Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 23, 2010 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
I feel like such a horrible person for saying this, but I was REALLY glad that she killed those kids!!!

Poor dog...

Jun 23, 2010 10:10 AM

Jan 2010
well,i'm not sad that she killed those guys,they would've probably become criminals/rapists or something :\

but the dog...f**** kids

5/5,i'm glad that we get to see some of Lucy's past :)

PS:i'm glad that that the funny researcher didn't get killed :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 13, 2010 5:35 AM

Jun 2009
hmmm...

It's funny how there can be 100 men die and no one mention a thing, but when a puppy dies, the whole forum is in rage...

I'm pretty disturbed by the kids too... I mean... dude...

Lepchin17 said:
Jesus Christ. What the hell is wrong with those kids?

my thoughts exactly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2010 6:09 AM

Jul 2010
same here ôo first that little shine of hope that she might get a friend and than THAT..when they hit the puppy i was like "kill them..kill them..kill them..". still hate these brats >.< i have a dog myself so maybe thats why i was so furious about that
Jul 23, 2010 2:45 AM

Mar 2008
I'm not sure how I felt while watching it.. the anime just feels too surreal for me..
It's like I'm empty, undescribeable angry.. I will never ever watch this show again once I finished it.. but that doesn't mean it's not good.. It's just a bit too much for me to handle..
Jul 28, 2010 9:48 AM

May 2010
This episode is beyond animal cruelty..Hearing that dog cry is tearing my emotions apart..

I got angry at the same time felt sad..But when Lucy released her hatred,

that kid at the back holding Lucy got pwned directly and exploded.. O_o

Although that's what I really want Lucy to do but I feel disturbed that I'm thinking

bad for others.. Really thought-provoking episode..
Jul 28, 2010 9:49 AM

May 2010
Edit: Sorry, double post.
StormViruzJul 28, 2010 9:53 AM
Aug 20, 2010 11:31 PM

Feb 2010
Fuck. This shit is hard.

On to the next episode. And, not to jump on the bandwagon, I will absolutely see this series only one time.

Edit: Oh, and there's a word for what those kinds are: Sociopaths. Google it if you don't know what it is. They would absolutely grow up to be fucked.
Oct 17, 2010 8:08 AM

Sep 2010
a solid 5/5
dam those kids are messed in the head
this sure does explain why lucy wants to annihilate humanity
But the topics that emerge throughout the series are so dark that my conscience gets really troubled afterwards.

Oct 20, 2010 4:31 PM

Aug 2009
Killing the dog was the worst scene I have ever watched. For some reason it affects me more than watching her killing those kids afterwards.
But whatever... this show is sooo over the top without reason.
The flashbacks where done okay.. but the start was again stupid.
It's such a chore to watch and I'm disgusted most of the time.
Still I think this might have been the best ep so far, so 3/5
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Dec 2, 2010 11:27 PM

Sep 2010
I knew the dog scene was going to happen. I tried to prepare myself for it. And I still came to the verge of crying and had to take my headphones out of my ears. Just the dog crying...makes me cringe and feel sick. It was just a puppy...not even full grown to try and defend itself. It does kind of give explanation why Lucy didn't kill Wanta...he's the same kind of dog as that one, just a different color. I know this anime is over the top, I don't watch anime for the realism. But Elfen Lied seems to know what heartstrings of its general audience to punch.
Apr 3, 2011 6:58 PM

Jun 2010
This episode really made me feel like I got punched in the heart. Ever since I saw Mayu's puppy, every time I saw it after that I was thinking 'please don't hurt the puppy'. Well... they didn't. Instead they hurt a different puppy. I'm a HUGE wimp when it comes to animal cruelty so after seeing that, I just flipped my shit and started crying.

It's a shame because up until that point, I was really enjoying this anime. I asked a friend of mine who really loves this series if that type of thing happens again, if it doesn't, I'll at least finish this anime. But I will not watch it again.
Apr 6, 2011 5:10 AM

Jan 2009
I don't want to troll, I just put my POV ;p

Usually, i'm a very very open minded guy... I can watch very controversal animes without getting any good or bad feelings for them, as an artist that watches art works... I love alot of animes of course, I sometimes stopped some others because the story or art doesn't catch me but it's not a reason to deeply hate them for that (like "Mmm don't like it much, but there's surely people that will like it so it's okay ^^")

But Elfen Lied is an exception to me... Not because of the whole show, cuz the story is interesting. I'm not a fan of the guro mixed with cute anime girls but it's okay... I hated the show because of the scene of the dog in this episode...

