Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2008 1:27 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like another small, new fansub group has appeared. You can find it at Tokyotosho.

Anyway, episode was pretty good. Love the docking sequences once again. Robin's reactions are always great. And an insight into Kuma's powers were revealed. Good stuff.
Sep 2, 2008 10:13 AM

Jun 2007
Robin was freaking great this episode. Nami as well. Guess the real fight with Moria starts next week. And judging by the preview, we'll have awesome movie 9 style animation ^^
Sep 2, 2008 10:21 AM
Nov 2007
Hmmm well i thought it wasn't really one of the greatest episodes. The filler part and the overuse of the docking joke in this episode drag it down a bit
Sep 2, 2008 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
It was alright.
Sep 4, 2008 11:36 AM
Apr 2008
Loving Nami's 'I SAW NOTHING!'
Hopefully from Kuma-guy's question we miight get to find out what happened to Ace soon...

Why do I keep referring to that schibukai guy in my head as kuma-chan?
Sep 5, 2008 7:19 AM

May 2007
The past 2 or 3 episodes have been really good. I'm really looking forward to the final Odz fight.
Sep 5, 2008 6:45 PM

Aug 2008
LOL~ I really liked this episode!!
Very hilarious!
Poor Oz getting owned while he was stuck-that was so freaking funny!! :P
Sep 5, 2008 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
Next week looks so awesome
I love Kuma so much >< I wonder if in his bible he has all these kinds of locations to send people based off their descriptions XXD
Yay! Panda-man is back!!
Love Robins glare to Sanji XXD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2008 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode. I like this Kuma guy, and hopefully, since he mentioned Ace, we'll find out what happened after Ace vs. Blackbeard or something?

Sep 6, 2008 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
Great Episode, the crew & kuma were awesome, I cant wait for the next episode & what kuma has to say to moria, oh and the zombies were hilarious ^_^
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Sep 6, 2008 11:02 PM

Apr 2007
I loved Robin in this episode. It's nice to see the scary side of her once in a while ;)

Also, is this the first time Kuma spoke in the anime? I can't remember him talking during the meeting over 100 episodes ago. Either way I really like his voice though it's not what I expected for Kuma.
MonochromeSep 6, 2008 11:09 PM
Sep 8, 2008 4:54 AM

Aug 2007
Yay Pandaman xD
Mar 15, 2010 4:05 AM

Oct 2008
Introduction of Kuma. Seems badass.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 21, 2010 5:50 AM

Feb 2009
Slow, but getting interesting. Odz, Moria and Kuma to take care of, I don't think we ecer had so many powerful oponents facing Strawhat crew at the same time so far.
Apr 7, 2011 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
o_0 omg. Kuma just made Perona vanish in a instant. What kind of technique is that? holy shit.

This episode was pure win. things are starting to really get interesting, If i remember right, didn't this Kuma guy have like a bounty of 370 million. There in deep shit. Also Zoro learning how to use his new sword and develop new attacks was epic. The battle against OZ is really getting intense.

Robin's dark side was so hilarious, i think that is the first time she has shown that kind of expression, that is normally something that nami would do so i didn't expect it from robin.
ArtimesGamerApr 7, 2011 2:54 AM

May 9, 2011 8:35 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode is awesome. I wonder how Kuma is going to play into this and, to be honest, I don't find Moria all that menacing. I mean, all he is doing is hiding behind his shadow like a bitch. But, man, Kuma sure does seem interesting.

Who the hell knows where this is going.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 12, 2011 9:39 PM

May 2010
I liked how Zoro was testing his new sword.. well anything with Zoro or sword-fighting is awesome haha That Kuma Tyrant dude is strong.. but i'm just wondering why his asking about Ace haha
Oct 11, 2011 5:02 PM

Oct 2011
Lol @ robin's docking. Perverrrted, would franky's arm even fit there? Unless I took it a step further I think that's what sanji was thinking o_O cause robin is usually calm lol.
Feb 1, 2012 4:46 PM

