Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »
May 3, 2017 4:24 PM

May 2010
Oo Ayase x Shuu moment.

Wth Gai. You are just spouting nonsense. Old Shu was worthy and the current one isn't, keep dat blahblahblah to yourself.

Inori... so she forever lives inside him now. Except Shu is blind now. Gah I really find the whole blind thing weird tho. Like it's just there to make us empathize with Shuu.

5.99/10 for this. Had its inconsistencies and plotholes. but I guess I still managed to watch it 'cause it had a few decent ideas.
Jun 9, 2017 3:29 PM
Jun 2017
Hey what is this. Why Inori died in the end. Why Shu and Inori cant be together. Really pissed me off. I cannot sleep thinking off it. What will be good to alive if you lost the one you dearest and then become blind. Huh thats makes me cry. The most damn thing is Yahiro. If he dont insult shu to use the void ranking. It will be a good ending which Inori can live together with Shu. I think I give 10/10 for it because it has make me cry and make me obsessed with Inori Yuzuriha. Owh... I love her even more. Daisuki
Jun 19, 2017 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Rewatched it. Both better and worse than I remember, but I still really liked it. I liked this series actually killed a lot of people off, so it felt a little less predictable than a lot of anime. I like the ending because it's a lot more memorable than most series. Killing off love interest and leaving MC with a disability (blindness) is something I still don't think i've seen another series have the balls to do. Not only that, but at the end show that Shu still appears to not be over Inori and even a few years later listens to her music just makes it all the more tragic. Now that I watched the story without having to wait a week, it all came together and made more sense than I remember. Although some of the characters weren't as interesting as I remember, there were some that stood out to me more this time around. Overall, it's still an 8/10 for me. It's not perfect, but I still really enjoyed it. I'm huge sci-fi fan, and the main concepts were interesting to me. It may not have been executed perfectly, but I think this series gets a lot more hate than it deserves. RIP Inori
Jul 3, 2017 12:23 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow Gai what a hero. =_= Totally makes sense why you flipped over to the other side without barely saying anything until the very last episode.

So how exactly does Shu's power work again? He absorbs the virus and takes their weapon and then returns them back again before he does right? This guess is assuming that he would die if Inori hadn't saved him.

So now we have a ballerina and an idol in this anime. Nice. So was Mana always the sadistic little devil that she was? She was villainized to the point where we saw no good points in her besides her beauty and didn't feel bad when she died. Pity Gai who only had feelings for her in this world. Like damn even Shu didn't feel bad or even remember his sister.

What happened to the boy who had the other void power thing?
Jul 12, 2017 3:02 AM
Jul 2017
This is by far the best Explanation I've seen Imo https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1408286
Jul 14, 2017 12:02 AM

Aug 2011
Inori left him all alone after he came all the way trying to save her?

what happened to being i'll always be by your side?

eh i guess that's an okay ending. 6/10
Aug 6, 2017 12:01 PM

Jun 2017
A very emotional and (in my opinion) depressing ending. If Shu AND Inori would have died, i would be so much happier about it.

The Story has indeed some flaws and can improve on many parts, but nevertheless i really enjoyed the whole Show. It had emotional ups and downs and sometimes some fan service aswell ;)

I was about to give it a 7/10 but the music... OMFG THE MUSIC WAS SO AMAZING! I CRIED EVERYTIME I HEARD INORI SINGING!

Thats why in my Opinion This show deserves a 9/10
even if it has some major flaws that could've been easily prevented.

Aug 13, 2017 11:08 AM

Jan 2013
A decent ending, glad to see Inori's soul is still living on in Shu's body.
There was 1 soundtrack in the series that stood out for me and that was the battle soundtrack "ßios".

The Adam and Eve and especially a lot of the scenes near the end with Shu and Inori / Mana reminded me of Mirai Nikki.

