Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2012 11:59 AM

May 2011
Shinobu as a teen is just as freaking awesome as she is as a adorable kid. HELL YEH!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Senjougahara whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy u do dat!?

Lmao Araragi looked like a zombie half the time during the fight.

Great sequel to Bakemono, really liked alotta episode this season. Looking forward to Kizu and more installments of monogatari.

Takumaku said:
Shinobu with a Mista DONUT JACKET. AH CAN'T RESIST MY FUCKING PENIS TURNING INTO VAMPIRE NOM YEAH SWEET SHIT KICK SOME ASS LOVE BLOOD YEAH GO NISEMONOGATARI.

Give me more. God.
What a great way to describe this.
Mar 25, 2012 7:23 PM

Mar 2011
This series wasted so much of my time. Viewed on its own, I'd have probably liked it more, but my expectations were set with Bakemonogatari.

Last two episodes were good.
Mar 25, 2012 8:15 PM

Jan 2012
everyone is cutting their hair! i'm platinum mad!
i wish they animated the shinobu pwnage but gotta leave that on our imagination.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 26, 2012 12:56 AM

Jul 2007
No actual fight scene, just Koyomi getting fucked up lol

I was platinum mad that Senjougahara didn't make a real appearance at the end but they went ahead and showed she cut her "long beautiful hair" ;/

Overall, I definitely preferred Bake over Nise. I felt that they went a bit overboard with the fanservice and imoutocest in this one lol

Still, I look forward to the next installment in the arararagimonogatari.

8/10
Mar 28, 2012 2:43 PM

May 2009
bbmello said:
glad its over

Yeah, I hope I'll be able to forget it as fast as possible. Enjoyed only one ep of this series(6th episode), rest was craaaaap.
Mar 28, 2012 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
I really enjoyed 3 or 4 episodes.
Mar 29, 2012 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
What's the obsession with girls cutting their hair in this series? Tsubasa, Hitagi and Karen.
Highlight of this episode is Shinobu. So moe~

Overall, this pales in comparison to Bakemonogatari since both arcs ended in such an anti-climatic way.
Mar 29, 2012 2:03 PM

Mar 2011
Enjoyed watching the series. Hope it gets a new season soon =)
Mar 31, 2012 1:28 AM

Aug 2010
Liked Nise more than Bake.

Blow me
Mar 31, 2012 8:47 PM
Nov 2010
Homolust said:
Liked Nise more than Bake.

Blow me

I liked Bake more, but i thought Nise was really really good, especially the last episode. The scenery and backgrounds were amazing and i thought the story in the last episode made up for the few parts where it dragged. Can't wait to read the books/watch Kizu^^
Apr 1, 2012 8:19 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
8/10 liked more than last season. hope to see more :D Love the ecchi and messed up aspect. But this "stylish" art style is not my type..
Apr 1, 2012 6:07 PM

Apr 2012
darkerealm said:
What's the obsession with girls cutting their hair in this series? Tsubasa, Hitagi and Karen.

I'm pretty sure that the girls cutting their hair is a way to move on for them, for example:

Hitagi: after episode 7, she was finally able to get revenge (kinda) on Kaiki, and close that chapter of her life, thus being able to move on

Tsubasa: we see her with short hair since the begining because in her case, she confronted her feelings towards Koyomi at the end of Bakemonogatari, and after being rejected, she moved on with her life

Karen: after episode 7 and 8, she was finally able to form a close bond with her brother, with whom she spent the previous episodes fighting, so she cut her hair in episode 9

---------------------------------------

Other than that, i would say that i really liked the show, and the monogatari series in general, SHAFT of course has the crazy idea of animating every single one of the Monogatari novels, Kizumonogatari comming at the end of this year (October i think), and Nekomonogatari probably comming in 2013 and the rest coming, well, later on.

We don't get any sequels of Nisemonogatari yet, as Kizumonogatari is the prequel of Bakemonogatari, and the Nekomonogatari they intend to animate is the one set during the Golden Week (i need confirmation of that), the first time the cat within Tsubasa shows up, again, before bakemonogatari.

Well, i'm looking forward to more of the combination of Nisio and Shinbo, those two always make great stuff together (though both of them are Trolls...). 10/10

I will leave a link to a translated version of Kizumonogatari for the ones that don't want to wait to know the story (it is amazing!!!):

"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Apr 7, 2012 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
Well this last two episodes where really awesome but still i don't think this can score as high as Bakemonogatari because it really spend too much time showing us how perverted Araraki is instead of much plot. He really went overboard this time.

