Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2008 2:21 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You think Sayoko has fallen for Keiichi? Maybe, maybe not :3
Mar 15, 2009 3:46 AM

Oct 2008
aero said:
You think Sayoko has fallen for Keiichi? Maybe, maybe not :3

Hmm, that's weird. I didn't really think of it like that before. But now that you mention it to really is another side of Sayoko that we see in this episode. Back in the first season I would have attributed her attitude toward Keiichi as an attempt to keep Belldandy from taking here title. But she seems kind of lonely now--almost sweeter in this episode. I don't know if this is a character change or not though.
Apr 22, 2009 12:12 AM

Dec 2008
lol sayako's reasoning behind her emptiness seemed absurd at first.
but then she let go of her feelings, if only for that day.

"sayako: i hate you
belldandy: i like you a lot"

heh maybe belldandy is too good, but then again, that's why her title fits her.
Aug 14, 2009 8:24 AM

Jun 2009
Sayoko just wants all the boys for him, I don't think she really likes Keichi
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 15, 2009 10:10 PM

Jun 2009
Too vague to tell =P At times you think she really does enjoy K's company, though she doesn't know why, other times you think shes just doing it for the "reason" she gives "at first". But she also seems very jealous of the relationship Belldandy and K share. I tend to lean toward her having at least slight feelings for K, even if she hasn't come to terms with those feelings yet.
Dec 9, 2009 8:27 AM

Jun 2008
I think she's only starting to like Keichi since he's matured as a result of his relationship with Belldandy.

RtheO
Dec 9, 2009 8:41 AM

Jun 2008
zinvince said:
I look at it that Keiichi originally had an interest in her. She loved the attention. But as soon as Belldandy came into the scene she wasn't getting the attention. So she started to do things to get his attention, and each time he turned her down.

Diva's love attention.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 27, 2010 12:26 PM

Sep 2008
Mamiko Noto will always be my queen. No real guys exist like Keiichi, seriously, it's Mamiko Noto; how dumb can characters get?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2010 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
Sayoko just can't stand it that there's one guy who isn't into her.
Mar 6, 2011 7:13 PM

Feb 2011
i think sayoko has really fall for K, just that she tends to get things easily
that's why she gave him up that fast and she already know she has no match for belldandy.. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sayoko: I hate you!
Belldandy: I like you

hohohoee,,,,,,
Jul 6, 2011 2:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yay, Sayoko is back. The episodes with her are all really good.

Deep down, I don't think she loves Keiichi as such. But she really wants to once again have his attention so she can feel as the real "queen" again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 10, 2012 10:30 PM

Jul 2011
Marzan said:

Deep down, I don't think she loves Keiichi as such. But she really wants to once again have his attention so she can feel as the real "queen" again.

Agreed I don't think she actually cares for him either. I think it's part as you said she wants the attention and is jealous of Belldandy and the other part because he turned her down, which seperates him from other guys she knows. The unobtainable always has it's appeals. I almost thought she did care when she started making the sweater, but rather than put the time and effort in she reverted to the easy route of just going out and buying it. That to me spoke volumes on her actual feelings.

Aug 29, 2012 1:10 AM

Apr 2011
Glad to see Sayoko again, I think she may have some type of feelings deep down for Keiichi, but I don't think even she has realized that. It's hinted by the part where they were walking and she said she even liked walking with him.

I was glad to see Belldandy so happy, and oh, it was badass when Belldandy said "Even so, I will always love you" to Sayoko. Just as God will always love us, a Goddess will always love them. That's what it reminded me of at least, such a warm feeling.
Jun 26, 2014 5:07 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice xmas themed episode, this might actually get into a love triangle maybe?
Oct 15, 2014 9:23 PM

Jul 2013
Now I feel bad for Sayoko.. but well at least she's developing into a better person.
Jan 5, 2015 3:58 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, poor Mishima. I wished I had sympathy for her, but I don't.
Her rationale for wanting a relationship with Keiichi is for dominance.
She wants what she can't get. Might as well steal every taken guy on campus.
Props to Keiichi for friend-zoning her.

Also, I think the animation quality in this season is way more consistent.
mell4444Jan 5, 2015 4:06 AM
Feb 17, 2015 5:48 AM
Dec 2011
oh... this is great keiichi and bell's bond is shinning more than ever before right from the start i have been waiting for this... now i actually feel the love that they feel for each other ... keiichi is such a gentleman and i love the way he is strait with sayoko... also URD is awesome as usual ...

well for sayoko i think i know what keiichi felt " she is not true to her heart" i think she has a crush on keiichi because is honest , true to her but she denies this and liying to herself because of this her actions aren't true enough but i admire her for trying her best to not playing dirty anymore and it is a cool moment when she said she trust bell for a being a honest women and the moment when sayoko told bell " i hate your guts" !

sayoko can't be true to her genuine self hope she grows up soon. maybe because sayoko knows she likes something she cant ever have and saving herself from heart ache :3
Jan 27, 2016 12:56 AM

Sep 2012
Sayoko likes Keiichi no doubt. Keiichi is too oblivious to women feelings though.
Dec 29, 2017 4:01 AM

Sep 2012
Zinvinz said:
Dodecahedron-O24 said:
zinvince said:
I look at it that Keiichi originally had an interest in her. She loved the attention. But as soon as Belldandy came into the scene she wasn't getting the attention. So she started to do things to get his attention, and each time he turned her down.