The "villains" lacked some motivation in my opinion and most of the characters felt a bit bland.
Shu eventually staying alive ... while it was beautiful seeing him save Inori's soul ... also didnt feel right with me.

Despite all that, it was entertaining, I doubt the story will stick with me though.
8/10
PrOxAntoAug 13, 2017 11:12 AM
Oct 8, 2017 9:09 PM
Apr 2017
atomicbigboy said:
the show was great up to episode 12, beyond that it was a total trainwreck that consisted of plotholes after plotholes and a lackluster ending. it would have been so much better if the ending was episode 12.

I felt the same way. From 13 to 18 was specially hard to watch. I nearly droped the anime.
Oct 18, 2017 2:27 PM
Oct 2017
inori survived, in a way she fused with Shu's soul
Dec 26, 2017 7:31 AM

Aug 2017
A sad ending...i didn't want inori to die(though saw it coming),would have been better if both shu and inori died,though i have to say i'm a bit disappointed with this episode...expected some action between shu and tsutsugami, but there was almost none.

Why did they let Arisa LIVE but Inori DIE,damn it!

I read some interpretations about ending...it makes me feel the ending is a bit happy, still, it is a sad one for me(i really wanted inori alive).
Xander_CageDec 26, 2017 7:36 AM
Mar 1, 2018 8:19 AM

Feb 2018
If the series ended with Gai's and Mana's deaths in episode 12, this show would have been so much better. After that it all went downhill.

Gai being brought back to life and his motivation were very uncool, Keido's reasons for wanting the apocalypse were ???, The Daath kid was pointless, everything fell apart.

I feel that the best character in the series is Daryl, probably the only interesting character (and Gai, but only pre-ep 12 for Gai)

All in all, a wasted potential, had high hopes for the show at the start.
6/10
Mar 29, 2018 9:17 PM
Apr 2017
This was a really great anime. I expected them both to die at the end, but the fact that only Inori was really sad. I was fine all the way untill the last scene of the show, then when i realized holy shit, Inori really isnt gonna pop up and sit next to him on the bench, he plays the music and imagines her, and at that moment, i broke. Really amazing anime, has some flaws, but they can easily be overlooked. Loved it from start to the end, even tho i'd love it more if Inori was still alive... SadFace
Apr 3, 2018 8:04 AM

Jan 2018
Wow, this ending was a trainwreck, Shu just survives inexplicably, got heavily crippled, apparently lost his friends and now Inori's soul is living inside of him or something. Why do writers think shitting on the MC for the sake of shitting on the MC automatically makes a show good or deep? Even when Shu was in Hitler mode, he didn't really do anything that would warrant such a fucked up conclusion for him.

I don't think Guilty Crown is nearly as bad as people make it out to be, outside of these last couple of episodes which felt rushed as hell, but holy shit did it leave me unsatisfied.
Apr 8, 2018 3:25 AM

Nov 2017
Excellent ending. Inori was one of the best characters of any anime I’ve watched imo, even with as few lines and few things she physically did. Gai’s motive for bringing Mana back was very strong too, although wasn’t a huge fan of his direction. Inori sacrificing herself and Shu finally accepting the thread from her was beautiful, a tear-jerking moment.

Everyone’s void being absorbed and the virus being cleansed was beautiful, and Shu actually surviving thanks to Inori was great. I’m surprised by all the hate this anime gets, it is a strong 10/10 for me. Especially going out on the original ED, really strong and powerful ending.
Apr 9, 2018 1:34 AM
Apr 2018
The ending was okay it kinda sucks that inori gave shu blindness because she got it when they absorbed the apocalypse but on the bright side they can always see each other in the “spirit lobby” because inori’s soul resides in shu’s Body because shu took her life string.
Apr 10, 2018 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
So technically, Shu is committing incest. Inori being the clone of Mana, has the exact inner and outer DNA of his sister...but a different soul. I felt like they wanted to appeal to Neo Genesis Evangelion fans...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 29, 2018 4:56 AM
Apr 2018
Why cant Shu die with Inori?
If he died with Inori it'll become more dramatic
Sep 16, 2019 11:55 PM
Aug 2019
OOLOOOO said:
Why cant Shu die with Inori?
If he died with Inori it'll become more dramatic

