Jan 2009
meshimoon said:
j0x said:
meshimoon said:
j0x said:
JavierR said:
its bromance cmon guys

agreed its bromance

anyone who thinks that gon and killua are gay for each other are just homophobic

come on sasuke and naruto kiss each other but people still call them males lol

please say you were trying to joke and just failed miserably

i was trying to joke about sasuke and naruto but im serious when i say people now a days are being homophobic

its just friendship between kids so you do not have to mix it with sexual intercourse right?

and btw if you still think their are lots of gay stuff on anime and you hate it then why still watch anime?

I'm assuming you do know what homophobia is, and you're still just trying to make some sort of miserable joke.

and gay =/= gay sex, when was anybody talking about sexual intercourse anyway? (at least i wasn't.. im ignoring all the comments on hisoka.)
and I bolded the parts in the first post that made me want to rip my throat out btw

oh and in reply to your above post, a good number of people that ship young-characters-that-are-close-friends generally don't automatically go to 'oh they b having steamy hot sex', they think they'd make a cute/good/interesting dynamic/couple (romantic~~ ooh, possibly with no mention of sex, ooh~ what a novel concept, like a million different types of media never did that before)

err im talking about the majority here, most people when talk about gay stuff just associate it with sexual activity too and thats why its easy to associate it with homophobia, just ask the OP and the MALE people calling gon and killua gay for each other and you will know their masculinity is threaten (im a male myself so i know what males definition of gay or BL is), if you are not one of the guilty party then do not bother quoting me then, and i just saw that you are a girl so you are easily out of the majority that im talking about
degFeb 4, 2013 3:13 PM
Feb 4, 2013 3:13 PM

Nov 2012
JavierR said:
x5exotic said:
JavierR said:
x5exotic said:
Agree with the 2 posts above. They obviously are indeed gay.

you're trying to hard. calm down.

I always do.

If you read the manga you'd see some moments that are similar to the tutorial ones :/

i will when it gets off hiatus.

>When it gets off hiatus.
>gets off hiatus
>off Hiatus
>Hiatus

which is never.
Also there's still a lot to cover so I don't see your logic in not reading the manga now.
Feb 4, 2013 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
Candor said:
^
If anything, Gintama has the best BL material for the fujoshi, it even beat Kuroko no Basuke. (according to a WSJump survey)

"Gintama/KnB/Toriko/Naruto..etc = BL" when?

Though I wonder why people are taking the matter that seriously.

True to that. But while Gintama does hint BL in a few of their omakes, they obviously do it for the lulz, having Shinpachi tsukkomi something like "WTF is this" to emphasize that it's just fanservice and nothing serious. Naruto did have BL moments as well; but like Gintama, it was obviously for the lulz (the anime didn't even air Sasuke and Sai nude). Kuroko no Basuke is a great fujoshi material but that's about it; in reality, it rarely shows anything romantic whatsoever. Like I said, I have no problems with HxH BL as long as it doesn't go mainstream anime. Toriko, at least, does not feed the fujoshi with BL; I expect HxH to at least do the same.

And while I really don't feel the need to take this issue seriously, I just want to rant. I understand though why some men are homophobes (not to the people themselves but to the relationship) :P
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 4, 2013 3:31 PM
Jul 2012
alexx_310 said:
JavierR said:
x5exotic said:
JavierR said:
x5exotic said:

I always do.

If you read the manga you'd see some moments that are similar to the tutorial ones :/

>gets off hiatus
>off Hiatus
>Hiatus

which is never.
Also there's still a lot to cover so I don't see your logic in not reading the manga now.

I don't want to read the manga now because I don't want to read the manga now, and I will read it when it gets off hiatus because I want to read it when it gets hiatus. Do you understand now?
Feb 4, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2012
JavierR said:
alexx_310 said:
JavierR said:
x5exotic said:
JavierR said:
x5exotic said:

I always do.

>gets off hiatus
>off Hiatus
>Hiatus

which is never.

