Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2012 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BEST EPISODE! The action was what I was wanted and I GOT IT! Simple as that. Looks like Rick in the following,

Along with the spoiler
becomes a ANGEL WTF IS GOING NOW?. WTF seriously. That was the best WTF TBH. I would never think that magic + Angelic references would be added in this series. Quite surprising but not in general. It was used many many times in RPGs and other animes dealing with that term. That being said it was still nice to see him in the spoiler
the wings are well done IMO. Rick fighting is well done TBH with the wings as a added element.

Other than that her are my thoughts from start to finish as the episode went along.

About the beginning, I find the start really freaky. For one all these Lizards and black portal in the spoiler
is rather fearful TBH. It’s obvious in my head “MOBS COMING! EXP TIME!” was really what went on. I really wonder if that’s how the game starts instead cause it’s obvious to have a RPG you need those monsters to gain exp, right? So I was thinking of that exactly. Moreover the doll and Kaguya gave out excellent expressions in the spoiler
for I did fear much for Kaguya’s safety at this point.

About random stuff, I find the ship in the spoiler
to be rather well done there from the view of a satellite and the soldier here is well done.

Rick’s sword and meeting with the Prince. The best there was obviously the artistic designs of in the spoiler
of Rick’s sword. I did not like seeing Hans and Xiao-Mei like that captured but it was expected from the last episode. I did like seeing more of the Prince talking.

About battlefield part 1, really well done in the spoiler
the doll dodging the beams and the ship firing continues to excite me and have me glue to the screen. The caravan moving ant atmosphere in general is well represented from the point of those light beam towers.

About the battlefielsd part 2, the second part deals for me with the girls in the spoiler
not only are they shown so well with a fire fight of powers behind them but their expressions were rich along with some showings of Hans/Xiao-Mei struggling to make it through. The girls leaving Rick was a little nostalgic but they have confidence in him.

About Rick and the princess, I liked her a lot in the following,

Straight show out of her full frontal shows how nice of a body she has. Among my favorite parts with her is the Rick x Princess along with the Princess casting the magic in the spoiler
both translated into spicy romance and AMAZING SFX! Pretty much.
Notice the Principalities of the TRIFORCE from Zelda on the Princess magic symbols. There all around there. It’s hard to believe that Rick’s suffering and the way the Princess looked at him here, was rather not adding up, at least not the mood it was set. By spicy romance I mean in the spoiler
seeing Rick like that and all with the Princess. All that was missing is them being alone. Rick running in the forest was cool to see.

About before war preparations, it was rather well setup before ti all climaxes in the spoiler
in various factors. For one seeing the pirates was nice and balanced out here and there. For 2 seeing the kid with the woman of the bar. That is nostalgic especially with the kid giving bread to Rick T_T damn I am sorry but to me it looked like a last gift to him before SHIT HITS THE FANS of Rick. For 3 seeing more Hans and Xiao-Mei is always good. Finally nice to see the Prince playing his harp in the spoiler
that’s always nice to see being played as a instrument.

About the final fight! Final fight has so much but in general in the spoiler
the explosions, SFX and Pirates were ALL KICK ASS! Really kick ass stuff man! Exactly as I wanted and exactly ass I hoped for. Seems all is going according to my wishes.

Finally I hope to see a very wishful ending. At least one element of it that I want. Seeing Rick the girls in a HAREM! Or at least a triple kiss.
Yumekichi11Jun 21, 2012 2:05 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 21, 2012 12:44 PM

Nov 2007
Attack stopped why Kagura came. Lizard head monsters appear and called her Sakuya. And they want the stones that Queen doll gave to cat girl.

So those people came at red moon? Outside world people... Riku is wondering about himself, too. Even the girls, too? Riku and everyone got called by the prince, and the sword is returned so that he can get Kagura back. Knowing that he cannot bake bread anymore, he ordered him to be knight.

When Queen is about to escape with Kagura, that mysterious black thing caught Kagura.

Girls, not knowing his worry before, are very generous and wanting him to be honest to himself. The princess, who was ordered to accompany Riku was already there. And they also baked breads for him.

Prince was waiting for those outsider that can help protecting the island. The pirates are back on track.

Those two thieves escaped. Wow, he got a tank?

The reason the princess has the book because she has a spell to give memory back, and he grew wings!

The doll sacrificed herself so that Riku can get Kagura back.

The inserted song by Lia was beautiful.

July 5, 2012 3:25 am next ep., so no ep. next week.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 21, 2012 1:21 PM

Nov 2008
I want to see that tank hank made in action and Rick destroyed those guns and went through the ship in Angel Wings, with memories returned.

Next ep is pretty much signaling a bittersweet ending at best, a sad one at worse and Maedera's bakery is closed. It's also going to pretty much be an original ending.