Inori soul was inside Shu body
Sep 16, 2019 11:56 PM
Aug 2019
Origin said:
Inori left him all alone after he came all the way trying to save her?

what happened to being i'll always be by your side?

eh i guess that's an okay ending. 6/10

She said the truth though. Inori soul was inside Shu body
Sep 17, 2019 10:48 AM
Mar 2019
This ending was totally epic!
so many emotions in a single chapter, this is definitely one of the best endings I've seen totally precious
and Inori's soul is still alive inside Shu.
Domi65Sep 27, 2019 7:54 AM
Sep 27, 2019 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
What a trainwreck, it started off midly interesting but then everything went downhill. Those characters changed sides like other people change underwear, but there is at least a reason to change your underwear that often. Only bearable character was Hare and she died too early. At least the soundtrackwas good I guess so I give it one additional point. 2/10
Oct 9, 2019 8:50 AM
Oct 2019
What BackSong in Minute 04:50 to 06:54 ?
Dec 1, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2019
Why hadn't seu died with inori it would've been better if they both died together. With this ending im so heart broken rn. I know that inori give her soul and save seu but still this ending is too much for me, I was nearly crying when seu said to inori let's go together. I was ready for it where they had both died and save humanity. But keeping seu alive like this is actually too much. I was thinking giving this an 8 but the ending, man. well it's still a 7 for me.

I have made an ending in my imagination where they both died together and I'm going with it. I can't just accept this ending.

The op for first 12 episodes was fucken awesome. some of the best op I've seen. And it was so well made an well explained. Now I get the whole meaning of the op and what inori means by saying "everything that makes me whole I'll dedicate them all to you, I'm yours.
AvichiiDec 1, 2019 11:16 AM
Jan 30, 2020 9:57 PM

Aug 2017
Didn't like it. 4/10. Shu sucked from start to finish.
Feb 3, 2020 8:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's so weird because I don't know what to think of this anime, the story, OST and enjoyment were good for me, but the HORRIBLE characters (despite Ayase and Inori being actually good) made me salty during so many moments, Shu, Gai and Arisa and Mana were appalling characters.
6/10, would be a 7-8 with more good characters
Apr 17, 2020 1:11 PM

Feb 2019
Ending is funny.

Cringe.

Fate/Zero is light years better than this shit.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 7, 2020 5:32 AM
May 2020
Please release a second season of guilty crown and I also want ask this that did ayasa loved shu after he got blind
May 20, 2020 2:01 PM
Oct 2019
This whole Inori singing and Mana dancing stuff is really dumb. Trying to be too clever or something. But it doesn't interest me in the least.

So the objective was just to turn everybody in the world into crystals? And then it would become one crystal-hivemind? ...cool... *not*

Arisa is still a dumbass, giving her all to defend Gai.

How did Inori just *appear*? Wtf. She was overtaken/killed by Mana-Eve.

Gai becoming "good" again as he dies, admitting that he was only playing the role of evil "King" in order to free Mana? Mana and Gai dying in each other's arms as a conjoined crystal? *EYE ROLL*

Lame emotional scene with Shu and Inori at the end, with Inori's terrible, overdone "soft" voice that's been annoying me all series. Oh, she gave up her life to save Shu's? I guess that's fine with me. She didn't deserve to live (she wasn't real, she wasn't even an interesting character) and Shu didn't deserve a happy ending.

Sorry, but no closure with that Daath kid...? And we have no explanation as to why Shu's mom Haruka helped the GHQ with their Loop 7 quarantine wall shenanigans? Sure, she says at one point Shu's dad wanted it that way, but WHY? WHAT FOR? HOW COME?

