
the dialogue of this show was friggen god awful, i know she eventually turned out to be a player, but it felt so unconvincing that Jin who pretty much kept turning away the Amagi's somehow falls in love with a random girl from off the street but has no problem keeping her around despite being told to keep everyone else at arms length, perhaps it's due to being a shit adaption but it made zero sense, just really terrible character interaction. Repetitive episodes as well. Overall, a waste of time

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 29, 2016 12:38 PM
Jan 2015
i'm just gonna pretend that she didn't die
Dec 9, 2016 12:47 PM
Jun 2011
I love the Manga, I really should have listened to all of the negative reviews and given this a pass, poor adaptation and terrible ending.
Apr 14, 2017 6:24 PM
Apr 2017
Why she had to die that was piece of crap
Jul 6, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
this anime was meh...the story was weak ...the ending was disappointing 6/10

Jul 6, 2017 11:02 AM

Dec 2015
@joshua10red They went against reason and decided to cram the most sub-intrigues they could from the manga despite making the main characters friends and creating other deviations (they didn't know each other in the books).
Jul 22, 2017 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
There isn't really to much to say. At the beginning I thought it's pretty interesting. But the last 3 episodes? Wtf was that? I hate endings like this. And what's wrong with Kouga? He went from an relative normal guy to an hyphy hero who goes nuts on justice....

Of course he had to kill Hanako for his JUSTICE. At that point I would not have blame Jin if he killed Kouga. At least he understood how that would have been. This sense of justice is just garbage. Who knows maybe there was a possibility to rescue her.

I will definitely read the manga. Curious how bad this adaptation was in comparison.

Unfortunately I can't really give Zetman more as an 6/10

Apr 6, 2018 2:27 AM
Jun 2016
Holy shet that superhero ending tho I love it!!! Just amazing although Mr. Cosplay should've died and I was secretly hoping jin and kohona hooked up but..... Oh well. I was rooting for kohona all along.
Apr 6, 2018 2:31 AM
Jun 2016
Sabermon said:
The first episode was fantastic.

Overall this show is a complete joke.

It's like those inventors can pull lots of neat gadgets from their asses.

Didn't that pink haired girl (not Jin's gf, the other one) see Kouga kill his own father and in the process almost killing his own mother? is she blind because she is a fan girl of his? wtf

WTF Kouga with his sense of justice. Why didn't he get a tragic end?
He didn't even have second thoughts about killing his friend.
He didn't even react when he accidentally shot his mother. He completely ignored his mother.

In the end he plays the comic role of a ''hero'' with his suit and his stupid wife while the true hero gets the short end of the stick.

Hero my ass.

U said some real shet I completely agree 100%
Jun 17, 2019 8:48 PM
Jun 2019
They butchered this series from the very beginning when they Incorporated Kouga into childhood storyline and even more so leading up to the end.
Giving this a 2/10
I give the Manga a 9/10
Mar 11, 2022 6:29 AM

Jul 2019
So, Haitani is not dead?
Aug 9, 2022 5:54 PM
May 2020
Jin is not the hero that Tokyo wants but the hero that Tokyo deserves.
Jan 31, 2023 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
Did they seriously have to kill Hanako like that? Judging by the copious amounts of girls murdered and almost raped I'd say this diretor has some serious problems with them. Unfortunately so, as many of the relations could've been so much more developed, specially the one between Hanako and the MC. This anime was truly just a big time sink with such an unecessarily sad ending and many ridiculous scenarios such as when Kouga was kidnapped and he couldn't even bother asking his 30 fans where tf they were. Had Hanako not died and had she been graced with just a little bit more screentime I'd have given this an 8. I'm seriously tired of anime like this.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Zetman is very underrated !!!

iamKetranLang - Feb 11, 2018

7 by LenRea »»
Mar 20, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 2, 2012

195 by Traotora »»
May 3, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jenanime - Apr 23, 2012

60 by Eyth »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 4, 2012

53 by Abdf »»
Mar 11, 2022 4:33 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2012

73 by passa_p »»
Feb 15, 2020 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.