Diva's love attention.
Zell182 said:
Sayoko just can't stand it that there's one guy who isn't into her.
Farabeuf said:

rekindledflame said:
Marzan said:

Agreed I don't think she actually cares for him either. I think it's part as you said she wants the attention and is jealous of Belldandy and the other part because he turned her down, which seperates him from other guys she knows. The unobtainable always has it's appeals. I almost thought she did care when she started making the sweater, but rather than put the time and effort in she reverted to the easy route of just going out and buying it. That to me spoke volumes on her actual feelings.
Naccho said:
Oh, poor Mishima. I wished I had sympathy for her, but I don't.
Her rationale for wanting a relationship with Keiichi is for dominance.
She wants what she can't get. Might as well steal every taken guy on campus.
Props to Keiichi for friend-zoning her.

Also, I think the animation quality in this season is way more consistent.

considering her reactions when she is with him i say ur wrong, she says that only to convince herself that she is not in love & in past S1 she tried to get him cause of that reason but chasing after him has made her fall for him cause hes not so simple minded lame losers like the guys circling around her & that's one thing that attracted her to him

i have seen this before a playboy chases after a woman that resists him resting even makes her more attractive to him & he ends up falling for her hard & cause in the end she accepts him & that changes him & stays faithful, ofc i cant remember where i so that story

but loosing like this will make her dark side come back & she seem to act like she use to

i tend to answer old posts when i feel like it :D

giraffesyo said:
Glad to see Sayoko again, I think she may have some type of feelings deep down for Keiichi, but I don't think even she has realized that. It's hinted by the part where they were walking and she said she even liked walking with him.

I was glad to see Belldandy so happy, and oh, it was badass when Belldandy said "Even so, I will always love you" to Sayoko. Just as God will always love us, a Goddess will always love them. That's what it reminded me of at least, such a warm feeling.

i agree

lakshika said:
oh... this is great keiichi and bell's bond is shinning more than ever before right from the start i have been waiting for this... now i actually feel the love that they feel for each other ... keiichi is such a gentleman and i love the way he is strait with sayoko... also URD is awesome as usual ...

well for sayoko i think i know what keiichi felt " she is not true to her heart" i think she has a crush on keiichi because is honest , true to her but she denies this and liying to herself because of this her actions aren't true enough but i admire her for trying her best to not playing dirty anymore and it is a cool moment when she said she trust bell for a being a honest women and the moment when sayoko told bell " i hate your guts" !

sayoko can't be true to her genuine self hope she grows up soon. maybe because sayoko knows she likes something she cant ever have and saving herself from heart ache :3

little bit wrong she fell for him cause hes not so simple minded lame losers like the guys circling around her (cause of her money & looks) & that's one thing that attracted her to him + what u said
Sugram22Dec 29, 2017 4:22 AM
Jan 9, 2019 10:30 PM
Dec 2018
Okay I am late to post but I loved this episode.... Too much feeling.
Feb 17, 2019 6:03 PM

Nov 2017
Aww, I kind of feel bad for Sayoko. She's an affluent, college-educated beauty, but doesn't have a special someone and all the attention she gets doesn't fill the void. Well, I guess that's what can happen when you feel entitled a good chunk of your life. It's nice she's becoming more self-aware though.

&++ Belldandy showing once again why she's the sweetest an... goddess in the anime world
May 6, 2019 4:52 AM

Oct 2007
maybe Sayoko likes Keichi because he's the only one who treats her differently?

anyway, glad she gave back the sweater
Mar 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Apr 2013
Well maybe Sayoko should stop focusing on money so much if she wants a decent boyfriend.
Apr 13, 2021 2:40 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, a Sayoko episode for the beginning of the season was needed. I like her mini development. But damn, even considering to steal the sweater was evil af xD

Belldandy was hella cute, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2022 6:48 PM

Sep 2020
Belldandy killing em with kindness! All this sweetness is really kicking up the diabetes!

Great seeing Sayoko in the forefront. I don't think she truly has romantic feelings for Keiichi (yet), but she's starting to come around with the more she's seeing of his good qualities that Belldandy is bringing out.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 12 Discussion

aero - Oct 8, 2008

22 by observer80 »»
Oct 12, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Oct 15, 2008

31 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 27, 2022 9:35 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 21 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 10, 2008

20 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 27, 2022 9:19 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 10, 2008

23 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 27, 2022 9:13 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Sorezore no Tsubasa Episode 19 Discussion

Ranivus - Jul 10, 2008

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.