Didn't really explain how Gai found/freed Inori from GHQ in the first place, did they?

They didn't even give me that one theme song that would always play when Shu did "good" things (Bios by Hiroyuki Sawano). Sigh.

Overall, solid show (7/10). A lot I didn't personally like or enjoy. But enough good stuff early on to keep me interested the rest of the way. I wanted the early mysteries/questions to be answered and I cared enough about the show to be upset when they let me down.

Mediocre ending. Bad middle (Lord of the Flies). Good beginning.

I liked Argo, Daryl, Souta, Tsugumi, Ayase...and, yea, that's probably it. I disliked every other character. I would've liked Haruka, but not understanding why she was complicit with the GHQ the whole time kind of makes her a hard sell.
HagePotPotatoMay 20, 2020 2:05 PM
May 23, 2020 4:28 PM
May 2020
Please god let there be a season 2
May 31, 2020 3:30 AM
Oct 2016
Hare was obviously the best girl in the whole anime. They didn't even give her a flashback or anything... T.T
Jul 18, 2020 8:44 AM
Mar 2015
StrickenDeal said:
Hare was obviously the best girl in the whole anime. They didn't even give her a flashback or anything... T.T

Yeah, they just didn't want you to have a moment to forget her
Aug 19, 2020 8:55 AM
Aug 2020
literally teared up, he other 18 eps of straight pain were defo worth it :)
Sep 18, 2020 1:32 PM

Jan 2019
DID THEY JUST KILL THE BEST CHARACTER aka KIDO KENJI;; I feel betrayed

I'd have liked it if Shu died with Inori.

Weird show with many plot holes and barely any likable characters, but I give it a 7/10 because it kept me very entertained these past few days and the music was fire.
Oct 18, 2020 8:43 PM
Aug 2020
Someone once described to me that he was very careful about the anime that he watched because he saw an ending once that made him feel as though he wasted his time watching the entire series. I understand that feeling now.

Of course, I understand that some people may have liked it... even many people may have liked it, but I can't stand the ending. The show comes off as though everything ends up happily ever after (unlike shows like Gantz, Death Note, etc.). But this show had such a depressing ending. He lost his arm; he lost his sight (I still don't understand how); he lost his powers; AND he lost his love. I mean, sure, I get that he is happy because he has friends, but he really lost it all. Didn't gain anything. Just depressing!

Well, I feel better now with that off my chest ha ha ha ha ha
Oct 18, 2020 8:44 PM
Aug 2020
Stars-Soul said:
many plot holes and barely any likable characters, but I give it a 7/10 because it kept me very entertained these past few days and the music was fire.

I definitely agree!
Nov 9, 2020 4:43 PM

May 2011
Would've been a nice touch to have Daryl join them in the epilogue
Nov 11, 2020 4:22 AM

Jan 2020
Daryl loves Tsugumi ? Irrelevant.
Keido can hack? Mindblown....
Daryl is a good boy? Major plotwist righthere.... really that glasses guy though, he's trying so hard to become a tragic hero.
Arisa is alive? Mmmkay...

Well at least Gay and Money is together.

10/10
Nov 12, 2020 7:45 AM

Feb 2010
9 years later... and still an1 like Inori :(

I miss she so much.
Feb 23, 2021 9:18 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
People overreact at how bad this ending was tbh, from what I read, Inori is living inside Shu now, or something of the sort, which you can't really understand from what is shown, but whatever.

Thing is, most Japanese writers nowadays SUCK at writing conclusions, thus this wasn't really that bad vs some real stinkers, and again, I found Shu development much more credible and less annoying than the first part, and I already there liked his interactions with Ayase, so they ship did have some potential behind it, but tbh best girl ended to be Hare, and she died on ep15!