I don't want to read the manga now because I don't want to read the manga now, and I will read it when it gets off hiatus because I want to read it when it gets hiatus. Do you understand now?

But that's retarded you don't even have to read through everything there's like 200 chapters.
The series is going to be on constant Hiatus so I guess you'll never pick it up.
Feb 4, 2013 3:49 PM
Jul 2012
I'm still watching the anime, so that'll do for now.
Feb 4, 2013 11:58 PM

Dec 2007
fanimanga said:
j0x said:
ofcourse i know about asexuality, its just for the majority of people saying Gay means their is sexual intercourse between same sex along with romance

i see. yeah, that most probably the reason why the hypocrites are up to arms about the gon/killua subtext. they automatically equate "romance" with "sex". jeez.

You're splitting hairs, methinks. Because while romance and sex aren't necessarily the same thing, they do tend to go hand in hand. You're trying to argue otherwise for the sake of your point. That or you've watched way too many anime, which tends to lie to the precious internet people who don't know any better.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 5, 2013 1:18 AM

Jan 2013
lmao this threads getting a lot of posts. hisoka definitely makes a few "homosexual" remarks like when he looks at Gon and Killua's ass in GI. Im reading chimera ant right now only a few chapters in. I mean honestly so far Gon has been kinda selfish haha.
Feb 5, 2013 4:42 AM
May 2012
Bigbuffoon said:
If anything, "romance" is more equated to "intimacy" than "sex", with sex being a subset of intimacy overall. There were no scenes between Gon and Killua that you could truly consider to be "intimate" IMO.

Oh well, fangirls gotta squeal and haters (like me) gotta hate, cuz I don't like BL in my shounen :-|
Out of curiosity, what do you consider as intimate things two people do with each other or one person does to another?

SageShinigami said:
You're splitting hairs, methinks. Because while romance and sex aren't necessarily the same thing, they do tend to go hand in hand. You're trying to argue otherwise for the sake of your point. That or you've watched way too many anime, which tends to lie to the precious internet people who don't know any better.
Ok, then. So when little boys and girls start expressing romantic interest to another, they actually want to have sex too. That's nice. Try harder next time. Maybe factor important bits such as age, experience, history, psyche, maturity and health before making/using a general/sweeping statement. Also, you =/= other people.

ps. The operative keyword here is "tend" which means usually and pertains more to normal (psychologically sound) and healthy people.
pps. Killua and Gon (actually, all HxH characters) are anything but normal.
ppps. Try to leave your condescension next time you reply. Otherwise, I'll reply in kind.

dextronaut said:
lmao this threads getting a lot of posts. hisoka definitely makes a few "homosexual" remarks like when he looks at Gon and Killua's ass in GI. Im reading chimera ant right now only a few chapters in. I mean honestly so far Gon has been kinda selfish haha.

If you pay close attention, Gon is quite manipulative and have a knack for finding weaknesses and exploiting it.
Feb 5, 2013 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
fanimanga said:

If you pay close attention, Gon is quite manipulative and have a knack for finding weaknesses and exploiting it.

yeah Ive noticed a few, maybe even quite a few times when Gon has completely disregarded Killua's feelings or is more or less using him. I mean, Gon does say "thank you," but I dont think he shows his appreciation nearly as much as he should. Killua's like his personal slave almost. Well, I dont think down on Killua like that, I think he deserves more credit kid is a beast! and after all the shit he went through and can still smile, HE should be worried about himself not Gon worrying about himself. but I hear it gets worse as chimera ant arc progresses so I guess Ill see.

and to the reference to the whole BL thing, like I doubt either one of them like are "romantically" attracted to one another, and most definitely not "sexually." So far, they just seem like friends pretty much. more so killua being worried about Gon then Gon being worried about Killua, but I mean that doesnt really mean anything. look what killua's been through anyway, im sure he's glad to go on an adventure and have a friend. I KNOW Ive seen a couple "homosexual" things in the "hunterPedia" or whatever after the credits, like gon gave killua a kiss on the cheek, and just the most recent '11 episode gon goes "YOU can look in my book anytime, killua" with that funny face but you can tell its a joke by how killua reacts. and you must remember, THAT isnt canon. but obv togashi does poke fun possibly, he did it with hisoka a few times, and there was that homosexual couple in Yu Yu so you know its not unexpected. who the hell cares? Its definitely not BL, its shounen.
Feb 6, 2013 1:25 AM
Nov 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
Fujoshi find hints of BL in everything.

