Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2012 3:14 AM

Aug 2010
So I was right, it was nano.RIPE after all. Well, it wasn't as utterly horrible as the HI songs, but I would be glad if I never heard you again. The ED was actually good though. Moving on...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got some SHAFT-vibes from this show, even the guy reminded me of some strange amalgam of Ararararagi/Meme.

The script could certainly use a little more work on it, but overall it was an interesting episode. Looking forward to the next! 4/5.
Apr 6, 2012 3:14 AM
Dec 2009
uhh.. its good, but the sudden zombie transformation was definitely ehhh, so.. did she get into an accident or something, cause the first episode is leaving me hanging.. NOT COOL, how they ended the episode was a downer for me but i do like the story and the characters.. but this is really forcing me to watch episode 2, i don't have the feeling of wanting to see it, but the feeling that i have to see it. not yet hooked, i feel like i'm getting baited, hopefully i'll actually want to watch the whole series by the end of the next episode..
JKApr 6, 2012 3:18 AM
tag©.androgynous
Apr 6, 2012 3:15 AM

Oct 2010
shadowtsunami said:
First impression. The animation is really awesome. I will like how they made it look in the night, and the color palette is bland either. The sound is also pretty good. I don't really care for the op, but I like the ed. The story is interesting as well. Especially when she goes
. I was like wtf, and wasn't expecting that.
Yeah in regards to your spoiler, that's one heck of a shit to have in your brain as a father figure.

I know better with manga power but still lame excuse of father to do the shit in your spoiler.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 6, 2012 3:22 AM

Dec 2011
I had no idea that this was DEENs doing. I thought it was SHAFT.
Kudos, DEEN.

Great first episode. I thought Rea was getting a somewhat deeper voice, no idea why I thought that, though.
Apr 6, 2012 3:25 AM

Jan 2011
GodlyKyon said:
For a SHAFT series, this one isn't completely killed off the bat!

Hmm?
Apr 6, 2012 3:28 AM

Aug 2009
dbaranyi said:
Now the question will be - what can the animation team achieve in so few episodes, particularly when the manga is still on-going?

Right now 27 chapters are out. If they cover 20, that would be great: the 20th chapter would be a great culmination moment. What is more there would be option for a continuation. However, on the offical web-site, there is no Darin in the cast. So it is hard to say, what Deen gonna do :|
Apr 6, 2012 3:30 AM

May 2010
Great Pre-air episode, my most awaited anime since reading the manga.

BTW Yumekichi can I request some GIF's of Rea-chan? specially when she blushes? :)
Apr 6, 2012 3:32 AM

Feb 2012
Seems good, wonder how it's going to turn out.
Apr 6, 2012 3:33 AM

Nov 2008
GodlyKyon said:
For a SHAFT series, this one isn't completely killed off the bat!

uh... I have to say that Rea was as pretty as in the manga. but I see no Darin, my favorite heroine in this OP, why?

My guess is that they will end the anime before Darleen's appearance.
Apr 6, 2012 3:36 AM

Mar 2011
I hope they dont ruin the awesome story the manga has...
Anyways, great first episode. This is something thats gonna be a must watch this season.
Apr 6, 2012 3:36 AM

Jan 2010
prepare for zombie apocalypse!
Apr 6, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2010
JK said:
uhh.. its good, but the sudden zombie transformation was definitely ehhh, so.. did she get into an accident or something, cause the first episode is leaving me hanging.. NOT COOL, how they ended the episode was a downer for me but i do like the story and the characters.. but this is really forcing me to watch episode 2, i don't have the feeling of wanting to see it, but the feeling that i have to see it. not yet hooked, i feel like i'm getting baited, hopefully i'll actually want to watch the whole series by the end of the next episode..

Well the sudden Rea-chan severely injured and zombie transformation is totally out of place but I must say it is definitely a cliffhanger, especially to those non-manga readers.

Yumekichi11 said:
shadowtsunami said:
First impression. The animation is really awesome. I will like how they made it look in the night, and the color palette is bland either. The sound is also pretty good. I don't really care for the op, but I like the ed. The story is interesting as well. Especially when she goes
. I was like wtf, and wasn't expecting that.
Yeah in regards to your spoiler, that's one heck of a shit to have in your brain as a father figure.