People worship Inori too much, when I think she is one of the biggest wastes of potential, a big fuck up, you can blame GC with.
She had the looks for sure, but her development felt messy, felt bipolar as fuck, and suddenly loving Shu again, plus the whole Mana thing and she was another mess.
Tsugumi gave me a lot of fanservice, plus Neko ears, no complaints about her, she was likable enough, plus I love those mecha suits. :3

Gai was a piece of shit early on, then I started to like him more, solely for the anime to mess it with bring him back a second time, and the explanation did not work for me, felt forced, just like the whole Mana thing, again, the plot has some potential but it was not told in a way that I could care, and also felt dumb when you think about it, the virus hits the Earth, the whole Adam and Eve thing, Humanity next stage of evolution, and a sis wanting to bang her little brother, then goes mad when rejected and goes for another (Triton/Gai).

Now, why I m still giving this a good score... OST and some really nice highs, like episode 4 and 15, but also when you strip the anime of its MESS of a plot, and look to some episodes, like these final 2, the action and everything were great, really.
Mana/Inori looked SICK on that dress of hers, and the whole thing felt very entertaining, if you forget the train wreck to this point, there are some real merits here and in the end, I m able to come out and said it was a mixed bag, but ended being entertained, a lot with the final episodes (and ep4 & 15), the animation was not always top notch but they nailed it when mattered the most.

I only wanted to see that Daath blonde bastard suffer a bit more, fuck him.
If it wasn't for Sawano soundtrack, I would have scored this one at least -1, but like it is, it was the heart of most of the anime, many scenes were much better thanks to it, which goes to show how important music can be.

8.0 = 8/10

Orulyon said:
So technically, Shu is committing incest. Inori being the clone of Mana, has the exact inner and outer DNA of his sister...but a different soul. I felt like they wanted to appeal to Neo Genesis Evangelion fans...

I can agree that the mess of the plot did make me think about NGE, but the difference is that NGE had more interesting characters, and actually felt really deep and interesting, and then you have End of Evangelion that is a masterpiece and when you do some search, it is just awesome to understand all the neat details, and is a very though provoking story that really sticks with you and makes you reflect upon it, even many years later.
PlaycoolFeb 23, 2021 9:25 AM
Feb 23, 2021 9:31 AM

Jan 2021
Garbage ending and characters. 3/10
May 1, 2021 2:32 PM

Dec 2020
I think it was pretty good, just sad Inori left

🌸Profile: Here🌸 👹Anime List: Here👹 👺Manga List: Here👺

Jun 24, 2021 8:32 AM
Jun 2021
This anime is interesting.
Interesting in the fact that on one hand I feel like holy shit that was amazing.
And on the other hand I'm like what the fuck did I just watch.
I wanted so badly to be emotionally invested in the characters but it just wasn't there.
Except Hare's death. 10/10

Overall not as bad as people make it out to be, but I understand why they do.

7/10. The art had me HOOKED.
Dec 6, 2021 9:06 PM

May 2016
lol that was shit. Inori was a shit character same with shu. Hare was ok but i did like Ayase.

Was hoping shu would die, same with that douchebag souta
Jan 11, 2022 5:57 PM

Dec 2007
the ending was good and bad at the same time as, well, like the rest of the series.
i seriously preferred shou to be dead, what life he has exactly lol? though long time now the story played shou x ayase part.
though this was "end" i feel as big parts didn't got good answer, one of them is inori origin. yeah yeah i get she's "vessel" and not real one, but leaving main character without much of story and characteristic was really bad for my taste.

and overall, though i had endured a lot from this inconsistent in the anime, i still wants more lol.
it had very few characters i really grew into, i don't even need one hand to count them lol. one is hare second is ayase. the rest are very forgettable or i didn't really cared. shu isn't the best MC but had it moments, but didn't cared for him one bit. gai had big potential that the anime hasn't used.
overall this anime had very good idea and potential. the problem is the execution, the anime just tried so hard to be what it's not. i heard people comparing this to code geass, it's not even close. code geas made me care for almost all characters or wish some to be dead (i'm looking at you suzuku), even the fanservice was endurable. GC just didn't made me care enough for the mystery to be solved. hell, it didn't solved anything. it felt for me as they took the concept and played with it to their heart content so it "will look cool" or to make some "interesting" plot twists. i'm sorry to say the anime didn't made that happen. it did though made me curious to see it through the end.
so with that curiosity and potential. some good OST and more than average animation, i give this anime 6.
Jan 20, 2022 3:35 AM
Oct 2021
I have never disliked an anime so much. It had some good parts that were few and far-between, but watching it was irritating more often than not.