I don't care to see dead people in anime. But I can't bare animal torture and murder ever, anime or not... Maybe it was necessary for the story (was it really?); okay then... But why was it so realistic, damnit!!! I never been so angry against an anime...

It's the first and almost only time of my entire life i ragely punched my fist in a wall because of an anime. First and only!

May 20, 2011 2:58 AM

Aug 2010
I've heard about this scene and also tried to prepare myself to it...but it turned out to be not so hard as I expected. I thought they will show us guts, twisted body and so on, but there was only blood and squeaking of a dog. Terrible, but still bearable. No tears. Maybe my heart made of stone? >_<
Actually many kids really ARE so cruel in the real world. Sad but true. When Lucy killed those bullies it was such a relief...
Jul 6, 2011 9:33 AM

Mar 2011
Sounds weird that I wanted three kids to be killed, but they had it coming. They had it coming.
Aug 23, 2011 5:36 AM

Sep 2010
those 4 (the girl died too right?) deaths were totally deserverd, i want to finish this anime today since i want more stuff explained.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2011 11:45 AM

May 2011
holy shit that was very fucked up O_O
way to kill those dam kids tho, where was lucy when i was in elementary school >.<
Sep 11, 2011 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
maxlefou said:

I don't care to see dead people in anime. But I can't bare animal torture and murder ever, anime or not... Maybe it was necessary for the story (was it really?); okay then... But why was it so realistic, damnit!!! I never been so angry against an anime...

It's the first and almost only time of my entire life i ragely punched my fist in a wall because of an anime. First and only!

Why are we like that? I didn't care about the children dying too. But when a cute animal suffers, I was so affected.. I didn't feel anything with all the blood, severed limbs and killing that Lucy did until now. Poor dog. I was watching and waiting for the scene to be over soon.
It was necessary for the story, not only to shock us again, but also to show that Lucy had a motivation to start killing. Could be worst. I know some bad children like those, believe me they do this kind of things.
Jan 13, 2012 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
Yea, I actually like dogs, and finding a dog usually means you find your first friend.....and then your first and only friend gets killed because some bitch ratted on you to a group of bully's....

Yea, this show is very depressing.

But I love it
Feb 8, 2012 6:58 PM

Mar 2011
Sandgolem said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy Jesus does this series not touch on a emotional topic? First Murder and Gore, Then Sexual Child Abuse, Now animal Torture and Murder...

I have said it before, this series is effecting me so much. Its hard to even continue on...Im probly a wuss compared to most people but...yeah these series is good...but damn.

For some reason, I watch this anime with a bit of detachment. I just don't feel all that emotionally involved with the characters. I did think the evil bullies beating the dog to death was pretty intense. That was such a cute puppy!
Feb 21, 2012 2:09 PM

Jan 2012
Screw those kids man. And their stupid dance.
Apr 2, 2012 7:35 PM
Dec 2011
Well naturally, if people would treat me like shit i'd grow arms and beat the shit out of them!
Apr 24, 2012 4:33 PM

Mar 2012
great backstory cant wait to see more
May 31, 2012 5:20 PM

Jan 2009
I have no words TT_____________TT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2012 9:34 AM

May 2012
Those kids beating the dog deserved to die. And that other girl, too! She couldn't keep her mouth shut...
Jun 27, 2012 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
SmartAlex said:
Screw those kids man. And their stupid dance.

lol only time i purely laughed watching this was when they were dancing like that. sad episode though.
Jul 3, 2012 9:51 PM

Jan 2012
Damn... they killed the dog! Bastards!

