Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 13, 2012 9:29 PM
Dec 2007
SephiriAzure said:

I loved the moment between Mio x Tetsurou...it seems like they may end up together, which will be awesome....
I disagree about the Ichika/Kaito scenes being awesome, they were too much of a bitter contrast to the gloom and doom that was Kanna, Tetsurou and Mio's relationship conflicts. Also unlike Kaito's almost sadistically blunt rejection (seriously now, I know he can't do anything but did he had to be THAT matter of fact about it?) Tetsurou expressed a wavering heart. In other words, Mio's actions have not passed unnoticed by him, as you can tell by his inability to reject her. Kanna on the other hand was too surprised to even reject him and fled the scene (which is about as good as a rejection honestly). I wouldn't call Tetsu/Mio as a clutch, but she has a big fighting chance.

Mar 14, 2012 12:01 AM

Nov 2011
This felt like a fitting ending. Judging by the preview, I have a feeling I won't like the actual ending.
Mar 14, 2012 1:06 AM
Jan 2010
I'm guessing they're going to refocus on Ichika x Kaito with the sister character coming in and all.
I feel so bad for Tetsurou and Kanna, they were so brave and strong. Really is a shame to see it go like a brick, but then again, MIO is around. Is Kanna going to be singled out... or a yuri ship with Ichika's sister? Lolololol.
Mar 14, 2012 4:23 AM

Feb 2012
A really good episode! I loved Mio in this one <3
Mar 14, 2012 6:21 AM

Nov 2010
So, does this mean I can have my KannaXRemon ending? XDD

Kanna's development was well done. Seriously, with this episode, she now surpassed Remon as my favorite character in the series. That run and scream scene got me. I admire her strength and how she handled the situation.

While Remon really has no development at all so far in the series, but her consistency of having the best scenes every episode more than makes up for it. The condom troll was HILARIOUS. She better have some prominent role in the upcoming episodes... OR ELSE!!!

Mio by far has had the best development out of any character in this show. I REALLY love how she was handled throughout the series, and this episode did the best at showcasing how far she's come.

Tetsurou was also handled pretty well. I can't say that I'm surprised about his feelings for Kanna, but he sure hid it well. Between the two main male characters, I'm going to have to say that Tetsurou did a better job.

Kaito, I didn't like him at all this episode, but maybe it's because he was too blunt with his rejection. Meh, I didn't like him from the beginning anyway.

As for Ichika. Not sure how I feel about her just forgetting about her initial objective, but hey, the girls in love, so I might let that pass... maybe. Having her sister come at the end of the episode raised my interest though, hopefully this will give her the development that she needs. I just don't think they did a good job at handling her character at all, especially given the fact that she's the main heroine. These last episodes better fix this! Or else!

Oh and lol @ Condom scene.
Mar 14, 2012 6:55 AM

Feb 2012
I like that about Kaito. Why should he have to sugarcoat? He didn't do that with Kaori Kinoshita.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 14, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
I can't stand that little pink bunny thing
Mar 14, 2012 12:33 PM
Jun 2009
The episode as a whole was good and still made me laugh when Lemon handed Kaito the condom. Kanna/Testuro/Mio are trying to make each other stronger but in the end i could see that kanna is going be left alone which is sad.

My only complaint is that they sort of threw in the onegai sensei twist. The protagonist decides to go with the alien and at the last minute a family figure shows up.
Mar 14, 2012 12:40 PM

Oct 2011
EchoesOfMana said:
So, does this mean I can have my KannaXRemon ending? XDD

I think that now they will make Kanna x Remon x Rinon triangle
after all poor thing had so much of stress so he/she deserves something more than just one kiss
Mar 14, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
Beautiful episode. It was amazingly done, and I'm really happy with how they executed this scene.

Tetsuro x Kanna forever :) It looks like the love triangle of Tetsuro, Kanna, and Mio will never be resolved. It's alright with me though.
I hate myself for this, but I don't like Mio very much. She's nice and everything, but I've been a pretty big Tetsuro x Kanna fan and seeing her hug Tetsuro like that kind of irked me lawlz. Her character change was impressive though; she's a very dynamic character. I honestly wanted to see a scene of Tetsuro crying bitterly alone. It may sound really cruel, but it would have let us really see in actions how much he truly loves Kanna.

I'm a bit surprised about how there's 2 more episodes though. Many things are already done. Except for the bit about Ichika's sister. I'm honestly losing interest now. My favorite character was Kanna, and now that her problems are somewhat resolved I don't feel the passion I had before xD.