Jan 2012
this was the best episode so far in the arc imo!
the docking thing/fighting against oz was really amusing. robin was precious. zoro is being his usual BAMF. then new (and more intimidating) shichibuki shows up, with a mention of ace!
in other words things are actually starting to get interesting. at the beginning of the arc i felt like this was another filler episode, being too wacky and removed from the main plot, plus i felt like lame shadowblubber wasn't worth it as a villain. my OP is back.
Nov 11, 2012 6:16 AM

Mar 2010
Kind of a surprise..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 8, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2012
wow bartholomew kuma was a lot more intimidating and cooler than I thought...
I wonder why he's asking about Ace and what he's trying to find Moria for.
either way, he's definitely a toughie. i like him~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 4:44 PM

Dec 2012
Hillarious episode XD
Kuma seems bad bad news! I hope we will learn more information about Ace though.
May 27, 2014 3:48 AM

Oct 2012
Uh-oh
Those rape faces xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 7, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
Ray_Light said:
Uh-oh
Those rape faces xD
xD

Oct 4, 2014 10:03 PM

Jan 2014
Dem faces tho!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 10, 2015 7:48 PM

Jun 2015
Two warlords at one place, shit is about to get serious
Aug 23, 2015 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
The devil fruit abilities these new characters have are just getting weirder and more unbelievable (even for OP)

I've been wondering why ace has a different name to luffy even though theyre brothers and his parents and grandparents have "monkey D." in their name
May 29, 2016 4:11 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
nami as always more into cash then anything else xD

Jul 24, 2016 2:52 AM

Mar 2015
Shit getting serious, but a name like Bartholomew Bear is.. yeah
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 9, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2014
Wow, Robin's death glare really is quite something XD

Pretty tense episode, and I definitely loved the second half...so Kuma is one of the seven Warlords of the sea. I dunno why, but I just presumed he was Doflamingo's chaperone lmao

Anyway, his power is neat- he can make people disappear? I wonder where they go...I'm guessing it has something to do with the question he asked Perona- I'm thinking perhaps he sent her to the location she described??

Also wondering how Ace is gonna tie into all this, and what became of his fight with Blackbeard. The plot thickens, I guess!
May 26, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
That look on their face when they found out that Oz was stuck. They are real devils.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 18, 2018 9:32 AM

Jun 2016
I had two really cool thoughts this episode. Overall it was pretty awesome!

First, Zoro's new sword! First he had a very big interest and more knowledge than he should have had about Ryuma. When he won he called him Samurai of Wano Kingdom if I recall proving he knew just who Ryuma once was, probably through legend. And, finally, he knew that sword was something incredibly legendary, said to not break even if a dinosaur crushed it or something, and that's why he set out for it! Cool! I really can't wait to learn more about who Ryuma was. I assume seeing how tight-lipped Zoro is he won't be telling anyone as he did promise not to bring up the duel out of respect to his past self but I'm sure we may get some subtle hints as we go on. ;) It should be cool to see him testing it out! I also did a bad cut and paste job to get the panning shot of him holding it all in one!

Second, Kuma is fascinating. Not only do I adore his chilling voice and his massive body shape but the mixed signals he's giving are the thing I'm most curious about. Kuma, "the Tyrant" is said to be, or to have once been the epitome of cruelty as a pirate. Yet, he hasn't shown excessive cruelty yet. He's only taken on people who challenged him, he let the zombies retreat freely, and he seems to not do it out of anger or anything but rather efficiency. "I can't ask you about Moria's whereabouts when you're being belligerent". Further he seems to be able to teleport and before teleporting Perona he asked where she would go if she could go anywhere for a trip, that hardly feels unrelated, I'm thinking he actually teleported her to her dream vacation spot... On top of these mixed signals of calling him the epitome of cruelty and a "tyrant" yet not having him display any of these signs, we can see Hogback, Arlong, Crocodile, Eneru, and many others as being far more cruel than he is, he also carries a very big and noticeable bible. Clearly the bible does not go with these descriptors of cruelty. Nor do his actions or attitude. So, it makes him a very curious character with some intentional mixed signals going on. For that I'm super curious about him.

