Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2008 3:20 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright, Moria's laugh is really starting to get on my nerves.

Anyway, SH getting defeated. I wonder how much Nightmare Luffy we'll see next episode. Probably not too much.
Sep 22, 2008 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
Man, the Straw Hats are really getting thier asses kicked. Brook's thunder arrow thing was pretty cool though.

Wow, next week's episode looks amazing.
Sep 22, 2008 3:45 PM

May 2007
Brook looking pretty badass this ep. Plus, awww Robin. ;; At least she got some action scenes.

Next ep we'll get some Nightmare Luffy, nice. :D

Sep 22, 2008 4:46 PM

Oct 2007
Brook was pretty cool this episode, Robin had her share as well.

Can't wait for next episode though, looks amazing.

Sep 22, 2008 6:44 PM

Jun 2007
Not the best episode, but I guess build up's like this are needed. Nightmare Luffy should be good.
Sep 22, 2008 8:03 PM

Jul 2008
I felt like shouting "Hurry up! Go save Robin!" because it took almost forever for Moria to cut off her shadow. But I guess the scene was just slowed down to increase the drama? (Or more likely to fill space.)

They could have animated Sanji's Diable Jambe and Chopper's Roseo a tad more epically, imo. But Brook's determination was pretty awesome. Can't wait to see NL!
Sep 23, 2008 11:14 AM

Jul 2008
The power of Kage Kage no Mi is very strong, Moria best villain in One Piece.^^

Finally the Nightmare Luffy enter in action in the next episode.
Sep 26, 2008 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
I wana see blue luffy, with a katana and all...
Man that was a short episode ( half is spent on repetitions...)

Waiting in process ...

Oct 20, 2008 10:21 AM

Apr 2008
Good Episode, finally We'll get to see Blue or Nightmare Luffy (He remind's me of the Hulk but Blue rather than Green)
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Feb 14, 2010 11:24 PM

May 2008
man that was wicked sick

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 15, 2010 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
Nightmare Luffy coming up~
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 21, 2010 7:13 AM

Feb 2009
I wanna see Nightmare Luffy as well, but I'm loving the fight wiith Odz and Moria so far, every member of the crew had a shining moment despite the fact they are being completely anihilated!

Seriously one of the best fights in One Piece so far, the superb animation and colour are contributing fo«r that fact.
Apr 7, 2011 3:17 AM

Jul 2007
Veethorn said:
I wanna see Nightmare Luffy as well, but I'm loving the fight wiith Odz and Moria so far, every member of the crew had a shining moment despite the fact they are being completely anihilated!

Seriously one of the best fights in One Piece so far, the superb animation and colour are contributing fo«r that fact.

I totally agree. Out of all the battles in the entire series, this is where they actually all worked together at once to take down an enemy. The clever strategies they used was just awesome.

Poor Robin though :(

Night mare luffy needs to hurry his ass up lol.

May 9, 2011 10:08 PM

Jun 2009
Sure they are being annihilated, but seeing the Straw Hat's work together like this is very cool. Luffy needs to hurry the fuck up though, because seeing my favorite characters getting there asses handed to them makes me a sad panda.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 14, 2011 9:19 PM

May 2010
Wow! Its only now that I'm convinced that Moria's Devil Fruit ability is strong.. That Shadow Revolution and Doppel-transport is CRAZY! haha Poor Robin getting her shadow taken.. I didn't expect that..
Finally, my favorite move by Sanji; Diablo Jambe was shown! :-D
Can't wait for Nightmare Luffy!
Jul 30, 2011 4:14 AM

Aug 2010
Luffy overpowered as fuck with all those shadows
Feb 1, 2012 6:39 PM

Jan 2012
even though the straw hats are slowly being taken out, i really liked this episode for its battle. everybody got a chance to shine, including their power ups from enies lobby, and even though that best wasn't enough, it was satisfying to see them fighting hard and putting forward their best. they all did well, and it was interesting!
Jul 19, 2012 7:00 PM

Sep 2010
Chopper just ate a rumble ball, he should have transformed into that furball defense thing.
Nov 11, 2012 8:00 AM

Mar 2010
Waiting for luffy to show up..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 3, 2012 3:34 AM

Nov 2012
Moria's Shadow Form Control ability is pretty wicked. Nightmare Luffy finally shows up the next episode.
Aug 8, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2012
chopper and sanji's teamwork was really good but oz is just too strong :(
when will luffy arrive??!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2013 6:08 PM

May 2012
The thunder arrow from Brook was awesome and it was great to see some action from Robin - although I think she should have thought of restraining Moria earlier - too bad she got defeated and her shadow stolen to boot. Luffy to the rescue in the next episode from the preview.