Kai and Takatsuki. Don't care really. It was going to happen fo shizzle. It just makes me sad because of Kanna, but I liked how Tetsuro was about to help her make her have her confession to Kai. It was sweet :)

5/5
fishergirl16Mar 14, 2012 1:00 PM
Mar 14, 2012 1:04 PM

Jul 2010
Leon-Gun said:
SephiriAzure said:

I loved the moment between Mio x Tetsurou...it seems like they may end up together, which will be awesome....
I disagree about the Ichika/Kaito scenes being awesome, they were too much of a bitter contrast to the gloom and doom that was Kanna, Tetsurou and Mio's relationship conflicts. Also unlike Kaito's almost sadistically blunt rejection (seriously now, I know he can't do anything but did he had to be THAT matter of fact about it?) Tetsurou expressed a wavering heart. In other words, Mio's actions have not passed unnoticed by him, as you can tell by his inability to reject her. Kanna on the other hand was too surprised to even reject him and fled the scene (which is about as good as a rejection honestly). I wouldn't call Tetsu/Mio as a clutch, but she has a big fighting chance.

I really think that the Tetsuro/Mio/Kanna love triangle won't be resolved at all. It seems like something that the viewer has to decide for themselves. Besides that though, I kind of disagree with you in saying that the Ichika/Kaito scenes were over-done. I feel like it's SUPPOSED to bring that bitter contrast between Kanna and Tetsurou's sadness so that we feel sympathy for them. Honestly, those scenes were painful for me to watch. Seeing them love over each other while everyone else was suffering made them seem pompous to me. (Not that they are, it just brought about that feeling).
Mar 14, 2012 2:37 PM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Hmm, I'm going to root for Tetsuro and Kanna

I want to root for them too, but Mio and Tetsurou have really great chemistry too. Glad that Kanna and Tetsurou finally got their feelings off their chest.

Remon and Kanna are my two favorite characters of this series, and they both continue to shine. Kanna's run to finally tell Kaito her feelings was a great scene. It was great for her to finally just tell him even though she knew she had already lost him to Ichika.

Ichika and Kaito are my least favorite of the main characters, but they do make a good couple so I can't fault Kaito for his choice there(I would have taken Kanna over Ichika myself though).

Great episode. 5/5 for me.
Mar 14, 2012 3:03 PM

Aug 2008
lol Mio is a bit of a stalker. Popping up whenever Kanna and Tetsurou are together. :P
Mar 14, 2012 3:07 PM

Oct 2009
Mio is my all time favorite after this episode! Not so interested in the new development with the sister if it means a sad ending is in sight :p bleh
Mar 14, 2012 3:27 PM
Dec 2007
darkerealm said:
lol Mio is a bit of a stalker. Popping up whenever Kanna and Tetsurou are together. :P
Must have been trained by Remon.
fishergirl16 said:
Besides that though, I kind of disagree with you in saying that the Ichika/Kaito scenes were over-done. I feel like it's SUPPOSED to bring that bitter contrast between Kanna and Tetsurou's sadness so that we feel sympathy for them. Honestly, those scenes were painful for me to watch. Seeing them love over each other while everyone else was suffering made them seem pompous to me. (Not that they are, it just brought about that feeling).
I understand and see why they were done, but the scenes only made me hate Kaito more. Made him seem like a selfish brat, especially considering he KNOWS at least 1 person is suffering (he can't play the "I didn't know" card because Tetsurou told him of Kanna's feelings and the fact she "caught a cold" was an incredibly obvious lie). The blunt response to her confession was was unncesesarily matter of fact too. At least he could soften the blow a little.

Mar 14, 2012 8:20 PM
Mar 2012
inb4 Remon films Kaito and Ichika as Kaito uses his new condom. 8D On a serious note, I really hope the ending doesn't turn out to be something where alien girl leaves and boy just waits patiently and optimistically for her to come back. However, it seems to be pretty inevitable with the introduction of Ichika's sister.
Mar 14, 2012 8:41 PM

May 2008
What is this anime doing to my emotions...

Mar 14, 2012 8:48 PM

Nov 2007
A very good episode focused on Kanna and Tetsurou. But the ending ruined it. Just my thought.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 14, 2012 9:26 PM

May 2010
So now we see how Tetsuro and Kanna relationship is gonna work out. Basically this was Tetsuro's episode. After all of these complications, at least he came out with it and finally said his feelings towards Kanna. And Mio, wat are u God or something?