Even the ending managed to be anti-climatic without solving any of the core issues presented throughout the show. The many plotholes and character inadequacies that were never resolved.

Jan 26, 2022 12:52 AM

Dec 2020
The show was fine (6/10) till episode 12, then came the garbage truck. The writing afterwards makes the likes of SAO look decent.

Never thought I'd rate anything below 3, but oh well here it is.
Mar 8, 2022 9:27 AM
Nov 2020
By ignoring the part where the mc was trash this story and journey was actually pretty good
if only this mc isn't a pssy then this anime would have used its full potential cuz of so many things you could do with an mc that only seeks to improve and learn from mistakes he would've definitely been worthy for being the king for years not just one eps when hare died, the hype when hare died and him saying he'll become the king bro THE HYPE WAS REAL!

7/10
Mar 26, 2022 1:58 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I'm still so confused with everything revolving around Gai, Mana, and Daath, and heck even Inori herself. I'll probably scroll through this discussion thread to find some understanding; if this anime is even meant to be understood. This anime is literally so anime it's the most anime anime that could ever anime. If this made just a bit more sense then it maybe would be decent. All I know is that somehow Shu was able to prevent the apocalypse together with Inori. Otherwise, this was me during most of the episode:

I was really feeling a 3/10 during most of the time spent watching this. But honestly it's not that bad. I'll give it a 4/10, I think that's fair. It deserves recognition for the music at least. Alright I'm done with this and will forget about it completely by tomorrow. Hope you all have a good one. Cya!

edit: Nvm, It's a 3, I'm giving it a 3/10, final answer
BetaMaleUltraMar 26, 2022 2:11 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 3, 2022 8:16 PM
Aug 2017
This show is a fucking joke and the people producing it should be be ashamed of themselves. It's pathetic how bad it is. They overdid things to the point of it being corny and ridiculously forced, pretentiously bad. They willingly made retarded decisions because they thought it would be "cool". The animation is good but they wasted so much good animation on idiotic scenes, to be honest it should be a sin to waste so much resources, time and effort on something so damn bad.

Is this supposed to appeal to pretentious chuunibyou teenagers that have no grasp on logic nor any will to care about the plot at all? Without any grasp whatsoever of reality? Because that's the only way in which you can enjoy this trainwreck piece of shit. Should be illegal to produce such waste and polluting media.

Also, can someone tell me what the fuck is up with that skin tight clad brat dancing around in some kind of a virtual box? I mean, from the first time we saw her supposedly controlling stuff like communication, mechs, hacking etc, I wondered what the fuck was wrong with the brains of the people thinking that whole deal up. I mean, I'd buy it if they were in an vrmmorpg, but they're not, what the fuck can swiping cutesy thing around repeatedly and clicking on the same button a million times do while dancing around? It's nothing but a pathetically bad attempt to appeal to the younger generation with things they think are relatable because they don't know shit and to show off her petite body dancing around and jiggling like some fucking strip tease.

I feel sick having watches this for so many reasons, this takes everything that is bad with the anime industry and subpar fantasy writing. They didn't even bother to stop for a second to think "is this somewhat plausible?", instead all they thought about was "would this be cool to a chuunibyou teenage audience?" and they then crammed in everything they could think of that they think would look cool to younger people without giving a single shit about anything else.

I can only say this is pretentious animation and bad story: the show. The only good things is the music and the animation quality.
Pages (24) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.