(I hope the salt is safe, it might still be useful)
Jan 23, 2014 6:29 PM

Dec 2012
insan3Spectre said:
Sure they are being annihilated, but seeing the Straw Hat's work together like this is very cool. Luffy needs to hurry the fuck up though, because seeing my favorite characters getting there asses handed to them makes me a sad panda.

Agree about Staw Hats working together. It's awesome! Hope to see a fight like that again :)
A hard to watch, but still a nice episode!
Sep 8, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
And now they took Robin's shadow come on Luffy.

Oct 4, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2014
Robin-chan's shadow got snatched up. That's all 4 of the top Strawhats' shadows gone.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 10, 2015 8:54 PM

Jun 2015
c'mon already 10 mins are up and 30 mins are also up, no luffy, no sunrise. WHAT BULLSHIT.
Aug 31, 2015 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
It's cool getting to see everyone join in on the fight and try to help.
Idk about the sub, but I'm watching it dubbed and Moria's laugh is the fucking worst thing in the world, "she sheee sheeee shee sheee she sheeee". Lmao
Jun 2, 2016 4:42 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
VK11 said:
[b]Alright, Moria's laugh is really starting to get on my nerves.

They almost all had horrible laughs in this ark ... I mean TB is for now one of my fav ark's but ... those laughs are waaaaay to ... jdawhdioawdjo *getting crazy*

Jul 24, 2016 3:57 AM

Mar 2015
Seriously Mora shut the fuck up

Leave it to One Piece to come up with the stupidest laughs
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 21, 2016 8:42 PM
Oct 2015
Oomyung said:
Chopper just ate a rumble ball, he should have transformed into that furball defense thing.

No shit, I believe 100% that chopper can end this shit. he's just not fighting to his full potential. the furball, the giant, choppers got it all.. even brains.. fuck
Mar 9, 2017 1:27 PM

May 2014
Everyone is getting their butts handed to them tho I'm pretty sure Zoro can fend Oars off until Nightmare Luffy makes his appearance!

This is gonna be great...I just wanna see what skills he's accumulated with 100 shadows stuffed into his body XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2018 11:41 AM

Jun 2016
I've really enjoyed the teamwork in these episodes.

Robin could have attacked Moria the second he was revealed but she only thought to once she learned he was the main power source of Oars. The way she tried to snap his neck cleanly like that with no hesitation is a testament to her brutality, it gave me Robin vs Yama vibes. But, Moria not only revealed his ridiculous power to control people's shadows to morph their bodies but also his crazy ability to switch places with his shadow. It led to an awesomely tense scene where Robin risked it all hoping that if she killed him his shadow would disappear, before having that not occur with the shadow still standing, and her shadow being stolen. However, this is the first time where I need to just accept a devil fruit power like this.

It's so ridiculous but it's cool and leads to an interesting fight so it's whatever... I'll just accept its ridiculousness and not think all that much about it since he did explain what he was able to do so luckily it doesn't feel like he can pull anything out of nowhere with his power. Plus, since shadows are their own thing in the One Piece universe we cannot say they just "don't work like that", where other characters have powers that we can infer would work certain ways, the fact that shadows are nothing like we understand means we can't just extrapolate what they are capable of and it makes me much more lenient to what's going on!

I suppose the way Moria made it into Oars was by sending his shadow into the cockpit and then switching places with it!

Brook's "there is no greater pain than being unable to repay a favour" was wonderful, that line says a lot about him. It can be seen with him wanting to repay the Straw Hats and specifically Zoro for getting his shadow back, but it can also be seen with the seriousness of him keeping his promise to Laboon. What a strong character. And of course, the attack itself was great.. even if after when he as attacked by Oars I'd imagine he'd be broken into little bits.

Chopper showed more teamwork by climbing on top of Oars and inspecting him for weaknesses while Oars and the others were distracted leading to him and Sanji working together to hurt his arm! I love the visual damage being done, the hole and the hoove impact mark are wonderful.