And Ichika's sister and that preview......NO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! Don't leave, Ichika (as the title implies). I'm fearing I'm still not done with shedding these tears.....

BTW total troll Remon with that condom XD.

Mar 14, 2012 10:47 PM

Jan 2010
Dat KaitoXIchika hnnnnnngh.

I imagine myself as Kaito a lot too xD
Mar 15, 2012 5:36 AM

Dec 2011
Awesome ep.

Remon and her codom.
Kaito and the alien and their cute scenes.
Tetsuro and his plan.

But i feel sad for Kanna.
:(

I love her. She is my fav char.
Mar 15, 2012 6:02 AM

Dec 2010
Emika>Ichika
「J>K>W」
事実。
Mar 15, 2012 6:24 AM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
I just lost it with that scene

Lemon senpai you are the best !!
Mar 15, 2012 7:28 AM

Jul 2010
The dere dere scenes with Ichika and Kaito were fantastic! I love the slightly uncomfortable, "can't believe my luck" attitude that Kaito had. I also love the fine details, like the clinking of their glasses whenever they get close to kissing. All of the characters have displayed great personal growth in this show, with the possible exception of Kaito, who actually wasn't that much of a clueless wonder protagonist. He has been fairly consistent. Yes, it took him a while to get up the nerve to tell Ichika how he feels directly, but he let it slip early on and she was the one that had to come to terms with her own feelings, and the difficulties of her "situation". Kaito merely waited for her to show that she was ready to accept his feelings.

It seems that all of the characters now realize that keeping your feelings bottled up is a recipe for heartache. Yes, telling the person you like about your obsession can lead to rejection, but not telling them guarantees that you won't get together with them.
Mar 15, 2012 9:31 AM

May 2011
I think I'm going to pretend that Kaito and Ichika are side characters, and that Mio/Tetsuro/Kanna are the real main characters of this show, because they're seriously far more interesting.

Honestly, besides Ichika being pretty and Kaito being adorbs, what does their relationship actually have going for them? There's no substance.

But then, I guess Lemon trolling them at every possible turn gives them flavor. She seriously makes the show.
Mar 15, 2012 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
allrealelements said:
I think I'm going to pretend that Kaito and Ichika are side characters, and that Mio/Tetsuro/Kanna are the real main characters of this show, because they're seriously far more interesting.

Honestly, besides Ichika being pretty and Kaito being adorbs, what does their relationship actually have going for them? There's no substance.

But then, I guess Lemon trolling them at every possible turn gives them flavor. She seriously makes the show.

This. Exactly my thoughts after watching this episode.
They really don't deserve to be the protagonists. The other characters are just so much better in terms of development and interaction.
Mar 15, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2011
nateb39007 said:
So now we see how Tetsuro and Kanna relationship is gonna work out. Basically this was Tetsuro's episode. After all of these complications, at least he came out with it and finally said his feelings towards Kanna. And Mio, wat are u God or something?

And Ichika's sister and that preview......NO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! Don't leave, Ichika (as the title implies). I'm fearing I'm still not done with shedding these tears.....

BTW total troll Remon with that condom XD.

I think you missed the boat on the Tetsurou confession. Kanna pretty much is going to keep loving Kaito no matter what. She didn't say anything about having feelings for Tetsurou. If anything this episode slowly shows Mio winning over Tetsurou. Though I'm not sure if Tetsurou's final choice will be made by series end.
Mar 15, 2012 1:27 PM
Jan 2012
Toreno said:
allrealelements said:

They really don't deserve to be the protagonists. The other characters are just so much better in terms of development and interaction.

Both of these. Seriously, although it unfortunately happens (like here), you shouldn't be able to get by on looks alone. Some of us are too easily swayed without analyzing characters beyond the surface level. Alas, it's bound to propel severely underdeveloped characters to being considered main characters because they're just sooooo cute and/or hot. Sigh. At least develop your main protagonists beyond their surface elements is all.
Mar 15, 2012 5:02 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Kat (kiltroutgore) normally blogs this show, but she is away this week and I'm filling in for her. It took me a few days to get something on paper, but I've finally posted my thoughts on this episode on her blog.
Mar 15, 2012 10:16 PM
Dec 2007
exs120 said:
Toreno said:
allrealelements said:

Both of these. Seriously, although it unfortunately happens (like here), you shouldn't be able to get by on looks alone. Some of us are too easily swayed without analyzing characters beyond the surface level. Alas, it's bound to propel severely underdeveloped characters to being considered main characters because they're just sooooo cute and/or hot. Sigh. At least develop your main protagonists beyond their surface elements is all.
Can we name Tetsurou, Kanna and Mio the main characters already? can we?