I know better with manga power but still lame excuse of father to do the shit in your spoiler.

Yeah, that's really a lame excuse for a father to be looking at her daughter's grownup figure. He's totally obsessed with her, well the reason was revealed in manga though but still I couldn't accept that.
Apr 6, 2012 3:46 AM

Aug 2009
dbaranyi said:
My guess is that they will end the anime before Darleen's appearance.

Unfortunately, there is (huge) possibility you are correct :(
Apr 6, 2012 3:59 AM

Apr 2011
just finished watching the 1st ep :) It was cool :) I'll read the manga later..xD
Apr 6, 2012 4:06 AM

Jan 2011
Awww hell yeah, Sankarea's first episode and man did I fucking love it. Highly anticipating this Anime for months ever since I first found out about it around this time last year. Freaking love the manga so an Anime adaptation is what I wanted. Those close-up shots with Rea were so good, Rea's cute as and her voice. <3 Meru is also cute, damn HER voice is just... loli material :D Furuya's voice actually suits his character.

Seems like they started the episode differently from the manga but it was still great. Pacing was good, no rushing or awkwardness. Though, I would have liked Wanko appearing in front of Furuya and his friends during school. That was hilarious in the manga. xD

Well first episode of Sankarea, loved it heaps. 5/5
Fridays are awesome again.
Apr 6, 2012 4:24 AM

Jun 2010
Good Job Studio Deen. Good Job Lantis. Well done, Soundtrack Openings, Endings are great. The delivery is great and yeah, Rea and the Imouto is more moe now :D:D:D!! My expectations were meet!
Apr 6, 2012 4:31 AM

Feb 2012
I'm very impressed with the adaptation, I seriously have no complaints, animated and voiced Rea is even more adorable. I also like the OP and ED, the latter one adds a serious tone which is pretty damn right, Sankarea might be often funny but it has a lot of drama going on.
Easily my favorite anime of this season so far and will probably stay up there unless they screw Tasogare up or Hyouka sucks. If you would excuse me now, I have the urge to read Sankarea all over again.
Apr 6, 2012 4:37 AM
Aug 2011
Put Furuya in High School Of The Dead and see how long he lasts. Or would he create a immortal harem army?

Kore Wa Zombie X Sankarea Crossover = AyumuXFuruya
Apr 6, 2012 4:38 AM

Dec 2010
Well directed, good music and great animation. Really wasn't expecting this from DEEN.

Let's hope they keep this up...
Apr 6, 2012 4:44 AM

Dec 2011
iHeartTsugumi said:
BTW Yumekichi can I request some GIF's of Rea-chan? specially when she blushes? :)
I second this! Hehe.
Apr 6, 2012 4:45 AM

Dec 2010
Loved it, one of my most anticipated shows of the season. And Rea is already turning into my favourite girl of the season.
Apr 6, 2012 4:48 AM

Aug 2010
I was anticipating this one the most and I'm really happy with it so far. Seems like the two characters will have an interesting relationship.
Apr 6, 2012 5:01 AM

Dec 2011
Wow amazing ending to that ep. She was a zombie! I really love the OP and ED songs.

Imma change my avatar to Sanka Rea if I can get a good picture.
Apr 6, 2012 5:07 AM

Aug 2009
Really good show so far! ^^
Apr 6, 2012 5:31 AM

Apr 2011
yhep! It was amazing :) I'll rate it 10 of 10..xD
Apr 6, 2012 5:34 AM
Aug 2011
Loved this episode ^^

Thanks to my friend for recommended this series =)
Apr 6, 2012 6:01 AM

Feb 2008
This is probably my favourite show of the reason. The visuals were vibrant and the story seems to be developing rather nicely as well.
Apr 6, 2012 6:23 AM

Apr 2010
Deen QUALITY, where are you!?
Apr 6, 2012 6:35 AM

Oct 2011
DAMN IT this episode was awesome! i absolutely loved the art and the music. Rea looked just too beautiful >< Loved the protagonist too; his designs seem so unique and so is his personality!