Jun 21, 2012 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
So are we going to see Mistral and Sakuya with her rainbow modes?

If not then, I am going to be disappointed.
Jun 21, 2012 1:39 PM

Nov 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
So are we going to see Mistral and Sakuya with her rainbow modes?

If not then, I am going to be disappointed.

I doubt it, not much of the anime has followed the games.

Jun 21, 2012 2:08 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Next ep is pretty much signaling a bittersweet ending at best, a sad one at worse and Maedera's bakery is closed. It's also going to pretty much be an original ending.
Oh nice! Perhaps it would be interesting to compare that to the original ED of the game and the differences along with what values did they bring out. I for one must say now that the MOE of the girls was overwhelming.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 21, 2012 5:34 PM

Aug 2011
If you've played the game then its no surprise.
Jun 22, 2012 1:10 PM

Aug 2011
Oh lord, this anime is so horrible.

There is a reason why rpg's are made to play and not to watch.
Jun 22, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
What was the insert song? I really liked it.

Finally some action, but too bad it'll be over next episode.
Jun 22, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
Did she just cast float?

Anyway, nice to see the action at the end of the episode. I liked this show a lot, especially the visuals and the ED has to be my favorite barring none. Hopefully the conclusion is done well.
Jun 22, 2012 1:25 PM

Apr 2010
Thing i wondered about most was the flashback where Madara mentioned they could have fought each other in the past.
That flashback could have been real but it could also have been fake, it would be very interesting if it where real tho.
Maybe the power of the girls are equal in power compared to Rick's still the burning in the background concerned me a bit tho.
Jun 22, 2012 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
I really liked that insert song at the end.

I aint going to lie I liked Rick in the angel mode. I glad that one broad didnt try to stop my boy from fighting. I hope we know his past soon.
Jun 22, 2012 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
tsubasalover said:

July 5, 2012 3:25 am next ep., so no ep. next week.

It looks like only MBS that isn't airing this anime next week, Tokyo MX is still airing the final episode next week on June 30,2012 22:30 pm.

The_Straw-Hat said:
Oh lord, this anime is so horrible.

There is a reason why rpg's are made to play and not to watch.

This anime is actually more fun and interesting than the game version.. At least I don't have to bake bread again and again like in the game. There is also a reason why this series looks so boring, it is because the setting (specifically, the world that is Wyndaria Island located).

I wonder how the anime version will end, hoping it is better than the game ending.
melina_putriJun 22, 2012 3:01 PM
Jun 22, 2012 3:45 PM

May 2011
Rick finally got his resolve

no ep. next week. Damn, WHY!?
Jun 22, 2012 4:51 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Rick can't bake bread anymore, so he instead becomes Angel of Death. While dodging auto-firing death ray cannon he smashes metal battleships with a swing of his sword.

Some seriously bad scene transitions most of the episode, very distracting. But, as long as I don't take it to seriously, it's not to bad.

Not enough Xiao-Mei, at any rate.
CratexJun 22, 2012 7:36 PM
Jun 22, 2012 5:20 PM
Mar 2012
SilentTruth said:
Rick finally got his resolve

no ep. next week. Damn, WHY!?

See my post above, Tokyo MX is still airing this anime next week according to their schedule. This anime is only delayed on MBS.
Jun 22, 2012 6:06 PM

Jan 2008
This series was stupid all along, but man, this episode was premuim retarded.
Jun 22, 2012 7:17 PM

Dec 2011
My fave ep so far. I was amazed when he grew wings after she read the spell. That song at the end was really nice. Would have like to hear that song instead of the usual ED song.
Jun 22, 2012 9:27 PM

May 2010
bout efff'ing time, it took 9 anf 1/2 episode but thing are finally starting to kick off

and some king he is, cant even protect his own kingdom gotta make his sis and rick that a coward move
HydnlifeJun 22, 2012 9:30 PM
Jun 23, 2012 1:10 AM
Oct 2010
Perplex said:
This series was stupid all along, but man, this episode was premuim retarded.
Yeah, though somehow it jumped into the realms of so bad it's good. Or maybe I was just in the appropriate mood... at any rate, I'll say that I'm enjoying this shit.

Somehow this reminds me a bit of Excel Saga... I wonder why...
AjunkyJun 23, 2012 1:16 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 23, 2012 1:51 AM

Jan 2012
I got mad when Rick was like "I can't fight" because of his obsession with baking bread, but luckily the girls got him to realize that he needs to fight the manlizardpirates.

Even though this series is full of boring crap, scenes like the second half this episode somewhat redeem the series.

