Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2012 8:50 PM

Mar 2012
Though there were some cliche parts, still loved the ending. Great ost and loved the entire MIB thing. The show was good but Rinon, Remon, and the music definitely made it much better. One of my favorites of this season....thinking 8/10.
Mar 26, 2012 8:52 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
WHAT? I though they did a excellent job with the Karaoke of the OP and kudos to them for that one. I will terribly miss the OP of this series. It was a totally joy for my throat to sing it out. Good powerful intonations.

Who gives a fuck about karaoke for generic J-pop song #257683?

yea they do a good job like translating "baka" as "cow" and using "cockblock" or "it's gonna rape me"

Tomodachi5 said:
SourceCard said:
Jigero said:
Pretty decent..... only thing that sucked where Coalguys terrible troll subs.

I have to agree with the subs.
Liked the anime alot.

Shoulda' went with Commie.

Commie is just a bad.

The only one who subbed this decently was Hayaku but they take forever.

and Nemdiggers was kinda okay if your desperate.
JigeroMar 26, 2012 8:55 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 26, 2012 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
JC Staff +1 for you.

You actually did a good show this time and I honestly enjoyed the whole ride.
I liked that the Alien genre in the ending episode stood out the most and that it was useful, not only for the heroine but to introduce MIB into the picture. If something is to be said is that they definitively wanted to show that Remon has the connections needed to introduce Earth to the Federation. Either this means she got the job there because of her actions or that she was already working there because of, let's say: Onegai Teacher, but I don't like linking two anime like this.

9/10 mostly for the enjoyment and flow. Execution could had been better, but in comparison with other shows this season, it was well done, especially for the genre.

If they do make the ova, or if it is confirmed. I would love to see progress with the Mio x Tetsurou pair and then some development with the MC and heroine.

Good show overall.
avluisMar 26, 2012 8:56 PM
Mar 26, 2012 9:02 PM

May 2011
Typical JCStaff.. Love the ending
People fight about how Kaito do when Ichika get caught
But then logically nothing can be done..This show is too realistic which I approved it.
At the earlier of anime I don't think Tomatsu Haruka can pull out Ichika character as her voice is as I always knew..high pitch.
In the end she really put an amazing job bringing a lot of emotion for this anime. Really can't stand listening her crying...it is too real for me and too sad..good job Haruka...Looking forward for another tear jerking anime from you.

As for other character..As always the senpai Tamura Yukari and Yui Horie, though just side character..still brings a lot of impact.

Overall ano natsu de matteru..i wonder if this anime is really aired during summer..sure brings better feeling than watching it during winter lol♠
Mar 26, 2012 9:03 PM

Nov 2011
I literally watched the last 11 episodes waiting for the scene where they reminisce while viewing their product, after Ichika leaves. I probably would have liked it better if she didn't come back. I liked the anime, though there were many episodes I didn't care for, there were many scenes that were done well.

Those alien pursuers look like Pokemon. And Lemon was M.I.B.? Nice try, J.C. Staff, but she was neither a man, nor black.
Mar 26, 2012 9:05 PM

Oct 2011
Jigero said:
Who gives a fuck about karaoke for generic J-pop song #257683?

yea they do a good job like translating "baka" as "cow" and using "cockblock" or "it's gonna rape me".

LOL baka in filipino really means cow :P

Waiting for Hayaku sub.
Mar 26, 2012 9:06 PM

Jul 2009
Would've been much better if she was gone for good.

MFW MIB
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 26, 2012 9:27 PM

Dec 2008
this show was good for the most part but it fell apart, at least for me it did, when the two MCs actually started their relationship, and i thought the ending was kinda weak

7/10
Mar 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
Aww, so after all that hard work, Ichika had to leave after all... though given the title that's to be expected.

Remon fights back against the alien spaceship with rocket launchers! Easily the most awesome and badass character.

I was kinda disappointed that the relationships of the other three characters didn't go anywhere. They had their moments but it felt like they're superfluous at times.
Mar 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Jun 2009
she's back.
Kaito's last line definitely same with Kei's last line when he met Mizuho again...
Mar 26, 2012 10:10 PM

Nov 2008
IZUMI64 said:
she's back.
Kaito's last line definitely same with Kei's last line when he met Mizuho again...