lol, true
Feb 6, 2013 1:28 PM
Jan 2013
So young boys can't be friends any more without hinting a BL content??? I think Killua and Gon's friendship is just one of the best friendship's in anime...there's no need to put a BL meaning to that.
Feb 10, 2013 9:22 AM

Mar 2009
So when Gon, Killua and Hisoka have their inevitable threesome, does this mean people are going to drop Hunter x Hunter just like they did with Shin Sekai Yori?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=519471
Feb 10, 2013 9:27 AM
Oct 2011
Hey, can we stop bumping the thread already? -_-
Mar 17, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
Late for the thread:

Killua on his latest actions are dangerously crossing into homoerotic territory.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/HunterXHunter

And

Itsuki and Sensui are gay.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Mar 17, 2014 10:55 PM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
Hey, can we stop bumping the thread already? -_-
Nope
Mar 17, 2014 11:37 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't know this thread existed.

Just wait for when the anime adapts ch.299 a.k.a the gayest chapter in Shounen Jump history.
Mar 17, 2014 11:56 PM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:

Just wait for when the anime adapts ch.299 a.k.a the gayest chapter in Shounen Jump history.

you are trying way too hard.

OT: If this were BL, god knows what two main characters kissing means for a certain other show.
Mar 18, 2014 12:24 AM

Dec 2012
TonyTonyStark said:
tsudecimo said:

OT: If this were BL, god knows what two main characters kissing means for a certain other show.

?
Mar 18, 2014 12:29 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
TonyTonyStark said:
tsudecimo said:

?

Its obvious he is refering to Naruto.
Mar 18, 2014 12:42 AM

Dec 2012
I got that. I didn't get the ''trying hard'' part.
Mar 18, 2014 3:08 AM

Jan 2014
All I'll say is: just don't type gon and killua's names together on Google looking for a cool image. You'll find regrettable things instead....
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 18, 2014 3:32 AM

May 2013
Meh personally I don't see it, I mean Gon and Killua are 12/13 year old kids. Does every friendship between 2 males have to be BL?

Dont understand why Madhouse and the 99 makers are putting them in weird situations. Lets take the 99 ed 2, not only did they make Gon/Killua and Leorio/Kurapika watch a romantic the sunset together but even Hisoka and Illumi were not save, to top that off illumi is wearing what looks like a skirt. WTF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1ZT9I2pSM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 18, 2014 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, I noticed a lot of stuff, that I didn't before reading this thread. Maybe Togashi has a unique sense of humor and likes to mess with his fans?
Mar 18, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2008
You people are disgusting...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 18, 2014 8:02 AM

Nov 2012
Antanaru said:

This. people and their dirty minds these days .. *sigh*
Mar 18, 2014 8:18 AM

Mar 2013
HxH=Naruto-Pokemon
Mar 18, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2011
They do call it Hunter X Hunter for a reason.

Mar 18, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
Antanaru said:

I know right just what the fk ._.
Mar 18, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
iLostReason said:
Antanaru said:

I know right just what the fk ._.

Guys, look at earlier post (on pages 1 and 2) of this thread. Apparently there are hints (esp with Hisoka) and Togashi made them even more blatant in the manga. So, BL hints are actually canon, the anime has toned it down a bit

Mar 18, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
NO
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Mar 18, 2014 2:18 PM

Dec 2012
Dumb topic. OP must have been bored when this was made.
Uber_DewberMar 18, 2014 2:23 PM
Mar 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2010
Mar 18, 2014 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
Early puberty stage
Mar 18, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2011
@op

Yes Hisoka x Gon is cannon
Mar 18, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Meh personally I don't see it, I mean Gon and Killua are 12/13 year old kids. Does every friendship between 2 males have to be BL?