The way they're using teamwork to whittle down a seemingly impossible monster that cannot feel pain is just awesome! It's really like Moria is riding in a giant Luffy themed mech suit and to get to him they have to break it piece by piece by using incredible resolve and teamwork.

My favorite part was definitely the Robin scene I touched on earlier but the way this fight is nothing like anything before it makes it pretty darn cool. Thinking further, I have to wonder how they'll take Moria down. I had thought they could(or more likely Luffy could) get his body and his shadow and get him, so to say, between a rock and a hard place, otherwise he could just run away or deceive them further. But, to do that, Luffy will need to overcome brick bat and be able to manhandle that shadow of his. Perhaps he could just do what he did the first time and trick him into leaving himself open and hit him really hard, maybe even geared up so he can take him down in one clean blow. That said, they need Moria himself to give up and return the shadows so I really think we can't raw power through this and instead Moria will have to have his doppelganger taken out of the picture.
Jul 15, 2020 9:21 AM

May 2016
Everyone did great in cooperating with each other in their attempt to take Oars and Moria down but they proved to be too powerful for them to beat. Hopefully, their efforts were able to buy enough time and damaged the giant badly enough for Luffy so he wouldn't expend too much energy on a secondary target instead.

It was nice and scary to see Moria show what his Shadow-Shadow Fruit really is capable of. It's unfortunate that most of them are out of the fight now though...

May 24, 2021 1:08 PM

Jun 2019
Nooo... He took out Robin, Sanji, and Chopper as well.
Aug 8, 2021 7:41 AM

Aug 2021
I was waiting for Luffy this whole ep but he didn't show up till now
moria has a weird power right there
Sanji and Chopper also got taken down
Aug 18, 2022 1:45 PM

Apr 2018
Eh... Not sure why this episode sorta bothers me. Robin gets her shadow easily taken away like that. A lot of standing/shouting. Chopper and Sanji got beat up pretty badly (Oars Gattling Gun should've killed them but 'no one is going to die' logic). Lastly, Luffy is nowhere in sight again; everyone is basically 'helpless' without Luffy.
Don't get me wrong, I love the team cooperation, and I hope they can somehow manage to take down at least Oar without Luffy's help in this.
6AMDiaryAug 18, 2022 1:53 PM
May 30, 2023 1:18 AM
Oct 2019
Yeahh even Robin Shadow as well? 😢

Alright this Moria laugh is really getting in my nerve now.
Jul 29, 2023 1:41 PM

Oct 2019
Most of the Straw Hats are down ;p 
Sep 14, 2023 11:41 PM

Mar 2017
Loved Chopper this episode. To paraphrase him "just because you can't feel pain doesn't mean your body isn't taking damage"

Moria's laugh has been tolerable for me so far but now it's really starting to grate on me.

Luffy, your crew is taking a beating.. where the hell are you??
Feb 21, 9:59 AM

Jun 2017
Haha! Glad to know that I'm not the only one who got annoyed by Moria's laughter. 😂

Damn! Now I know how Moria suddenly appeared in Oars' stomach! He can switch places! He truly is a powerful opponent.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 12, 6:43 PM
Oct 2019
They explain why Oars didn’t have stretching powers but Moria can manipulate it to seem like he does. Based on this, I don’t understand why Absalom has his clear clear fruit powers. As I understand it, Absalom is a zombie. Unless the body ate the clear clear fruit and then retained the powers after becoming a death doll. Or Absalom ate the clear clear fruit after becoming a zombie. Seems inconsistent to me.

I thought they were going to fire Brook into Oars’ mouth with the salt bag. But the lighting move was pretty cool. Did everyone forget about the big salt bag? Everyone is coming up with new plans that don’t involve it.
Apr 20, 12:29 AM

Dec 2022
gotta love Chopper every time he goes super swole
May 1, 3:25 AM

Jun 2017
Sanji and Chopper should turn to paste after that beatdown
May 10, 10:37 AM

Apr 2024
Man they really nerfed Robin in this arc for some reason, now she's knocked out and out of commission. Also, maybe i have to check out the manga after this but i kept getting confused on Oars' actual size, like that Gattling move should've turned Sanji and Chopper to mince meat.
very sleep deprived

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 17, 2009

54 by Berry-Vodka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

55 by kyledluffy »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 18, 2010

118 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 239 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

37 by KonokoAsada »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 429 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kage-bunshin - Dec 5, 2009

53 by bakakisima »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.