^
Mar 26, 2012 10:25 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty Good anime gave 8/10. I'm going to just think she came back, but I don't think they should have used the last five seconds to show she did so. The ending would have been decent if she never came back as well. (For me at least)
Mar 26, 2012 10:51 PM

Mar 2011
Ep 5/5
Series 9/10
The ending was good and i have so much fun. I like all the stuff they put on this anime and they make a creative ending on which fan will decide on what happen on the last scene.
Mar 26, 2012 11:14 PM

Apr 2010
Well I am giving this a 10/10 because I loved the story and emotion of the series from start to finish. And from what I have been reading, this maybe really does tie in with Onegai Teacher, which I have yet to watch. I might have enjoyed this series even more if I watched that first.
Mar 26, 2012 11:18 PM
Mar 2012
This episode is simply amazing! This episode seemed long..very long, but it got my attention the whole time. I think this anime definitely has the best ending in the winter 2012 season!
Mar 26, 2012 11:21 PM

Mar 2010
That was a good ending. Gonna miss this series though. Anyway Ichika did come back because at the end, she wore the souvenir that was brought months after ichika left earth. Was that voice really Mizuho-sensei from Onegai Teacher? also the lake scene from the Onegai franchise (Teacher and Twins).
"Though I fly through the valley of death..I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80,000 feet and climbing." - At the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base Kadena, Okinawa
Mar 26, 2012 11:26 PM

Feb 2012
I love it when people use words to describe how I feel better than I can ever do it myself haha

"To the end itself, of course many viewers will be dissatisfied that there was no on-screen reunion, that much was inferred and not spelled out. I enjoyed this understated approach, though"

"We didn’t get a neat, conventional ending in a series where the relationships weren’t neat, but messy and complicated – for me, that’s exactly as it should be."
Mar 26, 2012 11:31 PM
Dec 2011
Bad
Mar 26, 2012 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
I really can't express into words how I felt at the ending. She DID come back! I'm a sucker for romance and love stories and this anime delivers more than I could've asked! I'm totally satisfied with it!

It's rare for me to watch an anime non stop. This one just made me feel at the edge. Each episode left me with a cliffhanger that would make me want to watch the next episode right away. It's got everything I'd want. Enough drama to be satisfied but not depressed. Enough comedy and randomness without going overboard and above everything else, the sweet spot of romance and love. The way they mixed it was simply perfect.

It's been a long time since I watched Onegai Teacher, I really appreciated it, but this one in my opinion just made everything RIGHT. It left me with that warm fuzzy feeling I've been longing since I watched Toradora. Being the anime genre I like the most, this gets a 10/10 from me. Totally worth it every minute of my time.
Mar 26, 2012 11:45 PM

May 2010
Not bad the ending is satisfying for me !!
Mar 26, 2012 11:58 PM
Aug 2011
Ahri said:
Dr_Smurph said:
KingCez said:
sad its ended. was one of my top to watch series this seaosn. i did like it. especially the MIB dudes coming out and the HQ remon went to rofl. reminded me of the men in black movies haha. i did see she came back and loved that. thought it wouldve been more touching, probably is but i expected a ton more. was the voice at the end when they reachthe place mizuho sensei?

That's what some people have been saying. I couldn't really tell. I am curious as to what was written on the tree. I assume it was something written by Mizuho and Kei.

Ah it says "Mizuho" read around and found that. That makes this even better.

I'd say it's an easter egg more than anything though....Mostly because the voice said she was forced to leave. Mizuho wasn't, as well as this series gave off the vibe that the alien federation didn't know about planet Earth, however in Onegai, they had a name for it....Was a bunch of numbers but still.

Onegai Spoilers Below and an explanation of the tie in

Mar 27, 2012 12:05 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome Ending is Awesome.

That MIB scenes make me lol. And Remon is MIB member.

Episode - 5/5

Series - 8/10
Mar 27, 2012 12:08 AM
Jun 2009
Boooo! My happiness was short-lived...Anyway, finally it ended, no longer need to wait for damn Mondays!