He removed his glove and read a bible verse before teleporting Perona and her negative ghosts. I wonder if he can only teleport people by getting close enough to them with his hands. Otherwise the removal of the glove would feel weird and pointless. For the bible verse, I'm unsure right now.

Kuma also asked about Ace. Ace is central to Blackbeard and Whitebeard so I'm curious on why he asked that. Maybe simple curiosity? Maybe something more?

I love how Perona had a sigh of relief when she saw Nami confronted her and not Mr. Negative Nose. I hope those two have a rematch one day. <3 I also love how Nami was so confident to confront an army when treasure and her ship was on the line.

To get to some small praises and criticisms, Franky, Chopper and Usopp are an adorable trio and seeing them trick Oars into punching himself and then having Usopp trick Oars like he would trick Luffy was so funny and sweet. I can't wait for fun moments like that trio is having but including Luffy as well. Oars too is hilarious, I love how he kept Luffy's amazement and fun loving nature.

I'm not a fan of the pervert jokes coming from Sanji recently, the whole I want to peek in the bath was fine but this time the idea of perving on Robin while she joined the robot I was not a fan of. I always loved the depiction of Sanji as a hopeless romantic over a pervert, it's far easier and more common to depict perverts in anime so Sanji was a breath of fresh air. This arc has made him perv out twice in quick succession.

As I've said numerous times, although it's still clear from a meta narrative perspective that Oda is dragging out Luffy's time with filler activities so the climax can be intense and all about him presumably, the fact it's in character and the way we saw him rocket into the sky to spot the shadow from above was great.
May 28, 2019 5:17 PM
Apr 2019
Robin was Kawaii AF
Feb 1, 2020 4:09 AM
Jan 2020
The best way to beat Oars would be to have Sanji cook a giant piece of meat and stuff it with barrels of salt, and let him eat it
Jul 15, 2020 9:16 AM

May 2016
It's amusing that the Franky Robo 3 actually has some merit to its use even if it wasn't what I had expected from it. It's already impressive enough that they're able to hold Oars off but I'm looking forward to seeing them defeat him as well.

Perona got the short end of the stick when Kuma introduced himself... I don't know what happened to her but at least it happened in an instant instead of having to suffer like how it might feel getting swallowed by Blackbeard's void. I wonder what he wants to do with Luffy and Moria.

May 24, 2021 10:19 AM

Jun 2019
Gotta love, Robin Chwan...
Aug 8, 2021 3:45 AM

Aug 2021
Robin still didn't docked
Persona got vanished maybe it was kuma's fruit power
Kuma looks dangerous and him asking for ace was maybe related to ace against blackbeard
Aug 18, 2022 12:55 AM

Apr 2018
LOL I love the trio!
Sep 6, 2022 8:35 PM
May 2021
Franky: Let's hang until Luffy kick Moria's butt

Zoro: Why we need to wait, we just want finish him off, right?

This what happen when you put two MC in a single show
Dec 10, 2022 12:57 AM
Aug 2021
haven't hit the feels yet. sat 10 dec 2022
May 29, 2023 8:45 PM
Oct 2019
Whatt?? Kuma one of the Seven Warlords?

Perona vanished? Oh shit.
Jul 29, 2023 10:51 AM

Oct 2019
Kuma is certainly a mysterious guy.. I wonder what his intentions are
Sep 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Mar 2017
Another fantastic episode. Loved every minute! This arc is really picking up now.

Perona certainly was full of herself thinking she could take on that shichibukai Kuma.. and she got what she deserved, lol.
Feb 4, 2:38 AM

Jun 2017
Seriously! What was Perona thinking? She could've just run away! It's not like Kuma wanted to fight her! Thanks to his appearance though, I wouldn't get to see a Nami vs Perona fight. 😭

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 19, 11:31 PM

Dec 2022
anime did so damn good with the Kuma introduction man amazing
May 11, 8:18 PM
Jul 2017
this was truly a swell episode
May 14, 8:16 PM
Apr 2020
When Zoro licked the sword 🤤
May 22, 1:37 PM
Jul 2021
I hate Moria's laugh still.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

59 by MegamiRem »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 11

56 by MegamiRem »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

47 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

51 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

51 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.