I hope they reveal some memories in the next episode or I'm giving this show a lower rating. lmao
Jun 23, 2012 3:18 AM

Dec 2007
This show is so terrible. At the very least everyone in Rick's party from the game should be fighting along with him. Sigh. They better give Yukarin a lot of lines in the last episode. Otherwise, why even cast her as Mistral? A horrible effort by Production IG to say the least.
Jun 23, 2012 8:38 AM

May 2011
What Ric really needed to have a variation of power from Banana no Nana. You know, instead of materializing bananas he can make bread and then fight with it. :D
MM-Rosiie said:

Kokoro ni Todoku Uta, another song from the game. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FFz-oXJ6c
Jun 23, 2012 10:06 AM

Jun 2010
So, when's Misty coming out?
Jun 23, 2012 10:57 AM
Jan 2011
I now offcially don't know how to make up this anime.
Jun 23, 2012 12:25 PM

Apr 2011
Short...so short...

THe action is good, but I think there's so many things the anime hasn't covered yet. We didn't even see Elwyn, Melty, Rana, and Alwin again!
MagitoJun 23, 2012 12:34 PM
Jun 23, 2012 9:05 PM
Mar 2012
Magito said:
Short...so short...

THe action is good, but I think there's so many things the anime hasn't covered yet. We didn't even see Elwyn, Melty, Rana, and Alwin again!

There is lot of difference between the game and the anime stories, it looks like the anime story is written from scratch while keeping most important things from the game.Though as player of the game version, I still think episode 5 is definitely a filler episode.

I hope these missing characters are going to made an appearance in the last episode.
Jun 24, 2012 8:07 AM

Sep 2008
SakuraRainbow said:
I can't take this anime seriously. It's so BORING. And they're going on about BREAD.

Title is Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan (eng. Shining Hearts: Bread of Happiness)
So, of course they will talk about BREAD.
Jun 24, 2012 8:34 AM

May 2012
Ugh...solo episodes are annoying. I hope it doesn't become all Rick is the one man army -_-

I really didn't enjoy this episode. And that Prince I just wanna strangle >_<

There's so many other interesting characters, why's it gotta be one-man show Rick?
Jun 24, 2012 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
The ending feels exactly like Shining Tears x Wind of this episode compared to that series second to last episode... I'm glad they kept the feelings the same series to series... it reminds me of older anime's styles and brings a warm smile to my face. It's well made. :)
Jun 24, 2012 9:30 PM

Jun 2007
Rick is actually trying to bake bread when they are having war?? And I actually expect the trio to play more important role.. Don't tell me theyt are going to bake bread throughout the whole series.. *facepalm*
Jun 24, 2012 9:43 PM

Jul 2009
Kaguya said:
Rick is actually trying to bake bread when they are having war?? And I actually expect the trio to play more important role.. Don't tell me theyt are going to bake bread throughout the whole series.. *facepalm*
They already are.... "baking the bread that makes the MC & the town happy"! See your facepalm is well-deserved! :)
Jun 25, 2012 7:59 AM

Oct 2009
MM-Rosiie said:

The insert song was originally the game opening, "Kokoro ni Todoku Shi" by Lia.
Jun 27, 2012 3:12 PM
Sep 2009
Less Bread More Action!
Click!
Jun 28, 2012 4:23 AM

May 2010
Whoa Rick is an angel and got this amazing power with his sword !!
Jun 28, 2012 9:44 PM
Mar 2011
considering the comments i guess i am the only one who thought of escaflowne's mc van when i saw him flying with those wings on his back then huh? im normally all into fantasy but this one has been painful to watch there have only been a handful of what seem to me plot related episodes. reminds me of the campellana i dropped.
Jul 14, 2012 2:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lameness overdose.

Oh wait, there was a plot?

Botched adaptation. Will Shining series ever get something decent?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 14, 2012 6:36 AM

Feb 2012
Oh boy, what a mess and wings, seriously?! I can't help but laugh haha
Aug 22, 2012 2:37 AM

Aug 2010
It's still better than people saying how tasty bread is. Too bad I'm interested in the side characters way more than the main ones (Xiao-Mei, the pirate guy). 3/5.
Aug 14, 2013 7:43 PM

Jun 2012
The power of bread.
Srs though this episode was epic. I like this.
Oct 6, 2014 7:39 AM

Mar 2014
Mystery solved . Everyone are from different worlds which interprets the "Many-worlds theory" .
The Island that is the center and the place for "World Travelers" .
At World's end , the wings that was granted , makes way for the rainbow after the rigid storm .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2015 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
If I have to make a judgment in all sincerity, I'd say I have not warned in any way the tense atmosphere that should be there in a moment like this similar.
Narrative lacks the pathos even if it was not bad the moment when Rick gets powers from Rufina.
Drawings and animations excellent, even the OST is catchy. Let's see how the anime ends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 26, 2012

63 by Syureria »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2012

77 by syncrogazer »»
May 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 12, 2012

148 by syncrogazer »»
May 18, 2020 8:12 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

72 by AllenVonStein »»
Jan 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 14, 2012

32 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 12, 2015 6:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.