Teen Shinobu looks more badass and it seem she was kicking the ass of that other little monster girl.

Senjougahara's hair really where wonderful but come on guys relax, she looks awesome in short hair too. This shows that a real beauty never loses her charm. Why can't you people see that short hair have their charm too. I did kind of felt enormously jealous of Araraki going to her there at the beach in the end. I couldn't help but think how lucky the damn bastard is. Just look at her, she's so amazing!
Damn you, you lucky bastard, maybe it's only fair that you get a few beatings in your life.
MonadApr 7, 2012 9:38 AM
Apr 8, 2012 1:55 AM

Apr 2009
Tsukihi Phoenix conflict ends, I wonder if Nisemonogatari will get the Bakemonogatari treatment with extra web release episodes.

It doesn't really matter if Tsukihi was never human to begin with, she's still Koyomi and Karen's beloved little sister. I thought the two teams were going to go for a draw with both one win and one loss, but you gotta hand it to Koyomi for refusing to give up to Yozuru. Shinobu taught Yotsugi a lesson on respecting her "elders".

It's clear how much Koyomi loves his sisters, going so much as to get his ass royally handed to him, and yet win the fight in the way only he can. Nobody messes with the Araragi family. "That's how family works."

Though I have to admit that the author's war on beautiful long hair has me platinum mad. Well, it'll all grow back eventually. If he lets them.
Apr 8, 2012 7:09 PM
Jul 2010
SayakaMagica said:

It's clear how much Koyomi loves his sisters, going so much as to get his ass royally handed to him, and yet win the fight in the way only he can. Nobody messes with the Araragi family. "That's how family works."

Araragi has a good chance of winning such a fight, he was never fighting Yozuru seriously to begin with and anyone that knows why from the novels would agree with me. He also states himself that he never intended to kill her, though this is not viable evidence for my original point.
Apr 9, 2012 4:06 PM
Aug 2009
happySoul said:
Wow. Awesome ending. Who was that at the end, though? Hitagi with cut hair?

Who was it? :)
Apr 11, 2012 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one that likes Senjougahara with her short hair?

Actually, I like them all with their hair short, it's cute. Specially Hanekawa.

Kanbaru looks better with her hair long though.
No.
Apr 16, 2012 2:06 AM
Aug 2010
I feel like this "season" or whatever you want to call it, was very lacking compared to 'Bakemonogatari'.

There are many reasons, but the top has to be the ANTI-CLIMATIC ending to both arcs.

It just seems like it was all HAX, yes, the same way Shounen does it's stories....sorry, but I really feel that way.

The way they ended the Karen arc just bothers me so damn much, it was literally all talk and nothing to show for it. At least this arc had a better conclusion but at the same time it seemed very contrived and not logical with the way this "world" operates.

Despite this grievance, I'm going to give that a pass because this series is much more than just telling a story.

It's one of the most unique and entertaining shows in a sea of generic and utterly bad anime.

Overall, the top character (Once again) was Koyomi Araragi, he really is what makes this anime so damn fun to watch.

Although, I feel Karen really made a huge fanbase (especially with the FAMOUS TOOTHBRUSH episode).

In Conclusion, I'm very pleased with Nisemonogatari, it didn't live up to what Bakemonogatari was, but then again I don't think there was any way it would've been better.

As an ecchi fan, I loved all the ecchi scenes, I loved Karen, and all the other girls.

9/10....I feel like I might be giving this series a higher rating than it deserves.

Then again, Shinobu and Karen were just too delicious :D
ichig0fanApr 16, 2012 2:11 AM
Apr 17, 2012 7:57 AM

Jul 2011
What's with this whole "the author hates long hair" rubbish? If that was true, Senjougahara and Tsubasa would have never had long hair in the first place. They cut their hair (along with Nadeko) becuase Koyomi has a fetish for short hair.
Apr 18, 2012 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Well, let's hope the next monogatari series is much better than this one.

It's a shame Nisiosin's characters still suffer from notshuttingthefuckup-itis.
Apr 23, 2012 12:23 AM
Apr 2012
is nisemonogatari the second part of bakemonogatari?
cuz` I just finished both.. what`ll be next? XD
I can`t wait XD
Apr 27, 2012 3:16 AM

Jul 2008
Mormegil said:
Well, let's hope the next monogatari series is much better than this one.

It's a shame Nisiosin's characters still suffer from notshuttingthefuckup-itis.