8 out of 10 (+8 for entertainment, likable characters and -2 for Tetsurou/Mio thing ~)

BTW, I ordered the first BD box. It includes an interesting stuff and the price is acceptable
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail.asp?sku=4943054

Everyone, let's support the creators! (^v^)
Mar 27, 2012 12:25 AM

Apr 2011
i'm so pissed off. The ending of Ano Natsu... AAGGHHHHH... FUCK!!!! If I don't get an ova
HungLikeaZombieMar 27, 2012 12:46 AM
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 27, 2012 12:37 AM

Dec 2009
LOL Lemon was MIB all along xDDD

This show will always have a spot on my favorite anime. From the beginning to the end awesome shit.

9/10

And did I just hear the lovely Inoue, Kikuko?

Sent with Mal Updater
Sir_LexaMar 27, 2012 12:44 AM
Mar 27, 2012 12:38 AM

Jun 2007
finally!!!
took 12 episode for me to get some Mizuho from Onegai Sensei and i have to make due with her voice
i would have rated it perfect if she has actually appeared

i mean she had the technology at least leave me an update glimpse of how you would look now

MIZUHO!!!! guess i got re watch Onegai Sensei for my Mizuho fix

anyways cause Remon is awesome Here come the men in black
Mar 27, 2012 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
Needless to say, it was a very nice EP, but the drama was way too nice to end it with a simple "Oh look, she's back" rather than a potential second season with Kaito going after Ichika (with the obvious help of Remon), more drama...
Maybe i'm overthinking too much, but the tears became shallow after that ending.

8/10
Mar 27, 2012 1:01 AM

Jun 2011
AHAHAHAHA LOL @ Remon actually being part of MIB xD They were frequently hinting at her being something else, but I never expected her to actually be an MIB xD

And ahhhh... the Toradora ending... I reckon they could've done this ending much better, but I'm fine with it :) I'm just happy that Ichika comes back, cuz I was willing to bump this down 2 points if she didn't. lol. A bad ending would've been fine, but I just didn't want this anime to have one. xD

7.5/10

I honestly don't think this would have an S2, but an OVA would be nice :D

Also, did this anime end up actually being directly connected to Onegai Teacher? I haven't watched it yet so I don't know. It seemed like the female 'alien' narrator was from it though. It would be awesome if they were connected :D
Mar 27, 2012 1:17 AM

Aug 2008
Umm fine anime I guess...

So let me get this straight:
Ichika managed to return in the end cuz the Men in Black organization managed to reverse-engineer at least some sort of spaceship prototype that could travel at superluminal speeds thanks to Rino's assistance (and possibly Ichika's sister) within the span of several years therefore upgrading Earth's status and allowing "first contact" with this Galactic Organization?? Riiiight... well at least things worked out in the end. Oh and Remon WAS quite cool, hands-down my favorite character.
Mar 27, 2012 1:23 AM
Mar 2008
The MIB part was the best scene in the whole series. Everything else is just a bad mix of bad romance and pointless sci-fi crap.
And in the end she obviously came back. Hah, what's the damn point of the whole parting scene then? Fuck this shit.
3/10
Mar 27, 2012 2:15 AM

Jan 2012
My Final Impressions on Ano Natsu de Matteru.

Mar 27, 2012 2:21 AM

Nov 2010
Satisfying ending. Id like to see a 2nd season focusing more on the aliens. one of the most enjoyable this season i give it a 9/10.
Mar 27, 2012 2:34 AM

Feb 2010
lol MIB to the rescue^^ 7/10.
Mar 27, 2012 2:59 AM

Jun 2010
at still at 2:00. LOL at the missiles.

Really... The M.I.B with bazookas. Insane shit, I can't stop giggling.

Toradora Ending lol.

BEST SCENE ASDFGHJKL!@#$Q!!