5/5
Apr 6, 2012 6:40 AM

Oct 2011
Interesting, to say the least.
Apr 6, 2012 7:03 AM
Jun 2008
oh my indeed yea so um cat ears hair boy want a zombie girlfriend?

yet met a sankarea ok then let see how this series for this whole cat ears hair boy & zombie love?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Apr 6, 2012 7:06 AM
Apr 2012
JK said:
It's a very good series so far even though she
Apr 6, 2012 7:08 AM

Nov 2009
Hmm... I smelled SHAFT. Got surprised it's not don by them xD.

5/5
Apr 6, 2012 7:10 AM

Jan 2010
I'm definitely interested so far. Hopefully this series will be longer than 12 episodes.
Apr 6, 2012 7:16 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well the zombie in this series is much more like those in Shikabane Hime... without the seals...

In other words, they are somewhat closer to the "came back wrong" trope...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 6, 2012 7:32 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah, this is good stuff. Animation may not be the best but still good for a Deen series.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Apr 6, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2012
Not a fan of Furuya's design -- I suppose his eyes suit him well, but I can't stand to look at his cat-ear hair.

All in all not a bad episode.
Apr 6, 2012 7:44 AM

Mar 2011
This was a good episode and wasn't rushed. The op was fun to listen to and there's a cute loli kuudere and other likable characters. I hope the kitty comes back to life though.
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Apr 6, 2012 7:52 AM

Apr 2010
Wow, it feels like a SHAFT anime, but it is not shit like a SHAFT anime. I like this a LOT. Amazing first episode. I have a good feeling I will love this series from start to finish.
Apr 6, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
Better than I expected! I bet Baabu gets resurrected.

I love his hair; cat ears!

So far, the most interesting anime I've watched this season.
Apr 6, 2012 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
The only thing that bothers me on this is that Sanka has flushed cheeks almost all the time, is it really necessary? Besides that, looks like it'll be a good adaptation.
Apr 6, 2012 8:50 AM

Feb 2009
>Eye closeups
>Fancy scenery
>Camera panning and slow shots
>Seems to be something from SHAFT
>actually DEEN
What?!

I'm very much impressed by this first episode. A bit slow but nonetheless good introduction of all the characters. And my god, Rea's seiyuu is awesome for a newbie.
Wow. Definitely blew my expectations even though this only has limited materials. Hope this kind of quality persists for each episode.
Apr 6, 2012 8:53 AM

Dec 2007
I can't get over his hair looking like damn cat ears.
Apr 6, 2012 9:14 AM

Aug 2009
KazukiUchiha said:
Wow, it feels like a SHAFT anime, but it is not shit like a SHAFT anime.

FYI SHAFT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DEEN

I Havent watched a deen anime since the rape that was umineko.But Sankarea looks good as an adaption both in story and animation.Since their way of making anime sucks they decided to use Shaft's in order to sell...sounds like a good plan
Apr 6, 2012 9:25 AM
Nov 2010
I like the art and the animation...
The story seems interesting, too... And so do the two main characters so far...
Apr 6, 2012 9:34 AM

Feb 2012
This was a nice ep. Rea kinda looks like Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke. AKA, she's KAWAIIIIIIIII~~~ :D

5/5 first ep. Can't wait to see more! Will definitely read the manga after the series is done.
Apr 6, 2012 9:37 AM

Dec 2011
Out of all the spring debuts I've seen so far, this one is definitely the best! Looks very unique and nice, and I'm already a fan of Furuya.

And it definitely felt like SHAFT, I was confused when I figured out it's not made by them.
Apr 6, 2012 9:45 AM

Feb 2009
FYI then.
The director is involved in some SHAFT animes and did some storyboards directed episodes.
Specific shows would be Arakawa under the Bridge, Denpa Onna, Hidamari and Madoka.
Here's his profile on ANN. He's not yet on MAL though.
Apr 6, 2012 9:51 AM

Sep 2011
Fabrice said:
Didnt expect i to be like this.. Kinda meh tbh..
well think will watch it.

She's so innocent, I bet you someone can easily rape her../

WOH WOH WOH WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

seriously this comment was all just fine and dandy and he just drops the precision F-strike on us....WHY? was that really necessary to say?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 6, 2012 9:52 AM

Feb 2012
I hope the Characters & Voice actors section gets completed. Really curious who voiced the MC's cousin. She sounded so familiar!
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.