It'd be hard to be worse than this series.
The pacing completely blew my mind, they could've wrapped this whole series up in 4 episodes, if that.
Apr 27, 2012 6:16 PM

May 2009
Shinobu is too darn epic, in every conceivable way. Can't wait for Kizumonogatari!
Apr 29, 2012 6:26 PM

Jul 2011
awesome end to the season.

can't wait for the next season.

really enjoyed the bgm and animation, 10/10

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
May 2, 2012 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
This one was much better than its prequel.
May 6, 2012 10:14 AM

Dec 2011
I don't get it, did Senjougahara end the relationship with araragi? What happened to her? I don't understand, did I forget something while extending the watch times between episodes? I'm confused as hell. Then he said that he had a girlfriend at the end I don't get it? Who was that girl?

Edit: OH I'm dumb, that was her with short hair but her hair was gorgeous :(... Argh I didn't think she was serious... I want to see more of her with short hair now... See how she's changed.
AnarchyLenaMay 6, 2012 10:26 AM
May 28, 2012 2:01 AM

Sep 2011
First, Karen... Short Hair. Then Senjougahara... SHORT HAIR TOO!!!? I'M PLATINUM MAD!

9/10

Jun 4, 2012 9:20 PM

Mar 2012
So Kanbaru grows out her hair and then all the other girls cut theirs short? -__- With the exception of Karen however, everyone looks nice with the short hair. As long as Shinobu never cuts her hair. Speaking of her, she was awesome in her adult form!

This series was just as good as Bakemono imo.
Jun 7, 2012 3:42 PM

May 2011
What happened with Senjougahara's hair? Not good!

Amaaaaaaaaazing anime...too funny, amazing art, fanservices great as well and even better than Bakemonogatari.
I really loved it!

10/10
roddypiiMay 30, 2015 8:22 AM
Jun 11, 2012 7:19 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing.Amazing.Amazing.Enjoyed every single episode, had a lot of laugh and ''OMG EPIC'' moments everywhere.
Now im waiting for Koimonogatari and Onimonogatari animated version!.

10/10
Jun 26, 2012 10:06 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode, however, I was expecting to see Shinobu fight, ah well.

Liked the season a lot more than I did with Bake*, probably cause I got used to the style with Bake*.

Looking forward to more in the future.

4/5 for the ep.
9.5/10 rounded to 10 for the series. :)
Jul 6, 2012 7:52 PM

Mar 2012
I was really surprise to see what happen to her sister at the end of the episode :O And the battle was pretty awesome too....though every time i see Araragi Koyom bleeds i feel kinda scared that he might die 0,o Also SHINOBU OSHINO grown up :D she looks sexy *o*

Anyway 9.5/10 for this anime <3 Loved this anime ^.^ Hoping for season 3~

PS: Collecting its Figure ^0^
Jul 17, 2012 9:14 AM

Jun 2011
They really rushed things with Tsukihi's arc, especially at the climax. Kagenui's retreat was too forced to feel like a rational conclusion to the fight. I did like Shinobu's powered-up form; she was awesome as hell. It's a shame we didn't actually get to see her fight against the minion though.

For me, Nisemonogatari was nearly as enjoyable as its prequel. The only thing that let me down is the sudden change in pace in the final arc and the introduction of gratuitous detail that had no real contribution to the plot.
Jul 25, 2012 4:33 AM

Apr 2012
I put off finishing this anime for so long because I just didn't want it to end. LOL. Gonna die waiting for Kizumonogatari...

They did rush Tsukihi's arc quite a bit and karen bee was so drawn out, which was super weird to me since her "monster" came to such an easy resolve. Lol. But anyways, I'm not sure if it even mattered, story-telling wise.

Honestly I just loved the little things they did in Nisemonogatari. Like how before Shinobu in loli form would simply say "Ka Ka" to laugh(or cackle?) but after regaining some of her true form, she did the full out Mwuahaha true vampire laugh. Or Kagenui's "Kyoto Accent" I googled and found out there's a shrine for a famous Onmyoji in Kyoto.

And the way they incorporated Tsukihi Phoenix in the scenes was so beautiful and made me tear up just a little bit every time.