Overall 8/10 same score with Another. Great Anime, I really enjoyed watching it.
-MgZ_Mar 27, 2012 3:31 AM
Mar 27, 2012 3:03 AM
Aug 2011
Here I was thinking I'm going to decrease the score after the final episode to 7/10.
MIB Troll FTW! My only complaint is that they sort of left Tetsurou/Mio hanging 9/10
Mar 27, 2012 3:56 AM

May 2010
Loved it...........This season was too good.Remon was really a member of Men In Black.Everyone was shining..Too bad,it didn't air in summer,otherwise I would have said with them,"I will be waiting that Summer".Was remon designing a way to reach their planet.

Why did it had to end but I guess this is what makes it special.I got teary eyed too..
Mar 27, 2012 4:14 AM

Apr 2011
Solid ending for a solid show.

When MIB appeared I friggin' LOL'd.

5/5 ep.

8/10 series. Satisfying and very fun to watch every week~
Mar 27, 2012 5:03 AM

Jul 2010
Sad she still had to leave in the end. I wonder if she did actually return to end the movie or not! And Lemon is not an alien but part of MIB. =P

Really enjoyable romance with some cool fantasy elements. 8/10

Mar 27, 2012 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
WOW. Such an AMAZING episode. Jesus, I love this show.
Doubting whether I'm going to rate it an 8 or a 9.
Mar 27, 2012 7:34 AM

Feb 2008
I was disappointed a little with the ending, but Inoue Kikuko as the narrator in the last episode sent chills up my spine because I have always been a very big fan of Onegai Teacher and of hers. Very nice touch for a anime that reminded me in so many ways of each other. Ironically, almost 10 years to the day that Onegai Teacher finished it's run on WOWOW . . .
Mar 27, 2012 7:39 AM

Aug 2009
Oh god, MIB scene was excellent. That was unexpected xD
For how many shows already did Tomatsu Haruka made me cry with her heartbreaking cry and this is another show to add on the list. Fantastic episode. Awesome closure. And of course, the beautiful ED comes in on the perfect timing as usual.

9/10.
Mar 27, 2012 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Of course Ichika came back. "They're playing the movie AGAIN this year". Ichika having the coat Kai's sister got from Bolivia. I think people just want to see more of this series.
I personally I liked this episode a lot.
Some people are complaining about all the stuff said in the episode such as memories etc.
However I think that is what made this episode because it ties everything together.
It explains why Kai is always recording. How he is coping with the loss of his parents.
It also gives more meaning towards the message left by the alien who crash landed in the past.
The fact that the tree with the mark was destroyed shows that even though the world may forgotten about people's memories of the past, these memories would still live on in people's hearts.
I also loved the MIB at the end. It explained Remon and the husband.
Mar 27, 2012 8:29 AM

Dec 2009
Gonna go cry in a corner now. OVA this anime now!
Mar 27, 2012 8:29 AM

May 2011
YEAH! Lemon FTW! She's rocking badass!

Feel sad when I watched the scene of Ichika and Kaito's depart... T_T

In the end, it was happy ending.
Mar 27, 2012 8:44 AM

May 2011
Okay, that was kind of fantastic. I still don't like Ichika, but this episode definitely revealed Kaito's thoughts and motivations behind the whole thing.

It's a simple, but honest truth. People want to leave some record of themselves behind, something that will outlast their mortal lives. That's one of the reasons I think people are so afraid of death - after you're gone, you will be remembered only by what you've left behind, and even that will only last so long till even your memories are forgotten.

Lemon is still the best ever.
Mar 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Jul 2005
I'm so pissed, this last episode was total BS all the way. Okay, maybe the Remon-kicking-ass-and-being-awesome-parts saved a bit but still. It sucked.
Mar 27, 2012 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
Are you even allowed to shamelessly rip off/parody hollywood movies in Japan?

Not that I'm complaining. Remon was AWESOME.
No.
Mar 27, 2012 11:47 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
8/10 to the series... LOL AT Man In Black part xD
Mar 27, 2012 11:57 AM

Apr 2011
So sad it's over. I hope they make a OVA where Ichika comes back and gets back with Kaito. And Remon working for the MIB who would have thought lol overall great series
10/10 for me
Mar 27, 2012 12:11 PM

Nov 2011
Amazing anime
9/10
what a bittersweet ending.It feels like as if we got trolled or something at the end.
so annoyed

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.