Dont understand why Madhouse and the 99 makers are putting them in weird situations. Lets take the 99 ed 2, not only did they make Gon/Killua and Leorio/Kurapika watch a romantic the sunset together but even Hisoka and Illumi were not save, to top that off illumi is wearing what looks like a skirt. WTF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1ZT9I2pSM

Yah.. That ED is full of BL hints. It's like a shounen ai ending theme..
F0XFIRE said:

Mar 18, 2014 5:00 PM

Feb 2012
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Every friendship doesn't have to be BL, but also why not? why are you only questioning one way not the other way around?

Killua does loves Gon deeply and held Gon to an ideal place that's a bit more than normal friendship. That's enough bases for some people to ship those two.

If you think BL shipping must be doing with sex, that's your own problem.
Some people only see BL as platonic loves and friendship.

What about the people shipping King/Komugi? There's no sex nor really gender involved between those two's connection, they bonded over non typical romantic things. Not because one is male one is female. Not because there's physical attraction and sexual appeal. Yet no one is saying that ship is disgusting. No one is making a huge fuss about "does every rivalry/bonding between 2 people have to be romantic?" Hypocrite?
Mar 18, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2012
If I didn't know any better, I would've thought this show was a yaoi

SolBlade said:
They do call it Hunter X Hunter for a reason.
Mar 18, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2013
Killua and Gon love each other, definitely, just not in the romantic sense.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 18, 2014 5:51 PM

Feb 2011
MrAM said:

I agree, Gon and Killua have a wonderful bond of friendship not in a romantic sense, the fans should knowledge that already.
Mar 18, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2014
sweetangie said:
MrAM said:

I agree, Gon and Killua have a wonderful bond of friendship not in a romantic sense, the fans should knowledge that already.

Killua has a one-sided bond of romantic friendship with Gon, though.
F0XFIRE said:

Mar 18, 2014 6:58 PM

Mar 2012
they are friends and that's it.
Mar 18, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
You people are way to sensible for BL, or you are craving for it?
LowKey said:
its bromance cmon guys
+1
Mar 18, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2014
Gon and Killua for life. Let's die for this ship.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/102/2/6/killua_x_gon_by_yorusorayukihime-d61ft7l.jpg
F0XFIRE said:

Mar 19, 2014 4:53 AM

Nov 2013
What the fuck is wrong with you people? Weird motherfuckas who always bring up shit like this. Slow down, they're 12 ffs.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 19, 2014 4:56 AM

Sep 2012
Yea, WTF is wrong with you suck fucks? Everybody knows that they're too young to catch teh gay!
Mar 19, 2014 5:01 AM

Dec 2012
Red_Keys said:
Yea, WTF is wrong with you suck fucks? Everybody knows that they're too young to catch teh gay!

Exactly. Some shippers are just disgusting. Apparently normal friendship doesn't exist in Shounen.

The biggest problem here is that it's hard for me to look up some nice doujin art of the few female characters in the series, without encountering a plethora of Killua x Gon revolting atrocious fan art. Seriously.
Mar 19, 2014 7:18 AM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:
Red_Keys said:

Exactly. Some shippers are just disgusting. Apparently normal friendship doesn't exist in Shounen.

The biggest problem here is that it's hard for me to look up some nice doujin art of the few female characters in the series, without encountering a plethora of Killua x Gon revolting atrocious fan art. Seriously.

Oh I get it, so the real reason behind all the eww BL are : how dare silly girls' fantasy art of BL shipping get in the way of my looking up female character eye candy/fapping materials. ;)
Mar 19, 2014 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
You wouldn't get the post, unless you are familiar with Red Keys.

My serious opinion is the problem with that, is the fact they are 12yr kids, that's the real problem. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

But it does cause nuisance, when I want to see some sexy Pakunoda fan art. Damn she is hot.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.