Anyways, Koyomi's relationship with not only his sisters, but every character is just so well portrayed. I want Koyomi to be my older brother :'(
Jul 27, 2012 12:26 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
First Bakemonogatari and now Nisemonogatari are both true works of art. The art of this season was even better, better colors and wonderful surreal backgrounds. The wordplay is so unique. Nisemonogatari felt different from Bakemongatari, and it took me a while to get into it but it ended great. I personally loved the increased sensuality/sexuality of this season. I hear the next season will be a movie. Looking forward to seeing it.
Aug 2, 2012 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
Bravo. Pretty satisfactory ending. It that matters.
Anyway, till the next movie then.
Aug 2, 2012 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
Episode was brilliant, the whole series was brilliant. "Love scenes" were very exciting, but never exceeded the boundary between love and hentai, so anime watched with big pleasure. I missed only Senjougahara and her love to Koyomi. With great impatience I'm waiting for continuation.
Aug 4, 2012 7:19 PM

May 2012
Well like the prequel it had not that good ending and what's up with that beach and Senjougahara having cut her hair O_O'

Either way it is rather an open ending and it does say continue so will there be any sequels ? Or will it just be Kizumonogatari the prequel on Bakemonogatari ?

Nice anime though 8/10
Aug 7, 2012 9:46 PM
Jul 2012
Boba_Fett said:
Well like the prequel it had not that good ending and what's up with that beach and Senjougahara having cut her hair O_O'

Either way it is rather an open ending and it does say continue so will there be any sequels ? Or will it just be Kizumonogatari the prequel on Bakemonogatari ?

Nice anime though 8/10

Kizumonogatari will be the prequel movie and Zenmonogatari is the third (sequel) season that I've heard is combining the rest of the Monogatari books into a single season. It's been announced on the Bakemonogatari Website, but all that really appears is the logo for the next season and everything regarding it is kind of speculation at this point (as far as I know at least).
Aug 14, 2012 12:15 AM

Feb 2011
Actually "battle" isn't a valid word when Araragi gets involved . He basically got beat up like fawk :3 8/10 Anyway
Aug 17, 2012 4:23 AM
Jul 2012
Nisemonogatari wasnt as good as Bakemonogatari imp, but still very enjoyed it and the improved animation, characters and comedy was a very welcome change, but i still prefer the atmosphere and stories of bakemonogatari. 8/10
Aug 18, 2012 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
Nooo! the ending sucks!
Without mention I don't like fanservice, I really feel very unsatisfied щ(ಥДಥ)щ...

anyways ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ BAKEMONOGATARI WAS PLATINUM SUPERIOR... ka ka!!

9/10 for the stunning visuals and the tons of creative stuffs.
Aug 20, 2012 11:21 PM

Jun 2012
WHY IS EVERYONE CUTTING THEIR HAIR!?!?!? Didnt expect that kiss, and i thought koyomi's sisters knew he was going out with hitagi. Guess not.

10/10
Aug 25, 2012 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
Man, can't wait for Shaft to do the other monogatari novels...
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Aug 26, 2012 4:25 PM

Aug 2012
Awesome episode.
Loved all those Shinobu show-off.

First was feeding time:

Next was showoff upon arriving at the vilains' lair:

After that Araragi-kun gets his major ownage:

I lol'd so hard upon seing his face:

Can't wait for the future monogatari adaptations :(

Aug 31, 2012 2:09 AM

Aug 2012
I want MOAR NOW!!!!!
Sep 6, 2012 2:27 AM

Aug 2012
gotta love Shinobu's Donut Jacket, i wanna have one!

I really like the bond between Koyomi and his sisters, and i'm not really bothered by the scene where he kissed Tsukihi, it's quite amusing lol

Senjougahara's short hair.. at first i thought she would always look better with her ponytail but later on i found that her short hair is kinda cute, and the scene where she's walking in the beach wearing summer dress, omg absolutely gorgeous!!

i guess since Kizumonogatari is taking place before Bakemono, Senjougahara won't make any appearance right? kinda sad but still it would be great to watch Shinobu in her adult form, can't wait!

final score : 9/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 19, 2012 8:56 AM

Sep 2011
Shuhan said:
WHY IS EVERYONE CUTTING THEIR HAIR!?!?!?

True. Although this series has so many fan-service, their fan-disservice is so heavy! D<

Sep 22, 2012 11:34 AM
Feb 2012
Only 1 thing to say - WHY SHE CUT HER HAIR T.T
Sep 24, 2012 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
I'm gonna miss these characters I hope the other novels will be animated soon
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2012

256 by tsumetai1163 »»
Yesterday, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

757 by Atavistic »»
May 15, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 4, 2012

221 by eblf2013 »»
May 10, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 28, 2012

415 by otakuweek »»
May 2, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

324 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 28, 9:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.