Mar 16, 2012 1:36 AM

Jun 2011
Art2010 said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Art2010 said:
Honest to God at this point if they don't stay together I'll will never watch this mans work again, just my wholehearted opinion b/c if he did this to build up the series to just School days bang everyone ill be pissed...

I just looked up 'school days' because I was curious as to how bad the ending was and WOW wtf is up with this anime ahahah. Even if ano natsu ended up with ichika leaving, it would be NOTHING like the ending to school days. That was seriously some twisted (but hilarious) shit ahaha

LOL the first time I watched it I didnt know so the ending for me was unreal, but yea nothing to that effect will happen here I just hope it doesn't leave me with the same feeling of regret for watching it ...

Lol. I still remember the first time i watched School Days was when i kept seeing how everyone was saying how bad the ending was and so i thought the guy must have ended up with another girl in the end so i prepared myself for it by trying to like the 2 female lead, and i actually did. But the ending totally fucked me up in the wrong way.

Anyways am i the only one still amazed at how anyone of them is there whenever someone from their group feels depress? Also great episode, i literally can feel what each of them were feeling (seriously).
Mar 17, 2012 2:17 AM

Sep 2008
So I guess Kanna just rejected Tetsurou. Good. Very good. Now its going to be Tetsurou x Mio like it should be.

Great episode.
Mar 17, 2012 2:50 AM

Jan 2012
ArcanaTrace said:
Art2010 said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Art2010 said:
Honest to God at this point if they don't stay together I'll will never watch this mans work again, just my wholehearted opinion b/c if he did this to build up the series to just School days bang everyone ill be pissed...

I just looked up 'school days' because I was curious as to how bad the ending was and WOW wtf is up with this anime ahahah. Even if ano natsu ended up with ichika leaving, it would be NOTHING like the ending to school days. That was seriously some twisted (but hilarious) shit ahaha

LOL the first time I watched it I didnt know so the ending for me was unreal, but yea nothing to that effect will happen here I just hope it doesn't leave me with the same feeling of regret for watching it ...

Lol. I still remember the first time i watched School Days was when i kept seeing how everyone was saying how bad the ending was and so i thought the guy must have ended up with another girl in the end so i prepared myself for it by trying to like the 2 female lead, and i actually did. But the ending totally fucked me up in the wrong way.

Anyways am i the only one still amazed at how anyone of them is there whenever someone from their group feels depress? Also great episode, i literally can feel what each of them were feeling (seriously).

School days was just awful =(....I felt really bad about how the characters were treated....

Anyways onto the subject, for some odd reason it felt like Kei's monologues have ended, because of the lighter tone that the episode took at the end. Interesting to see her sister there though. Can't wait til episode.
Mar 17, 2012 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
Solkiskey said:
Man... the Tetsurou, Kanna, Mio thing is much more interesting than Kaito/Ichika.

4/5

I'm so glad im not the only one who thought so. If Mio and Tetsurou end up staying together I really wonder how Kanna might react to it.
Mar 17, 2012 9:09 PM
Mar 2012
I guess i can understand people wanting Kai and ich. Really though, i'm still hoping for the Kai and Kanna pair. To me it would be better, let the alien leave the planet and be done with it.
Mar 17, 2012 9:31 PM
Dec 2007
5layer said:
So I guess Kanna just rejected Tetsurou. Good. Very good. Now its going to be Tetsurou x Mio like it should be.

Great episode.
Eh, I dunno if I call that a rejection but that's how Tetsurou would take it. Kanna reacted as one would expect considering she has no romantic feelings for him, he's her childhood friend and they've stuck together for a long time. But best friends does not equal lovers. So Kanna got shocked by the unexpected revelation (unexpected to her anyway). It's not a clear cut rejection but the end result is the same, Tetsurou faced the truth (that Kanna can't see a lover in him) and thus now has to re-evaluate his feelings., which we can see are a little more complex than Kanna's or Kaito's. From his conversations this episode he seems to have an equal iterest in Mio now, whether he admits it or not.
Leon-GunMar 17, 2012 9:34 PM

Mar 18, 2012 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
Everything is falling into place, it seems. It's great how everyone's coming to terms with their own true feelings. Kanna will be able to move on now. And it seems all was well for Mio, after all. She was there to catch Tetsurou's "fall". Not to mention all those heartwarming Kaito x Ichika scenes. Ichika's sister arrived. And those things don't really tend to go so well...