Nice to see how Lucy used her power for the 1st time... Bloodbath!
Jul 18, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
Is it wrong that i got so happy when those idiots died? backstabber bullys... she's way more human than they would ever have been
O'Hai :D
Jul 19, 2012 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
I'm so happy that Lucy killed these children :D ... now I'm worried about my mental health...
Jul 29, 2012 7:04 PM

Jul 2011
fuck those kids i wanted them to die even before they killed the dog!
im happy those kids were murdered they were assholes who deserved it and im glad the snitch bitch died too
Aug 11, 2012 4:50 AM

Jan 2012
this episode was just...wow...!!
Aug 17, 2012 12:05 AM
Jul 2012
Damn those kids attacked the puppy. Glad she killed them.
4/5
Aug 27, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, those kids deserved to die. This whole series has been hard to watch, but that scene...
Sep 7, 2012 2:43 PM
Jul 2012
If there is one thing I can't stand in a show I'm watching it is animal abuse. Never before in my life have I wanted children to die so badly, they certainly got what they deserved.
Sep 17, 2012 4:59 PM

Sep 2012
haha man those kids were so messed up!!! Is it wrong that I was happy when those kids exploded? XD
Sep 25, 2012 11:12 AM
Jun 2012
Oh my god, why? This kids are monsters...
Sep 26, 2012 12:26 PM

Apr 2011
:c
Nov 15, 2012 5:02 AM
Sep 2012
Very interesting so far...some shocking scenes, to the point and effective.
Feb 17, 2013 3:15 PM

Jan 2012
that last scene was hard to watch :/ really really hard!

i mean this show just seriously hits some nerves and deals with some dark topics but they seem to do it so well and not in a way where i can't watch it or think its OTT... love the show though!
Feb 23, 2013 5:45 PM
Feb 2013
People are cruel. This dog was innocent!!! Those boys deserved to be punished.
Mar 13, 2013 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
Ehh, they went too far on that last scene to show the discovery of nana's powers. Those kids were inhumane to the point where I couldn't grasp it as a reality in this fantasy setting, and it pulled me out of this show. I know kids can be that ignorant and violent irl but still.
May 16, 2013 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
So who are the real monsters ? Those kids got what they deserved.
And i agree that this series is an emotional roller coaster. But despite all that the story is great.
May 30, 2013 11:36 AM
Mar 2013
Well. This anime is interesting however I'm really not feeling many... erm feelings :/ Okay it was pretty violent :) And a little sad but I didn't you know... Feel much sadness or shock, horror ect.
Maybe I'm just heartless :/

Awesome anime though ^^
Jun 1, 2013 12:14 AM

May 2013
Im scared of myself now. After watching the kids explode i grinned.
Jul 10, 2013 1:17 AM

Apr 2013
If those kids didn't die, they probably be serial killers by now. I mean seriously killing animals is one of the triads for early determination of psychopathic behavior...

But those kids kinda deserved to be killed by Lucy. (OH MY GOD! I'M GONNA BE A BAD DAD SOMEDAY!)

Jul 29, 2013 2:45 AM
May 2013
I don't like gore and I hate to see innocent people killed for no reason. I think the end was too kind, those kids were killed in less than 5 sec.

How I wanted to be:

This way those kids could realize what they have done.

HandSonicvI said:
Im scared of myself now. After watching the kids explode i grinned.

I thought I was the only one.
Sep 8, 2013 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
Mother of god, that kids were really cruel to kill a dog, well done, Lucy.
Sep 25, 2013 6:01 PM
Sep 2013
I don't say this often, but i think the kids deserved a brutal murder, maybe even more painful then what was given. Why the hell did they kill the dog. Now i need to go in the corner and just cry for a little bit.
Jan 7, 2014 11:13 PM

Dec 2012
Oh boy, now I have to go into each episode with the mindset of "what crazy thing will they do next?" Well hey I just hope the flower vase was ok. The end scene shot down my theory of Lucy being Kohta's little sister, but still interested to see their past.
Feb 3, 2014 3:02 AM

Oct 2013
dat kindergaten murder scene. intense, where were all the teachers during that...

so kahto and nyu knew each other when they were younger, i wonder if she has something to do with him not remembering parts of his childhood too well
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

430 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
May 10, 7:04 PM

» How is this still rated 7.5?

Dirittoprocedura - Apr 29

25 by Phloup »»
Apr 29, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.