Great episode. Still loving this show, and enjoying every moment of it.
Mar 19, 2012 9:50 AM

Jun 2009
If there is something I like about Kaito. It doesn't take time for him to shut off a confession because he knows what he wants. Heart of stone and a hero every romance anime deserves.
Mar 22, 2012 4:11 PM

May 2011
Finally everybody's love confessions are gone and over with. Glad to see Kanna actually give a real smile again and accept it, even tho I had rooted for her. And Tetsurou finally got the courage to do it too thanks to Mio. Hmm I didn't think think about the questions that Mio asked Tetsurou, so thats what he was hoping at first. It was so nice to see Mio there for him at the end, wonder if they are going to get anywhere.

Now that this love pentagon has been mostly resolved, its going to be all about Ichika. :o Her sister is a beauty.

Lemon trolling every single episode.
Mar 23, 2012 12:38 AM

Nov 2007
this show decided to use the worst pairings ever.

I hate Ichika. Kaito is an idiot. Tetsuro has terrible timing. Mio = forever alone. Kanna = dumped and sad.

Ichika = stupid alien that's not an alien. uninteresting character plot device.

I wish it'd end with Ichika GTFO off Earth. Kaito doesn't deserve Kanna.
Mar 25, 2012 8:27 PM

Sep 2008
Two love triangles dealt with in one ep? xP

lol.

Anime could really have ended with them back to filming, no complains at all. But they decided there's more to the story and Ichika's sister came to Earth...

For now this ep was really a,
6/5! (It actually gave me many moments in which I felt like saying WTF?!)

Sadly, when almost any Anime gets prolonged, it ruins it however I really hope this anime would end well.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mar 26, 2012 3:17 AM

Oct 2010
When they were talking about another place where an alien landed i thought onigai teacher LOL. Did anyone else feel that way?
Mar 28, 2012 8:46 AM

Mar 2011
Lemon scenes are awesome.
Mar 31, 2012 10:57 PM

Sep 2011
LOL confessions in this Anime seems like nothing. xD

Its hard not to laugh when Ichika and Kaito kiss because their glasses keep clicking together... ;-;
Apr 1, 2012 7:00 PM

Feb 2012
Good Episode so far. I really like the fact that this series is very light and heartwarming.

Apart from that, I have nothing to say. Another 4.7/5 this time and Ichika do have an older sister :OOO wth!? lol
Apr 2, 2012 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
That someone would appear from Ichika's planet was obvious that it would be her sister however came as a bit of a surprises.
Still the result is the same.
Just makes me wonder how she will react the Kaito tho.
Apr 2, 2012 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Unrequited Love: The Anime

I don't care for Kanna, but damn I at least want to see Mio end up with Tetsuro but I know that won't happen.
May 16, 2012 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Well looks like everything's finally solved he- oh wait Ichika's sister came to Earth? Plot twist! Looks like she might be the final hurdle in Kaito and Ichika's relationship.

Lol @ Remon's gift! Best gift ever!
Jun 4, 2012 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
"Kaito, I love you!!"
"But I love Ichika"
"I know...but let's make a great movie together :3"

this actually made me WTF and then LOL
mystik said:
this show decided to use the worst pairings ever.

I hate Ichika. Kaito is an idiot. Tetsuro has terrible timing. Mio = forever alone. Kanna = dumped and sad.

Ichika = stupid alien that's not an alien. uninteresting character plot device.

I wish it'd end with Ichika GTFO off Earth. Kaito doesn't deserve Kanna.

Dude we are like on the same page, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this line of thinking.
xMusicMohawkJun 4, 2012 2:18 AM
Aug 13, 2012 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
I'm starting to think that Ichika has come to Earth before, and probably met a young Kaito when she did. That's probably what that's leading up to, IMO.

Remon is such a troll. Still think she isn't human.

Wow, the ending of this episode complicates things. I figured something like this would happen. I wonder if it's Rinon's fault, or it just recognized Ichika's sister was coming.

Only 2 episodes left, and I really can't decide how I want this series to end.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.